These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE - The Brigand Sandbox

Author
Justa Altlol
Doomheim
#41 - 2012-03-31 20:13:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Justa Altlol
RougeOperator wrote:

"She was totally asking for it. Look how she was dressed."

Hmmmmm food for thought.

Eve isn't real. Food for thought.
Karim alRashid
Starboard.
#42 - 2012-03-31 20:19:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Karim alRashid
Aylleen wrote:
Nariya Kentaya wrote:

seriosuly, so much butthurt, if you knowingly go into a abd part of town where people just got robbed and murdered,a dn you egt jumped in an ally, dont whine to the cops that they should work harder, you did soemthing that put yourself in danger. and i know for a FACT that if you give them a chance, any car dealer in the WORLD would trya dn screw you oevr for a few extra bucks, its called BUSINESS.

So it's the victim's fault? Yours is the argument of a criminal.

Get the frack out. Whoever loses in a chess, soccer or EvE is not a victim and whoever wins is not a criminal. It's a fukken GAME!

Pain is weakness leaving the body http://www.youtube.com/user/AlRashidKarim/videos

Alara IonStorm
#43 - 2012-03-31 20:19:17 UTC
Aylleen wrote:

Damn Straight.

It is their fault if they walk into a PvP area. It is their fault if they click accept on a contract without reading it. It is their fault if they transfer money with expectations of getting it back. It is their fault if they don't tank their ships.

Know why, because attacks on other players aren't crimes they are opposition game mechanics for an open PvP game.

Karim alRashid wrote:
and one trit ?

That unit of Trit got me through some rough times.
RougeOperator
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#44 - 2012-03-31 20:19:57 UTC
Justa Altlol wrote:
RougeOperator wrote:

Hmmmmm food for thought.

Pointing out the flaw in the logic being used.

Its criminal logic.

**Space wizards are real, they can make 10058 votes vanish. "and for a moment i hurd 10k goons cry out, then silence" **

RougeOperator
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#45 - 2012-03-31 20:21:28 UTC
Alara IonStorm wrote:
Aylleen wrote:

Damn Straight.

It is their fault if they walk into a PvP area. It is their fault if they click accept on a contract without reading it. It is their fault if they transfer money with expectations of getting it back. It is their fault if they don't tank their ships.

Know why, because attacks on other players aren't crimes they are opposition game mechanics for an open PvP game.

Karim alRashid wrote:
and one trit ?

"
It is their fault if they walk into a PvP area.
"

So getting ganked in high sec?

**Space wizards are real, they can make 10058 votes vanish. "and for a moment i hurd 10k goons cry out, then silence" **

Xander Riggs
Slamtown Federation
#46 - 2012-03-31 20:23:41 UTC
RougeOperator wrote:
Alara IonStorm wrote:
Aylleen wrote:

Damn Straight.

Karim alRashid wrote:
and one trit ?

"
"

All of Eve is a PVP area. You sign that contract every time you undock. Some areas are safer than others, but no areas are SAFE. The universe is a dangerous place, indicative of the riches waiting for those who brave those dangers.

"A man with a drone-boat has nothing but time on his hands."

Alara IonStorm
#47 - 2012-03-31 20:24:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Alara IonStorm
RougeOperator wrote:
Alara IonStorm wrote:

"
"

Part you are looking for is bolded.

Though to be fair I think more base stats and fitting potential for Industrials, Barges and Exhumers would not be a bad thing.
Xander Riggs
Slamtown Federation
#48 - 2012-03-31 20:26:05 UTC
Alara IonStorm wrote:
RougeOperator wrote:
Alara IonStorm wrote:

"
"

Though to be fair I think more base stats and fitting potential for Industrials, Barges and Exhumers would not be a bad thing.

Perhaps innate hull resists? To reflect the industrial work being done inside?

Indahmawar Fazmarai
#49 - 2012-03-31 20:27:08 UTC
Rico Minali wrote:
Everyone has exactly the same tools at their disposal, its what you do with them that counts.

HAH!

And I mean "HAH, what a piece of a shameless lie!"

The tools (mechanics) detemine what you can and you can't do.

And, FAI, you can't punish crime in EVE Online, which certainly explains why there are so many criminals around New Eden.

