These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP can I and the other 10000+ accounts who voted

First post
Author
RougeOperator
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#21 - 2012-03-29 04:27:54 UTC
MotherMoon wrote:
Again, note the man him self agrees with CCP, and yet, his loyal fans won't wake up to the fact that he doesn't want them fighting for him.

You should listen to the recording where he says yeah im sincere and sorry. Lets test the waters, oh and keep shitposting on the forums guys.

Yeah....

**Space wizards are real, they can make 10058 votes vanish. "and for a moment i hurd 10k goons cry out, then silence" **

Radelix Cisko
JUMP DRIVE ACTIVE
#22 - 2012-03-29 04:28:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Radelix Cisko
Goon/Goon alt/goon friend tears....best tears

Also I await another threadnought

Despite my posting prowess I really am terrible at this game

Veshta Yoshida
PIE Inc.
Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris
#23 - 2012-03-29 04:29:48 UTC
Aiden Andraste wrote:
10000 opinions have been silenced. CCP needs to fix it or just scrap the CSM.

Average account number per person in null is 2.something[, assuming some plexed an extra for the election you are at best looking at just over 3k opinions ...

Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#24 - 2012-03-29 04:29:57 UTC
Tell that to the 100s of 1000s of Americans that voted Bush....twice

The Drake is a Lie

Amity Lane
Lane Family Shell Corp
#25 - 2012-03-29 04:31:24 UTC
MotherMoon wrote:
Again, note the man him self agrees with CCP (snip)

Debatable. In his little speech to his Alliance, he states that CCP has "thrown him under the bus".
MotherMoon
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#26 - 2012-03-29 04:33:36 UTC
RougeOperator wrote:
MotherMoon wrote:
Again, note the man him self agrees with CCP, and yet, his loyal fans won't wake up to the fact that he doesn't want them fighting for him.

You should listen to the recording where he says yeah im sincere and sorry. Lets test the waters, oh and keep shitposting on the forums guys.

Yeah....

Yeah and? He loves seeing the drama, but he knows what CCP is doing is right. He actually made up the plan to quit the CSM on his own. plus i bet he loves the attention. Love the guy by the way : ) and I'm confident this isn't the last time we see him on a stage talking to eve players.

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1206/scimi.jpg

Aiden Andraste
State War Academy
Caldari State
#27 - 2012-03-29 04:38:23 UTC
Amity Lane wrote:
MotherMoon wrote:

Debatable. In his little speech to his Alliance, he states that CCP has "thrown him under the bus".

The speech clearly illustrates that The Mittani is wounded that CCP would pin him to a cross just to make a statement of "SEE GUYS?! WE DONT CONDONE PEOPLE SAYING KILL YOURSELF!!!" to the rest of the world.

Regardless of this throwing under the bus being right or wrong, 10000 votes were also simultaneously tossed in the garbage can. Unless the 10000 votes are allowed to be recast, this means that we as players do not actually have an effect on the CSM and can be disregarded at any time when it is convenient for CCP to do so.

TLDR: CSM is a free ticket to iceland and irrelevant.
MotherMoon
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#28 - 2012-03-29 04:39:11 UTC  |  Edited by: MotherMoon
Amity Lane wrote:
MotherMoon wrote:

Right, because they did xD but he knows it had to be done. he doesn't blame them for ti, he blames the booze.

CCP really came down hard, but he was expected it once he saw what he said. He knew was he would of done if he was in thier position. And it's mostly a PR thing.

edit: ahhh, what the heck, I'm down for the recount. just like the 10,000 place their bets for the new head of the CSM. that's fair.

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1206/scimi.jpg

Amity Lane
Lane Family Shell Corp
#29 - 2012-03-29 04:48:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Amity Lane
Aiden Andraste wrote:
Amity Lane wrote:
MotherMoon wrote:

The speech clearly illustrates that The Mittani is wounded that CCP would pin him to a cross just to make a statement of "SEE GUYS?! WE DONT CONDONE PEOPLE SAYING KILL YOURSELF!!!" to the rest of the world.

Regardless of this throwing under the bus being right or wrong, 10000 votes were also simultaneously tossed in the garbage can. Unless the 10000 votes are allowed to be recast, this means that we as players do not actually have an effect on the CSM and can be disregarded at any time when it is convenient for CCP to do so.

TLDR: CSM is a free ticket to iceland and irrelevant.

Ok. I'll give this one last go, but it's frustrating when you keep presenting logical arguments only for the person you're debating to essentially plug their ears and go "I refuse to listen, and will instead regurgitate my same flawed logic near-verbatim".

