These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

New Dev Blog: Alliance Panel at Fanfest 2012: The Conclusion

First post First post
Author
Kale Kold
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1341 - 2012-04-02 19:35:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Kale Kold
Darth Gustav wrote:
This subject is so stupid I almost forgot my main point. THE GUY CANNOT SUE AS, HE DID NOT KILL HIMSELF. Or can you find a spot in a law somewhere that says "almost killing oneself" or "giving increased consideration to killing oneself" as a result of a supposed "tormentor"? Also, what about all the people who ran to The Wis pointing to this "mean video"? Where is their respective culpability? The guy didn't even know what was going on...until you people pointed it out.

The guy didn't have to die. Inciting a vulnerable person to kill themselves is harassment and in the UK people have gone to jail for that even thought the victim of the harassment didn't succeed in killing themselves.

Like i said in some countries perpetrators of causing mental anguish and inciting suicide have been prosecuted. Look it up.Roll

Also if he still goes on to commit suicide you can bet CCP will be questioned.

“Some people call me insane for the destruction I’ve caused, ...I believe I was just doing my duty!” -- Testimony submitted to Caldari Navy war crimes tribunal.

Kale Kold
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1342 - 2012-04-02 19:38:27 UTC
Quote:

In many jurisdictions it is a crime to assist others, directly or indirectly, in taking their own lives. In some jurisdictions, it is also illegal to encourage them to do so. Sometimes an exception applies for physician assisted suicide (PAS), under strict conditions.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_legislation

“Some people call me insane for the destruction I’ve caused, ...I believe I was just doing my duty!” -- Testimony submitted to Caldari Navy war crimes tribunal.

Azran Zala
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1343 - 2012-04-02 19:42:19 UTC
Darth Gustav wrote:


1) I know for a FACT authorities were NOT informed.


um.. proof or ...you know the rest of this meme.
Please state your source it just sounds like a rant.
Elsebeth Rhiannon
SoE Roughriders
Electus Matari
#1344 - 2012-04-02 19:45:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Elsebeth Rhiannon
Darth Gustav wrote:
4) I like the, "Nyeah! None of your business!" argument. We knew Alex's personal information, and now he's been smeared all over the internet with REAL CONTACT INFO.

And that, obviously, makes it ok to demand that we post about real life information of the guy he targeted? Could you explain by which logic?

If you know anything for a fact about what happened to him in this case, posting it is bannable offense. HTH, HAND.
Darth Gustav
Sith Interstellar Tech Harvesting
#1345 - 2012-04-02 19:45:24 UTC
Azran Zala wrote:
Darth Gustav wrote:


1) I know for a FACT authorities were NOT informed.


um.. proof or ...you know the rest of this meme.
Please state your source it just sounds like a rant.


Darth Gustav wrote:
You can ask The Wis whether he's gotten any calls from local law enforcement. No need to play the enforced-ignorance card.


Can you read?

He who trolls trolls best when he who is trolled trolls the troller. -Darth Gustav's Axiom

Azran Zala
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1346 - 2012-04-02 19:46:38 UTC
Kale Kold wrote:
Darth Gustav wrote:
This subject is so stupid I almost forgot my main point. THE GUY CANNOT SUE AS, HE DID NOT KILL HIMSELF. Or can you find a spot in a law somewhere that says "almost killing oneself" or "giving increased consideration to killing oneself" as a result of a supposed "tormentor"? Also, what about all the people who ran to The Wis pointing to this "mean video"? Where is their respective culpability? The guy didn't even know what was going on...until you people pointed it out.

The guy didn't have to die. Inciting a vulnerable person to kill themselves is harassment and in the UK people have gone to jail for that even thought the victim of the harassment didn't succeed in killing themselves.

Like i said in some countries perpetrators of causing mental anguish and inciting suicide have been prosecuted. Look it up.Roll

Also if he still goes on to commit suicide you can bet CCP will be questioned.


Thankfully, Mittani did not encourage anyone to commit suicide.
Darth Gustav
Sith Interstellar Tech Harvesting
#1347 - 2012-04-02 19:47:41 UTC
Azran Zala wrote:
Kale Kold wrote:
Darth Gustav wrote:
This subject is so stupid I almost forgot my main point. THE GUY CANNOT SUE AS, HE DID NOT KILL HIMSELF. Or can you find a spot in a law somewhere that says "almost killing oneself" or "giving increased consideration to killing oneself" as a result of a supposed "tormentor"? Also, what about all the people who ran to The Wis pointing to this "mean video"? Where is their respective culpability? The guy didn't even know what was going on...until you people pointed it out.

The guy didn't have to die. Inciting a vulnerable person to kill themselves is harassment and in the UK people have gone to jail for that even thought the victim of the harassment didn't succeed in killing themselves.

