These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

New Dev Blog: Alliance Panel at Fanfest 2012: The Conclusion

First post First post
Author
Kai Jyokoroi
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#861 - 2012-03-29 10:06:32 UTC
Chicken Pizza wrote:
Kai Jyokoroi wrote:
Chicken Pizza wrote:
You morons say "10,058"


Thank you for your searing political insight and mathematical calculations, Eve Online poster "Chicken Pizza"



Wa-hey! That's much more useful, contextual content in a post than I could ever have expected from a Goonswarm character. I must really have a knack for bringing out the good qualities in people.

You're welcome.


let me put in another way seeing as I'm not sure you understood the intent of my original post

you're a god-damned idiot
Catho Sharn
Don't Die Interstellar Enterprises
#862 - 2012-03-29 10:11:06 UTC
While I don't have much to say here about Alex's situation, I hope CCP will use this incident as incentive to review CSM candidacy and position requirements and insure they're accurately reflected in CSM-related documentation available to the players and perhaps conduct a document reorg and cleanup.
Chicken Pizza
One-man Armada
#863 - 2012-03-29 10:12:34 UTC
Norian Lonark wrote:
No the point that I was making is that drunk people lose their inhibition, self control and judgement. The point is that maybe CCP should have took this into consideration if they were that that bothered about what was being broadcast and I am sure this unfortunate incident will change things in the future.

I at no point in the post said that everything was acceptable because they were drunk. And I think you are pushing it to try and say what happened is comparable to drink driving, but I guess everyone has a different opinion.


I understand what you're saying, and I will agree to disagree on whether or not drunk driving is comparable. But we must all keep in mind that you are responsible for your actions, drunk or not. CCP isn't responsible for what you say while live, but they certainly reserve the right to punish you for it with regards to your precious spaceship game.

What was really broken here was the bond of trust between Mittani and CCP. CCP allows alcohol at Fanfest because they trust the participants to stay in line with certain rules, spoken or unspoken. On the internet, anonymity is effectively your shield when you make comments like that. But when you show up in person, that shield is gone, and your actions have consequences.

Sure, worse things have definitely been said in EvE. I've witnessed plenty of them. But the reason those people tend to go unpunished is because nobody reports them. That doesn't make it any less unacceptable.

If you can't maintain your alcohol intake and keep yourself at least somewhat decent, you don't deserve to have a beer in your hand, or a brain in your head.
Chicken Pizza
One-man Armada
#864 - 2012-03-29 10:15:41 UTC
Kai Jyokoroi wrote:
let me put in another way seeing as I'm not sure you understood the intent of my original post

you're a god-damned idiot


Sarcastic AND condescending! What a card!
Decaneos
Casalt Corp
CAStabouts
#865 - 2012-03-29 10:15:47 UTC
Midge Mo'yb wrote:
**** this ****, you discard 20% of the voters in one swoop, an out of game action is not bound to the TERMS OF THE GAME SERVICE


Im sorry but your postion in any elected position does not give you the right to break the law, if Barrack obama broke the law he would be impeached and removed from office, this is no different, he clearly broke the terms and agrements of the game and he has been punished for it, if anyone actually had any respect for the democratic process then they wouldnt be complaining at all.

Or do you wish one rule for them and another for me to start just cuase your CSM, just cuase you were elected to this possition does not mean you are better than us.

i also note ,tho it seems no one read, that he RESIGNED and FORFITTED these words are not as you seem to think REMOVED and BANNED from CSM so until we hear a youtube vid from mittens saying he didnt resign and was infact removed i think you should keep quite.
Xander Blackwell
Perkone
Caldari State
#866 - 2012-03-29 10:20:18 UTC
CCP you made a mistake. Everything you did was correct EXCEPT removing Alex from CSM 7. Let me make this clear. Not a fan of Mittani. But the man in CSM is a different man in some ways. And I think in a lot more ways after the horror of seeing what he had done. I really hope you look again at this decision as its a mistake and will effect eve in a bad way.

I agree with the ban, I agree with taking his chair....Kicking him from CSM.... bad move. All of this is my opinion only and does not represent the opinion of my corp/alliance/sober self.

p.s I didn't vote for him. Not a goon fan. Just someone who hates to see good democracy go to waste.

