These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

CSM 7 - We Should Not Accept This Behavior!!

First post First post
Author
Frying Doom
#81 - 2012-03-27 11:42:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Frying Doom
Malcanis wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
The thing I find scariest of all is a howling mob who completely disregard that an apology has been made and accepted, but believe that it's their business to keep this whole thing escalating, regardless of the effect on the person they claim to be defending.

I thought the apology was good actually but does an apology really cut it for what was said. That leads down the path of can you make real life death treats and just apologize later in the game now?


It's not up to you to decide if it "really cuts it", is it?

Did I say that it did or didn't, personally no, it doesn't or if it does this could be a very fun gameSmile

But seriously this is not really for you me or the CSM to decide.

Really it's up to the Icelandic police to determine if a crime has occurred and CCP to decide in conference with their legal department, to see if they want the bad publicity and to see if this has exposed them to future law suits and what action they should take for the future of their company.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Sano Hekki
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#82 - 2012-03-27 11:50:20 UTC
This is the perfect example of why this whole thing is a farce, Issler doesn't care about the Miner in question neither does the majority of the people flooding the general forums it's all about seeing The Mittani removed a nothing else.
Deceduto
Sup Nuts Boys
#83 - 2012-03-27 11:56:44 UTC
Blawrf McTaggart wrote:
man i hate goons


We all do, its okay.
Vile rat
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#84 - 2012-03-27 11:59:35 UTC
Deceduto wrote:
Blawrf McTaggart wrote:
man i hate goons


We all do, its okay.


Man how do you end up with a dot in your alliance name after you changed letters for numbers already?
Allataria
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#85 - 2012-03-27 12:12:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Allataria
Sano Hekki wrote:
This is the perfect example of why this whole thing is a farce, Issler doesn't care about the Miner in question neither does the majority of the people flooding the general forums it's all about seeing The Mittani removed a nothing else.



+1

Issler should step down.

Anyone with half a brain knows this happens all the time in pvp and everyone does it. Not just the CFC. All of 0.0 and pvp alliances/corps are guilty of it. ****ing all over people for being dumb and losing ships is every pvp players right. Thats why everyone at the panel found it funny. The only people not laughing are the sec prudes who do nothing but carebear and mine all day and hardly ever pvp. The people in null sec who are voicing that this is disgusting are all hypocrites because they themselves have done this and they know it.

Anyone who tries to use this to further political position is a hypocrite themselves (i.e. Issler) .
Frying Doom
#86 - 2012-03-27 12:20:57 UTC
Allataria wrote:

Anyone with half a brain knows this happens all the time in pvp and everyone does it. Not just the CFC. All of 0.0 and pvp alliances/corps are guilty of it. ****ing all over people for being dumb and losing ships is every pvp players right. Thats why everyone at the panel found it funny. The only people not laughing are the sec prudes who do nothing but carebear and mine all day and hardly ever pvp. The people in null sec who are voicing that this is disgusting are all hypocrites because they themselves have done this and they know it.


What people get up on a stage and in-front of cameras?

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

lanyaie
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#87 - 2012-03-27 13:01:41 UTC
Hmm should i troll this thread or not?

Anyhow I'm not a fan of mittani,(hell im not a fan of anyone)but to me all these threads seems to get rediculous. I know some have good intentions but I know most of you just don't like mittani and want him out of the game regardless of the victims condition, only mittani knows if he really ment his apology and if he wouldn't have said what he did if he wasn't drunk. I myself think anyone in the position of mittani would respond to all of this in the way he did even tho he made an apology, seeming as he knowns they are just out to get him and not in behalf of supporting the victim.

I myself hope mittani really means he's sorry but as I said only he knows if he's is.


Either way Yaaay no troll posting from lanyaie



Spaceprincess

People who put passwords on char bazaar Eveboards are the worst.

