These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Eve Radio Midnight Tonight: This week in review, with Trebor, Seleene, Two Step and... The Mittani

First post
Author
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#241 - 2012-04-01 05:36:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Doc Fury
Frederick Sanger wrote:
Doc Fury wrote:


For a "cyber bulling" legal action perhaps. But you and your ilk keep saying that's not what happened here at all, and I agree. incitement to suicide however, applies to any age. There are cases being tried in the US right now.


Incitement of suicide of a middle-aged adult over video games? Seriously. The look on that judge's face would be priceless.

Doc Fury wrote:

Frederick Sanger wrote:

Your absurd rationality for utilizing Mitten's real name is not in anyway appropriate.


I can only quote your dear leader here: ~deal with it~


I should quote you EULA / TOS that shows where you are clearly in the wrong but I'd rather say that I sincerely hope you truly do deal with it and get some professional help.


Does not matter if it is a video game, an online chat site, or a message board, or just someone being drunk and stupid at the pub. The venue is irrelevant if incitement occurs.

In RE: EULA/TOS, quote away Sparky.

CCP requires that all CSM delegates release their real names as a condition of serving and their real names are an integrated part of CCP's official (Eve Gate Wiki) web site. Here, let me link it for you:

http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Members_of_the_sixth_CSM

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Sobach
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#242 - 2012-04-01 05:38:26 UTC
RougeOperator wrote:
Yeah the judge would be horrified someone would do such a thing and lock the person up for a number of years. While thier assets are civilly actioned against to pay the victims families.


TBH, the chance of something like this makes it past preliminary hearing, much less into a trial, is probably about as high as my chance of hitting that $640mil lottery.



and I didn't win the lottery :P
Frying Doom
#243 - 2012-04-01 05:43:07 UTC
Doc Fury wrote:

CCP should really change that page. They have him listed as chairman, he resigned.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Vertisce Soritenshi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#244 - 2012-04-01 05:45:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Vertisce Soritenshi
Frederick Sanger wrote:
If you really think this is in anyway actionable on any shore you need to immediately get your law degree refunded. The context in which this situation occurred and the surrounding frivolity make it too ridiculous to ever consider. He clearly tried to have the man killed. Why isn't he in prison? Roll


Again with Mitten's real name. You're clearly not obsessed and fixated at all.

You clearly have no clue what you are talking about. People are thrown in prison all the time for making threats on peoples lives in chat rooms. This is no different.

The ignorance of you and people like you, primarily in your alliance, is astounding.

Bounties for all! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2279821#post2279821

JamesCLK
#245 - 2012-04-01 05:47:44 UTC  |  Edited by: JamesCLK
Doc Fury wrote:

I should quote you EULA / TOS that shows where you are clearly in the wrong but I'd rather say that I sincerely hope you truly do deal with it and get some professional help.

Does not matter if it is a video game, an online chat site, or a message board, or just someone being drunk and stupid at the pub. The venue is irrelevant if incitement occurs.

In RE: EULA/TOS, quote away Sparky.

CCP requires that all CSM delegates release their real names as a condition of serving and their real names are an integrated part of CCP's official (Eve Gate Wiki) web site. Here, let me link it for you:

http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Members_of_the_sixth_CSM


CCP can also change that from public to private if they feel like it; infact I'm pretty sure the CSM will be bringing that whole thing up internally in the near future.

-- -.-- / -.-. .-.. --- -. . / .. ... / - --- --- / . -..- .--. . -. ... .. ...- . / - --- / ..- -. -.. --- -.-. -.- / ... - --- .--. / .--. .-.. . .- ... . / ... . -. -.. / .... . .-.. .--. / ... - --- .--.

Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#246 - 2012-04-01 05:52:59 UTC
JamesCLK wrote:
Doc Fury wrote:

I should quote you EULA / TOS that shows where you are clearly in the wrong but I'd rather say that I sincerely hope you truly do deal with it and get some professional help.

Does not matter if it is a video game, an online chat site, or a message board, or just someone being drunk and stupid at the pub. The venue is irrelevant if incitement occurs.

In RE: EULA/TOS, quote away Sparky.

CCP requires that all CSM delegates release their real names as a condition of serving and their real names are an integrated part of CCP's official (Eve Gate Wiki) web site. Here, let me link it for you:

http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Members_of_the_sixth_CSM


CCP can also change that from public to private if they feel like it; infact I'm pretty sure the CSM will be bringing that whole thing up internally in the near future.


If, or when CCP actually does that we can all revisit the argument then.




There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Frederick Sanger
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#247 - 2012-04-01 05:55:46 UTC
RougeOperator wrote:

Yeah the judge would be horrified someone would do such a thing and lock the person up for a number of years. While thier assets are civilly actioned against to pay the victims families.


I doubt you know many judges.

Doc Fury wrote:

Does not matter if it is a video game, an online chat site, or a message board, or just someone being drunk and stupid at the pub. The venue is irrelevant if incitement occurs.