Lenrir Andven
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#867 - 2012-03-29 10:28:40 UTC
Jada Maroo wrote:
I hope he set his training queue.


implying Mittens logs in...at all.
Zalifer Esepula
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#868 - 2012-03-29 10:29:38 UTC
CCP I love you, but this is a mistake.

I hope you fix this ASAP. He stepped down as CSM 7 Chair, but there should be no problem with him being on the CSM. He was the leading candidate.

Creating a position that is voted for by players and then just taking away the person voted for is a breach of our trust and respect. I understand that there was some bad media, but this is something that is going to look even worse for the people who matter, the people who play the game. Who cares if some soccer mom thinks EVE is evil, she didn't subscribe anyway. Anyone who plays EVE wants real player elected CSM, and 10058 of them want The Mittani.
Dirk Decibel
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#869 - 2012-03-29 10:30:11 UTC
Kai Jyokoroi wrote:
Also everything that has happened here is not regrettable, it's god-damn hilarious and you're all a bunch of whiny thin-skinned crybabies with an entitlement complex

Indeed, been a while since I had such a good laugh at Goons. Thanks Mittens!
Rihanna Hawksworthy
Doomheim
#870 - 2012-03-29 10:31:15 UTC
If 10 thousand votes have been lost because an EvE character has renaged on his responsibilities by his own actions, well oh my, isn't that just sweet.
Katrina Bekers
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#871 - 2012-03-29 10:31:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Katrina Bekers
Nice that all most of the comments cheering up the CCP move come from characters in NPC corps.

Where are your balls, gentlemen?

(This without any comment on the merit of the decision itself, the panel events, or anything related to loving/hating Goons. Just pointing out how rotten the woodwork should be, for these cockroaches to come crawling out of it.)

<< THE RABBLE BRIGADE >>

Aruken Marr
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#872 - 2012-03-29 10:34:27 UTC
Katrina Bekers wrote:
Nice that all most of the comments cheering up the CCP move come from characters in NPC corps.

Where are your balls, gentlemen?

(This without any comment on the merit of the decision itself, the panel events, or anything related to loving/hating Goons. Just pointing out how rotten the woodwork should be, for these cockroaches to come crawling out of it.)


Not empty quoting
Chicken Pizza
One-man Armada
#873 - 2012-03-29 10:38:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Chicken Pizza
Sanche Tehkeli wrote:

Such fallacy is itching me. So, since you are the kind to argue with numbers, logic and math, at least do it right.
Scratch yourself. This is not an argument; it's an assertion. Like it or leave it.
Actually, I do love circular discussion. Maybe I shall indulge.
Sanche Tehkeli wrote:

1. 1/7 of all cast votes were for the Mittani. It's a fact that cannot be denied. He came first of all candidates. As additional figure, this very candidate has more than 200% of cast votes than his first follower after him (2nd position is Two Step with 4,150 votes.)
Irrelevant. Where's my easy button? I need to give it a push.
Sanche Tehkeli wrote:
2. 6/7 of all cast votes were for OTHER candidates, spread among them. You can never assert it is against a pick, always it is for pick. This is on the same ground as your own logic. To be able to tell "83% of the votes/voters did NOT want Mittani for CSM" (quoting you) you have to ask each individual voter of its intent. Again : 17% were for him, 83% were for (many) others. This is maths.
You're either for or against something in a democratic vote. There is no undecided, unless you choose to abstain. It's pretty black-and-white. If it's multiple choice, you are for ONE choice and against ALL others. If you deny that logic, I have nothing more to say to you.
Sanche Tehkeli wrote:
3. Parallel with RL is irrelevant. As always you should make parallels between things comparable in all aspects, or issue disclaimers and restrictions. This is argumentation. There are aspects in common between CSM elections and RL elections and things that are completely different. Voting system is different, result assessing is different... Etc.
I don't know where people like you get off thinking that "real life" doesn't include what you say on the internet. Are you roleplaying right now, or are you speaking as yourself? Are the things you say to people online anonymous to you as well? If so, I'd highly suggest seeing a psychiatrist, as that sounds like a problem only drugs are going to solve.
Sanche Tehkeli wrote:

4. If you don't agree, be constructive when you argue your point. You're posing and gave no useful information/argument.
So far, 5 people have found my post useful enough to actually go out of their way to click the "like" button. I'd say that mildly exceeds yours thus far. I'd also say that makes you a hypocrite.

