These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

My Apology

First post First post
Author
GallowsCalibrator
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#3261 - 2012-03-28 12:38:34 UTC
The F Word wrote:
See... I don't have a horse in this race, but it's things like this are going to elicit an anti-goon sentiment:

Quote:

92:46:27 AM) directorbot: Gentlegoons, While I have the spaceship council work on their pleas for my resignation pledge retraction I need my "lolapology thread" locked or otherwise removed from front page. Till further notice spam Roadhouse references until publord scum rage out and burn the thread.

*** This was a broadcast from the_mittani to all-all, replies are not monitored ***

This is a fake. https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1022709#post1022709

(PS Jade you should probably edit the post to mention that.)
Bob McGenericname
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#3262 - 2012-03-28 12:38:52 UTC
The F Word wrote:
See... I don't have a horse in this race, but it's things like this are going to elicit an anti-goon sentiment:

Quote:

92:46:27 AM) directorbot: Gentlegoons, While I have the spaceship council work on their pleas for my resignation pledge retraction I need my "lolapology thread" locked or otherwise removed from front page. Till further notice spam Roadhouse references until publord scum rage out and burn the thread.

*** This was a broadcast from the_mittani to all-all, replies are not monitored ***

How is it that people are still reading the fake jabber broadcast, skipping over the part where it was posted at 92:46 AM, not bothering to check to see if anyone has claimed it's a fake (it totally is, Jade made it) and still posting it like they're providing content idgi
Doctor Eezee
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3263 - 2012-03-28 12:38:55 UTC
Jade Constantine wrote:
Ryunosuke Kusanagi wrote:
Questions.

Why the hell does it matter to all of you at this point.

I'll tell you one reason. In 2008 I was CSM chair and got filmed in the role at fanfest and quoted in the position in newspapers from London, New York, Paris, Amsterdam, Iceland etc. I got interviewed by the BBC and its still on record.

The following year I did a contract interview where this stuff was discovered by a background checking agency that linked my newspaper appearences to my panel as Jade Constantine the space anarchist terrorist doing an alliance panel presentation. They asked me what it was all about.

I explained Eve Online to them and being the world's first elected spaceship politican. They thought it was pretty cool and I got the contract.

This year somebody checks my background and cross references with EVE CSM and they are going to see a drunken fratboy slurring out inducements to harrassment and urging gamers to get someone to commit suicide on youtube.

And thats precisely what I mean about bringing the game into disrepute. Whether CCP come out of this well or extremely badly is going to depend on how Alexander Gianturco is punished and whether he jumps or is pushed out of the CSM chair.

Here's the reality for people. Once you step out behind that computer console and get up on stage in front of the media there are consequences for your action and behaviour and I would have thought Gianturco would have understood that with his legal background at least.

Maybe you should have told your employers that you were a useless **** while being on the CSM, they would have liked you even more.

"My rule is: If you meet the weakest vessel, attack; if it is a vessel equal to yours, attack; and if it is stronger than yours, also attack..." - Admiral Stepan O. Makarov

Jade Constantine
Jericho Fraction
The Star Fraction
#3264 - 2012-03-28 12:39:03 UTC
Orkasm wrote:
You idiots claiming that mittani should be permabanned need to read the ToS / EULA

NOTHING WAS DONE IN EVE ONLINE, THUS IT IS NOT COVERED BY THE EULA / ToS

you know something else thats in the tos and eula. They can boot you out any time they feel like it:

Quote:

CCP reserves the right to close, temporarily or permanently, any user’s account without advance notice as we deem necessary. Furthermore, we reserve the right to delete all user accounts or inventory of characters as warranted.

We reserve the right to ban any user from the game without refund or compensation.

Thats the catch all for removing anyone they want regardless of barrackroom laywers trying to slide between the spaces.

Bottom line. CCP can delete his accounts and IP ban him any time they like and there is no legal comeback. Just like any other player.

The True Knowledge is that nothing matters that does not matter to you, might does make right and power makes freedom

Jade Constantine
Jericho Fraction
The Star Fraction
#3265 - 2012-03-28 12:40:21 UTC
GallowsCalibrator wrote:
The F Word wrote:

Quote:

This is a fake. https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1022709#post1022709

yeah perhaps you are right. I'll do it.