Woo Glin
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#88 - 2012-03-27 13:03:45 UTC
fyi it's not trolling when you announce it
lanyaie
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#89 - 2012-03-27 13:03:57 UTC
MITTENS CAN I HAZ YOUR STOOFF



Sorry i have to balance serious posts and troll posts or bad things happen

Spaceprincess

People who put passwords on char bazaar Eveboards are the worst.

lanyaie
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#90 - 2012-03-27 13:06:12 UTC  |  Edited by: lanyaie
Woo Glin wrote:
I have no idea what i'm talking about



Now in my first post i wasn't trolling was it?
And I may troll however the **** I like :)

Spaceprincess

People who put passwords on char bazaar Eveboards are the worst.

War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#91 - 2012-03-27 13:24:01 UTC
Issler Dainze wrote:

One thing despite the apology this was an action that was started before the panel, the whole presentation was created prior to the fanfest and I assume in a more sober frame of mind. So humiliation of the player in question was definitely intended. I think the drunkenness let Mittens cross a line but how much further was that from the actual intent?

Issler


Sad - way to spin the story more for your own gain Issler.

The presentation had no names and ridiculed players anonymously for various levels of stupidity in their gameplay.

The line-crossing when he named the character was in response to an audience question after all the presentations were done and was totally off the cuff.

I have to agree with the sentiment that Issler and most of the rabble are only perpetuating this out of hate for The Mittani and motivated for personal gain. Nobody thought about the embarassment they'd be causing the "victim" here by spreading the audience beyond fanfest watchers to the entire MMO news community. They just saw a chance to attack The Mittani and jumped at it.

Hypocrites.

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

Dank Man
#92 - 2012-03-27 13:53:25 UTC
As much as I avoid trying to even give goons the respect of responding to their crap and trolls, the mittani is a RL piece of sh*t. If hes gonna get drunk and be a total prick it just goes to show what sheep he has in his herd of goons. Sad to see 8000 people voted for this guy, and still defend him... Eve is a game about people and this guy doesn't care about them, he doesn't care about real people, certainly not about his allies and not about his own members. He uses you for your votes and your blob help build his ego and you all follow lol. You all get what you deserve and this piece of crap definitely deserves to represent you. Any goon or allies of the goons that dont demand his resignation from lead of CSM/GOONS and CFC is clearly complacent and doesn't care about the community or the RL welfare of people. Sad to see that the game goons play "for fun" and from the person who always claims others take this game seriously.... Wow dude.. Well folks thats the truth of this guy, f him and f goons who support this a-hole. And until CCP does something they are just as responsible for giving this prick a stage to speak on in my opinion. Go ahead goons troll away i wanna see which ones of you have the balls to continue to push this, i mean i know you hold your anonymous racism close to you, and maybe you can justify that being ok in a video game daily, but this is just disgraceful, sadly even disgraceful for goons. As for the goon community I would think they had enough self respect to reject this guy as well but likely seeing as how they all supported him in the past I'm not expecting much more. He's a lawyer he says whatever gets him out of things as his job, doesn't have to be the truth or even close, him being drunk shows his true colors, his apology means nothing as his words haven't meant anything for years as any person in the eve community could have told you. I hope he gets what he deserves, boot from CSM, ban of his accounts, ban from fanfest, etc. you just don't do this kind of stuff, this is real life before eve if you all haven't forgotten.

- Dank

Woo Glin
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#93 - 2012-03-27 13:55:33 UTC
lanyaie wrote:
I'm a bad poster


lmao look what i did
Killer Gandry
Fenghuang Corporation
#94 - 2012-03-27 14:11:06 UTC
Darius III wrote:
Nothing but removal from the CSM will show that CCP cares about this issue. What would have turned out to be possibly hundreds of thousands of dollars in free good publicity for CSM now turns out to be PR nightmare and unmitigated disaster for our whole community. Just step down and be done with it.


I disagree with Darius.
His agenda is purely on a personal agenda and in no way is to the benefit of EVE as a game.

Yes Mittani made a big mistake at the Fanfest pannel. But the mistake wasn't only his.
Content to the presentation is checked by CCP first and they must have had a blast reading a mail of someone they just discarded as being a whiney one and should be mocked at. They know Mittani's ingame reputation and they would have known he wasn't up to anything good in regards of that slide.
They let is pass through without even checking anything about that player. Their suicide hotline failed there. Their ability to see what is acceptable and what not went out of the door at that point.

