These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

My Apology

First post First post
Author
Zhade Lezte
#1421 - 2012-03-27 09:40:32 UTC
Professor Alphane wrote:
ExhumeToConsume wrote:
Professor Alphane wrote:
Yes given his first comment when he learnt of it is 'deal with it'

Given he has always clearly stated he DOES NOT RP

Given he is a snake generally

I'm sure one little post is going to make attempted murder so much better


Shocked
ShockedShocked
ShockedShockedShocked

WTG on keeping things in perspective buddy



I am

Want to keep posting your 'cult' BS, carry on


I do not think you know what those words you used mean!

Then again, you liked I post I made of a much earlier topic where I said your thread was a "pretty entertaining troll" so maybe you're just messing with us again?
Kara Roideater
#1422 - 2012-03-27 09:40:41 UTC
Fenris Deka wrote:


Kara, none of this would have happened had CCP actually enforced a sober panel.

None of this would have happened if CCP had it properly Moderated, which they did not.



That's just another attempt to shift responsibility from the primary agent in this mess. You blame the people that discuss the Mittani's actions. You blame the people that failed to moderate him. Could you please direct me to the post where you blame him over and above all these outliers?
David Cedarbridge
Merch Industrial
Goonswarm Federation
#1423 - 2012-03-27 09:40:52 UTC
Kara Roideater wrote:
Xander Riggs wrote:
Kara Roideater wrote:
David Cedarbridge wrote:
This is probably as good a time as any to point out. Any "bad press" that comes out of this, the community brought upon themselves. It is you, the Eve--0 badposter who is bringing upon EVE: The Game About Internet Spaceships all of this bad press as a part of a witch hunt where the only person who should care, really doesn't. Good work on the effort you put into sinking your own ship guys.


Yes. Any reporting of the Mitanni's actions is clearly not at all the fault of the person who carried out said actions. Also, the bad feelings aroused by the Murdoch press hacking phones is entirely due to the newspaper that broke the story. After all, those people wouldn't feel bad if they didn't know their phones were being hacked. Damn this free flow of information that makes people responsible for their own actions! Dammit I say!


No, this probably would have been shrugged off as a very drunk guy in a purple wizard hat saying something stupid. The most attention it would have gotten would be 'trolls gonna troll' and business would have continued as usual. No one would have remembered this a week from now.


You appear to have missed the 'what actually happened' bit out of your story of 'what would have happened if what actually happened didn't happen'. None of this would have happened if the Mittani had not made the guy's details public. None of it. the buck very clearly stops there and trying to say that the real problem is the fact that people then talked about the horrible (his word) things he had done is disingenuous at best and enormously self-deceptive at worst.

And then you leave out that those "details" were his name and that he has a corp in EVE. Stop the presses, what a scoop.
Fenris Deka
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#1424 - 2012-03-27 09:40:53 UTC
ExhumeToConsume wrote:
Fenris Deka wrote:
Kara, none of this would have happened had CCP actually enforced a sober panel.


Sobriety tests for all participants!


I actually like the informal panels, drunkards and all.
Xander Riggs
Federal Navy Historical Society
#1425 - 2012-03-27 09:41:43 UTC
Fenris Deka wrote:
Kara Roideater wrote:
Xander Riggs wrote:
Kara Roideater wrote:
David Cedarbridge wrote:
This is probably as good a time as any to point out. Any "bad press" that comes out of this, the community brought upon themselves. It is you, the Eve--0 badposter who is bringing upon EVE: The Game About Internet Spaceships all of this bad press as a part of a witch hunt where the only person who should care, really doesn't. Good work on the effort you put into sinking your own ship guys.


Yes. Any reporting of the Mitanni's actions is clearly not at all the fault of the person who carried out said actions. Also, the bad feelings aroused by the Murdoch press hacking phones is entirely due to the newspaper that broke the story. After all, those people wouldn't feel bad if they didn't know their phones were being hacked. Damn this free flow of information that makes people responsible for their own actions! Dammit I say!


No, this probably would have been shrugged off as a very drunk guy in a purple wizard hat saying something stupid. The most attention it would have gotten would be 'trolls gonna troll' and business would have continued as usual. No one would have remembered this a week from now.


You appear to have missed the 'what actually happened' bit out of your story of 'what would have happened if what actually happened didn't happen'. None of this would have happened if the Mittani had not made the guy's details public. None of it. the buck very clearly stops there and trying to say that the real problem is the fact that people then talked about the horrible (his word) things he had done is disingenuous at best and enormously self-deceptive at worst.


Kara, none of this would have happened had CCP actually enforced a sober panel.

None of this would have happened if CCP had it properly Moderated, which they did not.



There's also that. We've got CCP handing out handles of jack to every second guest and all the panelists and we get shocked when someone says something off the cuff that turned out to be bad. While not representing the CSM, mind you, but representing the goons.

"A man with a drone-boat has nothing but time on his hands."