EDIT: Have you ever heard of the oral voting system, "yea or nay"? "Yea" means FOR. "Nay" means AGAINST.
Smoking Blunts
ZC Omega
#874 - 2012-03-29 10:40:31 UTC
Katrina Bekers wrote:
Nice that all most of the comments cheering up the CCP move come from characters in NPC corps.

Where are your balls, gentlemen?

(This without any comment on the merit of the decision itself, the panel events, or anything related to loving/hating Goons. Just pointing out how rotten the woodwork should be, for these cockroaches to come crawling out of it.)



he did something very stupid and something had to be done. i think that him stepping down from the csm was the right action after a very foolish one, but the 30day ban is meaning less and a waste of time.

OMG when can i get a pic here

Dirk Decibel
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#875 - 2012-03-29 10:41:37 UTC
Katrina Bekers wrote:
Nice that all most of the comments cheering up the CCP move come from characters in NPC corps.

Where are your balls, gentlemen?

Are you one of those rare ppl who still hold e-honor in high regards?

Irisandra T'Lavel
#876 - 2012-03-29 10:46:10 UTC
Katrina Bekers wrote:
Nice that all most of the comments cheering up the CCP move come from characters in NPC corps.

Where are your balls, gentlemen?

(This without any comment on the merit of the decision itself, the panel events, or anything related to loving/hating Goons. Just pointing out how rotten the woodwork should be, for these cockroaches to come crawling out of it.)

Some of us actually live in NPC coprs. I have no other toons in other corps...Is there something wrong with me for not mindlessly following the top few corps? Does that make my CSM votes worth less than yours?
Zhade Lezte
#877 - 2012-03-29 10:47:29 UTC
Not particularly interested in feeding all the trolls with a clear agenda anymore.

I've said my piece, but let me extend a heartfelt thanks to Two Step for openly disagreeing with this decision and the many members of the CSM who consider this disenfranchisement a serious issue and something that needs to be discussed, of which I see several on the first page. Looking forward to hearing from you all as this discussion continues.
Jada Maroo
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#878 - 2012-03-29 10:47:51 UTC
You people are too short sighted. Within a year the ban will be long over and he'll be elected to CSM8 with well over 10058 votes as some sort of Eve troll folk hero. Stop crying, take it like Goons, plan your comeback. It's not like you haven't done it before.
1Of9
A Blessed Bean
Pandemic Horde
#879 - 2012-03-29 10:49:41 UTC
1Of9 wrote:
1Of9 wrote:
Thank you ccp.

You did the right thing, altho the CSM rules state that he cannot run for CSM again.

Plz explain why you are allowing him to run again in the future.


to pinpoint my claim:

http://community.eveonline.com/download/devblog/CSM.pdf

on page 20 it says, and i quote:

Quote:


CSM representative conduct

any behavior or actions considered being a material breach of the eula or tos
by a Csm representative is grounds for immediate dismissal and permanent
exclusion from all pending and future participation in the council. there are no
exceptions,
regardless of the infraction. representatives are not only expected to
uphold the social contract that all society members are held accountable to, but
should also set a behavior standard for everyone else to follow.




In light of this, ccp please explain why he will be able to run for CSM in the future.


Bump
Irisandra T'Lavel
#880 - 2012-03-29 10:50:38 UTC
Jada Maroo wrote:
You people are too short sighted. Within a year the ban will be long over and he'll be elected to CSM8 with well over 10058 votes as some sort of Eve troll folk hero. Stop crying, take it like Goons, plan your comeback. It's not like you haven't done it before.


Dev Blog wrote:
As per our policies, this candidate may be eligible to run at a later date subject to candidacy review.

Maybe. Will he be eligible in a year?