These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

CSM 7 - We Should Not Accept This Behavior!!

First post First post
Author
Frying Doom
#581 - 2012-04-01 00:04:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Frying Doom
Ayla Hanaya wrote:

Really... between you, Darius and Frying Pan, this is getting out of hand. Reading your posts makes me think you would like for RL consequences to be placed on Alexander. WTF is wrong with you people.

I have never said the X-Chairman should have RL consequences, I have posted someone else's post with laws in it to show that people where taking it to far. The loss of the CSM was fair for his behavior and lets face it that's just politics, personally I believe the ban was going too far.

Its a game no one should have RL consequences.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Ayla Hanaya
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#582 - 2012-04-01 00:20:45 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
Ayla Hanaya wrote:

Really... between you, Darius and Frying Pan, this is getting out of hand. Reading your posts makes me think you would like for RL consequences to be placed on Alexander. WTF is wrong with you people.

I have never said the X-Chairman should have RL consequences, I have posted someone else's post with laws in it to show that people where taking it to far. The loss of the CSM was fair for his behavior and lets face it that's just politics, personally I believe the ban was going too far.

Its a game no one should have RL consequences.


Fair point. Like I said, I only read about 5 pages into it. As long as you realize the separation between in game and RL, then all is good.
cerbus
Carpe Noctem.
#583 - 2012-04-01 08:33:45 UTC
Revolution Rising wrote:
We all know what really went on in CSM Skype.

Trebor was sitting behind his dungeon master screen, rolls some dice.

Seleene is yelling about how he's casting heal spells on mittani's wizard.

Trebor calmly turns to mittani "About your wizard dude"

"He..."

"He didn't make it."

Personally, I'd want to make sure everyone had signed their NDA too.


i want to consume you so that I absorb some of your power.

This character is no longer affiliated with the Caldari Prime Pony Club.

Jacob Staffuer
Doomheim
#584 - 2012-04-03 03:13:39 UTC
Goons are passe.
Soon Shin
Scarlet Weather Rhapsody
#585 - 2012-04-03 03:21:16 UTC
Do you mean "We" as in the CSM or just you? As far as I can tell you don't seem to have an intention of getting along with other CSM members. Times have changed, you are a relic of old times. CSM does not need your silliness around here.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#586 - 2012-04-03 05:38:27 UTC
Soon Shin wrote:
Do you mean "We" as in the CSM or just you? As far as I can tell you don't seem to have an intention of getting along with other CSM members.

Beautifully put.

I do hope, though, that the CSM is able to work together to embetter EVE. If you start churning out pants it will be quite a pity.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Issler Dainze
Tadakastu-Obata Corporation
The Honda Accord
#587 - 2012-04-03 05:56:24 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Soon Shin wrote:
Do you mean "We" as in the CSM or just you? As far as I can tell you don't seem to have an intention of getting along with other CSM members.

Beautifully put.

I do hope, though, that the CSM is able to work together to embetter EVE. If you start churning out pants it will be quite a pity.


So I have a rule. I block any goon that uses "pants" in a post to me.

Issler
Issler Dainze
Tadakastu-Obata Corporation
The Honda Accord
#588 - 2012-04-03 05:57:29 UTC
Soon Shin wrote:
Do you mean "We" as in the CSM or just you? As far as I can tell you don't seem to have an intention of getting along with other CSM members. Times have changed, you are a relic of old times. CSM does not need your silliness around here.


I like both Narwhales and ducks so you leave me conflicted.......


Issler
Harvister
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#589 - 2012-04-03 10:04:13 UTC
Fascinating! Shocked
Mugged Yougot
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#590 - 2012-04-11 16:42:38 UTC
To OP: For Christ's sake! He was standing on a stage drunk, while wearing a ******* wizard-hat. He said something stupid, and regretted it and apologized afterwards. You guys are portraying him out as a monster, a sociopath without limits and a person that wishes nothing else upon others than agony and misery. That is kinda offensive as well, isn't it? You're probably a perfect individual yourself, that never do mistakes. Oh wait.. Aren't you supposed to be in the kitchen?
Psichotic
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#591 - 2012-04-12 00:00:34 UTC
Mugged Yougot wrote:
You guys are portraying him out as a monster, a sociopath without limits and a person that wishes nothing else upon others than agony and misery. That is kinda offensive as well, isn't it?


