These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP can I and the other 10000+ accounts who voted

First post
Author
Amity Lane
Lane Family Shell Corp
#41 - 2012-03-29 05:23:53 UTC
Poetic Stanziel wrote:
That is, of course, what will happen. That's the completely valid and logical route for CCP to take. Now, if the entire new CSM were to resign, then that changes the options for CCP.

It's an interesting prospect. I doubt that re-running the election would be 100% free from CCP's standpoint (it will at the very least cost a few man-hours), but it's a thought.

This of course hinges on 13 e-Politicians being able to 1. Unanimously agree on something and 2. Have that agreement be to give up their own position and hope they can repeat their election success...a prospect that seems daunting if not impossible.

It does kind of undermine the whole concept though. "Well, we don't like the rules in place for replacing a lost member so we're just all gonna quit and make you do it over".

I don't know. We'll see how it plays out, I guess.
YuuKnow
The Scope
#42 - 2012-03-29 05:29:35 UTC
I give this thread

1/10
Aiden Andraste
State War Academy
Caldari State
#43 - 2012-03-29 05:31:56 UTC
Amity Lane wrote:
Poetic Stanziel wrote:
That is, of course, what will happen. That's the completely valid and logical route for CCP to take. Now, if the entire new CSM were to resign, then that changes the options for CCP.

It's an interesting prospect. I doubt that re-running the election would be 100% free from CCP's standpoint (it will at the very least cost a few man-hours), but it's a thought.

This of course hinges on 13 e-Politicians being able to 1. Unanimously agree on something and 2. Have that agreement be to give up their own position and hope they can repeat their election success...a prospect that seems daunting if not impossible.

It does kind of undermine the whole concept though. "Well, we don't like the rules in place for replacing a lost member so we're just all gonna quit and make you do it over".

So when I say it, I'm bad at logic and should go away. But when Poetic writes a blog about it, its suddenly a good idea? ::psyexplode::
RougeOperator
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#44 - 2012-03-29 05:33:15 UTC
Amity Lane wrote:
Poetic Stanziel wrote:

They are acting like whiny babies.

and for a moment i hurd 10k goons cry out, then silence

**Space wizards are real, they can make 10058 votes vanish. "and for a moment i hurd 10k goons cry out, then silence" **

Macon Chalaise
VNM Biological Survey Corps
#45 - 2012-03-29 05:33:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Macon Chalaise
Amity Lane wrote:
Poetic Stanziel wrote:

There is no reason to have a new election just because one person chose to be silly in a venue that had nothing at all to do with the CSM directly or other elected members of the CSM.

That would be like bill clinton's presidential cabinet resigning because monica lewinsky was blowing clinton under his desk.

They simply aren't that related.Pirate

Here's to fire. Not the fast and furious kind that burns down shacks and shanties, but the slow, seductive kind that takes down pants and panties - Irish Toast

Poetic Stanziel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#46 - 2012-03-29 05:35:05 UTC
Aiden Andraste wrote:
So when I say it, I'm bad at logic and should go away. But when Poetic writes a blog about it, its suddenly a good idea? ::psyexplode::
Maybe I should have run for the CSM. Haha. :)
Poetic Stanziel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#47 - 2012-03-29 05:37:28 UTC
Macon Chalaise wrote:
They simply aren't that related.Pirate
You are correct. POTUS and the CSM Chair are nothing at all alike. Drawing parallels is silly.
Aiden Andraste
State War Academy
Caldari State
#48 - 2012-03-29 05:38:22 UTC
Poetic Stanziel wrote:
Aiden Andraste wrote:
Maybe I should have run for the CSM. Haha. :)

Well, with the relevancy of the CSM freshly tossed down the shitter, why the hell not? If you campaign on the promise to make even more mockery of the CSM, you have my vote.
Davor
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#49 - 2012-03-29 05:39:19 UTC
Serene Repose wrote:
Why? You didn't have to waste the vote like you did.

*voted for darious iii
Amity Lane
Lane Family Shell Corp
#50 - 2012-03-29 05:47:31 UTC
Aiden Andraste wrote:
Amity Lane wrote:
Poetic Stanziel wrote:

Please show me where I said it was a good idea.

