These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

My Apology

First post First post
Author
L00B
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2781 - 2012-03-28 04:19:43 UTC
Snow Axe wrote:
michaelthered wrote:
how bout a bar? you old enough to get in one? Do you see the point i'm trying to make at least? If you say something infront of people, even if it pertains to a video game environment, that would get your ass beat in a bar....then maybe there's actually something in this.


Yeah, and if someone stole your seat or beat you at pool at a bar and you broke down and told them you were suicidal because your wife left you, you'd be mocked an order of magnitude worse than anything here could ever do. Even at a wine bar you'd have people laughing at you.

In conclusion, I have no idea what your point is.



I think it's something like

OH GOD MITTENS IS A CRIMINAL FOR AN INSULT, BUT I'M NO GIRLY MAN SO LETS SMASH EACH OTHERS FACES LIKE MEN TO DECIDE WHAT REALITY IS!

You're right. It doesn't make sense no matter how he phrases it.
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#2782 - 2012-03-28 04:19:58 UTC
Nevermore Akiga wrote:
i'm rather surprised that how stupid should ppl be enough to trust any word comes out of goons than this post, cos clearly he had no other choice but to do the formularized apology.


pubbies.txt

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Sir Marksalot
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2783 - 2012-03-28 04:21:06 UTC
Snow Axe wrote:
michaelthered wrote:
how bout a bar? you old enough to get in one? Do you see the point i'm trying to make at least? If you say something infront of people, even if it pertains to a video game environment, that would get your ass beat in a bar....then maybe there's actually something in this.


Yeah, and if someone stole your seat or beat you at pool at a bar and you broke down and told them you were suicidal because your wife left you, you'd be mocked an order of magnitude worse than anything here could ever do. Even at a wine bar you'd have people laughing at you.

In conclusion, I have no idea what your point is.


no no dont you get it, i am a real man on the internet and youre a big baby if you have something to say to me come say it to me irl so i can totally kick your ass in a bar like a real man on the internet

words offend me deeply
Ashen Molotov
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2784 - 2012-03-28 04:22:12 UTC
As I said earlier it's all pretty simple in my opinion.

What he did would get any other player in the game a temp ban at best.

Regardless if his apology was sincere or not he needs to get banned. If the apology was sincere that doesn't take away the consquences of the action.

All being sincere should do in regards to an apology is show that you are remourseful and that you are a man who acknowledges you did something wrong. It says that you do not wish to be known as that kind of person because of a mistake you made.

The best case scenario I can see for his apology would be a little lineincy in the form of accepting his resignation from the CSM and only issuing a small temporary ban.

If CCP feels the apology was only an attempt to evade trouble then it should be a flull fledged removal from EvE.
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#2785 - 2012-03-28 04:23:03 UTC
Jessie-A Tassik wrote:


Quote:
My friend, I'm not a Goon.

For the most part, I don't like a lot of the typical Goon behavior, although I'm slowly warming up to certain individuals.

However this witch hunt is far more irritating than Mittani's poor behavior. That would be why a large portion of the "Jesus people, grow up" comments are coming from non Goons.

Mindless lemmings with an axe to grind occasionally need the boot of common sense planted firmly in their ass... and that boot, on occasion, belongs to me.


So, the Mittani has pushed War Dec changes that would make it cost billions of ISK per week to War Dec the Goons.

Is this not in stark contrast to the "free for all" nonsense lies the Mittani claims to believe?

Is this not in stark contrast to the CLAIMED spirit of Null Sec?

Why should the biggest and most powerful corporations in Eve be shielded from War Decs when three noobs who make a corporation can be War Dec'd?

It's bad for the game. And it is just more shameless hypocrisy.

So why don't you stop being an idiot, "friend".


Oh my god... wow....

If anything the are probably a little irritated that their target selection will be a bit more limited. Null sec alliances rarely bother to war deck each other, and if some empire gank team decs them to try and pick off a stray hauler or freighter (as pointless as that is) it simply adds spice in the slow periods.

I haven't made up my mind yet about all of the proposed changes, but at least I have a basic grasp of what they will and will not do. You should probably get to that point before you go on a crusade, particularly one that involves hiding your irritation at perceived changes behind a holier than thou attack on someone else.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Sir Marksalot
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2786 - 2012-03-28 04:23:16 UTC
not to mention that acting like a jackass toughguy and starting fights will get you kicked out of most places

michaelthered have you ever been in a bar
Snow Axe
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#2787 - 2012-03-28 04:23:35 UTC
Wait, I know what the problem here is.

michaelthered, you're calling Mittens out for saying something on a video stream instead of face to face, but you're saying this behind a computer screen. This needs to change, and I know just the way -

Gather all of your thoughts about this. Write them down if you have to. Get a webcam, let us know exactly how you feel. Youtube is a good video host I hear.

Then and only then will we be certain of your virility and value as a human male. Hop to it!