He acts like a sociopath in Eve, as he, himself has stated:


The only question is should he be allowed to act like a sadist in Eve and not be judged that way as a person? And to that I say to whatever percentage of his time he devotes to being a sociopath and a sadist, that is the extent to which he is a sociopath and a sadist. You must have some level of psychopathy to find a topic mala in se to be funny - drunk or not (in fact drunk is even worse since it is behavior as a result of lowering your guard and showing what you really think).

quot=Mugged Yougot]For Christ's sake! He was standing on a stage drunk, while wearing a ******* wizard-hat.[/quote]
Again, Mittani spoke to that very point:

Mugged Yougot wrote:

He said something stupid, and regretted it and apologized afterwards.

I will answer that with a quote from the aggrieved party:
The Wis wrote:

[21:30:50] The Wis > Ok.. Well that is nice. Hmm.. wait.. If i do kill my self they might arrest him and prosicute him since he is in the US.. That would really be bad for him.
[21:31:01] The Wis > Just kidding of course but a thought.

Anyone who has the thought of killing themselves to get back at another person has been pushed too far.

It occurs to me Mittani better hope that kid does not harm himself. If he does the police - the real life local police - may very well knock on his door. That goes the wrong way and he will be in jail learning a whole new definition of the word "butthurt".


So yeah, I'd say this is a serious issue.


Mugged Yougot
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#592 - 2012-04-12 01:43:49 UTC
Psichotic wrote:
He acts like a sociopath in Eve, as he, himself has stated:


The only question is should he be allowed to act like a sadist in Eve and not be judged that way as a person? And to that I say to whatever percentage of his time he devotes to being a sociopath and a sadist, that is the extent to which he is a sociopath and a sadist. You must have some level of psychopathy to find a topic mala in se to be funny - drunk or not (in fact drunk is even worse since it is behavior as a result of lowering your guard and showing what you really think).
Yes, he should. Why? Because it's a ******* computer game. I don't see people passing judgement on MW 4 players just because they like to shoot and blow apart people. It's quite amusing how people are screaming about keeping rl and ig separated, yet they judge the personality based on a player's actions in the game.

I don't really understand why you post that quote? It's rather counterproductive for your case. He realizes he has only himself to blame for getting drunk before the presentation. He takes it all on his own cape and accepts his punishment. Very "sociopathic" behavior, I must say. This guy must be a monster!!!

Psichotic wrote:
The Wis wrote:

[21:30:50] The Wis > Ok.. Well that is nice. Hmm.. wait.. If i do kill my self they might arrest him and prosicute him since he is in the US.. That would really be bad for him.
[21:31:01] The Wis > Just kidding of course but a thought.

Anyone who has the thought of killing themselves to get back at another person has been pushed too far.

It occurs to me Mittani better hope that kid does not harm himself. If he does the police - the real life local police - may very well knock on his door. That goes the wrong way and he will be in jail learning a whole new definition of the word "butthurt".


So yeah, I'd say this is a serious issue.
So it's ok for a person to joke about him killing himself because of another person, but it's not ok to joke about said persons commiting suicide? Both are ok, because they are ******* jokes, and it seems like the only people who understand this are the ones involved.
Ayla Hanaya
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#593 - 2012-04-12 03:07:35 UTC
Stop beating a dead horse, cmon, the man accepted his guilt, gave up ALL his iskies to the fellow who was wronged, (who, BTW, DID NOT EVEN KNOW ABOUT THIS SH*T going on in the forums or at FanFest.) which if you would read the original apology, Mittani did not hide behind his character, and owned up, (which I'm sure many individuals who play EVE have tried to duck responsibility for similar things before, perhaps not involving EVE but the idea is the same and makes those individuals hypocrites), and the chat logs where Liang talked to this individual, he had no clue, and had been quietly mining ice and didn't even remember the Mittani in particular. Odds are, when he recieved to the tune of 8+BN isk in his account from The Mittani, he had no clue what that was all about. Please, let the thread die, and go back to spaceships. Its done and over, get over it.

