These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

CCP picked the wrong console.

Author
Twulf
Order of the Eagles
#61 - 2012-04-02 23:09:30 UTC
Enkryption wrote:
Twulf wrote:
Enkryption wrote:
Wrong console, wrong company.


Sony - one of the most vile, despicable companies on this planet has been literally bending their customers over every single chance they get for the quite awhile now. Look at the PS3. They removed the backwards compatibility for one reason, so they could "remake" older games and resell them for more money.

Now, look at the rumors for the PS4. Absolutely no backwards compatibility. It looks like they are trying to completely destroy the reselling of games because games now require you to log in to PSN. If you resell, the person that buys the game will not have complete access to the game because the key is locked to the original owner's PSN.

Imagine if this worked with cars. You buy a used car but since you aren't the original owner the brakes won't work, ever. Have fun!

How does this bode with Dust514? When CCP ports it to PS4 will they continue support for the PS3 version or are we all going to get screwed once again?

How could you partner with such a reprehensible company CCP?


You sir are an idiot. please wake up and join reality before you post this nonsense.

It is common knowledge in the gaming world EA, Microsoft and Sony want to kill the used video game market, this market does not generate any cash for them and they are greedy bastards. This is common knowledge to those that watch the Video game market.
This is not a SONY only thing, this is across the board. The used game market takes profits out of their pockets is what the Higher ups at EA, Microsoft and SONY think.

The next Xbox will not have backwards compatibility either.

Justt like PS2, they will support PS3 for another year or so depending how PS4 sells.

Is it me or does this OP seem to be screaming. "I have an Xbox360 and mommy and daddy told me NO when I asked them to buy me a PS3 for Dust"


I don't own an xbox I own a ps3 and it's the last PoS I will ever buy from Sony.


Hope you don't plan on ever watching Blu Rays because SONY invented and sells the tech for Blu ray's. Every blue ray player sold is a profit for Sony. Also PS3 is the best Blu Ray player on the market today.
Ai Shun
#62 - 2012-04-02 23:09:34 UTC
Minabunny wrote:
The choice to put it only on a console is more the mistake.


Why? Because they are tapping a new market for CCP?
Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#63 - 2012-04-02 23:24:50 UTC
lol so CCP picked the console with fewer online fps options among customers, and you think they picked the wrong console?
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#64 - 2012-04-02 23:34:42 UTC
Posting in a thread where the OP states that Sony is more evil than Microsoft :derp:

I won't repeat what others have said apart from a quick summation

CCP : Microsoft "hey guys we have this wicked good f2p shooter that hooks up to our own servers & our other game"
Microsoft : CCP "your own servers you say? sorry no can do, we can't skin our customers with that approach"

CCP : Sony "hey guys we have this wicked good f2p shooter that hooks up to our own servers & our other game"
Sony : CCP "your own servers you say?, and your other game, that just happens to be one of the largest virtual worlds that's not sharded?, hell yeah that's innovative and forward thinking, we'll help you"

I don't own a ps3 or an xbox 360, I still use my ps2 slim and my original xbox (it's a media player now, I don't game on it XBMC ftw)

@Tippia Atari Lynx? try Atari 2600 P still got one, still works to.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Enkryption
Intergalactic Pool Boys
#65 - 2012-04-02 23:39:51 UTC
Ai Shun wrote:
Enkryption wrote:
Ai Shun wrote:
Enkryption wrote:
Or oh, I dunno, remove mouse support? There are controllers for the PC you know?


That sounds like a solid plan. Remove the core input device for a PC and require all your users to purchase a controller if they don't have one so they can play the game. I can see you are a budding businessman. Roll


Yah, cause requiring everyone to buy a $300 console is SOOOOOOOOOOO much cheaper then a controller, RIGHT?

Way to show that once again sony fan boys are complete rubbish at any other thought process other then "lolz throw gernade BOOOOOOOOOM lolz again again BOOOOOOM lolz"


Dear child. Nobody is required to buy a $300 console. Nor did I ever suggest it should be so. I am certainly not going to purchase one. Fortunately my partner has one, so if I want to try the game I can use that.

