These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

My Apology

First post First post
Author
Marduk Nibiru
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3401 - 2012-03-28 15:49:57 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:

Something for you to consider, lest the camera ever catch you inadvertantly letting slip with something that could be twisted to make you look like a psycho. I'm pretty sure you know just how easily that can happen.


In my case, they wouldn't have to twist very far.
Rico Minali
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3402 - 2012-03-28 15:49:59 UTC
This guy (Voull) who posted a new thread should now be banned from Eve Online according to all the crying GSF haters out there. Any of you who DO NOT agree with me are proving the point that you are only shouting BECAUSE it is Mittani of GSF that is the target of your affections and not because of what he said. This guys thread is actively encouraging suicide and by your yardstick should be punished.

See below, or look for teh original (insta locked) thread.




Voull Center for Advanced StudiesGallente FederationLikes received: 10
#1 Posted: 2012.03.28 15:44 | Report Like Internet history here, probably predating most of you losers

myg0t has always been, and will always be the true trolling authority. They predate goons by years and pretty much founded the concept of raging others in games. Goons = unoriginal losers.

And Test is just an irrelevant lackey. That is all.

P.S. If you are offended, go lay down face first in a bath tub. Don't worry, when you're wife\gf is crying, I'll comfort her and wipe her tears away with my *****. Oh wait lmao, no one will care when you die

Trust me, I almost know what I'm doing.

Neu Newt
Thunderwaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#3403 - 2012-03-28 15:49:59 UTC
I'm suprised that no one in the 184 some odd pages has pointed this out.

So, unlike the news articles and the spaceship lawyers that have posted up to this point, I actually watched the live stream. Anyone saying this was streamed to thousands I have to ask, how was a frozen image of the slide of the first wormhole guy's presentation about having too much isk for over an hour?

I was hitting refresh, opening in a new browser, and several other methods to re-update the feed and it was stuck on that screen for at least 1 hour 30 minutes. Everyone in jabber I was talking to said the feed was also frozen, and everyone on Facebook under the stream echo'ed this, even HD users.

So how was this broadcasted live? I had to wait 2-3 days later for ccp to post it on youtube to see it. They didn't feel it was worth censoring.

witch-hunt much?

I voted for a bastard on the CSM. As did the 10,058 other people who voted for The Mittani. While the presentation was not funny, CCP if anyone should decide what to do. I see nothing wrong with whats happened, and it's sad The Mittani's enemies tried to make a big spectacle of it and continue to do so, but he's the best thing for the eve players we have, and while I know he personally wants to step down because he feels bad, I hope he realizes he will let over 10k people down by not representing him. That's right. Stay in for us, because we know where YOU stand. Think of the players.

Cailais
The Red Pill Taker Group
#3404 - 2012-03-28 15:50:21 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:


Apparently he has already tried resigning the chair position, but is having trouble finding anyone worth a damn willing to take it from him under the circumstances.


Interesting. It certainly has a certain 'poisoned chalice' character about the position now and arguably the entire CSM is now tainted with the whole incident.

C.
Lapine Davion
Outer Ring Applied Logistics
#3405 - 2012-03-28 15:50:32 UTC
It is generally well known, at least among Goons, that The Mittani is an avid LARPer. And he does get mocked for it.

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]

Marduk Nibiru
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3406 - 2012-03-28 15:51:44 UTC
Cailais wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:


Apparently he has already tried resigning the chair position, but is having trouble finding anyone worth a damn willing to take it from him under the circumstances.


Interesting. It certainly has a certain 'poisoned chalice' character about the position now and arguably the entire CSM is now tainted with the whole incident.

C.


I think that's probably the stupidest thing I've heard in this whole thing. Lady Harlot might beat you by a nose.
Jade Constantine
Jericho Fraction
The Star Fraction
#3407 - 2012-03-28 15:52:18 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
I'm going to have to remind you that all of this only holds water if you believe that his statement was a serious request to drive a man to suicide, instead of a bad drunken joke (in the same vein as the entire presentation that came before) about giving an idiot a hard time.


I believe it was a serious attempt to have somebody harrassed and to misuse the authority and visibility of the CSM chair position.Sure it happened on the alliance panel - but we're seen all the chair for life nonsense and didn't Alexander proclaim himself the "king of space" on that panel which is his code for csm chair?

