These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Alloy Tritanium Bar: Price increase

Author
Verocity
8 Virtues
#21 - 2012-04-21 02:00:46 UTC
I think a particular player has been moving the price up. A few weeks back while I was placing buy orders for these, the same person placed multiple buy and sell orders for these at 2500 units each. Since then, I've noticed these orders since they are always at 2500 units. I'm not familiar with the exact strategy, but if one were to constantly increase and place buy/sell orders for a particular item, they could slowly nudge the price up. I reported them as a bot since they placed about 9 orders simultaneously.

Of course I could be an idiot and have no idea what I'm talking about but that's my theory and I'm sticking with it!
Shingyoku
Griffin Support Services
Ad-Astra
#22 - 2012-04-21 06:04:34 UTC
Verocity wrote:
I think a particular player has been moving the price up. A few weeks back while I was placing buy orders for these, the same person placed multiple buy and sell orders for these at 2500 units each. Since then, I've noticed these orders since they are always at 2500 units. I'm not familiar with the exact strategy, but if one were to constantly increase and place buy/sell orders for a particular item, they could slowly nudge the price up. I reported them as a bot since they placed about 9 orders simultaneously.

Of course I could be an idiot and have no idea what I'm talking about but that's my theory and I'm sticking with it!

seems probable, but I'm not exactly an expert in market manupulation
kakarifar
LOOK BOTH WAYS
#23 - 2012-04-21 07:26:18 UTC
Its always good to hide your manipulation alongside much bigger mineral fish that are frying Twisted
Mirkko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2012-04-22 09:29:02 UTC
Market manipulation by a single person. There is a specific pattern he does every day and presumably once enough buy orders have built up behind him (probably in the next few weeks) he'll crash the market and make a few billion.
JitaPriceChecker2
Doomheim
#25 - 2012-04-22 11:03:27 UTC
Maria Yumeno wrote:
Maybe the t1>t2 salvage mechanic will finally be implemented?

That would be stupid.

Previous page12