Galphii
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1426 - 2012-03-27 09:42:49 UTC
As chair of the CSM, you clearly have a certain 'presence' that goes beyond a regular player, and as such, you might want to watch you're intake next time Blink

Your OP strikes me as very genuine, and as long as the offended individual is good with it, everyone else should be too. It takes a big man to admit his mistakes, and you've done just that. Carry on, sir!

"Wow, that internet argument completely changed my fundamental belief system," said no one, ever.

Liang Nuren
No Salvation
#1427 - 2012-03-27 09:43:43 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
Shinrea wrote:
One thing people need to take into account, he made a mistake we all have.

He has admitted his mistake and apologised.

The miner in question is alive and well, playing eve as normal.

If he was to resign it would cause far more damage than currently, as The Mittani is a major part of the CSM.

+1 to apology and you have my support Mittani.

Shinrea

So this sort of behavior is ok if you:
1) Apologizes
2) The person doesn't kill them selves
3) You are a member of the CSM

So where do we draw the line? You can do this as long as you apologize before the person dies? Do you have to be a member of the CSM, or is a CEO of a major corp good enough?

He acted in real life and brought bad press to CCP just before DUST 514 launches, it's bad for business and it's bad for the game.


The behavior wasn't ok - that's why he apologized. However, you seem to be trying to build some kind of legal case and that's just not going to fly. Cyber bullying laws just do not work that way - the only way anyone's been convicted of anything has been through literal hacking of someone else's Facebook account. And even that got overturned.

-Liang

I'm an idiot, don't mind me.

Shinrea
Utama Incorporated
Astral Battles
#1428 - 2012-03-27 09:44:00 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
Shinrea wrote:
One thing people need to take into account, he made a mistake we all have.

He has admitted his mistake and apologised.

The miner in question is alive and well, playing eve as normal.

If he was to resign it would cause far more damage than currently, as The Mittani is a major part of the CSM.

+1 to apology and you have my support Mittani.

Shinrea

So this sort of behavior is ok if you:
1) Apologizes
2) The person doesn't kill them selves
3) You are a member of the CSM

So where do we draw the line? You can do this as long as you apologize before the person dies? Do you have to be a member of the CSM, or is a CEO of a major corp good enough?

He acted in real life and brought bad press to CCP just before DUST 514 launches, it's bad for business and it's bad for the game.



Firstly, if everyone got prosecuted for every mistake that was made, life would breakdown to anarchy.

Secondly as many people have sourced above, the miner has not commited suicide, does not appear to hardbour any ill-thoughts about himself or The Mittani.

Lastly people [Including you] is that last year during CCP's troubled times, The Mittani and others in the CSM put their personal and professional lives on hold to help CCP fix a game, this charitable event was done for the playerbase [yes thats you]. I think that he has easily proven himself to care about the game and its players.

Shirnea
Fenris Deka
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#1429 - 2012-03-27 09:44:34 UTC
Kara Roideater wrote:
Fenris Deka wrote:


Kara, none of this would have happened had CCP actually enforced a sober panel.

None of this would have happened if CCP had it properly Moderated, which they did not.



That's just another attempt to shift responsibility from the primary agent in this mess. You blame the people that discuss the Mittani's actions. You blame the people that failed to moderate him. Could you please direct me to the post where you blame him over and above all these outliers?


Oh, what he said was wrong sure. I probably would have said the same damn thing if I were in his shoes and drunk like he was.

Sure, I blame CCP because they are ultimately responsible for it, because the panel happened on their property and in their building. They didn't do the responsible thing here, and they should be rightfully blamed. Mittani is to blame, we all pretty much know this, but those calling for him to step down from CSM are just plain morons and those are the people we are focusing on, because they have no idea what they are talking about.

CSM has nothing to do with this. Mittens is a public voice, sure, but so is mine, and so is yours Kara, does that mean whatever stupid thing you post should have you fired from your job? I think not, because your posts in Eve have nothing to do with your job. The same can be said about MIttens and the CSM.
Sentinel Mantik
Second Star
Cheese Party
#1430 - 2012-03-27 09:46:17 UTC
Avila Cracko wrote:
Morphisat wrote:
Sentinel Mantik wrote:
I can't believe what is happening here...

As a person, I count the action of appologice from The Mittani. He may made the mistake to call out the name of the scam-victim CHAR, but he was drunk. I personaly normaly won't drink alkohol, especialy when i have to make a presentation (even if it is trolling at all) but i often see people do such things while they're drunk.
The char-name maybe could be changed... no one knows the real name of the player behind the char.

The facts I count:

- Mittens did a great Job as CSM 6 Chairmen
- over 10.000 people voted him for CSM 7
- Mittens made a mistake while drunk by calling the name
- Mittens apologiced for what he has done

I defenetly won't let one mistake be the turningpoint.

Who of you ever was so drunk that you said something that you wont have sad otherwise? Those please throw the first stone...