Please try to not invent positions for other people - it is making you look really, really stupid.



You can't back track out of your quoted stupidness.


You suggested making people pay for a $300 console "if they don't have one" instead of a $10 controller "if they don't have one".

If it will help you sleep at night though, you can keep trying to backtrack out of it.
Enkryption
Intergalactic Pool Boys
#66 - 2012-04-02 23:43:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Enkryption
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Posting in a thread where the OP states that Sony is more evil than Microsoft :derp:

I won't repeat what others have said apart from a quick summation

CCP : Microsoft "hey guys we have this wicked good f2p shooter that hooks up to our own servers & our other game"
Microsoft : CCP "your own servers you say? sorry no can do, we can't skin our customers with that approach"

CCP : Sony "hey guys we have this wicked good f2p shooter that hooks up to our own servers & our other game"
Sony : CCP "your own servers you say?, and your other game, that just happens to be one of the largest virtual worlds that's not sharded?, hell yeah that's innovative and forward thinking, we'll help you"

I don't own a ps3 or an xbox 360, I still use my ps2 slim and my original xbox (it's a media player now, I don't game on it XBMC ftw)

@Tippia Atari Lynx? try Atari 2600 P still got one, still works to.



Sony accepted because they are absolutely DESPERATE to get something (an fps) people want to play on the PS3 that may increase sales of the system because they have absolutely nothing left to lose. Developers left en-mass because of how the PS3 was handled, PS4 will be even worse. Probably gonna be a $700 dollar system that won't sell jack squat in units.

And lol @ M$. You people obviously have short memories. $oE is way, way worse.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#67 - 2012-04-02 23:50:37 UTC
Enkryption wrote:

Sony accepted because they are absolutely DESPERATE to get something (an fps) people want to play on the PS3 that may increase sales of the system because they have absolutely nothing left to lose. Developers left en-mass because of how the PS3 was handled, PS4 will be even worse. Probably gonna be a $700 dollar system that won't sell jack squat in units.



And Microsoft said no because it involved them not being in total control of Dust and how it connected to Eve. They're both as bad as each other TBH, Microsoft because they like to keep an iron grip on the software and ban paying customers for minor modifications to hardware, Sony because they removed the ability to run homebrew on their hardware, which incidentally pissed off a lot of people, and their PSN interface belongs in the 80's.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Ai Shun
#68 - 2012-04-02 23:57:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Ai Shun
Enkryption wrote:
You can't back track out of your quoted stupidness.


You suggested making people pay for a $300 console "if they don't have one" instead of a $10 controller "if they don't have one".

If it will help you sleep at night though, you can keep trying to backtrack out of it.


No, dear. That is not what I said. That is what you imagine I said.

I told you it makes sense to target a new group of customers from a business perspective. That is point 1.

When you responded that the answer balancing the different input devices between PC and Consoles was to disable the mouse on the PC and force everyone to buy a controller I said you are a s.m.r.t businessman. That is point 2.

I did not suggest everyone needs to buy a console as the game is targeted at a different group of customers. You know, the ones that already OWN A PS3.

The two are distinct and separate points. Sorry you cannot comprehend that.
Enkryption
Intergalactic Pool Boys
#69 - 2012-04-03 00:19:21 UTC
Ai Shun wrote:
Enkryption wrote:
You can't back track out of your quoted stupidness.


You suggested making people pay for a $300 console "if they don't have one" instead of a $10 controller "if they don't have one".

If it will help you sleep at night though, you can keep trying to backtrack out of it.


No, dear. That is not what I said. That is what you imagine I said.

I told you it makes sense to target a new group of customers from a business perspective. That is point 1.

When you responded that the answer balancing the different input devices between PC and Consoles was to disable the mouse on the PC and force everyone to buy a controller I said you are a s.m.r.t businessman. That is point 2.

I did not suggest everyone needs to buy a console as the game is targeted at a different group of customers. You know, the ones that already OWN A PS3.

The two are distinct and separate points. Sorry you cannot comprehend that.



Keep trying to backtrack.

