These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

My Apology

First post First post
Author
Sirion Fujiwara
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#4821 - 2012-04-02 16:21:37 UTC
Richard Aiel wrote:
Kara Roideater wrote:
The Mittani wrote:

The theme of this year's Goonswarm Alliance presentation is going to be Goonswarm hates you - and basically just talk about each different little aspect of demographic of eve of how much we hate them and want them all to die and kill themselves. Like highsec miners, we want them to kill themselves; people who role-play, we want them to kill themselves; people with Titans, we want them to kill themselves. There's just a whole host of people I hope to really offend by telling them to commit suicide while on stage in front of thousands of nerds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTRQ05Bqq_E c. 7.00 to 7.40. Source uploaded to Youtube 27th January 2012


NICE I love all the times he says "we want them to kill themselves". shows some true remorse there



Lol. Yeah. Talk about being outed, after his phoney contrition and fake apologies. Hilarious.
The guy is a pathological liar - in character as well as out of character.
Elsebeth Rhiannon
SoE Roughriders
Electus Matari
#4822 - 2012-04-02 16:26:13 UTC
Terrorfrodo wrote:
"Go kill yourself" is a frequent insult, especially in EVE, and nobody cares.

A lot of us actually do care, and would rather people did not use that sort of language.

Kindly don't make claims that "nobody" cares when it is actually just you and your permanently adolescent peer group, who think that the more people someone offends, the cooler they are. 10k votes is something like 4 % of possible votes, I believe...
Richard Hammond II
Doomheim
#4823 - 2012-04-02 16:28:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Richard Hammond II
Sirion Fujiwara wrote:



Lol. Yeah. Talk about being outed, after his phoney contrition and fake apologies. Hilarious.
The guy is a pathological liar - in character as well as out of character.


"well he WAS a lawyer and IS a politician"

--typical response

Elsebeth Rhiannon wrote:
Terrorfrodo wrote:
"Go kill yourself" is a frequent insult, especially in EVE, and nobody cares.

A lot of us actually do care, and would rather people did not use that sort of language.

Kindly don't make claims that "nobody" cares when it is actually just you and your permanently adolescent peer group, who think that the more people someone offends, the cooler they are. 10k votes is something like 4 % of possible votes, I believe...


And that typical keyboard, internet bravado. You arent going to express such views within arms length of anyone. And please, no internet bravado that you would

Goons; infiltration at its best - first bob... now ccp itself. They dont realize you guys dot take this as "just a game". Bring it down guys, we're rooting for you.

RogueMind
KnightHammer Industries
#4824 - 2012-04-02 16:28:41 UTC
Terrorfrodo wrote:
"Go kill yourself" is a frequent insult, especially in EVE, and nobody cares. It means nothing.


It only means something right now because it gives anyone done-in by Goons more ammo.
Just wait for Jitageddon.
The tears, low blows, and accusations from them will be amazing.

Twil Akachi
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#4825 - 2012-04-02 16:33:39 UTC
Elsebeth Rhiannon wrote:
Terrorfrodo wrote:
"Go kill yourself" is a frequent insult, especially in EVE, and nobody cares.

A lot of us actually do care, and would rather people did not use that sort of language.

Kindly don't make claims that "nobody" cares when it is actually just you and your permanently adolescent peer group, who think that the more people someone offends, the cooler they are. 10k votes is something like 4 % of possible votes, I believe...

You care about language used in reference to a video game. Get over yourself.
Kara Roideater
#4826 - 2012-04-02 16:40:54 UTC
Twil Akachi wrote:
Elsebeth Rhiannon wrote:
Terrorfrodo wrote:
"Go kill yourself" is a frequent insult, especially in EVE, and nobody cares.

A lot of us actually do care, and would rather people did not use that sort of language.

Kindly don't make claims that "nobody" cares when it is actually just you and your permanently adolescent peer group, who think that the more people someone offends, the cooler they are. 10k votes is something like 4 % of possible votes, I believe...

You care about language used in reference to a video game. Get over yourself.


People in video games are .... people!

stoicfaux
#4827 - 2012-04-02 16:41:31 UTC
Kara Roideater wrote:
The Mittani wrote:

The theme of this year's Goonswarm Alliance presentation is going to be Goonswarm hates you - and basically just talk about each different little aspect of demographic of eve of how much we hate them and want them all to die and kill themselves. Like highsec miners, we want them to kill themselves; people who role-play, we want them to kill themselves; people with Titans, we want them to kill themselves. There's just a whole host of people I hope to really offend by telling them to commit suicide while on stage in front of thousands of nerds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTRQ05Bqq_E c. 7.00 to 7.40. Source uploaded to Youtube 27th January 2012

Non-issue. It's all about context. The audio is about a "humorous" theme. (Tacky and tasteless, but "humorous.")