Let's say that someone scams 80 billion ISK out of you. Want to punish him? The game provides no way to harm him as much as he hurt you, so your best chance is to identify him IRL, and then pay him a visit with some brass knuckles... Roll
Richard Aiel
The Merchants of War
#50 - 2012-03-31 20:27:48 UTC
Justa Altlol wrote:
RougeOperator wrote:

Hmmmmm food for thought.

bullshit, EVE is real. Said so on the web page

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r188/buddahcjcc/SOA-3-2.jpg

Marduk Nibiru
Chaos Delivery Systems
#51 - 2012-03-31 20:28:59 UTC
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:

Let's say that someone scams 80 billion ISK out of you.

Then you're an idiot and you probably deserved it since you likely thought you were the one doing the scamming.

All scams work the same way: the greed of the target.
RougeOperator
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#52 - 2012-03-31 20:30:39 UTC
Xander Riggs wrote:
Alara IonStorm wrote:
RougeOperator wrote:
Alara IonStorm wrote:

"
"

That sounds interesting, some hull res stats just for industrial class ships?

Fluff could have it be that they are built to hold hazardous stuff and what not so have stronger internals.

Richard Aiel
The Merchants of War
#53 - 2012-03-31 20:31:39 UTC

Let's say that someone scams 80 billion ISK out of you. Want to punish him? The game provides no way to harm him as much as he hurt you, so your best chance is to identify him IRL, and then pay him a visit with some brass knuckles... Roll

seems to be what the Mittens supporters are saying with the "this isnt important" talk.
Whats next podding IRL and collecting corpses?

Yeah, guess that wouldnt be a big deal either

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r188/buddahcjcc/SOA-3-2.jpg

Alara IonStorm
#54 - 2012-03-31 20:32:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Alara IonStorm
Xander Riggs wrote:

I am thinking more along the line of 200+ Grid for LSE and 800mm Plates, Cruiser level HP for Mining Barges an Industrials which have Low Shield and Armor and 3-4 Mid Slots for Mining Barges.

General Boost more to tanking potential then then just base tank. If people still fly them around unfit after they have the grid, slots and base stats to support a real tank then well I don't know maybe a special server with crayons in the CQ or somethin. Straight
Karim alRashid
Starboard.
#55 - 2012-03-31 20:33:27 UTC

And, FAI, you can't punish crime in EVE Online, which certainly explains why there are so many criminals around New Eden.

Let's say that someone scams 80 billion ISK out of you

What crime? Scamming is not a crime. Scam him back.

Pain is weakness leaving the body http://www.youtube.com/user/AlRashidKarim/videos

Xander Riggs
Slamtown Federation
#56 - 2012-03-31 20:34:26 UTC
RougeOperator wrote:
Xander Riggs wrote:
Alara IonStorm wrote:
RougeOperator wrote:
Alara IonStorm wrote:

"
"

That sounds interesting, some hull res stats just for industrial class ships?

Fluff could have it be that they are built to hold hazardous stuff and what not so have stronger internals.

That's be my thinking; the venting gases on mining barges leads me to think they've got forges and proessing facilities already inside to make transport easier, so they would need to be able to take the temperatures associated; some ores when crushed to powder are flammable, and in confined spaces could explode, so they'd need explosive resistance... Lots of reasons the hull on industrial ships could be built tougher.

Xander Riggs
Slamtown Federation
#57 - 2012-03-31 20:35:47 UTC
Richard Aiel wrote:

seems to be what the Mittens supporters are saying with the "this isnt important" talk.

Well, if we ARE podding IRL, that implies we have pods, which implies we're immortal, so actually, no, that wouldn't be nearly as bad as it seems.

Justa Altlol
Doomheim
#58 - 2012-03-31 20:45:26 UTC
RougeOperator wrote:
Justa Altlol wrote:
RougeOperator wrote:

Hmmmmm food for thought.

Its criminal logic.

Thinking things that happen in imaginary internet spaceship land are criminal. It's nutjob logic.
Karim alRashid
Starboard.
#59 - 2012-03-31 20:47:05 UTC
Xander Riggs wrote:
Richard Aiel wrote:

Well, if we ARE podding IRL, that implies we have pods, which implies we're immortal, so actually, no, that wouldn't be nearly as bad as it seems.

Plus, we ARE collecting corpses.

Alara IonStorm
#60 - 2012-03-31 20:49:00 UTC
Justa Altlol wrote:
RougeOperator wrote:

Its criminal logic.

Thinking things that happen in imaginary internet spaceship land are criminal. It's nutjob logic.

It is talk like this that will get you dragged before the House Un-American Activities Committee I mean the CSM Video-Game Criminal Logic Committee.