However we also must not forget that 10,058 accounts voted for Mittani. They wanted to give him a landslide victory and they did.
Like it or not he has the back up of a large part of the customer base that bothered to vote.

By discarding Mittani completely as CSM you retrospectivly also discard 10,058 accounts which voted for him.
This would be unacceptable.

I say let him serve his term, or even make him serve his term. However not as chairman but in another position.

We would be stupid and narrowminded if we would listen to the likes of Darius whom we all know and trust just as much as we trust a Goon.

I don't see Alexander as Mittani, nor do I see Mitanni as Alexander.

I do see Alexander as someone who has a mandate and who would work well in another position within the CSM to shed off the taint of this incident and not let the smudge come over the chair due to personal gain.
Avila Cracko
#95 - 2012-03-27 14:11:09 UTC
I will only say this,
presidents and ministers of real life countries resigned for smaller things.

This all is not because he said that, its because he is elected and he is, because of it, responsible for his actions and words.

truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Vile rat
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#96 - 2012-03-27 14:24:41 UTC
Avila Cracko wrote:
I will only say this,
presidents and ministers of real life countries resigned for smaller things.

This all is not because he said that, its because he is elected and he is, because of it, responsible for his actions and words.



You just compared an advisory lobbyist position in a video game with a real life elected politician, wow.
Frying Doom
#97 - 2012-03-27 14:36:31 UTC
The worst part is where does the game go from here. If nothing is done what can CCP say if someone else starts making RL death threats or threats of a beating? What about their liability if nothing is done?

We are only talking about an advisory position to a company generating 60 million a year.

Honestly I believe he is sorry and there was no way he could know getting drunk that night would do so much. Over here we have "Don't drink and drive" ads every where, maybe someone should get him a "Don't drink and Speak on Camera" T-Shirt.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Vile rat
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#98 - 2012-03-27 14:40:48 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
The worst part is where does the game go from here. If nothing is done what can CCP say if someone else starts making RL death threats or threats of a beating? What about their liability if nothing is done?

We are only talking about an advisory position to a company generating 60 million a year.

Honestly I believe he is sorry and there was no way he could know getting drunk that night would do so much. Over here we have "Don't drink and drive" ads every where, maybe someone should get him a "Don't drink and Speak on Camera" T-Shirt.


The game moves right along and barely remembers this in a week.
Weloriavia
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#99 - 2012-03-27 14:40:58 UTC
I have read this entire thread and have decided to way in my thoughts!

The Mittani is our representative. The players.
Due to the large outcry by both players and CSM comrades alike it is clear that he is no longer going to be able to represent us all from a neutral position.

If we put aside the fact this is a game to start with and focus on the actual comments. Cyberbullying is a serious, serious accusation. As a representative of CCP I imagine any other employee would at least be stood down pending investigation.
As we enter into the age of information technology our reps on CSM7 need to realize that they are not only representing a vast majority of players from different ethnic and religious backgrounds but also that anything they say is going to be read.
This in some cases was not only an attack on the playr but also an attack on various faiths who believe suicicde to be unacceptable.
In ANY workplace it is unacceptable to make comments such as was made.

I am the first to advocate freedom of speech and Non-PC comments but this was taking it too far.
Fanfest is the biggest event in our diary, it is a time to get to know each nother outside of game and enjoy ourselves, instead it has been tarnished by a man who self gratifys himself as a sadistic game player.
As Chairman of CSM I would expect a professional aura to be given off at all times especially when in such a public situation as Fanfest.
The thing that continues to bug me the most is his continual display of being "the bad guy", I appreciate he got the votes and that is why he is where he is, but why on EARTH would you not have to characters your in game character and your proffessional charismatic self out side of game who deals with "in game press".

I do hope that if nothing else a warning is given. As this is the chance to make an example for the ENTIRE MMO community that Cyber harrasment will NOT be tolerated.
I can only imagine what would have been the reaction of in game moderators if this comment had been broadcast over chat...


Jack bubu
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#100 - 2012-03-27 15:23:44 UTC
Looks like we have a new Ankhwhatevethatnamewas candidate.

Have fun lmao