The True Knowledge is that nothing matters that does not matter to you, might does make right and power makes freedom

Haun Xling
The French Musketeers
#3266 - 2012-03-28 12:40:32 UTC
Snow Axe wrote:
Haun Xling wrote:
Personaly. anyone can write out an apology saying im sorry for being a douche, but can one honestly make a video of them saying all the words he had written for an apology to the eve community On a Video. While manageing to keep a straight face. so we know for sure he isnt bullsh*tting ?

Do you think for even a second that anyone who doesn't already believe his sincerity would change their mind?

Here, I'll spoil what they'd say for you

"He was acting"

It's easy for him to manipulate people whom are in his alliance into beliveing what he wants them to hear.
Then again all goons are easily preswated, Your all lap dogs to the mittani, bet if he put kibble in his hands you guys would eat it from his hand.
The F Word
Doomheim
#3267 - 2012-03-28 12:41:18 UTC
Bob McGenericname wrote:
The F Word wrote:

Quote:

How is it that people are still reading the fake jabber broadcast, skipping over the part where it was posted at 92:46 AM, not bothering to check to see if anyone has claimed it's a fake (it totally is, Jade made it) and still posting it like they're providing content idgi

I retract my statement regarding the fake Jabber post above.
Yeep
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3268 - 2012-03-28 12:41:43 UTC
Jade Constantine wrote:

Well here's the thing: ISK from the wallet, whatever tbh, its small change, I've got more than that in my random faction ship fetish pot. Whether the apology is *enough* will depend on what people personally feel about it. For me it was "enough" as long as he carried through the rest of his twitter pledge and immediately resigned. It stops being "enough" if he goes back on that pledge and tries to cling to power regardless of the stink this will attract to the game as a whole.

So because you have more internet space money, someone else giving all of theirs away has less meaning? And since when has anything posted on Twitter been a "pledge".

Jade Constantine wrote:

Well you are in cloud-cuckoo land to a degree if you think something like this was not always going to blow up. Fanfest had journalists from dozens of online magazines and a technology editor from the BBC present. Those people have a job that involves looking over the video presentations and giving comment. As journalists its their role to seek interesting stories. The fall of an internet spaceship politcian is an interesting story. Combine that with the hot-button issues of cyberbullying, twitter prosecutions, the "fight game" sexism row and you'll see we are in a climate where it was inevitable that Alexander Gianturco was going to make the newsheets. Eve as a game is going big-league, the CCP + SONY partnership and aiming at the world's biggest single universe is going to put it in the spotlight - and you literally can't have some drunken fratboy trust fund princess up on staging calling on people to be harrassed into suicide and that NOT be the story.

If the BBC's technology editor was there, wheres the BBC news article? I don't even see a blog post and the BBC ***** those out over completely trivial issues.

Jade Constantine wrote:

People understand the issues. Anyone with a child themselves can see issues with cyberbullying and peer pressure harrassment through email, i-phones, social media and such. And regarding this game - I don't think its a question of whether somebody playing eve will commit suicide - but when it happens. In my nine years playing this game I've met many fellow players with emotional issues, depressions, rl issues from post traumatic stress disorder to marital breakups to terminal disease to the whole spectrum of mental problems. Part of being a good CEO in this game is sometimes being a counciller to people having a pretty hard time in real life. This is more than a bandwagon, its possibly the reawakening of a bit of common sense and feeling that the leader of the player council needs some common sense too.

Really? A think of the children post? Ignoring the fact that both parties in this case were well into adulthood its hardly CCP's job to protect your child from inappropriate content. Thats what the ESRB rating on the box is for. Solving the issue of helicopter parenting is way beyond the scope of this discussion.

Jade Constantine wrote:
If he gets any kind of ban then he's disbarred from the CSM. Thats one of the rules of running for CSM. If CCP temp banned him 30days for this then he's also out of the CSM for good. But if they give him no kind of punishment whatsoever then anyone who has previously been temp-banned for this kind of harrassment (and there are many) would rightfully point and claim CCP corruption in favour of their CSM chair. Its a horrible situation that CCP have been put in - if they temp ban and kick Mittani off the csm the goons will go nuts and claim they just had 10,000 votes disenfranchised. If they do nothing then everyone else will believe that Goons run CCP by developer corruption and those dodgy contacts Mittani was always boasting of in his addresses.

