These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

My Apology

First post First post
Author
Xander Riggs
Slamtown Federation
#4101 - 2012-03-28 21:27:44 UTC
Lilyanne Johnson wrote:
to all you people who laugh and love what your fearless leader said while he was drunk off his ass and say it's okay because he was drunk when he said
then you're all saying it's okay when one of you is drunk off their butts in real life and gets in a car and plow into innocent civilians and kill them because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. or better yet, it's okay for someone else to be drunk and do it to one of your loved ones then, too
That's what you're all saying by laughing at your leader because he was drunk, whether it was fanfest and eve is just a game, it's okay for him to do that. BULLSHET!!!
you all need to wake up and smell the ugly roses because that's what you're agreeing to basically
I don't want to hear or smell any of your snide remarks, game or not, he had no right to say that
and giving him 10 billion isk for destroying his fleet of mackinaws is a suckup and begging for forgiveness. how many people have you goonies scammed out of their hard earned isk and I don't give a damn real money or not, game or not? that person worked for it and you robbed them of it
By the way, alcohol brings out the true side of a person, so if you act like this when you're drunk, then you're that way in real life
you scam and rob people blind in game, you do it in real life to someone else.
nice people don't become scumbags and lowlifes in a game if they're not in it real life.
so you want to make it up mittens? have your people pay back all the people you scammed through the years and give them interest, too. give them back their isk and ships they paid for and you never gave to them then go meet them in null sec and fight like a real warrior and beat them at their game
and to all the members who were on stage with mittens also drunk off their asses, your justice is coming later.
long live PL/Raiden/NCDOT

btw, I am a main because I don't care for the trash in CFC especially mittens buddies on stage, eh, Mikey Bolton and DNS Black? lmao. Have another jaigerbomb on me, Black and I hope Detroit doesn't gain another 25% unemployment. all you drunk clowns on stage will get your justice in REAL LIFE for laughing at mittens comments. I'll put up with your spy alts you have in my DCM corp. EvilTwisted
and I'm not mad bro, but you're gfs and wives are suckers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


You sound pretty mad.

"A man with a drone-boat has nothing but time on his hands."

DelightSucker
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#4102 - 2012-03-28 21:28:24 UTC
Lenrir Andven wrote:
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=88008

There, i think we all should chill now.


Despite hes effort to chill ppl whit this, its not enough. he have caused to much damage already to eve and CCP from hes action and he should resign completely and not just as Chair.

This is a weak move and means nothing if he stays on the CSM and if CCP allow him they show there true color, and its not pretty.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#4103 - 2012-03-28 21:28:40 UTC
Lilyanne Johnson wrote:
to all you people who laugh and love what your fearless leader said while he was drunk off his ass and say it's okay because he was drunk when he said
then you're all saying it's okay when one of you is drunk off their butts in real life and gets in a car and plow into innocent civilians and kill them because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time.



Ok the level of stupid just hit republican levels.
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#4104 - 2012-03-28 21:29:00 UTC
Prince Kobol wrote:
Ai Shun wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:
Prince, that's actually fairly disturbing.

How much of a stretch is it to realize that either you or I could lose our temper some day and say something hurtful on a forum/tweet/facebook page.

I wonder how many catty remarks our teenage daughters and sons have made online in an arguement with someone.

Cyber Bullying, an organized and relentless attempt to harrass someone online is one thing. A single tweet is something else entirely.

Must have been a dozy.


A football player collapsed during a game. Some 21 year old kid without the basic social inhibitors posted a series of tweets that seem remarkably familiar looking over this thread. (Apologies, the link that came in from my regular feed for the tweets was from Huffington Post) I believe he was given a jail sentence of 21 days.


56 days.


Inciting a riot, yeah I can see that one.

Making racist comments, I honestly didn't think that was illegal anywhere... although I realize freedom of speech is not a universal constant. If someone is stupid enough to make public their lack of intelligence by voicing such rubbish, so be it. They should be prepared for the social backlash... but it being against the law to express your point of view (no matter how uneducated) is a bit much.

Then again, I didin't see the tweets so perhaps there is something more directly damaging involved I am unaware of.

At least I hope so.


View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Blatant Forum Alt
Doomheim
#4105 - 2012-03-28 21:29:21 UTC
Lilyanne Johnson wrote:
Wall of Test

Have you heard of punctuation, or paragraph structure?
Alexandra Alt
Doomheim
#4106 - 2012-03-28 21:30:44 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:


Inciting a riot, yeah I can see that one.