Fanfest was "let's deliberately encourage a potentially unstable individual into suicide" which is serious and irresponsible.

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Twil Akachi
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#4828 - 2012-04-02 16:42:57 UTC
Kara Roideater wrote:
Twil Akachi wrote:
Elsebeth Rhiannon wrote:
Terrorfrodo wrote:
"Go kill yourself" is a frequent insult, especially in EVE, and nobody cares.

A lot of us actually do care, and would rather people did not use that sort of language.

Kindly don't make claims that "nobody" cares when it is actually just you and your permanently adolescent peer group, who think that the more people someone offends, the cooler they are. 10k votes is something like 4 % of possible votes, I believe...

You care about language used in reference to a video game. Get over yourself.


People in video games are .... people!


Debatable.
Baellis
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4829 - 2012-04-02 16:49:47 UTC
Thanks for having the Guts to stand up and Appologize, i give you props for that, i do have one suggestion, i know fanfest is a blast when you are drunk as hell, but i think it would be better if u started drinking after your presentation. just a thought
Avila Cracko
#4830 - 2012-04-02 16:50:40 UTC
Sirion Fujiwara wrote:
Richard Aiel wrote:
Kara Roideater wrote:
The Mittani wrote:

The theme of this year's Goonswarm Alliance presentation is going to be Goonswarm hates you - and basically just talk about each different little aspect of demographic of eve of how much we hate them and want them all to die and kill themselves. Like highsec miners, we want them to kill themselves; people who role-play, we want them to kill themselves; people with Titans, we want them to kill themselves. There's just a whole host of people I hope to really offend by telling them to commit suicide while on stage in front of thousands of nerds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTRQ05Bqq_E c. 7.00 to 7.40. Source uploaded to Youtube 27th January 2012


NICE I love all the times he says "we want them to kill themselves". shows some true remorse there



Lol. Yeah. Talk about being outed, after his phoney contrition and fake apologies. Hilarious.
The guy is a pathological liar - in character as well as out of character.


I love to hear a word "suicide" Roll

truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Kara Roideater
#4831 - 2012-04-02 16:53:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Kara Roideater
stoicfaux wrote:
Kara Roideater wrote:
The Mittani wrote:

The theme of this year's Goonswarm Alliance presentation is going to be Goonswarm hates you - and basically just talk about each different little aspect of demographic of eve of how much we hate them and want them all to die and kill themselves. Like highsec miners, we want them to kill themselves; people who role-play, we want them to kill themselves; people with Titans, we want them to kill themselves. There's just a whole host of people I hope to really offend by telling them to commit suicide while on stage in front of thousands of nerds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTRQ05Bqq_E c. 7.00 to 7.40. Source uploaded to Youtube 27th January 2012

Non-issue. It's all about context. The audio is about a "humorous" theme. (Tacky and tasteless, but "humorous.")

Fanfest was "let's deliberately encourage a potentially unstable individual into suicide" which is serious and irresponsible.


I'm not suggesting the video is evidence of premeditation. However, I think it's damn good evidence of the problematic state of mind that manifested itself at fanfest, a state of mind where you deliberately aim to offend people by saying things that are transgressive and edgy but then fail to remember exactly why society considers such comments transgressive in the first place. If you get used to the idea that there is just nothing really wrong with the language of calling for someone's suicide you have put youself in a psychological place where it is going to be VERY VERY difficult to police when it really is DEFINITELY inappropriate to use such language. What was said at Fanfest was meant to be humourous as well.
Nylith Empyreal
Blood Marauders
#4832 - 2012-04-02 16:53:35 UTC
Twil Akachi wrote:
Kara Roideater wrote:
Twil Akachi wrote:
Elsebeth Rhiannon wrote:
Terrorfrodo wrote:
"Go kill yourself" is a frequent insult, especially in EVE, and nobody cares.

A lot of us actually do care, and would rather people did not use that sort of language.

Kindly don't make claims that "nobody" cares when it is actually just you and your permanently adolescent peer group, who think that the more people someone offends, the cooler they are. 10k votes is something like 4 % of possible votes, I believe...

You care about language used in reference to a video game. Get over yourself.


People in video games are .... people!


Debatable.


Indeed, no human could be this cruel to one another.

Who's the more foolish the fool or the fool who replies to him?

oldbutfeelingyoung
Perkone
Caldari State
#4833 - 2012-04-02 17:03:00 UTC
Terrorfrodo wrote:
"Go kill yourself" is a frequent insult, especially in EVE, and nobody cares. It means nothing. I am neither surprised nor shocked that a CCP employee may have heard it and did nothing. He had probably completely forgotten about it five minutes later. I would have.

But this whole phony outrage over nothing seems to go on forever. The only truly outrageous thing that happened is that Mittani was thrown under the bus by CCP.