In fact, if anything I think the tone of my post would suggest the opposite, though I was trying to be objective about the idea.
Florestan Bronstein
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#51 - 2012-03-29 05:48:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Florestan Bronstein
Poetic Stanziel wrote:
]That is, of course, what will happen. That's the completely valid and logical route for CCP to take. Now, if the entire new CSM were to resign, then that changes the options for CCP.

If the entire CSM were to resign only Issler Dainze would remain... I don't think anybody would want to risk this.

Anyways there have been enough precedents for votes not getting reimbursed - Ankh who got kicked from he CSM mid term and Kalrand who withdrew his candidacy during the election (after the polls had opened) come to mind.

putting 10,000 vote into one basket instead of going for 2-3 candidates was always very risky and tbh I don't quite understand the reasons - maybe the eve public and CCP would not have reacted well to a CSM with 3 goonswarm delegates, maybe it was intended to be a show of force, maybe just a terrible misjudgment rgd the number of votes required to get chairman.

But I'm sure it will be entertaining to have the legitimacy of the CSM questioned for its entire term.
Aiden Andraste
State War Academy
Caldari State
#52 - 2012-03-29 06:00:58 UTC
Florestan Bronstein wrote:
If the entire CSM were to resign only Issler Dainze would remain... I don't think anybody would want to risk this.

Anyways there have been enough precedents for votes not getting reimbursed - Ankh who got kicked from he CSM mid term and Kalrand who withdrew his candidacy during the election (after the polls had opened) come to mind.

putting 10,000 vote into one basket instead of going for 2-3 candidates was always very risky and tbh I don't quite understand the reasons - maybe the eve public and CCP would not have reacted well to a CSM with 3 goonswarm delegates, maybe it was intended to be a show of force, maybe just a terrible misjudgment rgd the number of votes required to get chairman.

But I'm sure it will be entertaining to have the legitimacy of the CSM questioned for its entire term.

It's not like anyone on the current CSM is going to interact or care about what Issler has to say anyways. Her and D3 are those two people in a room of friends that just want to fit in.

You say that csm legitimacy will be questioned, and I say it's already questioned. The question is out there and it's up to CCP and the CSM to decide how to address it. If they try to sweep it away and ignore it, no one will take the CSM seriously again.
Lapine Davion
Outer Ring Applied Logistics
#53 - 2012-03-29 06:08:28 UTC
RougeOperator wrote:
MotherMoon wrote:
Again, note the man him self agrees with CCP, and yet, his loyal fans won't wake up to the fact that he doesn't want them fighting for him.

You should listen to the recording where he says yeah im sincere and sorry. Lets test the waters, oh and keep shitposting on the forums guys.

Yeah....

tbh we were gonna keep shitposting anyways.

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]

EI Digin
irc.zulusquad.org
#54 - 2012-03-29 06:08:47 UTC
goons arent people
Duvida
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#55 - 2012-03-29 06:10:24 UTC
Macon Chalaise wrote:
Sverige Pahis wrote:
have our votes back please tia

Why?

Nixon was the peoples choice here in the US.

He resigned. No one was disenfranchised. There was no "re-vote."

True story.Blink

As well as Grey Davis in California in 2003, although that was a recall vote (for those wondering, that's when Arnold Schwarzenegger was voted in as Governor). Sometimes a leader shows that they can not fulfill the responsibilities of office in a satisfactory way, thus methods are provided to remove them and allow a more worthy successor in.
Aiden Andraste
State War Academy
Caldari State
#56 - 2012-03-29 06:10:50 UTC
EI Digin wrote:
goons arent people

10000 votes are meaningless
Lexmana
#57 - 2012-03-29 06:11:08 UTC
This CSM has no mandate. It will be the worst CSM ever.
Kiwi Momaki
Doomheim
#58 - 2012-03-29 06:13:12 UTC
Obviously 10000 voters got it wrong the first time,... Suck it up.
Aiden Andraste
State War Academy
Caldari State
#59 - 2012-03-29 06:13:36 UTC
Lexmana wrote:

Free tickets to iceland and irrelevancy. Great job CCP.
RougeOperator
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#60 - 2012-03-29 06:24:45 UTC
Aiden Andraste wrote:
Lexmana wrote:

Free tickets to iceland and irrelevancy. Great job CCP.

HTFU space babies.

**Space wizards are real, they can make 10058 votes vanish. "and for a moment i hurd 10k goons cry out, then silence" **