Making racist comments, I honestly didn't think that was illegal anywhere... although I realize freedom of speech is not a universal constant. If someone is stupid enough to make public their lack of intelligence by voicing such rubbish, so be it. They should be prepared for the social backlash... but it being against the law to express your point of view (no matter how uneducated) is a bit much.

Then again, I didin't see the tweets so perhaps there is something more directly damaging involved I am unaware of.

At least I hope so.




Freedom of speech allows you to say what you pretty much want, it doesn't relieve you though of responsibilities over what you said, 2 different things.
Blatant Forum Alt
Doomheim
#4107 - 2012-03-28 21:31:31 UTC
DelightSucker wrote:
Lenrir Andven wrote:
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=88008

There, i think we all should chill now.


Despite hes effort to chill ppl whit this, its not enough. he have caused to much damage already to eve and CCP from hes action and he should resign completely and not just as Chair.

This is a weak move and means nothing if he stays on the CSM and if CCP allow him they show there true color, and its not pretty.


Yes, because obviously CCP should listen to two dozen forum warriors more than the 10k people who voted for mittens.
Steamgrind Meatroller
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#4108 - 2012-03-28 21:33:17 UTC
Lilyanne Johnson wrote:
to all you people who laugh and love what your fearless leader said while he was drunk off his ass and say it's okay because he was drunk when he said
then you're all saying it's okay when one of you is drunk off their butts in real life and gets in a car and plow into innocent civilians and kill them because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. or better yet, it's okay for someone else to be drunk and do it to one of your loved ones then, too
That's what you're all saying by laughing at your leader because he was drunk, whether it was fanfest and eve is just a game, it's okay for him to do that. BULLSHET!!!
you all need to wake up and smell the ugly roses because that's what you're agreeing to basically
I don't want to hear or smell any of your snide remarks, game or not, he had no right to say that
and giving him 10 billion isk for destroying his fleet of mackinaws is a suckup and begging for forgiveness. how many people have you goonies scammed out of their hard earned isk and I don't give a damn real money or not, game or not? that person worked for it and you robbed them of it
By the way, alcohol brings out the true side of a person, so if you act like this when you're drunk, then you're that way in real life
you scam and rob people blind in game, you do it in real life to someone else.
nice people don't become scumbags and lowlifes in a game if they're not in it real life.
so you want to make it up mittens? have your people pay back all the people you scammed through the years and give them interest, too. give them back their isk and ships they paid for and you never gave to them then go meet them in null sec and fight like a real warrior and beat them at their game
and to all the members who were on stage with mittens also drunk off their asses, your justice is coming later.
long live PL/Raiden/NCDOT

btw, I am a main because I don't care for the trash in CFC especially mittens buddies on stage, eh, Mikey Bolton and DNS Black? lmao. Have another jaigerbomb on me, Black and I hope Detroit doesn't gain another 25% unemployment. all you drunk clowns on stage will get your justice in REAL LIFE for laughing at mittens comments. I'll put up with your spy alts you have in my DCM corp. EvilTwisted
and I'm not mad bro, but you're gfs and wives are suckers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Confirming that it's okay.
Ai Shun
#4109 - 2012-03-28 21:33:29 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
Inciting a riot, yeah I can see that one.

Making racist comments, I honestly didn't think that was illegal anywhere... although I realize freedom of speech is not a universal constant. If someone is stupid enough to make public their lack of intelligence by voicing such rubbish, so be it. They should be prepared for the social backlash... but it being against the law to express your point of view (no matter how uneducated) is a bit much.

Then again, I didin't see the tweets so perhaps there is something more directly damaging involved I am unaware of.

At least I hope so.


I am not from the United States, so I may be wrong here. But is the Freedom of Speech enshrined in the constitution not there to protect people who criticise the government? It should have no bearing on the rubbish people sprout; that is up to society.
OfBalance
Caldari State
#4110 - 2012-03-28 21:33:51 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Lilyanne Johnson wrote:
to all you people who laugh and love what your fearless leader said while he was drunk off his ass and say it's okay because he was drunk when he said
then you're all saying it's okay when one of you is drunk off their butts in real life and gets in a car and plow into innocent civilians and kill them because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time.



Ok the level of stupid just hit republican levels.


STOP TWISTING HER WORDS, THAT IS BULLSHIT!