10,000+ votes were counted. Mittani won. That's why he had a position to be removed from. The voices were heard...that's how we know how many of them there were. They were counted, not "disregarded".

Mittani won the CSM7 election.Nobody is debating that.

His own conduct, however, led to his removal from that position. Post-election. He will now be replaced by an alternate, which is exactly why they're there in the first place.

TL;DR: You voted for someone who got themselves thrown out of office, and now have to live with the consequences of that choice.

Leaving this topic to other people to debate now, because after this I can't explain it any more clearly.
Mistress Lilu
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#30 - 2012-03-29 04:49:59 UTC
no.
move along
RougeOperator
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#31 - 2012-03-29 04:51:17 UTC
Amity Lane wrote:
MotherMoon wrote:

Hes full of double talk and double think. Not a shock.

**Space wizards are real, they can make 10058 votes vanish. "and for a moment i hurd 10k goons cry out, then silence" **

RougeOperator
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#32 - 2012-03-29 04:53:17 UTC
MotherMoon wrote:
Amity Lane wrote:
MotherMoon wrote:

Right, because they did xD but he knows it had to be done. he doesn't blame them for ti, he blames the booze.

CCP really came down hard, but he was expected it once he saw what he said. He knew was he would of done if he was in thier position. And it's mostly a PR thing.

edit: ahhh, what the heck, I'm down for the recount. just like the 10,000 place their bets for the new head of the CSM. that's fair.

A lot of out of game people im talking to think he got off light.

And after listening to his goonswarm speech. I kinda agree with them.

Still Im happy CCP took action so I bought some pelx and used some aurum even though im against the NEX store I gave them money for doing something right.

Aiden Andraste
State War Academy
Caldari State
#33 - 2012-03-29 04:59:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Aiden Andraste
Amity Lane wrote:
Ok. I'll give this one last go, but it's frustrating when you keep presenting logical arguments only for the person you're debating to essentially plug their ears and go "I refuse to listen, and will instead regurgitate my same flawed logic near-verbatim".

10,000+ votes were counted. Mittani won. That's why he had a position to be removed from. The voices were heard...that's how we know how many of them there were. They were counted, not "disregarded".

Mittani won the CSM7 election.Nobody is debating that.

His own conduct, however, led to his removal from that position. Post-election. He will now be replaced by an alternate, which is exactly why they're there in the first place.

TL;DR: You voted for someone who got themselves thrown out of office, and now have to live with the consequences of that choice.

Leaving this topic to other people to debate now, because after this I can't explain it any more clearly.

The important bit that you and everyone in this thread keeps missing is in your TLDR: You voted for someone who got themselves thrown out of office, and now have to live with the consequences of that choice.

I voted for someone who got thrown out, yes. I at the same time do not have to 'live with the consequences' as you put it. I can request for CCP to either reinstate Mittens as a regular member of the CSM, allow the 10000 to revote or have an entire redo of the CSM process. Your opinion is that I should just ~deal wit it~ and mine is that 10000 voices were silenced and the CSM is cheapened by it. We have different opinions. You deal with it.

EDIT: derped some grammar
Aiden Andraste
State War Academy
Caldari State
#34 - 2012-03-29 05:01:16 UTC
RougeOperator wrote:
Amity Lane wrote:
MotherMoon wrote:

Hes full of double talk and double think. Not a shock.

Easy to crucify a man from behind the anonymity of the internet. Get thrilled in a fire.
Poetic Stanziel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#35 - 2012-03-29 05:03:35 UTC
from CSM Revote - It's a CSM Decision, Not a CCP Decision

There are now calls for a revote from many in the community. Most feel, that with 10000 votes now invalidated, that any person that assumes the Chair, that they do not hold a mandate for that position. That's a valid argument to make.

(From what has been coming out of the CSM, none of the current top six members are particularly eager to assume the Chair. Because they lack a mandate, to do so would likely be political suicide in future CSMs.)

Most of the calls are for CCP to invalidate the previous election, to run a new election. The problem is that the decision is not one that CCP can make. They have their CSM rules in place. Someone resigns or is given the boot, someone else assumes their position. In this case, position fifteen makes it into CSM7, since CSM7 has yet to begin.

The only people who can make a strong statement for a reelection would be the current CSM. All thirteen members would need to resign enmasse.

If that were to happen, then CCP has three choices:

1. Select for the CSM the next fourteen candidates. This would likely not be a popular choice, and the riots we saw last summer would be dwarfed by the riots we would see if this were to happen.
  2. Spend two weeks and run a new, quickie election. This is no skin off CCP's back. Reset the election software, activate it again. It's not like it costs CCP any money.
  3. Disband the CSM for the 2012-2013 campaign year. Again, this would not be a popular choice.

