These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

New Dev Blog: Alliance Panel at Fanfest 2012: The Conclusion

First post First post
Author
Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#501 - 2012-03-29 00:07:50 UTC
Lt Pizi wrote:
Khanh'rhh wrote:
Hulemand wrote:
Khanh'rhh wrote:
CCP,

Can you confirm you were also holding everyone who just happened to be on camera at fanfest accountable to the TOS/EULA? Family members / spouses who don't play the game .. the press .. ?

I am struggling to see how you can possibly think your terms of service apply to what someone says out of game, on camera when it is YOU and your providers who choice what is broadcast and when.

There is absolutely NO legal precedent for it.


What legal precedence do they need? None!


Yeah, because that line works well when a lawsuit lands.

Stop trying to think, you're in Raiden.


that would be the funniest lawsuit ever filled
stop acting like a ....


CCP have removed his ability to use the service he is paying for, without him violating the contract.

That's not funny, it's the majority of civil lawsuits.

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." -Soviet infantry manual,

Karasu Zed
Perkone
Caldari State
#502 - 2012-03-29 00:08:54 UTC
The effect I take from this is that over 10,000 paying subscriptions are worth more than the life of one player. A 30 day ban is laughable, if this were a regular, unknown player in EVE that publicly made thse comments, they would not have received such kindness from CCP. A permanent ban would have been appropriate. It's obvious to me who runs EVE Online now, the players, as cruel and immature as they can be.
Jim Luc
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#503 - 2012-03-29 00:09:04 UTC
Roime wrote:
Lol @ goon pleb nerd rage

Why blame CCP? All they did was enforcing the TOS/EULA and gave Mittens a temp ban. You all know they had no other choice.

He resigned from his position as CSM chair, probably because he felt it was the right thing to do. Read his apology again if you are unsure about his view on the events. I find this unfortunate and I'm sorry Mittani, but not for this ridiculous bunch of whining hypocrites..

If you feel betrayed, maybe talk with him about it? Or you can also just

~deal with it~


You seriously think he harassed someone to the point of violating the TOS? The 30 day ban is ridiculous.
Townsend Harris
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#504 - 2012-03-29 00:09:07 UTC
Roime wrote:
Lol @ goon pleb nerd rage

Why blame CCP? All they did was enforcing the TOS/EULA and gave Mittens a temp ban. You all know they had no other choice.

He resigned from his position as CSM chair, probably because he felt it was the right thing to do. Read his apology again if you are unsure about his view on the events. I find this unfortunate and I'm sorry Mittani, but not for this ridiculous bunch of whining hypocrites..

If you feel betrayed, maybe talk with him about it? Or you can also just

~deal with it~

Its not the resignation its the being completely off the CSM.
Just now I have shouted 30 cuss words, encouraged a few alliance bros to **** sheep, and given suggestions on how to counterfeit Aerosmith CDs. I have violated the CCP EULA. Ban me?
Il Feytid
State War Academy
Caldari State
#505 - 2012-03-29 00:09:52 UTC
We love it when you are banned. Blink
Jade Constantine
Jericho Fraction
The Star Fraction
#506 - 2012-03-29 00:10:01 UTC
Contorted wrote:
Since when is it possible to remove someone from a democratic elected position without a motion of no-confidence?


When they break the rules of the Process by getting drunk and misusing position and panel appearance as a sadistic bully-pulpit to call for somebody to be trolled to suicide.

Its in the CSM guidelines. Do something seriously bad and you will get expelled. Alexander Gianturco knew the rules but chose to break them anyway because he figured he ran CCP.

The True Knowledge is that nothing matters that does not matter to you, might does make right and power makes freedom

Townsend Harris
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#507 - 2012-03-29 00:10:23 UTC
Jade Constantine wrote:
Contorted wrote:
Since when is it possible to remove someone from a democratic elected position without a motion of no-confidence?


When they break the rules of the Process by getting drunk and misusing position and panel appearance as a sadistic bully-pulpit to call for somebody to be trolled to suicide.

Its in the CSM guidelines. Do something seriously bad and you will get expelled. Alexander Gianturco knew the rules but chose to break them anyway because he figured he ran CCP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k80nW6AOhTs
Vatek
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#508 - 2012-03-29 00:10:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Vatek
Roime wrote:
Lol @ goon pleb nerd rage

Why blame CCP? All they did was enforcing the TOS/EULA and gave Mittens a temp ban. You all know they had no other choice.

He resigned from his position as CSM chair, probably because he felt it was the right thing to do. Read his apology again if you are unsure about his view on the events. I find this unfortunate and I'm sorry Mittani, but not for this ridiculous bunch of whining hypocrites..

If you feel betrayed, maybe talk with him about it? Or you can also just

~deal with it~


Please find a section in the EULA that states that you will be punished for actions outside of the game and the EVE official forums, and then find me people who were asked to sign TOS/EULA agreements before being allowed into the building at fanfest. I'll wait.
Jade Constantine
Jericho Fraction
The Star Fraction
#509 - 2012-03-29 00:11:08 UTC
Vatek wrote:
Schettino wrote:
All those crying about the 10k vote loss.

The player has been banned and is out of the game -> LOSS OF REPRESENTATION.

PERIOD


Blame the player himself and NOT CCP.