Like i said in some countries perpetrators of causing mental anguish and inciting suicide have been prosecuted. Look it up.Roll

Also if he still goes on to commit suicide you can bet CCP will be questioned.


Thankfully, Mittani did not encourage anyone to commit suicide.


^---******* this, really. +1.

He who trolls trolls best when he who is trolled trolls the troller. -Darth Gustav's Axiom

Azran Zala
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1348 - 2012-04-02 19:49:10 UTC
Darth Gustav wrote:


Darth Gustav wrote:
You can ask The Wis whether he's gotten any calls from local law enforcement. No need to play the enforced-ignorance card.


Can you read?


yes can you?

Azran Zala wrote:


... just because law officials are notified, by some company from another country, that someones feeling "rather sad" doesnt mean they'll send a squad car over to his house or even take it seriously.

Also not everyone provides their real details when signing up for accounts over the internet.
Darth Gustav
Sith Interstellar Tech Harvesting
#1349 - 2012-04-02 19:53:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Darth Gustav
Azran Zala wrote:
Darth Gustav wrote:


Darth Gustav wrote:
You can ask The Wis whether he's gotten any calls from local law enforcement. No need to play the enforced-ignorance card.


Can you read?


yes can you?

Azran Zala wrote:


... just because law officials are notified, by some company from another country, that someones feeling "rather sad" doesnt mean they'll send a squad car over to his house or even take it seriously.

Also not everyone provides their real details when signing up for accounts over the internet.


Where is the vitriol at his local donut-eater station then? Who will champion this poor sad man teetering near the edge?

It's hard to answer the real ******* questions, isn't it?

He who trolls trolls best when he who is trolled trolls the troller. -Darth Gustav's Axiom

Elsebeth Rhiannon
SoE Roughriders
Electus Matari
#1350 - 2012-04-02 19:56:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Elsebeth Rhiannon
Darth Gustav wrote:
Where is the vitriol at his local donut-eater station then? Who will champion this poor sad man teetering near the edge?

It's hard to answer the real ******* questions, isn't it?

It isn't, but it seems to be hard to read the answers (hint: there's 70ish pages of this discussion here and 200+ in the apology thread and yes, that question too has been answered multiple times).

That, or you are just trying to get the final word, regardless of any arguments presented.
Darth Gustav
Sith Interstellar Tech Harvesting
#1351 - 2012-04-02 20:03:14 UTC
Elsebeth Rhiannon wrote:
Darth Gustav wrote:
Where is the vitriol at his local donut-eater station then? Who will champion this poor sad man teetering near the edge?

It's hard to answer the real ******* questions, isn't it?

It isn't, but it seems to be hard to read the answers (hint: there's 70ish pages of this discussion here and 200+ in the apology thread and yes, that question too has been answered multiple times).

That, or you are just trying to get the final word, regardless of any arguments presented.


Nope I'm just shiptoasting away like the rest of you.

I just bang an obviously different drum.

He who trolls trolls best when he who is trolled trolls the troller. -Darth Gustav's Axiom

Azran Zala
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1352 - 2012-04-02 20:11:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Azran Zala
Darth Gustav wrote:

Where is the vitriol at his local donut-eater station then? Who will champion this poor sad man teetering near the edge?

It's hard to answer the real ******* questions, isn't it?


I cant really enter into discussion about lax policing, because I'm not even sure what country the wis is from.
if you care to enlighten me perhaps we can evaluate their policing performance, or what their standard procedure in such cases are.

Would you restate your question?
Darth Gustav
Sith Interstellar Tech Harvesting
#1353 - 2012-04-02 20:19:44 UTC
Azran Zala wrote:
Darth Gustav wrote:

Where is the vitriol at his local donut-eater station then? Who will champion this poor sad man teetering near the edge?

It's hard to answer the real ******* questions, isn't it?


I cant really enter into discussion about lax policing, because I'm not even sure what country the wis is from.
if you care to enlighten me perhaps we can evaluate their policing performance, or what their standard procedure in such cases are.

Would you restate your question?


Sure, here goes:

Who will champion this sad man teetering on the edge in a way that is selfless and not self-serving in the context of a subscription-based video game or the company who runs it?

Any takers?

He who trolls trolls best when he who is trolled trolls the troller. -Darth Gustav's Axiom

Azran Zala
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1354 - 2012-04-02 20:24:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Azran Zala
Darth Gustav wrote:

Sure, here goes:

Who will champion this sad man teetering on the edge in a way that is selfless and not self-serving in the context of a subscription-based video game or the company who runs it?

Any takers?


Since I don't know what country he is from, I cannot answer as to what local social or govermental services are availible to him. But im assuming most have a police force.