"Look any reason why you need to talk like that? I have now reported you. I dont need to listen to your bad tone. If you cant have a grown up conversation then leave the thread["

DigDoug
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#2788 - 2012-03-28 04:23:50 UTC
Entire thread seems preplanned to fish for gushing "no please don't resign zomzombbzbz we love yous"

Doesn't really matter, the typical american response of throwing a fake apology and some money at a problem and making it go away probably isn't going to play in a game with a global perspective. The I was drunk and didn't realize angle isn't going to play either. It was a side show, it was made ahead of time. If you can get ****-faced and modify a powerpoint presentation on the fly, well hats off to you.

CCP is going to have to show off for papa Sony and this guy is going to be punted.

The whole ccp "investigation" angle is hilarious, what specifically is there to investigate.. they were right there.. present, and broadcasting it. Its like a cop being an eye witness at a crime and when asked what happend, shrugging.

I didn't know Wis before this but I started a dialogue with the guy after the alliance panel. It made me sad to see how open his life and information is out there on the internet. His biggest crime appears being a decent person who expects other people to be decent, obviously had no idea what he would eventually run into in Eve Online. Having watched the downward spiral of the community culture over the years I am not surprised that something like this happend. It is actually happening every day just not as publicly celebrated. Griefing players within the confines of the game is fine, I have no problem with that and I don't think most of the playerbase does. The wider this thing goes the better. More unsuspecting players toiling around high sec not bothering anyone or doing anything to ruin someone else's game will get a better idea of the reality of Eve before this happens to them and if nothing else folks, FFS, safe guard your identity, just a lil.

A clear line needs to be drawn between the game and real life however. Searching people down online and using it for fodder to fuel your ingame cruelty has no place in any game and the fact it isn't even rare in Eve demeans all of us.

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#2789 - 2012-03-28 04:25:12 UTC
Ashen Molotov wrote:
As I said earlier it's all pretty simple in my opinion.

What he did would get any other player in the game a temp ban at best.

Regardless if his apology was sincere or not he needs to get banned. If the apology was sincere that doesn't take away the consquences of the action.

All being sincere should do in regards to an apology is show that you are remourseful and that you are a man who acknowledges you did something wrong. It says that you do not wish to be known as that kind of person because of a mistake you made.

The best case scenario I can see for his apology would be a little lineincy in the form of accepting his resignation from the CSM and only issuing a small temporary ban.

If CCP feels the apology was only an attempt to evade trouble then it should be a flull fledged removal from EvE.


It doesn't merit removal from the council, or even a temporary ban. I realize that you're VERY UPSET about him ganking your Mackinaw but that's actually allowed, believe it or not!

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Ender Karazaki
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2790 - 2012-03-28 04:25:52 UTC
Well, it must be really depressing to work for CCP. After the high of fanfest and the upcomming release of Dust to be faced with the drama queens, false outrage and bad press. It was really nothing more than a little stupid and immature remark within the context of the situation. Nobody in their right mind would suggest that the mittani REALLY wanted the guy to go kill himself. The crowed didn't gasp in horror or even laugh, it actually barely registered with them.

As the guy with the 23 accounts threatening to kill himself over internet spaceships... get some help and a life.
D Derp
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#2791 - 2012-03-28 04:26:11 UTC
michaelthered wrote:
D Derp wrote:
michaelthered wrote:

So who are you threatening to kill? Goons in general? The Mittani?

I take back what I said about sort of sympathizing with you~



i'm not threatening to kill anyone you clown....i'm saying recognize that speech that wouldn't fly out in the real world is still not acceptable just because this is a fun internet space ship pew game. Especially when the person in question was not joking in any way shape or form. "IF", and i don't think this is true, but if Goons go around in various video games telling people to kill themselves then maybe there should be some afterparty shenanigans at fanfest next year.

"i'm not threatening to kill anyone you clown", but then you talk about how goons should be ambushed at fanfest. You sound a touch crazy mate.


[quote]Thing is i know a couple goons and while they are master griefers and generally intolerable "IN GAME" assholes....they're actually good guys IRL and i'd have a beer with them anytime. They do not condone this bullshit.


Welcome to Goons. Alot of us are surprisingly chill.
Kallynda Nai
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#2792 - 2012-03-28 04:28:09 UTC
Ender Karazaki wrote:
Well, it must be really depressing to work for CCP. After the high of fanfest and the upcomming release of Dust to be faced with the drama queens, false outrage and bad press. It was really nothing more than a little stupid and immature remark within the context of the situation. Nobody in their right mind would suggest that the mittani REALLY wanted the guy to go kill himself. The crowed didn't gasp in horror or even laugh, it actually barely registered with them.

As the guy with the 23 accounts threatening to kill himself over internet spaceships... get some help and a life.


To be honest, I don't really think they give a ****.
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#2793 - 2012-03-28 04:28:16 UTC
michaelthered wrote:
D Derp wrote:
[quote=michaelthered]
So who are you threatening to kill? Goons in general? The Mittani?