The context is profoundly relevant as is the manner in which is conveyed though the means is irrelevant.

Champ wrote:

In RE: EULA/TOS, quote away Sparky.

CCP requires that all CSM delegates release their real names as a condition of serving and their real names are an integrated part of CCP's official (Eve Gate) web site. Here, let me link it for you:


Now Chief, you may or may not have heard but he stepped down from his position on CSM7 and CSM6 is officially over as of Friday, so your argument has no actual merit and is instead a pathetic contrivance that you use to continue your obsessive harassment of Mittens.
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#248 - 2012-04-01 06:08:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Doc Fury
Frederick Sanger wrote:
RougeOperator wrote:

Yeah the judge would be horrified someone would do such a thing and lock the person up for a number of years. While thier assets are civilly actioned against to pay the victims families.


I doubt you know many judges.

Doc Fury wrote:

Does not matter if it is a video game, an online chat site, or a message board, or just someone being drunk and stupid at the pub. The venue is irrelevant if incitement occurs.


The context is profoundly relevant as is the manner in which is conveyed though the means is irrelevant.

Champ wrote:

In RE: EULA/TOS, quote away Sparky.

CCP requires that all CSM delegates release their real names as a condition of serving and their real names are an integrated part of CCP's official (Eve Gate) web site. Here, let me link it for you:


Now Chief, you may or may not have heard but he stepped down from his position on CSM7 and CSM6 is officially over as of Friday, so your argument has no actual merit and is instead a pathetic contrivance that you use to continue your obsessive harassment of Mittens.


A real life person named "mittens" did not suggest that a few thousand players in a public venue (streamed over the internet) harass a EVE player to suicide. A public, then-elected member and then active Chairman of CSM 6 did this, and his name was Alexander Gianturco. This is not debatable because it is a fact. Trying to dehumanize his despicable actions by referring to him only via a cuddly pseudonym serves only to diminish his personal culpability and serve your own agenda.

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Frederick Sanger
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#249 - 2012-04-01 06:14:52 UTC
Vertisce Soritenshi wrote:

You clearly have no clue what you are talking about. People are thrown in prison all the time for making threats on peoples lives in chat rooms. This is no different.

The ignorance of you and people like you, primarily in your alliance, is astounding.


He certainly didn't threaten his life. He used an unfortunate internet turn-of-phrase. This is unlike the actual threat that was made against the Mittiani and his family after his address was released. Though I noticed a distinct lack of outrage at that.
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#250 - 2012-04-01 06:18:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Doc Fury
Frederick Sanger wrote:
This is unlike the actual threat that was made against the Mittiani and his family after his address was released. Though I noticed a distinct lack of outrage at that.



Not to belittle what could potentially be a very serious issue, but did Alex actually report these alleged threats to law enforcement and CCP as well? You seem to be claiming direct knowledge in this matter.

If not, such matters have no place being discussed or disclosed here for obvious reasons.

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Frying Doom
#251 - 2012-04-01 06:21:42 UTC
Frederick Sanger wrote:
Vertisce Soritenshi wrote:

You clearly have no clue what you are talking about. People are thrown in prison all the time for making threats on peoples lives in chat rooms. This is no different.

The ignorance of you and people like you, primarily in your alliance, is astounding.


He certainly didn't threaten his life. He used an unfortunate internet turn-of-phrase. This is unlike the actual threat that was made against the Mittiani and his family after his address was released. Though I noticed a distinct lack of outrage at that.

The "turn-of-phrase" must be some thing from where he lives, because personally I don't know any where you can say things like that.

As to the threats he got personally the people involved should be arrested and imprisoned. This is a game no one should have to worry about their lives or families because of it.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#252 - 2012-04-01 06:22:59 UTC
I personally look forward to Brendon changing all references to Alex from cyber bully to fuckin' moron. Anything less would be a disservice.

Mr Epeen Cool
Frederick Sanger
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#253 - 2012-04-01 06:25:32 UTC
Doc Fury wrote:

Not to belittle what could potentially be a very serious issue, but did Alex actually report these alleged threats to law enforcement and CCP as well since you seem to be claiming direct knowledge in this matter ?

If not, such matters have no place being discussed or disclosed here for obvious reasons.


Why shouldn't they be discussed here? That's why you continue to use his full name every time you mention him, right?

RougeOperator
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#254 - 2012-04-01 06:27:19 UTC
Frederick Sanger wrote:
Vertisce Soritenshi wrote:

You clearly have no clue what you are talking about. People are thrown in prison all the time for making threats on peoples lives in chat rooms. This is no different.

The ignorance of you and people like you, primarily in your alliance, is astounding.


He certainly didn't threaten his life. He used an unfortunate internet turn-of-phrase. This is unlike the actual threat that was made against the Mittiani and his family after his address was released. Though I noticed a distinct lack of outrage at that.



Just and out right lie right there.