~santorum~
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#4111 - 2012-03-28 21:34:47 UTC
Blatant Forum Alt wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

Who really cares about likes?

You are just smug at the 4 like lead you have over me. Dont deny it.

OK. I won't.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Xander Riggs
Slamtown Federation
#4112 - 2012-03-28 21:35:53 UTC
DelightSucker wrote:
Lenrir Andven wrote:
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=88008

There, i think we all should chill now.


Despite hes effort to chill ppl whit this, its not enough. he have caused to much damage already to eve and CCP from hes action and he should resign completely and not just as Chair.

This is a weak move and means nothing if he stays on the CSM and if CCP allow him they show there true color, and its not pretty.



Please. He hasn't caused an damage. He's a player representative, not the pope. His speech wasn't tied to CCP. They didn't write it for him, and he wasn't representing the CSM. He was a guy saying something stupid, and anyone with a brain will just roll their eyes, call him a dork, and move on, like everyone who was there DID.

The people saying this reflects poorly on CCP amuse me. If he'd have dropped trow and mooned the crowd, would that mean that CCP endorses the Mittani's *******? We say worse to each other on a daily basis. You might consider it a good PR move on CCP's part to crack down on Mittens, but I would consider it highly disingenuous to the players as a whole.


"A man with a drone-boat has nothing but time on his hands."

Prince Kobol
#4113 - 2012-03-28 21:35:57 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:


Inciting a riot, yeah I can see that one.

Making racist comments, I honestly didn't think that was illegal anywhere... although I realize freedom of speech is not a universal constant. If someone is stupid enough to make public their lack of intelligence by voicing such rubbish, so be it. They should be prepared for the social backlash... but it being against the law to express your point of view (no matter how uneducated) is a bit much.

Then again, I didin't see the tweets so perhaps there is something more directly damaging involved I am unaware of.

At least I hope so.




He twited

"LOL , **** Muamba. He’s dead!!! #haha"
he then responded to various people who tweeted back in disgust with some pretty vile stuff.

Again, he was also blind drunk at the time he was tweeting.

Also he was reported to the police by one of the people who had responded to his tweet.

He was charged and found guilty of a racially-aggravated public order offence to incite violence and will spend up to 56 days behind bars




JTK Fotheringham
Ducks in Outer Space
#4114 - 2012-03-28 21:36:30 UTC  |  Edited by: JTK Fotheringham
Ranger 1 wrote:


How much of a stretch is it to realize that either you or I could lose our temper some day and say something hurtful on a forum/tweet/facebook page.

Cyber Bullying, an organized and relentless attempt to harrass someone online is one thing. A single tweet is something else entirely.

Must have been a dozy.


It was a series of Tweets, all racially motivated, about a footballer who collapsed of heart failure during a premier league football match. Really sad.

What Alex did at Fanfest isn't in the same league - you see what I did there? Cool

To be honest, it wasn't a sustained bullying attack. The problem isn't just what he said (effectively the same or worse has been said in these two threadnaughts of ours!), it's where he said it, and who he is saying it. It's a PR problem, not an EULA problem. That's why the outcome will not be a ban from the game, but likely a removal (either by resignation, a CSM vote if that's even within their powers or some CCP action to bar him) from the CSM platform.
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#4115 - 2012-03-28 21:37:52 UTC
... and so it ends.

Fun while it lasted. Smile

I figured he'd decide to step down, just glad it didn't go to beyond that.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Nylith Empyreal
Blood Marauders
#4116 - 2012-03-28 21:38:02 UTC
JTK Fotheringham wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:


How much of a stretch is it to realize that either you or I could lose our temper some day and say something hurtful on a forum/tweet/facebook page.

Cyber Bullying, an organized and relentless attempt to harrass someone online is one thing. A single tweet is something else entirely.

Must have been a dozy.


It was a series of Tweets, all racially motivated, about a footballer who collapsed of heart failure during a premier league football match. Really sad.

What Alex did at Fanfest isn't in the same league - you see what I did there? Cool

To be honest, it wasn't a sustained bullying attack. The problem isn't just what he said (effectively the same or worse has been said in these two threadnaughts of ours!), it's where he said it, and who he is saying it. It's a PR problem, not an EULA problem. That's why the outcome will not be a ban from the game, but likely a removal (either by resignation, a CSM vote if that's even within their powers or some CCP action to bar him).


