These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

CSM 7 - We Should Not Accept This Behavior!!

First post First post
Author
Frying Doom
#61 - 2012-03-27 09:13:52 UTC
I think standing up for what is right, definitely sounds like less of a PR stunt than shutting up on an issue this large, because you haven't worked with them yet. Trying not to actually pick a side or share in the outrage.

Before you say anything, I have always said we need more newbies, publicly advertising that we are a game full of cyber bullies is not a good start.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Sverige Pahis
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#62 - 2012-03-27 09:15:05 UTC
Lomarro wrote:
you really need to try harder to get enough member kicked so you and darius get a trip to iceland

Seleene
Body Count Inc.
Mercenary Coalition
#63 - 2012-03-27 09:17:58 UTC
Vile rat wrote:
You see Issler that's the problem. You are coming from a CSM time (CSM 3) where events were formal, people had meetings that accomplished little, and the entire thing was one big crowd facing publicity stunt for the people involved. Before you even have sat down to work with the other members you've already taken a stand that you're going to do your best to make a lot of political hay out of attacking one of them. I'd take some time to work with the other people first before you try to pull this ****.


I'm going to +1 this for a couple reasons:

The last CSM was very effective because we worked hard to stay in touch and not get publicly combative and look dysfunctional. Issler, you should probably sort out your NDA and get into Skype with the rest of us. We obviously have an issue to resolve but this isn't the way to go about it. Hell, some of us are asleep, just waking up or even still in Iceland. Smile

2004-2008: Mercenary Coalition Boss

2007-2010: CCP Game Designer | 2011-2013: CSM6 Delegate & CSM7 Chairman

2011-2015: Pandemic Legionnaire

2015- : Mercenary Coalition Boss

Follow Seleene on Twitter!

Mechaet
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#64 - 2012-03-27 09:27:30 UTC
Seleene wrote:
Vile rat wrote:
You see Issler that's the problem. You are coming from a CSM time (CSM 3) where events were formal, people had meetings that accomplished little, and the entire thing was one big crowd facing publicity stunt for the people involved. Before you even have sat down to work with the other members you've already taken a stand that you're going to do your best to make a lot of political hay out of attacking one of them. I'd take some time to work with the other people first before you try to pull this ****.


I'm going to +1 this for a couple reasons:

The last CSM was very effective because we worked hard to stay in touch and not get publicly combative and look dysfunctional. Issler, you should probably sort out your NDA and get into Skype with the rest of us. We obviously have an issue to resolve but this isn't the way to go about it. Hell, some of us are asleep, just waking up or even still in Iceland. Smile

Ladies and Gents, the recently re-elected Seleene, showing why repeated re-election is possible.
Avila Cracko
#65 - 2012-03-27 09:28:24 UTC
So this all is becoming "I cheated my wife, but i was drunk, so its ok" talk??? UghRoll

truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Hrald
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#66 - 2012-03-27 09:31:20 UTC
Avila Cracko wrote:
So this all is becoming "I cheated my wife, but i was drunk, so its ok" talk??? UghRoll

The Mittani has repeatedly disavowed using alcohol as an excuse for his behaviour. Reading comprehension, get some.
Hrald
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#67 - 2012-03-27 09:33:50 UTC
Vile rat wrote:



You see Issler that's the problem. You are coming from a CSM time (CSM 3) where events were formal, people had meetings that accomplished little, and the entire thing was one big crowd facing publicity stunt for the people involved. Before you even have sat down to work with the other members you've already taken a stand that you're going to do your best to make a lot of political hay out of attacking one of them. I'd take some time to work with the other people first before you try to pull this ****.

Also he signs his own posts.


Hrald
Red Templar
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#68 - 2012-03-27 10:09:46 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
I think standing up for what is right, definitely sounds like less of a PR stunt than shutting up on an issue this large, because you haven't worked with them yet. Trying not to actually pick a side or share in the outrage.

Before you say anything, I have always said we need more newbies, publicly advertising that we are a game full of cyber bullies is not a good start.

1. It is a PR stunt. She is trying to gain some points by being on a winning side of "moralists". Or at least the thinks they are going to win. Though i doubt that.
2. It is a good start. Cyber bullies will notice Eve and we get more players this way. And those who hate cyber bullies will also join, because they will get chance to get back at them in game, where you can actually inflict significant loses on your adversary.

TL:DR: shut the **** up frying pan.

[b]For Love. For Peace. For Honor.

For None of the Above.

For Pony![/b]

Taiwanistan
#69 - 2012-03-27 10:21:17 UTC
frying doom is a nutjob, go back to his posts supporting issler,
he still plagues issler's efforts

TA on wis: "when we have a feature that is its own functional ecosystem of gameplay then hooks into the greater ecosystem of EVE as a whole, and it provides good replayability."