Ranger 1 wrote:
If we went back over all of the statements and posts that you have made through the years and picked out all of the quips, jabs and amusing insults that we would find there... and spun them out of context to appear as if you were deadly serious in stating them... I don't think you'd like how you ended up looking.


You'd be hard pushed to find me trying to organize mass harrassment of a depressive eve player that much I can tell you. Plenty of forum tears sure enough, but generally my wit is employed against those that have declared themselves well able to take it (usually by getting involved in forum rough and tumbles)

Ranger 1 wrote:
Something for you to consider, lest the camera ever catch you inadvertantly letting slip with something that could be twisted to make you look like a psycho. I'm pretty sure you know just how easily that can happen.


And I also know how it can be avoided. I have worked with media and PR all my adult life and have never yet given a presentation while steaming drunk.

The True Knowledge is that nothing matters that does not matter to you, might does make right and power makes freedom

Giuliano Verti
State War Academy
Caldari State
#3408 - 2012-03-28 15:52:20 UTC
From Mitanni Twitter:

Just landed.
Step one, apologize profusely.
Step two, resign.
Step three, send all my isk to the victim.
Entirely my fault and unacceptable.

Just a friendly reminder

Resign now!
Rodj Blake
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#3409 - 2012-03-28 15:52:21 UTC
Princess Bride wrote:
Most hilarious part of The Mittani's apology: Where he claims he's a roleplayer.

Quote:
It's one thing to play a villain in an online roleplaying game - when I post on these forums or on twitter, I usually do so as 'The Mittani', and do my level best to convince everyone that I'm an unrepentant space villain, as that kind of facade provides an in-game advantage to me and my alliance.


So he's a roleplayer now? And not only in game, but he's roleplaying on the forums too? Oh wait and Twitter as well. ROFL! Anyone who has seen him and other goons continuously mock roleplayers in general snorted milk out their nose when they read that part. Even if they weren't drinking milk at the time.

Can anyone name other Eve players who also roleplay on Twitter?


Everything in Eve is RP. It's good to see that he now agrees with that viewpoint though..

Dolce et decorum est pro Imperium mori

Amity Lane
Lane Family Shell Corp
#3410 - 2012-03-28 15:52:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Amity Lane
Neu Newt wrote:
I'm suprised that no one in the 184 some odd pages has pointed this out.

So, unlike the news articles and the spaceship lawyers that have posted up to this point, I actually watched the live stream. Anyone saying this was streamed to thousands I have to ask, how was a frozen image of the slide of the first wormhole guy's presentation about having too much isk for over an hour?

I was hitting refresh, opening in a new browser, and several other methods to re-update the feed and it was stuck on that screen for at least 1 hour 30 minutes. Everyone in jabber I was talking to said the feed was also frozen, and everyone on Facebook under the stream echo'ed this, even HD users.

So how was this broadcasted live? I had to wait 2-3 days later for ccp to post it on youtube to see it. They didn't feel it was worth censoring.

witch-hunt much?

It froze on the repeat. The original stream was very much intact (I and many other people watched it, and posted about the incident in the little Facebook thingy).
Lt Pizi
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#3411 - 2012-03-28 15:52:29 UTC
Bane Necran wrote:
Apparently Mittani doesn't think it's a big deal, and CCP doesn't care either. So there's nothing stopping anyone from rallying thousands to try and make Mittani kill himself. The important thing is that you just try to get him to kill himself, it's only bad if he actually does kill himself, so you want to stop short of that.

You goons were right all along. We were overreacting. That sort of thing is the coolest, and completely victimless. I understand that now.



oh man think about iit what you just wrote
there are moral borders that should not be crossed, if he punished or not, your parents should told you , if not ask em

Goon Tears are best tears, because they're 25% alcohol by volume!

Nylith Empyreal
Blood Marauders
#3412 - 2012-03-28 15:52:49 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
The irony of all this is the people who are outraged by this are being even bigger bullies than the comment mittens made ever was.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster."

Amazing how many times EVE has reaffirmed this quote.

We're gaining on the wis thread!

Who's the more foolish the fool or the fool who replies to him?

Neu Newt
Thunderwaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#3413 - 2012-03-28 15:55:26 UTC
Amity Lane wrote:
Neu Newt wrote:
I'm suprised that no one in the 184 some odd pages has pointed this out.