By this logic, every thing you do while drunk can be excused. What a load of crap. Evil



So when you cheat your wife while you drunk she only say "nothing until you say sorry"??? RollRollRoll


Sorry, but i don't wanted to point that alcohol excuses anything. It's just the point that if you know that some part of you is able to do such stupid things you should stay away from alcohol, especialy while in public.

To cheat my wife and call out a fictional name is quite a difference. At least i first need a wife to cheat... And as I said, if i know i am able to do such things while drunk, i would stay away from alcohol. I know i get verry aggresive when drunk, so i always stay away from alcohol. Thats my way to deal with it.

so please respect my thinking as i respect yours. Stay calm till CCP decides what has to be done.

Minmatar 4 life

German player.

Seleia O'Sinnor
Drop of Honey
#1431 - 2012-03-27 09:46:24 UTC
A good and the only acceptable move.

Still I think you should resign as space politician. This is where real life connects with Eve Online.

Odyssey: Repacking in POS hangars for modules +1,  but please for other stuff too, especially containers. Make containers openable in POS hangars.

Josef Djugashvilis
#1432 - 2012-03-27 09:46:35 UTC
If the person to whom mittens made his fulsome apology and reparations is satisfied and does not wish to pursue it further, then it should be the end of the matter, and we can all move on to whatever is the next big forum story.

This is not a signature.

Sasha Azala
Doomheim
#1433 - 2012-03-27 09:46:52 UTC
Fenris Deka wrote:
Kara, none of this would have happened had CCP actually enforced a sober panel.

None of this would have happened if CCP had it properly Moderated, which they did not.




I agree, CCP share some of the responsibility.

I guess they wanted to capture the mood of the Fanfest, which they did but at a high cost.
Akrasjel Lanate
Lanate Industries
#1434 - 2012-03-27 09:48:00 UTC
Rico Minali wrote:
Akrasjel Lanate wrote:
Didn't know Mittani is a roleplayer Straight


like it or not we are all roleplaying. Or are you a real spaceship captain? If so, my apologies.


What?

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude

David Cedarbridge
Merch Industrial
Goonswarm Federation
#1435 - 2012-03-27 09:48:39 UTC
Kara Roideater wrote:
David Cedarbridge wrote:
I don't know how it is you think these events started or what your imagination is telling you about how this whole thing unfolded, but it certainly wasn't CFC members posting notices to Escapist and Massively about how horrible this guy was made fun of for claiming to be suicidal.


I know, right? You guys just mocked him on your own private forums amongst a select group of about 8000 people. And then your leader broadcast the details in public. And then called on other people to harass him.

Kings among men, truly you are kings among men.


Personally, yeah, I find the idea that somebody is so attached to their space pixels that they would write a message threatening suicide over them rather amusing in a "this guy can't really be serious" way. You might be shocked, but your morals are not the morals of those around you and (shock incoming) they aren't superior to those of others simply because they're yours. Mittens presented it to the general public to also consider the sorts of tear laden mails that we get all the time. This one was exceptionally noteworthy so it got notice in the presentation. If this causes you some sort of personal harm, when it doesn't do a thing to the guy who wrote the damn thing, I think you might have too much time on your hands. I know I don't have that sort of time to burn worrying about what somebody else (who clearly doesn't give a ****) could have thought about something they don't care about.
Kaivar Lancer
Doomheim
#1436 - 2012-03-27 09:49:03 UTC
Well it's good that the Matini apologised. I'm not sure if it's been forced by CCP though. I'm getting the hunch that CCP forced his hand in exchange for leniency. I won't be surprised if the Matini keeps his CSM position. Words are cheap. CCP will prove its integrity over the coming days.
Fenris Deka
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#1437 - 2012-03-27 09:50:27 UTC
Seleia O'Sinnor wrote:
A good and the only acceptable move.

Still I think you should resign as space politician. This is where real life connects with Eve Online.


This situation had nothing to do with CSM, therefore, nothing should happen to Mittens in that regard. Had Mittani said this at a meeting of the CSM, then yes I would think he should resign, but that is not the case.

Here is an example:

Lets say you get drunk, state to a friend who then posts this online, that your job sucks and you hate it. Your boss sees it, then fires you because of it. Would you not be irate and not want to be fired because of it? Of course. You'd argue they used your personal life against you, firing you and it had nothing to do with your actual job performance.

Archdaimon
Merchants of the Golden Goose
#1438 - 2012-03-27 09:50:52 UTC
Well written defense. Lets keep him around a bit longer shall we?

Wormholes have the best accoustics. It's known. - Sing it for me -

Townsend Harris
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1439 - 2012-03-27 09:50:56 UTC
I'm wondering if the amount of bad posting and mad in this thread can condense into a singularity and suck the whole internets into the crap storm in a tea cup that this 'issue' has turned into....
GO WATCH KONY 2012 YOU ANGRY ANGRY NERDS!
Kai Tel
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1440 - 2012-03-27 09:51:52 UTC
I wish I had voted for Mintchip. You know? LOL.