He's already said he is resigning in jita's speaker corner. Check it.

Who's the more foolish the fool or the fool who replies to him?

Sasha Azala
Doomheim
#4117 - 2012-03-28 21:38:49 UTC
Blatant Forum Alt wrote:
DelightSucker wrote:
Lenrir Andven wrote:
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=88008

There, i think we all should chill now.


Despite hes effort to chill ppl whit this, its not enough. he have caused to much damage already to eve and CCP from hes action and he should resign completely and not just as Chair.

This is a weak move and means nothing if he stays on the CSM and if CCP allow him they show there true color, and its not pretty.


Yes, because obviously CCP should listen to two dozen forum warriors more than the 10k people who voted for mittens.




Maybe the answer is to disband the CSM, at least that way we should not end up with this shame again.
Prince Kobol
#4118 - 2012-03-28 21:39:46 UTC
JTK Fotheringham wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:


How much of a stretch is it to realize that either you or I could lose our temper some day and say something hurtful on a forum/tweet/facebook page.

Cyber Bullying, an organized and relentless attempt to harrass someone online is one thing. A single tweet is something else entirely.

Must have been a dozy.


It was a series of Tweets, all racially motivated, about a footballer who collapsed of heart failure during a premier league football match. Really sad.

What Alex did at Fanfest isn't in the same league - you see what I did there? Cool

To be honest, it wasn't a sustained bullying attack. The problem isn't just what he said (effectively the same or worse has been said in these two threadnaughts of ours!), it's where he said it, and who he is saying it. It's a PR problem, not an EULA problem. That's why the outcome will not be a ban from the game, but likely a removal (either by resignation, a CSM vote if that's even within their powers or some CCP action to bar him) from the CSM platform.


Very true, however the 2 guys who stupidly tried to get a riot going whilst drunk with a couple of facebook messages (nobody turned up including the 2 who wrote the messages and absolutely nothing happened) and then without any prompting from anybody deleted the messages and apologised were both jailed for 4 years.

Blatant Forum Alt
Doomheim
#4119 - 2012-03-28 21:40:23 UTC
Prince Kobol wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:


Inciting a riot, yeah I can see that one.

Making racist comments, I honestly didn't think that was illegal anywhere... although I realize freedom of speech is not a universal constant. If someone is stupid enough to make public their lack of intelligence by voicing such rubbish, so be it. They should be prepared for the social backlash... but it being against the law to express your point of view (no matter how uneducated) is a bit much.

Then again, I didin't see the tweets so perhaps there is something more directly damaging involved I am unaware of.

At least I hope so.




He twited

"LOL , **** Muamba. He’s dead!!! #haha"
he then responded to various people who tweeted back in disgust with some pretty vile stuff.

Again, he was also blind drunk at the time he was tweeting.

Also he was reported to the police by one of the people who had responded to his tweet.

He was charged and found guilty of a racially-aggravated public order offence to incite violence and will spend up to 56 days behind bars

And this was at a time where Muamba's heart was not beating. (might have been shortly after they got it started again, but while he was still being kept alive by a machine. Either way, despicable, far, far worse than what Mittens is being accused of.
Xander Riggs
Slamtown Federation
#4120 - 2012-03-28 21:40:32 UTC
Nylith Empyreal wrote:
JTK Fotheringham wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:


How much of a stretch is it to realize that either you or I could lose our temper some day and say something hurtful on a forum/tweet/facebook page.

Cyber Bullying, an organized and relentless attempt to harrass someone online is one thing. A single tweet is something else entirely.

Must have been a dozy.


It was a series of Tweets, all racially motivated, about a footballer who collapsed of heart failure during a premier league football match. Really sad.

What Alex did at Fanfest isn't in the same league - you see what I did there? Cool

To be honest, it wasn't a sustained bullying attack. The problem isn't just what he said (effectively the same or worse has been said in these two threadnaughts of ours!), it's where he said it, and who he is saying it. It's a PR problem, not an EULA problem. That's why the outcome will not be a ban from the game, but likely a removal (either by resignation, a CSM vote if that's even within their powers or some CCP action to bar him).


He's already said he is resigning in jita's speaker corner. Check it.


I am highly disappointed. I WANT an uncensored roustabout on the CSM. His job is to tell it like it is, and I have no trouble thinking Mittens would speak his mind when given the chance. I dont want the CSM to be politicians.

"A man with a drone-boat has nothing but time on his hands."