So, unlike the news articles and the spaceship lawyers that have posted up to this point, I actually watched the live stream. Anyone saying this was streamed to thousands I have to ask, how was a frozen image of the slide of the first wormhole guy's presentation about having too much isk for over an hour?

I was hitting refresh, opening in a new browser, and several other methods to re-update the feed and it was stuck on that screen for at least 1 hour 30 minutes. Everyone in jabber I was talking to said the feed was also frozen, and everyone on Facebook under the stream echo'ed this, even HD users.

So how was this broadcasted live? I had to wait 2-3 days later for ccp to post it on youtube to see it. They didn't feel it was worth censoring.

witch-hunt much?

It froze on the repeat. The original stream was very much intact (I and many other people watched it, and posted about the incident in the little Facebook thingy).



Odd. I matched the times up to the website because I thought I'd be work but was suprised when I wasn't.
Frying Doom
#3414 - 2012-03-28 15:58:07 UTC
Giuliano Verti wrote:
From Mitanni Twitter:

Just landed.
Step one, apologize profusely.
Step two, resign.
Step three, send all my isk to the victim.
Entirely my fault and unacceptable.

Just a friendly reminder

Resign now!

Be nice if he keeps his word and resigns from the CSM, be a disgrace if he doesn't and on top of this CCP may have to give him a greater punishment. Hope not but they can hardly ban others for less and let him off.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Bane Necran
Appono Astos
#3415 - 2012-03-28 15:58:11 UTC
Lt Pizi wrote:
oh man think about iit what you just wrote
there are moral borders that should not be crossed, if he punished or not, your parents should told you , if not ask em


Not familiar with parody, are you?

"In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence, the Way has existence, spirit is nothingness." ~Miyamoto Musashi

Abriael VonRosen
State War Academy
Caldari State
#3416 - 2012-03-28 15:58:17 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
The irony of all this is the people who are outraged by this are being even bigger bullies than the comment mittens made ever was.


I seriously doubt that asking for an elected representative to actually face the consequences of his actions can be in any way compared to "bullying".
Yeep
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3417 - 2012-03-28 15:58:33 UTC
Rodj Blake wrote:
Princess Bride wrote:
Most hilarious part of The Mittani's apology: Where he claims he's a roleplayer.

Quote:
It's one thing to play a villain in an online roleplaying game - when I post on these forums or on twitter, I usually do so as 'The Mittani', and do my level best to convince everyone that I'm an unrepentant space villain, as that kind of facade provides an in-game advantage to me and my alliance.


So he's a roleplayer now? And not only in game, but he's roleplaying on the forums too? Oh wait and Twitter as well. ROFL! Anyone who has seen him and other goons continuously mock roleplayers in general snorted milk out their nose when they read that part. Even if they weren't drinking milk at the time.

Can anyone name other Eve players who also roleplay on Twitter?


Everything in Eve is RP. It's good to see that he now agrees with that viewpoint though..


This was the party line back in Syndicate in 2005. The pod pilot backstory allows so much freedom its a little silly people want to roleplay space knights. Thats where you'll have seen the mocking.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#3418 - 2012-03-28 16:00:26 UTC
Jade Constantine wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:
I'm going to have to remind you that all of this only holds water if you believe that his statement was a serious request to drive a man to suicide, instead of a bad drunken joke (in the same vein as the entire presentation that came before) about giving an idiot a hard time.


I believe it was a serious attempt to have somebody harrassed and to misuse the authority and visibility of the CSM chair position.Sure it happened on the alliance panel - but we're seen all the chair for life nonsense and didn't Alexander proclaim himself the "king of space" on that panel which is his code for csm chair?


Anyone who did try to harrass him would be banned under the EULA rules. Only a moron would think he was being serious.

de4deye
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#3419 - 2012-03-28 16:01:58 UTC
If Mittani cared, he would:
- Step down from CSM all together
- Tell his zerglings to quit being badposters on the forums and tell them to quit posting with npc alts
- Biomass his character
- Never come back

No one is fooled by his crappy apology.
Kallynda Nai
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#3420 - 2012-03-28 16:02:46 UTC
Jade Constantine wrote:
I believe it was a serious attempt to have somebody harrassed and to misuse the authority and visibility of the CSM chair position.Sure it happened on the alliance panel - but we're seen all the chair for life nonsense and didn't Alexander proclaim himself the "king of space" on that panel which is his code for csm chair?


No you don't.

Edit: I fail at bbcode