Sorry, no. There needs to be a system in place so that people who voted for candidates who either resign or are removed are still represented. Mittani's actions do not speak for the 10,058 people that voted for him.


This has never been the case for previously expelled CSM representatives. Why are you asking to be a special case?

The True Knowledge is that nothing matters that does not matter to you, might does make right and power makes freedom

Lt Pizi
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#510 - 2012-03-29 00:11:14 UTC
Khanh'rhh wrote:
Lt Pizi wrote:
Khanh'rhh wrote:
Hulemand wrote:
Khanh'rhh wrote:
CCP,

Can you confirm you were also holding everyone who just happened to be on camera at fanfest accountable to the TOS/EULA? Family members / spouses who don't play the game .. the press .. ?

I am struggling to see how you can possibly think your terms of service apply to what someone says out of game, on camera when it is YOU and your providers who choice what is broadcast and when.

There is absolutely NO legal precedent for it.


What legal precedence do they need? None!


Yeah, because that line works well when a lawsuit lands.

Stop trying to think, you're in Raiden.


that would be the funniest lawsuit ever filled
stop acting like a ....


CCP have removed his ability to use the service he is paying for, without him violating the contract.

That's not funny, it's the majority of civil lawsuits.


keep telling that to yourself

and imagine Alex (the RL guy ) making the judge watch the video showing the video why he was banned

Alex isnt an idiot , you on the other hand , im not sure

Goon Tears are best tears, because they're 25% alcohol by volume!

Townsend Harris
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#511 - 2012-03-29 00:11:42 UTC
Jade Constantine wrote:
Vatek wrote:
Schettino wrote:
All those crying about the 10k vote loss.

The player has been banned and is out of the game -> LOSS OF REPRESENTATION.

PERIOD


Blame the player himself and NOT CCP.


Sorry, no. There needs to be a system in place so that people who voted for candidates who either resign or are removed are still represented. Mittani's actions do not speak for the 10,058 people that voted for him.


This has never been the case for previously expelled CSM representatives. Why are you asking to be a special case?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k80nW6AOhTs
Alidean
Perkone
Caldari State
#512 - 2012-03-29 00:11:46 UTC
And suddenly 10,000 angry neckbeards have law degrees.
Midge Mo'yb
State War Academy
Caldari State
#513 - 2012-03-29 00:12:13 UTC
Vatek wrote:
Roime wrote:
Lol @ goon pleb nerd rage

Why blame CCP? All they did was enforcing the TOS/EULA and gave Mittens a temp ban. You all know they had no other choice.

He resigned from his position as CSM chair, probably because he felt it was the right thing to do. Read his apology again if you are unsure about his view on the events. I find this unfortunate and I'm sorry Mittani, but not for this ridiculous bunch of whining hypocrites..

If you feel betrayed, maybe talk with him about it? Or you can also just

~deal with it~


Please find a section in the EULA that states that you will be punished for actions outside of the game and the EVE official forums, and then find me people who were asked to sign TOS/EULA agreements before being allowed into the building at fanfest. I'll wait.

NEQ
Panda Name
The Chatsubo
#514 - 2012-03-29 00:12:42 UTC
it's crazy to think that i'm on the side of the goons on this. they are in the right, and history will remember them this way.

all you raiden dorks and jade constantine, you long winded harlot, are in the wrong and it's pathetic that you cannot see it.
Schwa Nuts
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#515 - 2012-03-29 00:12:52 UTC
Temulkar Blaine wrote:

clearly I disagree with you, so does the law fortunatly, did you think the muamba sentence was unfair then?



I do think that sentence was unfair actually. But then I am an American, and we have Constitutionally protected rights to freedom of speech.
SolusLunes
Goosefleet
#516 - 2012-03-29 00:12:57 UTC
Andski wrote:
Lt Pizi wrote:
AFAIK accounts that have action against em are not allowed for CSM


Krutoj made no secret about his temp ban for RMT which did _not_ lead to his removal from the CSM.


QFT
Meno Theaetetus
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#517 - 2012-03-29 00:13:04 UTC
I came to this game 6 years ago from SWG, took them six years but Sony finally caught up and destroyed another game that I loved.
Istyn
Freight Club
#518 - 2012-03-29 00:13:33 UTC
Tarsus Zateki wrote:
The Mittani isn't even gone for a day and CCP's management is already making bad decisions.


BAM
Blawrf McTaggart
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#519 - 2012-03-29 00:13:41 UTC
Aryth wrote:
CCP, let me lay this out for you. I get you cannot go back on this decision without looking bad.

You bring people to Iceland. You encourage them to get roaring drunk, you stream this in HD while profiting off it. Then you punish them for out of game actions at said event.


Did you not forsee something like this happening? Really?


What all players should gain from this. Fanfest is not a safe environment to interact with fellow players. It has in-game consequences. I hope you are clear on future fanfest purchasing pages that any actions at your events have in-game consequences.


not empty quoting
sakurako
Eternal Darkness.
The Initiative.
#520 - 2012-03-29 00:13:47 UTC
Panda Name wrote:
it's crazy to think that i'm on the side of the goons on this. they are in the right, and history will remember them this way.

all you raiden dorks and jade constantine, you long winded harlot, are in the wrong and it's pathetic that you cannot see it.


please tell us how we are in the wrong?