These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE - The Brigand Sandbox

Author
Justa Altlol
Doomheim
#61 - 2012-03-31 20:49:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Justa Altlol
Alara IonStorm wrote:
Xander Riggs wrote:

Perhaps innate hull resists? To reflect the industrial work being done inside?

I am thinking more along the line of 200+ Grid for LSE and 800mm Plates, Cruiser level HP for Mining Barges an Industrials which have Low Shield and Armor and 3-4 Mid Slots for Mining Barges.

General Boost more to tanking potential then then just base tank. If people still fly them around unfit after they have the grid, slots and base stats to support a real tank then well I don't know maybe a special server with crayons in the CQ or somethin. Straight

Hulks can already tank 0.0 belt rats. That's good enough for a non-combat ship.
RougeOperator
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#62 - 2012-03-31 20:50:25 UTC
Justa Altlol wrote:
RougeOperator wrote:
Justa Altlol wrote:
RougeOperator wrote:

"She was totally asking for it. Look how she was dressed."

Hmmmmm food for thought.

Eve isn't real. Food for thought.

Pointing out the flaw in the logic being used.

Its criminal logic.

Thinking things that happen in imaginary internet spaceship land are criminal. It's nutjob logic.

You can have criminal thought and mindset and logic while doing anything mate. Including playing a game.

Sorry this seems to be so far over your head.

**Space wizards are real, they can make 10058 votes vanish. "and for a moment i hurd 10k goons cry out, then silence" **

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#63 - 2012-03-31 20:51:33 UTC
Xander Riggs wrote:
Perhaps innate hull resists? To reflect the industrial work being done inside?
No need. Just fit a suitcase and you're money.
Alara IonStorm
#64 - 2012-03-31 20:52:19 UTC
Justa Altlol wrote:

Hulks can already tank 0.0 belt rats. That's good enough for a non-combat ship.

And it will still be able to. Except it can fit a Large Shield Extender.
Xander Riggs
Slamtown Federation
#65 - 2012-03-31 20:52:26 UTC
Karim alRashid wrote:
Xander Riggs wrote:
Richard Aiel wrote:
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:

Let's say that someone scams 80 billion ISK out of you. Want to punish him? The game provides no way to harm him as much as he hurt you, so your best chance is to identify him IRL, and then pay him a visit with some brass knuckles... Roll

seems to be what the Mittens supporters are saying with the "this isnt important" talk.
Whats next podding IRL and collecting corpses?

Yeah, guess that wouldnt be a big deal either

Well, if we ARE podding IRL, that implies we have pods, which implies we're immortal, so actually, no, that wouldn't be nearly as bad as it seems.

Plus, we ARE collecting corpses.

Touche'!

"A man with a drone-boat has nothing but time on his hands."

Karim alRashid
Starboard.
#66 - 2012-03-31 20:55:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Karim alRashid
RougeOperator wrote:
Justa Altlol wrote:
RougeOperator wrote:
Justa Altlol wrote:
RougeOperator wrote:

Hmmmmm food for thought.

Its criminal logic.

Thinking things that happen in imaginary internet spaceship land are criminal. It's nutjob logic.

You can have criminal thought and mindset and logic while doing anything mate. Including playing a game.

Tell me more about drawing conclusion about one's out of game mindset from his in game actions.

Pain is weakness leaving the body http://www.youtube.com/user/AlRashidKarim/videos

Virgil Travis
Non Constructive Self Management
#67 - 2012-03-31 21:12:16 UTC
I wonder how many law enforcement professionals there are playing EVE, I know of at least one that I was in corp with when I started the game. He wasn't a goody goody in game but was a police officer in RL.

I'm sure there are a few more out there who don't act like paragons of virtue in game. I like to think that there are enough of us that can separate actions in game to those out of game, the OP doesn't seem to be able to make that distinction.

Unified Church of the Unobligated - madness in the method Mamma didn't raise no victims.

Alara IonStorm
#68 - 2012-03-31 21:14:58 UTC
Virgil Travis wrote:
I wonder how many law enforcement professionals there are playing EVE, I know of at least one that I was in corp with when I started the game. He wasn't a goody goody in game but was a police officer in RL.

I'm sure there are a few more out there who don't act like paragons of virtue in game. I like to think that there are enough of us that can separate actions in game to those out of game, the OP doesn't seem to be able to make that distinction.

I blew up a civilian station to complete a mission.

I drink alone and cry now.

300000 Dead. Why did I decide to Mission Run like a Monster. I just wanted to defend the Caldari State. Cry
Lapine Davion
Outer Ring Applied Logistics
#69 - 2012-03-31 21:15:36 UTC
Aylleen wrote:
Alara IonStorm wrote:
[quote=Aylleen]
Makes me wonder where all these Sociopaths I keep hearing about are?

There are at least ten thousand of them... You know, they managed to elect the CSM chair.