The whitepaper says they can be excluded, not they must, meaning CCP reserve the right to refuse you because of a ban. Even then its an arbitrary rule that could easily be overturned.
Doctor Eezee
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3269 - 2012-03-28 12:41:56 UTC
Jack Parr wrote:
This is the best goon scam of the year. Can't wait to see the goons posting 6 months from now bragging how they got away with this. I bet he'll outdo himself next year at fan fest.

We already ordered gay icelandic prostitutes who will have live sex during the panel. Let's see how that will go over.

"My rule is: If you meet the weakest vessel, attack; if it is a vessel equal to yours, attack; and if it is stronger than yours, also attack..." - Admiral Stepan O. Makarov

Datdaar Vanmestvaalt
Justified and Ancient
#3270 - 2012-03-28 12:42:17 UTC
Implying Implications wrote:
People are taking this too far. If it wasn't a goon who said this nobody would have a problem.

If it wasn't a goon who said this Goons would probably MAKE a problem out of it, for lulz and for what they are.
Besides that, if a less influential and less (in)famous EvE personality had said something similar on a publicly broadcasted event, that person would most likely have a (temp) ban on his/her hand.

Having said that, given the fact Alex Gianturco as the player behind the Mittani has personally and publicly apologised and the player he made his remarks at is ok with that and in good health, I would say leave it at that and let it rest.

This has been a nice storm in a small glass of water, time to empty the glass so we can put something stronger in it...;-)

Doing all the rough and dirty work below deck so the posh bloody bastards can do their shitty hero things.

Arrs Grazznic
Poena Executive Solutions
#3271 - 2012-03-28 12:42:35 UTC
Rodj Blake wrote:
He was elected by the Eve community to represent the Eve community. As such, it is inappropriate for him to use a public stage to call for the harrassment of a member of that community and he should either resign or be removed.
and
The F Word wrote:
Quote:

The above pretty much sum up my opinion. The Mittani overstepped the line and when he realised he stated he would do the right thing and apologise, give isk to the 'victim' and resign from the CSM. First two are apparently done and now he is trying to back out of the last.
Lexmana
#3272 - 2012-03-28 12:43:47 UTC
Jade Constantine wrote:
Quote:
CCP reserves the right to close, temporarily or permanently, any user’s account without advance notice as we deem necessary. Furthermore, we reserve the right to delete all user accounts or inventory of characters as warranted.

We reserve the right to ban any user from the game without refund or compensation.

Thats the catch all for removing anyone they want regardless of barrackroom laywers trying to slide between the spaces.

Bottom line. CCP can delete his accounts and IP ban him any time they like and there is no legal comeback. Just like any other player.

They can do that with you too. Does that make you a villain?
Frying Doom
#3273 - 2012-03-28 12:44:48 UTC
Doctor Eezee wrote:
Jack Parr wrote:
This is the best goon scam of the year. Can't wait to see the goons posting 6 months from now bragging how they got away with this. I bet he'll outdo himself next year at fan fest.

We already ordered gay icelandic prostitutes who will have live sex during the panel. Let's see how that will go over.

Probably better that this.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

GallowsCalibrator
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#3274 - 2012-03-28 12:45:26 UTC
Arrs Grazznic wrote:
Rodj Blake wrote:
He was elected by the Eve community to represent the Eve community. As such, it is inappropriate for him to use a public stage to call for the harrassment of a member of that community and he should either resign or be removed.
and
The F Word wrote:
Quote:

The above pretty much sum up my opinion. The Mittani overstepped the line and when he realised he stated he would do the right thing and apologise, give isk to the 'victim' and resign from the CSM. First two are apparently done and now he is trying to back out of the last.

Read a few posts up, the Jabber posting is a fake.
Seriously, people, I'm sure CCP and the CSM will announce something when they've properly gone over this. Any internet-lawyering and such is pretty much just idle speculation!

This thread should be about Roadhouse again.
Temulkar Blaine
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3275 - 2012-03-28 12:46:33 UTC
Karim alRashid wrote:
Temulkar Blaine wrote:
Karim alRashid wrote:
Temulkar Blaine wrote:
Karim alRashid wrote:

You will have hard time convincing me that blowing up internet spaceships constitutes a harassment.

Duh we all blow up internet spaceships thats a game.

What we dont all do is incite other to harrass sombody so the kill themselves, on a public forum with a live stream on the internet. You see the difference or is basic comprehension of the facts too difficult for you?