Frying Doom
#70 - 2012-03-27 10:24:28 UTC
Taiwanistan wrote:
frying doom is a nutjob, go back to his posts supporting issler,
he still plagues issler's efforts

Thanks, I love criticism from such a morally upstanding, obviously sane individual.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Di Mulle
#71 - 2012-03-27 10:35:51 UTC
Vile rat wrote:
you've already taken a stand that you're going to do your best to make a lot of political hay out of attacking one of them. I'd take some time to work with the other people first before you try to pull this ****.



This probably is not bad thing on itself ? I recall certain CSM6 members enjoyed that tactics pretty much in their time...
<<Insert some waste of screen space here>>
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#72 - 2012-03-27 10:38:42 UTC
Issler Dainze wrote:
As a CSM 7 member I am extremely disappointed with Mittens behavior at Fanfest this year.

The CSM should not only represent the players that elected them but also represent Eve itself to the general public. Mittens in the past has shown himself to be very adept at messaging both in and out of Eve. I can't believe he could have been so misguided in calling for harassment of a possibly suicidal player.

I understand we can expect all manner of crazy behavior at Fanfest and previous goon leaders at the alliance panel have certainly made themselves "controversial" but I think this incident violates a boundary between what happens in Eve and real world damage. Whether or not the player in question was suicidal isn't the point. The point is, in a world where cyber bullying is an emerging issue, we have a prominent figure in Eve clearly calling encourage a real life suicide. That can't be defended on ant level.

Mittens, I've supported the right for folks to act out in Eve as a valid part of the "sandbox", but I can't support your recent actions.

At a minimum we need Mittens to apologize and admit he crossed the line with his behavior. I call to the other elected members of the CM7 join me in this demand!

If the CSM is remain a viable part of Eve we have to adhere to some code of conduct. This recent event is a black eye for the CSM and Eve in general.

CSM 7 join me in protesting this disappointing public display of poor judgement!

We in the CSM owe Eve a much higher standard of behavior!

Issler Dainze



Alex got drunk and made a fool of himself, for which he has now unreservedly apologized.

You, on the other hand, are coldly and calculatingly seeking to whip up and further spread the controversy around a private individual who never wanted any of this, purely to serve your own spiteful, vengeful powerseeking purposes.

Alex was clumsy and stupid in his attempt to make a bad joke. You are being callously manipulative in pursuit of political power.

You and all the other hypocrites doing the same disgust me. You are a far worse stain on the CSM than mittens could be even if he tried, because he lacks your talent for petty spite.

Get out.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Frying Doom
#73 - 2012-03-27 10:53:54 UTC
The thing I find scariest of all is the fact that so many people, seem to consider asking a crowd to try and get someone to kill them selves as foolish behavior or something that an apology and 200 bucks makes go away.

I do wonder if this is something to do with the culture of the United States, or if its a global concept. Yes he stuffed up but he did it on camera to a large audience in front of a large audience. I do actually feel sorry for the guy but worry about the future.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#74 - 2012-03-27 10:56:34 UTC
The thing I find scariest of all is a howling mob who completely disregard that an apology has been made and accepted, but believe that it's their business to keep this whole thing escalating, regardless of the effect on the person they claim to be defending.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Frying Doom
#75 - 2012-03-27 11:01:50 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
The thing I find scariest of all is a howling mob who completely disregard that an apology has been made and accepted, but believe that it's their business to keep this whole thing escalating, regardless of the effect on the person they claim to be defending.

I thought the apology was good actually but does an apology really cut it for what was said. That leads down the path of can you make real life death treats and just apologize later in the game now?

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Veshta Yoshida
PIE Inc.
Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris
#76 - 2012-03-27 11:04:22 UTC
Won't matter, the actions in questions violate the ToS on several counts .. he'll likely be kicked from council (if he doesn't leave on his own accord) and his account itself may be "audited".

We have all asked for CCP to throw the book at offenders when a violation is obvious in the past and applauded when CCP does so on their own ..
Question is if the threat of Goons having their head and only functioning brain severed (can't be good!) with the resulting rampage/rage-quits is enough to make CCP run away/cave in as they have done in the past. Hell, the Jita idiocy last summer will be dwarfed by what 10k players with what is essentially infinite ISK can do of damage to Eve.
esc shk
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#77 - 2012-03-27 11:08:29 UTC
It's funny because his actions weren't under the EULA or TOS.
Frying Doom
#78 - 2012-03-27 11:10:20 UTC
esc shk wrote:
It's funny because his actions weren't under the EULA or TOS.

I agree they were in real life in-front of thousands of people.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#79 - 2012-03-27 11:33:14 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
The thing I find scariest of all is a howling mob who completely disregard that an apology has been made and accepted, but believe that it's their business to keep this whole thing escalating, regardless of the effect on the person they claim to be defending.

I thought the apology was good actually but does an apology really cut it for what was said. That leads down the path of can you make real life death treats and just apologize later in the game now?


It's not up to you to decide if it "really cuts it", is it?

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

stierkobb
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#80 - 2012-03-27 11:33:43 UTC
Revolution Rising wrote:
Totally agree. CCP should be taking him out of CSM altogether and he should be left with a feeling that he's lucky he still has his accounts.

People have been banned for less.

I agree.