CCP's only logical option would be to go with the second choice.

There's likely no danger to the current candidates (except Issler Dainze.) Every candidate that got elected, should get elected again. There might be some minor shuffling of positions. Of course, Trebor will lose another night of sleep, EVEmails will need to be sent out again.

The benefit to the current candidates is that a clear mandate for the chair will emerge -- likely whoever replaces The Mittani as the CFC candidate. Also of benefit, Issler Dainze will not get re-elected, someone more worthy and willing to participate on the CCP/CSM Skype channel would replace her.

I see little downside to any of the thirteen remaining CSM members if they were to resign with the express purpose of forcing CCP to rerun the CSM7 election. Only twelve will resign (Issler won't), but that should be enough of a message to force CCP's hand on the issue.

Personally, I don't care either way. I think Two Step would make for a fine CSM Chair, and over the course of the term, I believe any initial ill will would fade. In the end people would agree that he did a fine job in the role.
RougeOperator
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#36 - 2012-03-29 05:05:31 UTC
Poetic Stanziel wrote:

There are now calls for a revote from many in the community. Most feel, that with 10000 votes now invalidated, that any person that assumes the Chair, that they do not hold a mandate for that position. That's a valid argument to make.

(From what has been coming out of the CSM, none of the current top six members are particularly eager to assume the Chair. Because they lack a mandate, to do so would likely be political suicide in future CSMs.)

Most of the calls are for CCP to invalidate the previous election, to run a new election. The problem is that the decision is not one that CCP can make. They have their CSM rules in place. Someone resigns or is given the boot, someone else assumes their position. In this case, position fifteen makes it into CSM7, since CSM7 has yet to begin.

The only people who can make a strong statement for a reelection would be the current CSM. All thirteen members would need to resign enmasse.

1. Select for the CSM the next fourteen candidates. This would likely not be a popular choice, and the riots we saw last summer would be dwarfed by the riots we would see if this were to happen.
  2. Spend two weeks and run a new, quickie election. This is no skin off CCP's back. Reset the election software, activate it again. It's not like it costs CCP any money.
  3. Disband the CSM for the 2012-2013 campaign year. Again, this would not be a popular choice.

There's likely no danger to the current candidates (except Issler Dainze.) Every candidate that got elected, should get elected again. There might be some minor shuffling of positions. Of course, Trebor will lose another night of sleep, EVEmails will need to be sent out again.

The benefit to the current candidates is that a clear mandate for the chair will emerge -- likely whoever replaces The Mittani as the CFC candidate. Also of benefit, Issler Dainze will not get re-elected, someone more worthy and willing to participate on the CCP/CSM Skype channel would replace her.

I see little downside to any of the thirteen remaining CSM members if they were to resign with the express purpose of forcing CCP to rerun the CSM7 election. Only twelve will resign (Issler won't), but that should be enough of a message to force CCP's hand on the issue.

Personally, I don't care either way. I think Two Step would make for a fine CSM Chair, and over the course of the term, I believe any initial ill will would fade. In the end people would agree that he did a fine job in the role.

Sorry mate, the election is over.

they voted for a guy that got himself booted. There are alternates for a reason.

Cry me a river.

Beekeeper Bob
Beekeepers Anonymous
#37 - 2012-03-29 05:05:36 UTC
Sverige Pahis wrote:
have our votes back please tia

Well you did spend a lot of Moongoo plex on all thosse accounts, it's only fair that you get something back....Cool

Signature removed - CCP Eterne

Aiden Andraste
State War Academy
Caldari State
#38 - 2012-03-29 05:07:51 UTC
Poetic Stanziel wrote:
Important stuff

Sorry, poetic, trying to reduce pyramid quoting. I cant think of any time I have ever agreed with you and until that post, I always thought you a terrible troll. Thank you for proving me wrong. What you said times a ******* million.
Aiden Andraste
State War Academy
Caldari State
#39 - 2012-03-29 05:10:06 UTC
RougeOperator wrote:

they voted for a guy that got himself booted. There are alternates for a reason.

Cry me a river.

Bad poster above supports the movement to revote! Thank you, kind sir.
Poetic Stanziel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#40 - 2012-03-29 05:14:49 UTC
RougeOperator wrote:
Poetic Stanziel wrote:

Cry me a river.
That is, of course, what will happen. That's the completely valid and logical route for CCP to take. Now, if the entire new CSM were to resign, then that changes the options for CCP.