A "new group of customers" would have been PC FPS players which is a different group then what eve is. Considering more people play PC FPS's then any single console FPS (especially anything on the PS3) should have been a clue but, well, you are the person who thinks a $300 console is less of a burden to buy then a $10 controller.
Nariya Kentaya
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#70 - 2012-04-03 00:34:17 UTC
Nirnias Stirrum wrote:
Well in all fairness Sony is a pretty crap company they have a track record of ruining games, Planetside, Star Wars Galaxies are the ones i know of cause i played them until :SOE:

RIGHT HERE, the ONLY bad history sony ahs is the infamous :SOE:, and wahts this? SOE ahs no development influence over DUST? DUST is all managed by CCP down to every patch they amke?

well then, looks like CCP already dodged the bullet before it was fired in this scenario.

(BTW, i played SWG from pre-cu til a year after NGE, post-cu was.... livable... but post-nge was like riding in a sinking ship.)
Ai Shun
#71 - 2012-04-03 00:38:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Ai Shun
Enkryption wrote:
A "new group of customers" would have been PC FPS players which is a different group then what eve is. Considering more people play PC FPS's then any single console FPS (especially anything on the PS3) should have been a clue but, well, you are the person who thinks a $300 console is less of a burden to buy then a $10 controller.


People who own a PS3 are not going to spend $300 on buying a PS3. I know that is hard to comprehend, but please try. No matter how many times you repeat it it still won't make any sense.

Edit: Either way, I am done discussing this with a person that appears to be more interested in trolling than a sensible discussion. Or who is simply too stupid to understand the basics of communication. Enjoy your impotent rage.
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#72 - 2012-04-03 00:43:16 UTC
What would really work and without any crap from Sony and MS is a DUST on P f**king C.


Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Vertisce Soritenshi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#73 - 2012-04-03 00:47:44 UTC
Enkryption wrote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Posting in a thread where the OP states that Sony is more evil than Microsoft :derp:

I won't repeat what others have said apart from a quick summation

CCP : Microsoft "hey guys we have this wicked good f2p shooter that hooks up to our own servers & our other game"
Microsoft : CCP "your own servers you say? sorry no can do, we can't skin our customers with that approach"

CCP : Sony "hey guys we have this wicked good f2p shooter that hooks up to our own servers & our other game"
Sony : CCP "your own servers you say?, and your other game, that just happens to be one of the largest virtual worlds that's not sharded?, hell yeah that's innovative and forward thinking, we'll help you"

I don't own a ps3 or an xbox 360, I still use my ps2 slim and my original xbox (it's a media player now, I don't game on it XBMC ftw)

@Tippia Atari Lynx? try Atari 2600 P still got one, still works to.



Sony accepted because they are absolutely DESPERATE to get something (an fps) people want to play on the PS3 that may increase sales of the system because they have absolutely nothing left to lose. Developers left en-mass because of how the PS3 was handled, PS4 will be even worse. Probably gonna be a $700 dollar system that won't sell jack squat in units.

And lol @ M$. You people obviously have short memories. $oE is way, way worse.

lol...Sony and Desperate. Riiiiight...that is just showing ignorance right there.

Go ahead. Give me examples of how Sony is worse than Microsoft and ill chuck back 3 things that Microsoft did that makes them worse than Sony.

Bounties for all! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2279821#post2279821

Nariya Kentaya
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#74 - 2012-04-03 00:57:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Nariya Kentaya
Vertisce Soritenshi wrote:
Enkryption wrote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Posting in a thread where the OP states that Sony is more evil than Microsoft :derp:

I won't repeat what others have said apart from a quick summation

CCP : Microsoft "hey guys we have this wicked good f2p shooter that hooks up to our own servers & our other game"
Microsoft : CCP "your own servers you say? sorry no can do, we can't skin our customers with that approach"

CCP : Sony "hey guys we have this wicked good f2p shooter that hooks up to our own servers & our other game"
Sony : CCP "your own servers you say?, and your other game, that just happens to be one of the largest virtual worlds that's not sharded?, hell yeah that's innovative and forward thinking, we'll help you"

I don't own a ps3 or an xbox 360, I still use my ps2 slim and my original xbox (it's a media player now, I don't game on it XBMC ftw)

@Tippia Atari Lynx? try Atari 2600 P still got one, still works to.