TL;DR: The horse is dead, and is starting to smell rotten. Read this blog and actually ABSORB the info in it into your thick skulls, instead of chopping it into contextless quotes to keep your RIGHTEOUS RAEG going, and drop the thread. The Mittani - Hero?
Psichotic
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#594 - 2012-04-12 05:44:05 UTC
Mugged Yougot wrote:
So it's ok for a person to joke about him killing himself because of another person, but it's not ok to joke about said persons commiting suicide?

No, it's not OK for someone to joke about someone killing themselves under any circumstances I can think of.

Mugged Yougot wrote:
It's quite amusing how people are screaming about keeping rl and ig separated, yet they judge the personality based on a player's actions in the game.

A game is like any other social setting, how you act in the social environment is a reflection upon you as a person. Indeed, an online setting is a particularly uninhibited expression of yourself because we are sitting at home in our PJs. If you're a griefer in an MMO, while you may not be guilty of anything per se, I wouldn't want you hanging around my family.


Is there a separation between your online personality and your offline personality? Human psychology isn't that clean-cut. There is a level of separation and a level of congruence. The extent of which depends on the person. In a case where someone spends a significant amount of time online I think there can be a great deal of bleed-over.

Lapine Davion
Outer Ring Applied Logistics
#595 - 2012-04-12 06:10:13 UTC
Psichotic wrote:
Mugged Yougot wrote:
So it's ok for a person to joke about him killing himself because of another person, but it's not ok to joke about said persons commiting suicide?

No, it's not OK for someone to joke about someone killing themselves under any circumstances I can think of.

Mugged Yougot wrote:
It's quite amusing how people are screaming about keeping rl and ig separated, yet they judge the personality based on a player's actions in the game.

A game is like any other social setting, how you act in the social environment is a reflection upon you as a person. Indeed, an online setting is a particularly uninhibited expression of yourself because we are sitting at home in our PJs. If you're a griefer in an MMO, while you may not be guilty of anything per se, I wouldn't want you hanging around my family.


Is there a separation between your online personality and your offline personality? Human psychology isn't that clean-cut. There is a level of separation and a level of congruence. The extent of which depends on the person. In a case where someone spends a significant amount of time online I think there can be a great deal of bleed-over.



Welp, guess 75% of Eve needs to be locked up in order to protect us from society.

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]

Mugged Yougot
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#596 - 2012-04-12 07:18:02 UTC
Psichotic wrote:
No, it's not OK for someone to joke about someone killing themselves under any circumstances I can think of.
Not even when it involves clowns? But from joke to shotgun, and kinda back to joke again.. Have you never heard anyone say "someone please kill me/end my misery/along those lines" ? I have heard it quite a few times, especially when I start singing (hmm.. I'm starting to see a pattern here).. But yeah, back to shotgun: I think you got my point.

Psichotic wrote:
A game is like any other social setting, how you act in the social environment is a reflection upon you as a person. Indeed, an online setting is a particularly uninhibited expression of yourself because we are sitting at home in our PJs. If you're a griefer in an MMO, while you may not be guilty of anything per se, I wouldn't want you hanging around my family.

I used to be a gamer embracing the light side of every single game I played. I often went into a game with the mindset of being "evil" but ended up being "good" pretty fast. But then I started playing SW:TOR (quit playing it as well) and now I'm embracing being a ****. Would you say that my personality changed over night just because I started playing a new game?

