These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

@CCP Marketing Mittani scandle.

First post
Author
Deathwing Reborn
#21 - 2012-03-26 16:34:17 UTC
Ladie Harlot wrote:
Deathwing Reborn wrote:

Now all we need is a hot little red head (CCP Sunset) to walk up behind Mittani in a public venue and put a bullet in him

Quoting this in case you edit it later.

Why would I want to edit it? To get this kind of comment out of a Goon against their Goon leader is an honor.

ElQuirko wrote:
Lord Grantham wrote:
It's a video game. Seriously.

Of course! If he tops himself, he'll just wake up in a clone bay. Death really isn't a big issue in RL at all. Roll

I guess that would be a cool way to end the trailer I guess.
Deathwing Reborn
#22 - 2012-03-26 16:40:26 UTC
Lord Grantham wrote:
Deathwing Reborn wrote:
I say we just take from the Future Vision of Eve.
Now all we need is a hot little red head (CCP Sunset) to walk up behind Mittani in a public venue and put a bullet in him and make a trailer out of it.

Also, there's no reason to be misogynistic towards CCP Sunset by sexualizing her.

Why am I being "misogynistic towards CCP Sunset by sexualizing her"? The trailer had a red head woman and CCP sunset is the only red head CCP employee I could think of. As far as the "hot" I fully stand by my opinion of her looks.

Thanks Sunset for a great EVE TV presentation :-)
Asuka Solo
I N E X T R E M I S
Tactical Narcotics Team
#23 - 2012-03-26 16:42:13 UTC
Alua Oresson wrote:
Reported for advocating RL assasination of a fellow Eve player.

Food for thought...

Life expectancy of snitches...

Eve is about Capital ships, WiS, Boobs, PI and Isk!

Orkasm
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#24 - 2012-03-26 16:43:36 UTC
~ 10,058 ~ People are not disgusted,
Astrid Stjerna
Sebiestor Tribe
#25 - 2012-03-26 16:44:03 UTC
Lord Grantham wrote:
[

So a psychologicaly-unstable person should be harrassed until he takes his own life, 'because it's all just a game'?

How jaded we've all become.

I've sit beside someone with blood streaming from razor-cuts, while she talks about committing suicide. I've been depressed enough that I was ready to die, and stood with a knife to my wrist for ten minutes. Thankfully, I had friends that cared enough to help me.

There's no excuse for what was said during that panel. None. Encouraging harassment, and inviting others to participate in that harassment and advocate suicide, is really beyond the pale. Insensitive, offensive, call it what you will -- that kind of behavior is unacceptable for a public figure, and especially so for someone in such a highly-visible position as CSM Chair.

The Mittani has tainted his office, and by all rights, he should step down. We'd ask nothing less of any real-world politician that showed similar bad judgement, after all.

Why should the Mittani be any less accountable?

I can't get rid of my darn signature!  Oh, wait....

Grumpy Owly
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#26 - 2012-03-26 16:45:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Grumpy Owly
Orkasm wrote:
~ 10,058 ~ People are not disgusted,

Shouldn't that be accounts? So therefore something like 3% or less by equivalence for EvE?
Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#27 - 2012-03-26 16:45:47 UTC
Astrid Stjerna wrote:
Lord Grantham wrote:
[

So a psychologicaly-unstable person should be harrassed until he takes his own life, 'because it's all just a game'?

I've sit beside someone with blood streaming from razor-cuts, while she talks about committing suicide. I've been depressed enough that I was ready to die, and stood with a knife to my wrist for ten minutes. Thankfully, I had friends that cared enough to help me.

There's no excuse for what was said during that panel. None. Encouraging harassment, and inviting others to participate in that harassment and advocate suicide, is really beyond the pale. Insensitive, offensive, call it what you will -- that kind of behavior is unacceptable for a public figure, and especially so for someone in such a highly-visible position as CSM Chair.

The Mittani has tainted his office, and by all rights, he should step down. We'd ask nothing less of any real-world politician that showed similar bad judgement, after all.

He should be accountable. Sadly for the goon-haters he didn't do anything wrong.

The artist formerly known as Ladie Scarlet.

el cowboy
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#28 - 2012-03-26 16:47:06 UTC
Ladie Harlot wrote:
el cowboy wrote:
I am surprised you haven't gotten any of the goons in here yet to give their "thanks for the publicity" posts or any of the "why put up another Mittani post" comments.

I completely agree, lets deal with him in real EVE fashion and deal with it as such. It would be a great publicity stunt to show that actions have their consequences.

counterpoint: you are in IRC

Your counterpoint is invalid. Just look at what happen to your paid pet xXDeathXx. Need to try a bit harder to troll please.

And yes, I agree with OP I think this would be a great way for CCP to spin this. They get to let the Goons have their small bit of publicity again, and all of the outraged Eve players get to see Mittani removed from CSM. I think its a Win / Win.
Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#29 - 2012-03-26 16:47:23 UTC
Thank you for posting this, OP, because the other eleventy billion threads on it were full.

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." -Soviet infantry manual,

Deathwing Reborn
#30 - 2012-03-26 16:52:55 UTC
Astrid Stjerna wrote:
Lord Grantham wrote:
[

Please no arguing upon the morality or if it was right or wrong in this thread. There are plenty of other threads dedicated to this.

This thread already has the assumption that he was wrong for what he did and how we can utilize this scandle to better EVE and its image to the world. Even the goons in this thread haven't said this is a bad idea so I think its all good constructive conversation for a good idea of a EVE trailer.
Alua Oresson
Alcorp Unlimited
#31 - 2012-03-26 16:56:30 UTC
Asuka Solo wrote:
Alua Oresson wrote:
Reported for advocating RL assasination of a fellow Eve player.