I believe Mittani walked under a bus .

R.S.I2014

oldbutfeelingyoung
Perkone
Caldari State
#4834 - 2012-04-02 17:03:38 UTC
Jita Alt666 wrote:
Trolls be a trolling the trolls who think they be a trolling.



you are trolling ,right?

R.S.I2014

Vertisce Soritenshi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4835 - 2012-04-02 17:05:10 UTC
Any chance of this entire topic just dying out any time soon? ****...as much as I love to hate on Goons and especially Mittani, this is just getting old. Nobody is going to change opinions in this thread. That much is clear. If God himself came down and made a declaration one way or the other, everybody would still firmly believe whatever they want.

Bounties for all! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2279821#post2279821

Hamshoe
Doomheim
#4836 - 2012-04-02 17:07:52 UTC
oldbutfeelingyoung wrote:
Terrorfrodo wrote:
"Go kill yourself" is a frequent insult, especially in EVE, and nobody cares. It means nothing. I am neither surprised nor shocked that a CCP employee may have heard it and did nothing. He had probably completely forgotten about it five minutes later. I would have.

But this whole phony outrage over nothing seems to go on forever. The only truly outrageous thing that happened is that Mittani was thrown under the bus by CCP.




I believe Mittani walked under a bus .


Thrown under a bus, kicked off a cliff, and then nailed to a cross. Just ask him.

But don't worry, he understands how angry you are about what happened to him.
Twil Akachi
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#4837 - 2012-04-02 17:08:43 UTC
Vertisce Soritenshi wrote:
Any chance of this entire topic just dying out any time soon? ****...as much as I love to hate on Goons and especially Mittani, this is just getting old. Nobody is going to change opinions in this thread. That much is clear. If God himself came down and made a declaration one way or the other, everybody would still firmly believe whatever they want.

I'd like to keep it going if for no other reason that to continually point out how completely unhinged pinkoperator is.
oldbutfeelingyoung
Perkone
Caldari State
#4838 - 2012-04-02 17:22:02 UTC
Hamshoe wrote:
oldbutfeelingyoung wrote:
Terrorfrodo wrote:
"Go kill yourself" is a frequent insult, especially in EVE, and nobody cares. It means nothing. I am neither surprised nor shocked that a CCP employee may have heard it and did nothing. He had probably completely forgotten about it five minutes later. I would have.

But this whole phony outrage over nothing seems to go on forever. The only truly outrageous thing that happened is that Mittani was thrown under the bus by CCP.




I believe Mittani walked under a bus .


Thrown under a bus, kicked off a cliff, and then nailed to a cross. Just ask him.

But don't worry, he understands how angry you are about what happened to him.



I don,t care about the Mittani and i don,t care about the Goonies
But i did see the fanfest videos .
Never saw a ccp dev putting a piece of paper in his hand just before he said the things this community is so mad about.
He alone is responsible for what he decides to say at a place as fanfest.
Nobodyis throwing him under a bus.
He started the bus ,drove the bus and jumped through the windshield ,to get under the bus

R.S.I2014

Elsebeth Rhiannon
SoE Roughriders
Electus Matari
#4839 - 2012-04-02 17:26:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Elsebeth Rhiannon
Richard Hammond II wrote:
Elsebeth Rhiannon wrote:

Kindly don't make claims that "nobody" cares when it is actually just you and your permanently adolescent peer group, who think that the more people someone offends, the cooler they are. 10k votes is something like 4 % of possible votes, I believe...


And that typical keyboard, internet bravado. You arent going to express such views within arms length of anyone. And please, no internet bravado that you would

I would go on stage at Fanfest and say the same. Blink

But you are right, I might not express such opinions within arms length of a mob of said permanently adolescent wannabe thugs, if I was not in a place where I did not count on people to interfere on the behalf of my physical safety.

I believe that says more about the behavior the mob has presented so far than of myself, though. Unfortunately my experience shows that mobs who use verbal bullying excessively will also resort to physical violence if provoked enough. Same problem as in this whole mess: encourage people to be mean, and they will not stop at the limit you think defines sanity.
Elsebeth Rhiannon
SoE Roughriders
Electus Matari
#4840 - 2012-04-02 17:28:27 UTC
Twil Akachi wrote:
Elsebeth Rhiannon wrote:
Terrorfrodo wrote:
"Go kill yourself" is a frequent insult, especially in EVE, and nobody cares.

A lot of us actually do care, and would rather people did not use that sort of language.

Kindly don't make claims that "nobody" cares when it is actually just you and your permanently adolescent peer group, who think that the more people someone offends, the cooler they are. 10k votes is something like 4 % of possible votes, I believe...

You care about language used in reference to a video game. Get over yourself.

Yes I do and yes others do too. People in videogames are actual people. Get over yourself.