I take back what I said about sort of sympathizing with you~



i'm not threatening to kill anyone you clown....i'm saying recognize that speech that wouldn't fly out in the real world is still not acceptable just because this is a fun internet space ship pew game. Especially when the person in question was not joking in any way shape or form. "IF", and i don't think this is true, but if Goons go around in various video games telling people to kill themselves then maybe there should be some afterparty shenanigans at fanfest next year. Thing is i know a couple goons and while they are master griefers and generally intolerable "IN GAME" assholes....they're actually good guys IRL and i'd have a beer with them anytime. They do not condone this bullshit.


LOOK AT ME I'M ON A HIGH HORSE AND I'M MAKING VEILED REAL-LIFE THREATS AGAINST PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET, THIS IS TOTALLY NOT HYPOCRITICAL AND PATHETIC

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

michaelthered
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2794 - 2012-03-28 04:28:36 UTC
L00B wrote:
[quote=michaelthered][quote=Kallynda Nai][quote=michaelthered]

(I like how you think 21 is so different than 20 or 19. Get over yourself, you old fart.)



here in the U.S you can't get into a bar if you're 20......comprehend the point now?
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#2795 - 2012-03-28 04:29:28 UTC
hey michael the red why don't you tell us about how much you lift irl because YOU ARE A TOUGH GUY AND YOU'D TAKE US ON ANY DAY OF THE WEEK

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Sidus Sarmiang
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2796 - 2012-03-28 04:29:47 UTC
Snow Axe wrote:
Wait, I know what the problem here is.

michaelthered, you're calling Mittens out for saying something on a video stream instead of face to face, but you're saying this behind a computer screen. This needs to change, and I know just the way -

Gather all of your thoughts about this. Write them down if you have to. Get a webcam, let us know exactly how you feel. Youtube is a good video host I hear.

Then and only then will we be certain of your virility and value as a human male. Hop to it!



Oh god yes please do this.
Jessie-A Tassik
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#2797 - 2012-03-28 04:30:16 UTC
Quote:
Oh my god... wow....

If anything the are probably a little irritated that their target selection will be a bit more limited. Null sec alliances rarely bother to war deck each other, and if some empire gank team decs them to try and pick off a stray hauler or freighter (as pointless as that is) it simply adds spice in the slow periods.

I haven't made up my mind yet about all of the proposed changes, but at least I have a basic grasp of what they will and will not do. You should probably get to that point before you go on a crusade, particularly one that involves hiding your irritation at perceived changes behind a holier than thou attack on someone else.


I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to take your word for it, "friend".
Snow Axe
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#2798 - 2012-03-28 04:30:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Snow Axe
michaelthered wrote:
here in the U.S you can't get into a bar if you're 20......comprehend the point now?


In Canada you can get into bars anywhere from 18-19 depending on the province, so no, what exactly is your point again?

Seriously, hearing you try to talk like you're anything other than a pathetic internet male is like listening to Steve Carell describe how breasts feel in The 40 Year Old Virgin

"Look any reason why you need to talk like that? I have now reported you. I dont need to listen to your bad tone. If you cant have a grown up conversation then leave the thread["

Kai Tel
State War Academy
Caldari State
#2799 - 2012-03-28 04:31:39 UTC
michaelthered wrote:
D Derp wrote:
[quote=michaelthered]
So who are you threatening to kill? Goons in general? The Mittani?

I take back what I said about sort of sympathizing with you~



i'm not threatening to kill anyone you clown....i'm saying recognize that speech that wouldn't fly out in the real world is still not acceptable just because this is a fun internet space ship pew game. Especially when the person in question was not joking in any way shape or form. "IF", and i don't think this is true, but if Goons go around in various video games telling people to kill themselves then maybe there should be some afterparty shenanigans at fanfest next year. Thing is i know a couple goons and while they are master griefers and generally intolerable "IN GAME" assholes....they're actually good guys IRL and i'd have a beer with them anytime. They do not condone this bullshit.


You *****. You've put me in a position where I have to agree with Goons on the ******* game forum and I hate you for it. You're doing a similar sin to their Mittani god wannabe and mucking up any worth while point you ould make in so doing. You deserve the same treatment. Go out and get a life little Mr. ITG...

http://i.eprci.net/itg-quarterly

Just GTFO

You *****.
Sidus Sarmiang
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2800 - 2012-03-28 04:32:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Sidus Sarmiang
Sidus Sarmiang wrote:
Snow Axe wrote:
Wait, I know what the problem here is.

michaelthered, you're calling Mittens out for saying something on a video stream instead of face to face, but you're saying this behind a computer screen. This needs to change, and I know just the way -

Gather all of your thoughts about this. Write them down if you have to. Get a webcam, let us know exactly how you feel. Youtube is a good video host I hear.

Then and only then will we be certain of your virility and value as a human male. Hop to it!



Oh god yes please do this.



Also please dress up like Goku and talk about how you're going to go super saiyin or whatever on his ass so you sound and look more intimidating. I've seen a lot of internet toughguys and the real ones always make it super clear they're not fake by either holding a gun or sword (edit: katanas are best for this) or dressing up in full costume.

If you have long, stringy hair and a neckbeard it's worth +15 intimidating points.