Food for thought...

Life expectancy of snitches...

If you mean in game, I currently am based out of RO9. I also can be found occasionally around cloud ring. Please, come shorten my life expectancy.

http://pvpwannabe.blogspot.com/

Gossamer DT
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#32 - 2012-03-26 16:57:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Gossamer DT
ah yes, becase everything on the internet is 100% the truth, you guys act like this pilot is 100% on the level and would not say just about any thing to stop his ships from being ganked. It's so amazing to see you guys take up the banner for someone claiming such things with out even a single shread of poof.

Hey I need a loan, I have hit a bad spot in my life and if I don't get some isk I will have to go with out food to keep playing eve.

who is your main, and what does he do?

Dbars Grinding
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2012-03-26 17:00:21 UTC
herp derp im a retired young kid who doesn't know what a hard days work is so that entitles me to say someone should kill themselves herp derp.

I have more space likes than you. 

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#34 - 2012-03-26 17:00:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Ranger 1
Quote:
We'd ask nothing less of any real-world politician that showed similar bad judgement, after all.

I believe this is the point where you lost contact with reality.

He ISN'T a real world politician.

He IS a gamer who was making humorous comments and observations concerning a game he enjoys enough to try and directly influence for the better, and is fully entitled express his opinion... even in the form of a witty or sarcastic remark.

If you do not like his sense of humor or opinion, vote against him if he runs for re-election again. Just don't expect the EVE community to support a demand that he step down (perhaps "be retired" is a better word in this case) because his statement may have offended some.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Lord Grantham
Downton Endeavours
#35 - 2012-03-26 17:01:25 UTC
Deathwing Reborn wrote:
Lord Grantham wrote:
Deathwing Reborn wrote:
Now all we need is a hot little red head (CCP Sunset) to walk up behind Mittani in a public venue and put a bullet in him and make a trailer out of it.

Also, there's no reason to be misogynistic towards CCP Sunset by sexualizing her.

Why am I being "misogynistic towards CCP Sunset by sexualizing her"? The trailer had a red head woman and CCP sunset is the only red head CCP employee I could think of. As far as the "hot" I fully stand by my opinion of her looks.

You likely wouldn't refer to your mother or sister in such a manner nor would you approve of another gentleman speaking to either your wife or significant other in this way because it is highly inappropriate. "Hot" and "little" are both demeaning terms in the context that you used them because of their implicit sexual implications.
Ammzi
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#36 - 2012-03-26 17:01:57 UTC
If mittens really does get pulled off the CSM for this.... oh god can you imagine the irony?
A famous honorless alliance leader achieves something that no one else has achieved and at that same time crosses a line that will take that achievement away.

Auch. that's gotta hurt, but to be honest it all depends on how big a public outcry this will be. If it will be big enough then yes CCP will be forced to remove him.

forced to remove him.
Deathwing Reborn
#37 - 2012-03-26 17:09:54 UTC
Lord Grantham wrote:
Deathwing Reborn wrote:
Lord Grantham wrote:
Deathwing Reborn wrote:

You likely wouldn't refer to your mother or sister in such a manner nor would you approve of another gentleman speaking to either your wife or significant other in this way because it is highly inappropriate. "Hot" and "little" are both demeaning terms in the context that you used them because of their implicit sexual implications.

You are correct I would not refer to my mother or sister in such a manner because I am not into inbreeding. And just to clarify that I am not intending that comment to refer that you are, I have no public statement to state that inbreeding is either good bad or indiferent and if you do prefer things that way it is your God given right to do so.

And you obviously don't have a wife, because if you don't want other people thinking your wife looks good then you yourself probably don't tell her that. And if you do have a wife I feel sorry for you both as you probably do not have a healthy relationship due to your inability to tell her that she is the best looking woman in your life.
Rico Minali
Sons Of 0din
Commonwealth Vanguard
#38 - 2012-03-26 17:14:20 UTC
[quote=Deathwing Reborn
Now all we need is a hot little red head (CCP Sunset) to walk up.[/quote]

Internet virgin spots female internet person and start to wierd out. Termination requested.

Trust me, I almost know what I'm doing.

Lord Grantham
Downton Endeavours
#39 - 2012-03-26 17:49:23 UTC
Deathwing Reborn wrote:

You are correct I would not refer to my mother or sister in such a manner because I am not into inbreeding. And just to clarify that I am not intending that comment to refer that you are, I have no public statement to state that inbreeding is either good bad or indiferent and if you do prefer things that way it is your God given right to do so.

And you obviously don't have a wife, because if you don't want other people thinking your wife looks good then you yourself probably don't tell her that. And if you do have a wife I feel sorry for you both as you probably do not have a healthy relationship due to your inability to tell her that she is the best looking woman in your life.

You are extraordinary defensive about incest when in fact, I was simply referring to the language that one chooses to use when addressing a woman that you are related to as opposed to a woman that you are not related to.That is somewhat concerning.

There's no reason for you to resort to an ad hominem attack but I can assure you, Sir, that it is far more appropriate to express to one's wife or significant other their profound attractiveness than it is to do the same to a complete stranger whom you have no relationship with at all.

Though, my wife accepts your expressed sympathies for what she calls her,"the profound burden of her life".
Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#40 - 2012-03-26 17:51:38 UTC
el cowboy wrote:
Your counterpoint is invalid. Just look at what happen to your paid pet xXDeathXx. Need to try a bit harder to troll please.

You are a pet alliance. I don't even need to try.

The artist formerly known as Ladie Scarlet.

Previous page123Next page