"heh"

OP, you sound mad. Are you mad?

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]

Lapine Davion
#70 - 2012-03-31 21:17:01 UTC
RougeOperator wrote:
Justa Altlol wrote:
RougeOperator wrote:
Justa Altlol wrote:
RougeOperator wrote:

Hmmmmm food for thought.

Its criminal logic.

Lucky for us thinking isn't a crime, yet.

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]

Xander Riggs
Slamtown Federation
#71 - 2012-03-31 21:18:18 UTC
Alara IonStorm wrote:
Virgil Travis wrote:

300000 Dead. Why did I decide to Mission Run like a Monster. I just wanted to defend the Caldari State. Cry

With every battleship I destroy, I send at least 500 men to the void. These hands are the hands of a killer.

"A man with a drone-boat has nothing but time on his hands."

Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#72 - 2012-03-31 21:25:17 UTC
Aylleen wrote:

There is no place for those like me that would like to create a better future by engaging in law-abiding activities. If EVE were really a sandbox, we "carebears" would have tools at our disposal to seek, promote, and even enforce our way of life against the brigands pounding at our doors.

you do, they're called guns
Karim alRashid
Starboard.
#73 - 2012-03-31 21:46:16 UTC
OP must be a Sony customer.

Pain is weakness leaving the body http://www.youtube.com/user/AlRashidKarim/videos

Ai Shun
#74 - 2012-03-31 22:29:33 UTC
Aylleen wrote:
There is no place for those like me that would like to create a better future by engaging in law-abiding activities. If EVE were really a sandbox, we "carebears" would have tools at our disposal to seek, promote, and even enforce our way of life against the brigands pounding at our doors.

How do people normally deal with brigands? You can do the same in EVE Online. But it means you need to meet their force with your own and you can do that through a few different mechanisms.
Virgil Travis
#75 - 2012-03-31 23:51:11 UTC
Alara IonStorm wrote:
Virgil Travis wrote:

You, madam, are a terrible person, you should be ashamed.

Unified Church of the Unobligated - madness in the method Mamma didn't raise no victims.

Virgil Travis
#76 - 2012-03-31 23:53:10 UTC
Lapine Davion wrote:
RougeOperator wrote:

RougeOperator has a clean slate there, even if it is outlawed.

Karim alRashid
Starboard.
#77 - 2012-03-31 23:57:43 UTC
Virgil Travis wrote:
Lapine Davion wrote:
RougeOperator wrote:

RougeOperator has a clean slate there, even if it is outlawed.

+1, dear Sir.

Jon Archqus
Doomheim
#78 - 2012-04-01 00:51:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Jon Archqus
Aylleen wrote:
The mechanics of the so-called EVE's sandbox has created a pervasive gaming culture where every foul behavior normally not condoned in the real world- short of breaking the EULA/TOS - is allowed, even encouraged. Griefing, ganking, bashing, lying, cheating, killing, mass-murdering. That's the brigand mindset that EVE has created.

"EVE is Real", advertises CCP. Recently we found out that it's actually true. We saw that a supposedly normal, decent person cannot keep separate mindsets -one good, another bad. Forcefully the bad one will prevail, and illegal acts may be perpetrated. We also saw that not even CCP is able to make a judgement call based upon the laws of the country. CCP has been promoted as the ultimate court instance and law upholder. A 30-day ban is the ultimate punishment for an illegal act commited. A private apology and monetary compensation - made virtually using in-game tools - is substitute for a real-world hearing in front of a flesh-and-bones judge.

Everyone is lacking a moral compass, including EVE's sandbox.

Yes, EVE is all about brigands. Those who excel in the art of being a bad criminal are glorified, promoted, and politically supported. This is an important factor to explain why EVE - after almost 10 years after launch - remains a niche game. It's a cult, a sect, a religion of a minority who mostly seek an outlet to nurture their bad side.

A brigand game - what would you expect from Icelanders descended from Vikings?

You are what is ruining this game. There is nothing wrong with carebearing, mining or what ever.. There is however something wrong with people like you whom seem to feel entitled to play this game risk free.

This is a PVP game.. Much of PVP is non consensual and it covers broad aspects of this game in many flavors. EVE's golden rule is you are safe no where and never fly what you can't afford to lose.

Don't want to lose your 3 billion isk pimped out mission Tengu? Well don't undock it or don't complain it you are not prepared and you lose it because you failed to take proper precautions, thinking you should be safe in high sec.

Don't like the Rules of EVE? Go play WoW.
Nephilius
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#79 - 2012-04-01 00:55:46 UTC
Eve is no sandbox. It's more a kitty litter box.
"If."
Lapine Davion
#80 - 2012-04-01 01:17:23 UTC
Nephilius wrote:
Eve is no sandbox. It's more a kitty litter box.

Did you ever have a sandbox when you were a kid? Cats **** in those all the time.