Sony accepted because they are absolutely DESPERATE to get something (an fps) people want to play on the PS3 that may increase sales of the system because they have absolutely nothing left to lose. Developers left en-mass because of how the PS3 was handled, PS4 will be even worse. Probably gonna be a $700 dollar system that won't sell jack squat in units.

And lol @ M$. You people obviously have short memories. $oE is way, way worse.

lol...Sony and Desperate. Riiiiight...that is just showing ignorance right there.

Go ahead. Give me examples of how Sony is worse than Microsoft and ill chuck back 3 things that Microsoft did that makes them worse than Sony.

well, ill gieb you a negative on both.

Sony: Their security on their servers is ****... i eman LITERALLY, they get hacked what? once every 3 months? thank gawd CCP isnt going to have DUSt on THEIR servers.

Microsoft: they charge for EVERYTHING, literaly, if they had their way with dust, their would be no isk, you would buy the game, buy multiplayer, buy each map, and have to pay real money for each gun... ALL SEPARATELY.

(and before you satrt screaming fanboi-ism, i dont have a ps3, i have a 360, adn regretfuly pay for all this ****, it annoys me, but i just cant be arsed to get a ps3)
Potamus Jenkins
eXceed Inc.
Plucky Adventurers
#75 - 2012-04-03 01:05:26 UTC
i fear soe


*goes back to swgemu*
Kolya Medz
Kolya Inc.
#76 - 2012-04-03 01:27:17 UTC
I will NEVER buy a console. No corporation will EVER dictate how I use my hardware and software together.
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#77 - 2012-04-03 01:35:24 UTC
Enkryption wrote:
Ai Shun wrote:
Enkryption wrote:
You can't back track out of your quoted stupidness.


You suggested making people pay for a $300 console "if they don't have one" instead of a $10 controller "if they don't have one".

If it will help you sleep at night though, you can keep trying to backtrack out of it.


No, dear. That is not what I said. That is what you imagine I said.

I told you it makes sense to target a new group of customers from a business perspective. That is point 1.

When you responded that the answer balancing the different input devices between PC and Consoles was to disable the mouse on the PC and force everyone to buy a controller I said you are a s.m.r.t businessman. That is point 2.

I did not suggest everyone needs to buy a console as the game is targeted at a different group of customers. You know, the ones that already OWN A PS3.

The two are distinct and separate points. Sorry you cannot comprehend that.



Keep trying to backtrack.

A "new group of customers" would have been PC FPS players which is a different group then what eve is. Considering more people play PC FPS's then any single console FPS (especially anything on the PS3) should have been a clue but, well, you are the person who thinks a $300 console is less of a burden to buy then a $10 controller.

Recent game sales would suggest that the pool of PC FPS'ers is smaller than that of console FPS'ers. So if you are looking at it like that, they went for the larger of the 2 pools of players that would allow them to achieve their desired ends.
Twulf
Order of the Eagles
#78 - 2012-04-03 01:46:16 UTC
Kolya Medz wrote:
I will NEVER buy a console. No corporation will EVER dictate how I use my hardware and software together.


So you don't use an OS on your computer? A Corporation does dictate how you use your hardware and software, that is a fact of life. Do you own a TV? Check. Do you own a cell Phone? check. Do you own a computer? check.

A TV is hardware
A Cell Phone is hardware that has software on it and you cannot control the OS, you can pick which OS
A computer is hardware that has software on it and you can control which OS you use but unless you write your own OS then a corp does dictate how you use it.

Sometimes people need to stop and use common sense.
Sri Nova
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#79 - 2012-04-03 02:06:33 UTC
All this will be irrelevant come second half of 2013.
Black Dranzer
#80 - 2012-04-03 02:36:39 UTC
Should've been a PC shooter. Why, CCP? Why didn't you make it a PC shooter? It would've been so ******* good. I would have bought it. I would have played it. But no, ****** console FPS, so I can't.