However I believe in my own country the police will likely not even file a report on the matter let alone act on it.
So it would be up to family or privatised mental health care.
Darth Gustav
Sith Interstellar Tech Harvesting
#1355 - 2012-04-02 20:35:04 UTC
Azran Zala wrote:
Darth Gustav wrote:

Sure, here goes:

Who will champion this sad man teetering on the edge in a way that is selfless and not self-serving in the context of a subscription-based video game or the company who runs it?

Any takers?


Since I don't know what country he is from, I cannot answer as to what local social or govermental services are availible to him. But im assuming most have a police force.

However I believe in my own country the police will likely not even file a report on the matter let alone act on it.
So it would be up to family or privatised mental health care.

Where I'm from in the 21st century we have police who undergo sensitivity training, including how to deal with persons of various mental illness. This includes depression.

Due to the investment value such education entails, officers are expected to act on information received as part of their duty to "serve and protect."

So I think we both know who the one entity is here who can actually act selflessly for this poor sad man.

Go ahead and say the name. It's OK.

He who trolls trolls best when he who is trolled trolls the troller. -Darth Gustav's Axiom

Azran Zala
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1356 - 2012-04-02 20:36:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Azran Zala
Darth Gustav wrote:


Where I'm from in the 21st century we have police who undergo sensitivity training, including how to deal with persons of various mental illness. This includes depression.

Due to the investment value such education entails, officers are expected to act on information received as part of their duty to "serve and protect."

So I think we both know who the one entity is here who can actually act selflessly for this poor sad man.

Go ahead and say the name. It's OK.



the pope?
Darth Gustav
Sith Interstellar Tech Harvesting
#1357 - 2012-04-02 20:38:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Darth Gustav
Azran Zala wrote:
Darth Gustav wrote:


Where I'm from in the 21st century we have police who undergo sensitivity training, including how to deal with persons of various mental illness. This includes depression.

Due to the investment value such education entails, officers are expected to act on information received as part of their duty to "serve and protect."

So I think we both know who the one entity is here who can actually act selflessly for this poor sad man.

Go ahead and say the name. It's OK.


the pope?


lol good one!

He who trolls trolls best when he who is trolled trolls the troller. -Darth Gustav's Axiom

Azran Zala
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1358 - 2012-04-02 20:44:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Azran Zala
Darth Gustav wrote:
Azran Zala wrote:
Darth Gustav wrote:


Where I'm from in the 21st century we have police who undergo sensitivity training, including how to deal with persons of various mental illness. This includes depression.

Due to the investment value such education entails, officers are expected to act on information received as part of their duty to "serve and protect."

So I think we both know who the one entity is here who can actually act selflessly for this poor sad man.

Go ahead and say the name. It's OK.


the pope?


lol good one!


Where im from the cops have been known to occationally shoot unarmed & facedown teenagers in the back of the head or open fire an riddle "suspected" highjacked vehicles with automatic weapon fire only to discover that some innoccent grade school teacher just bit several slugs in her face on her way home because she happend to be driving the same colour car of a make and model of thousands like it.

So... Im not even going to go there... not with a 10foot f***ing pole
Darth Gustav
Sith Interstellar Tech Harvesting
#1359 - 2012-04-02 20:52:22 UTC
Azran Zala wrote:
Darth Gustav wrote:
Azran Zala wrote:
Darth Gustav wrote:


Where I'm from in the 21st century we have police who undergo sensitivity training, including how to deal with persons of various mental illness. This includes depression.

Due to the investment value such education entails, officers are expected to act on information received as part of their duty to "serve and protect."

So I think we both know who the one entity is here who can actually act selflessly for this poor sad man.

Go ahead and say the name. It's OK.


the pope?


lol good one!


Where im from the cops have been known to occationally shoot unarmed & facedown teenagers in the back of the head or open fire an riddle "suspected" highjacked vehicles with automatic weapon fire only to discover that some innoccent grade school teacher just bit several slugs in her face on her way home because she happend to be driving the same colour car of a make and model of thousands like it.

So... Im not even going to go there... not with a 10foot f***ing pole


Well let's hope [REDACTED] doesn't live in your neighborhood, then.

But hey, on the bright side, if he does it sounds like it'd be easy enough to just be fodder in your neighborhood.

In fact in such an environment it seems unlikely that we'd find somebody as sad as [REDACTED].

Darwin et al.

He who trolls trolls best when he who is trolled trolls the troller. -Darth Gustav's Axiom

Azran Zala
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1360 - 2012-04-02 21:00:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Azran Zala
Darth Gustav wrote:

But hey, on the bright side, if he does it sounds like it'd be easy enough to just be fodder in your neighborhood.

In fact in such an environment it seems unlikely that we'd find somebody as sad as [REDACTED].

Darwin et al.


The -metro- police in the city where I live are very good, but they are employed by the city and not part of
the national police force. Private health care is also world class.
But I think the point im getting at, is there isnt going to be much official concern for adults being called names on the internet.

I would be lying if I were to say I have not been desensitised to issues far worse.