Psichotic wrote:
Is there a separation between your online personality and your offline personality? Human psychology isn't that clean-cut. There is a level of separation and a level of congruence. The extent of which depends on the person. In a case where someone spends a significant amount of time online I think there can be a great deal of bleed-over.
Obviously, if you are a cynical person you have an easier time being a **** in games, but that doesn't necessary mean you want people to kill themselves just because they got different goals and ambitions than you.. You are trying to tug this in all different directions in order to prove that Mittani is at least a borderline sociopath, but you are dealing in absolutes. There is a grayzone between good and evil, you know?
Jade Constantine
Jericho Fraction
The Star Fraction
#597 - 2012-04-12 15:13:17 UTC
Mugged Yougot wrote:
]Obviously, if you are a cynical person you have an easier time being a **** in games, but that doesn't necessary mean you want people to kill themselves just because they got different goals and ambitions than you.. You are trying to tug this in all different directions in order to prove that Mittani is at least a borderline sociopath, but you are dealing in absolutes. There is a grayzone between good and evil, you know?



Look, Mittani's player probably isn't actually a borderline sociopath. He had a job as a legal clerk or something so he must be able to work in an office in some manner. But what Mittani's player is responsible for to some degree is the actions of his alliance of thousands which almost certainly includes any number of borderline sociopaths who have in the past proved quite capable of significant rl abuse, harrassment, bullying, criminality and general nutcase behaviour on the internet. The "great leader" of goonswarm says "harrass this guy to suicide" and a whole bunch of under-socialized basement kids drunk on malicious bullying and edgy troll fever are going to start looking for ways to make the target commit "suicide" for real.

We've seen the extents that goonswarm will go. We've had the reports of them spamming rl female players with obscene material to personal and workplace addresses. We've seen them make signatures to mock the bereaved father of a road-accident victim. We've seen utterly horrendous examples of harrassment and stalking from these guys. So the leader cannot just wipe his hands and claim he has no responsibility.

The True Knowledge is that nothing matters that does not matter to you, might does make right and power makes freedom

ConXtionS
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#598 - 2012-04-12 18:22:20 UTC
It was goons who took this OUT OF THE GAME and INTO REAL LIFE.

I am sickened that you guys keep saying "mittens made one drunken mistake"....

IT WAS A MISTAKE THAT WAS PLANNED FOR MONTHS!

Again, I call for the CSM to complain to CCP and read every mail from goons to see how much HARASSMENT is really out there. I call for the BANNING of anyone who behaves this way and support DARIUS because he wants the game to be JUST A GAME!

People pay for coms, stay out of their stuff.

People pay for email stay out of their stuff.

and people PAY FOR THIS GAME...

If you dont want to be treated like a goon consider NOT ACTING LIKE A GOON!

Leave people alone and stop all the "meta gaming" crap.

BAN EVERYONE WHO BREAKS THE RULES!

Tarryn Nightstorm
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#599 - 2012-04-12 18:33:04 UTC
Jacob Staffuer wrote:
Goons are passe.


^^This^^

And from the looks of it, they know it.

[/necro]

Star Wars: the Old Republic may not be EVE. But I'll take the sound of dual blaster-pistols over "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW!!!11oneone!!" any day of the week.

Mugged Yougot
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#600 - 2012-04-12 19:47:11 UTC
Jade Constantine wrote:
Look, Mittani's player probably isn't actually a borderline sociopath. He had a job as a legal clerk or something so he must be able to work in an office in some manner. But what Mittani's player is responsible for to some degree is the actions of his alliance of thousands which almost certainly includes any number of borderline sociopaths who have in the past proved quite capable of significant rl abuse, harrassment, bullying, criminality and general nutcase behaviour on the internet. The "great leader" of goonswarm says "harrass this guy to suicide" and a whole bunch of under-socialized basement kids drunk on malicious bullying and edgy troll fever are going to start looking for ways to make the target commit "suicide" for real.
Care to provide proof of you claims? And even it's true, you can not blame and individual's real life actions on his digital corporation-founder.

Constantine wrote:
We've seen the extents that goonswarm will go. We've had the reports of them spamming rl female players with obscene material to personal and workplace addresses. We've seen them make signatures to mock the bereaved father of a road-accident victim. We've seen utterly horrendous examples of harrassment and stalking from these guys. So the leader cannot just wipe his hands and claim he has no responsibility.
If this is true, then I will rest my case. Please provide proof.