Why don't you first settle on a single version and then we'll talk?

Does someone harassed someone else or someone allegedly incited a third party to harass someone else?

You seem to be making both claims, as evident from you first saying "someone being harassed" and then saying "incite other to harass somebody".

Are you really so simple that you dont understand people can be tried under multiple charges and sentenced for them in one case? The racial element was only part of the case. The use of twitter was another. Come on its not that difficult a concept to understand.

You seem to be reading your script without paying much attention to what you are replying to.

It's me asking you about your opinion what has happened - harassment, incite to harassment, both or something else - and you're answering "people can be tried under multiple charges and sentenced for them in one case".

I suggest you improve you communication and logical reasoning skills, because they are severely lacking.

Given your second sentence fails grammatically to make any sort of sense critcising my communication is so lol.

Are you asking me about the Muamba case? lets take a look at your qwuestion again shall we and break it down a little bit,

"Does someone harassed someone else or someone allegedly incited a third party to harass someone else?"

Now Im sure you were taught about tenses at school so your first word is it supposed to be does or did?

The first section of the sentence, "does someone harrassed someone else" Should that be did someone harrrass somone else? At the moment you are confusing you tenses.

followed by "or somone allegedly incited a third party to harrass somone else"

Why dont you start again take a deep breath and tey and write a legible question with the correct tenses and possibly even some punctuation so that others can discern what you actually mean. Is it so difficult?

Doctor Eezee
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3276 - 2012-03-28 12:46:48 UTC
Arrs Grazznic wrote:
Rodj Blake wrote:
and
The F Word wrote:
Quote:

And even in the Twitter he meant he would resign as chairman, not from the CSM, as his wife actually told us as he was posting that *gasp*

Benilopax
Colonial Industries
#3277 - 2012-03-28 12:47:26 UTC
So after 177 pages what have we learned?

Most non goons think he should at least step down as chair, some wanting him to leave CSM completely very few suggesting he needs to be banned.

Most goons and friends defending him to the end, as it should be, from denying any wrong doing has been done, to saying the apology is enough.

My conclusion, CCP and CSM are taking too long to settle this issue!

This should have been resolved by now!

One group here is going be pissed off and will probably start a whole new thread, or worse, when this matter is settled. Lets get on with it.

Doctor Eezee
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3278 - 2012-03-28 12:47:57 UTC
So:

Who in this thread knows about ROWSDOWER?

Karim alRashid
Starboard.
#3279 - 2012-03-28 12:48:50 UTC
Jade Constantine wrote:
GallowsCalibrator wrote:

yeah perhaps you are right. I'll do it.

Not in a moment did we think of it other than as of jest and satire, let alone as a cyber-bullying The Mittani. Blink

Pain is weakness leaving the body http://www.youtube.com/user/AlRashidKarim/videos

Jade Constantine
Jericho Fraction
The Star Fraction
#3280 - 2012-03-28 12:48:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Jade Constantine
Doctor Eezee wrote:
Jade Constantine wrote:
Ryunosuke Kusanagi wrote:
Questions.

Why the hell does it matter to all of you at this point.

I'll tell you one reason. In 2008 I was CSM chair and got filmed in the role at fanfest and quoted in the position in newspapers from London, New York, Paris, Amsterdam, Iceland etc. I got interviewed by the BBC and its still on record.

The following year I did a contract interview where this stuff was discovered by a background checking agency that linked my newspaper appearences to my panel as Jade Constantine the space anarchist terrorist doing an alliance panel presentation. They asked me what it was all about.

I explained Eve Online to them and being the world's first elected spaceship politican. They thought it was pretty cool and I got the contract.

This year somebody checks my background and cross references with EVE CSM and they are going to see a drunken fratboy slurring out inducements to harrassment and urging gamers to get someone to commit suicide on youtube.

And thats precisely what I mean about bringing the game into disrepute. Whether CCP come out of this well or extremely badly is going to depend on how Alexander Gianturco is punished and whether he jumps or is pushed out of the CSM chair.

Here's the reality for people. Once you step out behind that computer console and get up on stage in front of the media there are consequences for your action and behaviour and I would have thought Gianturco would have understood that with his legal background at least.

Maybe you should have told your employers that you were a useless **** while being on the CSM, they would have liked you even more.

The evidence of complete success was in the newspapers to immortalise it :)