These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page
 

This is the most fun in years

Author
Doddy
Excidium.
#21 - 2012-03-29 12:17:12 UTC
Ghoest wrote:
-CCP empowers Mittani(and in turn goons) to celebrity status in the Incarna aftermath(goons +1)

-Mittan makes grand use of his new currency become head of CSM

-Mittani does the ultimate EVE surprise gank on CCP using the meta-stage(goons+2)

-Mittani(goons) almost force CCP to accept it.

-CCP bites the bullet and burns Mittani(CCP +1)

-Mittani orders goons in direct war on EVE


EVE is now a p---ing match between CCP and goons. This is better than MoO was.


Pity the war on hi sec (not eve) was planned and announced long before fanfest. It was the reward Mittani promised if he won the election.
Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#22 - 2012-03-29 12:23:13 UTC
Senshi Hawk wrote:
He and his group of thugs are essential to EVE's social structure, and, with varying success, other underlying structures as well.


EVE would still be a vibrant virtual world without the Goons or Mittani. Having an alliance and an alliance leader that are so clearly The Bad Guys does enrich the world: Goons are the quintessential bad guys, complete with megalomaniac leader hatching evil plans for world domination.

But essential to the social structure? No.
Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#23 - 2012-03-29 12:24:26 UTC
SmilingVagrant wrote:
There was a point where three years straight an alliance leader getting married over the Christmas holiday led to disbands/being evicted from space/total collapse.


They obviously need to focus on recruiting unmarriable basement virgins :)
Ghoest
#24 - 2012-03-29 12:52:07 UTC
Doddy wrote:
[

Pity the war on hi sec (not eve) was planned and announced long before fanfest. It was the reward Mittani promised if he won the election.


Talks cheap.
If every goon promise came true we would have a more interesting galaxy.

But now they are mad - so maybe they will stick too this.

Wherever You Went - Here You Are

Headerman
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#25 - 2012-03-29 12:55:05 UTC
Frederick Sanger wrote:
Without villains, there could be no heroes. -Abraham Lincoln.


Without goons, there could be no one to laugh at. -Nublet.

Australian Fanfest Event https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=90062

Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#26 - 2012-03-29 13:00:04 UTC
Headerman wrote:
Frederick Sanger wrote:
Without villains, there could be no heroes. -Abraham Lincoln.


Without goons, there could be no one to laugh at. -Nublet.

Without Goons there would be no stupid.
Ammzi
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#27 - 2012-03-29 13:01:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Ammzi
One of the reasons I love this game.
We worked our asses off to start the riot, it began, we streamed it, it expanded.
And now you can get to have your fun in that very system.

*bows* Goons, GF.
Rico Minali
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2012-03-29 13:11:46 UTC
This isnt CCP Vs Goons you fool, this is CFC versus all the people out there hating GSF for the sake of hating. We love CCP and CCP love us. Soon you will learn to love us as we will be bringing you plenty of in game content very soon.

Trust me, I almost know what I'm doing.

Ghoest
#29 - 2012-03-29 13:26:55 UTC
Rico Minali wrote:
This isnt CCP Vs Goons you fool, this is CFC versus all the people out there hating GSF for the sake of hating. We love CCP and CCP love us. Soon you will learn to love us as we will be bringing you plenty of in game content very soon.


Cloroflorocarbons vs the world!!!

Wherever You Went - Here You Are

Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#30 - 2012-03-29 13:46:51 UTC
Ghoest wrote:
Rico Minali wrote:
This isnt CCP Vs Goons you fool, this is CFC versus all the people out there hating GSF for the sake of hating. We love CCP and CCP love us. Soon you will learn to love us as we will be bringing you plenty of in game content very soon.


Cloroflorocarbons vs the world!!!

Not CFC-free? I am disappoint.
Maximillian Dragonard
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#31 - 2012-03-29 13:52:49 UTC
Funny how the world turns...... BoB was perceived as the bad guy...... taken down by Goons...... who are now perceived to be the bad guys.... next will be? (And yes, there will be another)

Wut?!

Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#32 - 2012-03-29 14:00:28 UTC
Maximillian Dragonard wrote:
Funny how the world turns...... BoB was perceived as the bad guy...... taken down by Goons...... who are now perceived to be the bad guys.... next will be? (And yes, there will be another)

Could it be Brick by any chance? They've already got a head start with D3.
Henry Haphorn
Killer Yankee
#33 - 2012-03-29 14:03:24 UTC
Nick Bison wrote:
Goons are just the new BoB.
That's just the way I see it.


BoB = Law and Order
Goons = Mad Max Road Warrior

Adapt or Die

Gideon Tyler
R I 0 T
R I O T
#34 - 2012-03-30 16:11:13 UTC
Ghoest wrote:
-CCP empowers Mittani(and in turn goons) to celebrity status in the Incarna aftermath(goons +1)

-Mittan makes grand use of his new currency become head of CSM

-Mittani does the ultimate EVE surprise gank on CCP using the meta-stage(goons+2)

-Mittani(goons) almost force CCP to accept it.

-CCP bites the bullet and burns Mittani(CCP +1)

-Mittani orders goons in direct war on EVE


EVE is now a p---ing match between CCP and goons. This is better than MoO was.


There was no surprise gank here on the part of the Mittani, just a surprising level of stupidity. The Mittani wrote a check at Fanfest he could not cash, and then rushed to save his hide in a self-serving and rather poorly written apology. Any effort to re-invent history on his part and that of his supporters, so as to portray this debacle as part of some sort of Master Plan is Goon propaganda, nothing more.

As for any so-called Goon-CCP line up, do not kid yourself. CCP will win that exchange any time they need to.
Gloomy Gus
Deep Core Mining Inc.
#35 - 2012-03-30 18:11:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Gloomy Gus
JeanMichel Bizarre wrote:
Yes they friggin' are.


no really we're not

Gideon Tyler wrote:
As for any so-called Goon-CCP line up, do not kid yourself. CCP will win that exchange any time they need to.


no **** CCP don't fly in Jita much though AFAIK

"DIE N***ERS1 DIE!!!" - EVENEWS24's Riverini "Gloomy Gus is literally a pocket" - Krixtal Icefluxor (former EVE Online player)

Twil Akachi
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#36 - 2012-03-30 18:45:03 UTC
Foodpimp wrote:
What are Goons?

There are no goons.
Twil Akachi
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#37 - 2012-03-30 18:46:23 UTC
Jake Warbird wrote:
Maximillian Dragonard wrote:
Funny how the world turns...... BoB was perceived as the bad guy...... taken down by Goons...... who are now perceived to be the bad guys.... next will be? (And yes, there will be another)

Could it be Brick by any chance? They've already got a head start with D3.

Now now, let's not confuse evil with gross stupidity.
Tinnin Sylph
Perkone
Caldari State
#38 - 2012-03-30 18:54:30 UTC
When the drama dies, Goonswarm dies. This **** is the only reason we play this awful game, if our leaders didn't do amazingly dumb **** from time to time we'd all get bored and wander off.

Heh.

YuuKnow
The Scope
#39 - 2012-03-31 16:54:20 UTC
Xander Riggs wrote:
Yeah, that's why it's near impossible to find threads about ANYTHING ELSE, and will continue to be that way for weeks.


Having your CEO banned for being the #1 biggest dumbass in Eve gives you a lot of publicity. 90% of the player base don't post of the forum, and 90% of the player base doesn't give a **** what happens to Goons
MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#40 - 2012-03-31 17:14:17 UTC
whats MOO? to me MOO is master of Orion II...

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Previous page123Next page