**Space wizards are real, they can make 10058 votes vanish. "and for a moment i hurd 10k goons cry out, then silence" **

Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#255 - 2012-04-01 06:30:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Doc Fury
Frederick Sanger wrote:
Doc Fury wrote:

Not to belittle what could potentially be a very serious issue, but did Alex actually report these alleged threats to law enforcement and CCP as well since you seem to be claiming direct knowledge in this matter ?

If not, such matters have no place being discussed or disclosed here for obvious reasons.


Why shouldn't they be discussed here? That's why you continue to use his full name every time you mention him, right?



Because to discuss it here, if it has not been reported to law enforcement yet, could interfere with any investigation by law enforcement and later, CCP.. You seemed to speak from authority, so I asked.

But do keep trying to make this all about me. After only 8 days posting as a servile goonine they just have to give you your bee wings right?

/see what I did there?

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Revolution Rising
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#256 - 2012-04-01 06:42:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Revolution Rising
Frederick Sanger wrote:
Vertisce Soritenshi wrote:

You clearly have no clue what you are talking about. People are thrown in prison all the time for making threats on peoples lives in chat rooms. This is no different.

The ignorance of you and people like you, primarily in your alliance, is astounding.


He certainly didn't threaten his life. He used an unfortunate internet turn-of-phrase. This is unlike the actual threat that was made against the Mittiani and his family after his address was released. Though I noticed a distinct lack of outrage at that.


"The internet threat isn't like the actual threat" won't stand up in court sorry dude.

And the difference between the two, is that one was brought on him by himself, the other was brought on someone else, by him.

Let me ask you this - did they threaten him over the internets? I guess that's not like an actual threat then. Amirite ?

.

Lapine Davion
Outer Ring Applied Logistics
#257 - 2012-04-01 06:46:55 UTC
RougeOperator wrote:
Frederick Sanger wrote:
Vertisce Soritenshi wrote:

You clearly have no clue what you are talking about. People are thrown in prison all the time for making threats on peoples lives in chat rooms. This is no different.

The ignorance of you and people like you, primarily in your alliance, is astounding.


He certainly didn't threaten his life. He used an unfortunate internet turn-of-phrase. This is unlike the actual threat that was made against the Mittiani and his family after his address was released. Though I noticed a distinct lack of outrage at that.



Just and out right lie right there.


How about you pump your brakes and tell us which part is the lie?

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]

Frederick Sanger
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#258 - 2012-04-01 06:46:55 UTC
Doc Fury wrote:

Because to discuss it, if it has not been reported to law enforcement yet, could interfere with any investigation by law enforcement and later, CCP.. You seemed to speak from authority, so I asked.

No one on this forum is acting in any legal capacity. I'm certainly not.


Doc Fury wrote:

But do keep trying to make this all about me.
/see what I did there?

In many ways, it is about you. Your constant usage of the man's full name and your bizarre rationality in doing so even after threats against his family were made. I'm just fascinated with your clearly unhealthy obsession with a person you don't even really know.

Doc Fury wrote:
After only 8 days posting as a servile goonine they just have to give you your bee wings right?

They don't just give us our wings; we earn them. By paying $10.
Lapine Davion
Outer Ring Applied Logistics
#259 - 2012-04-01 06:48:06 UTC
Revolution Rising wrote:
Frederick Sanger wrote:
Vertisce Soritenshi wrote:

You clearly have no clue what you are talking about. People are thrown in prison all the time for making threats on peoples lives in chat rooms. This is no different.

The ignorance of you and people like you, primarily in your alliance, is astounding.


He certainly didn't threaten his life. He used an unfortunate internet turn-of-phrase. This is unlike the actual threat that was made against the Mittiani and his family after his address was released. Though I noticed a distinct lack of outrage at that.


"The internet threat isn't like the actual threat" won't stand up in court sorry dude.

And the difference between the two, is that one was brought on him by himself, the other was brought on someone else, by him.

Let me ask you this - did they threaten him over the internets? I guess that's not like an actual threat then. Amirite ?


So basically what you are saying is that Mittani was asking for these death threats because of the way he plays a video game. Gotcha.

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]

Revolution Rising
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#260 - 2012-04-01 06:50:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Revolution Rising
Lapine Davion wrote:
Revolution Rising wrote:

"The internet threat isn't like the actual threat" won't stand up in court sorry dude.

And the difference between the two, is that one was brought on him by himself, the other was brought on someone else, by him.

Let me ask you this - did they threaten him over the internets? I guess that's not like an actual threat then. Amirite ?


So basically what you are saying is that Mittani was asking for these death threats because of the way he plays a video game. Gotcha.


How is it any different?

You say a threat someone makes on the internet isn't a REAL threat.

Then go on about threats made on the internet to mittani.

The only difference is it was done to your baby mittani.

WTF?!?!? You call this logic ?

You wonder why you're all tarred with the same brush. This **** is why.

You contradict yourself IN THE SAME POST and expect me to buy ?!?

.