These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

CSM The Mittani's Misconduct Calls for Resignation - We Did It!

First post First post
Author
EnderCapitalG
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1581 - 2012-03-26 23:33:09 UTC
Professor Alphane wrote:
Andski wrote:
he's resigning the chair get over yourselves



He should be banned and possibly indited mate


Indicted

Learn to spell, troll.
advii
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#1582 - 2012-03-26 23:33:30 UTC
Khanh'rhh wrote:
I like how everyone is posting as though Mittens actually wanted the guy dead, when it was just a joke in bad taste.

Do you guys think comedians who step over the line to be offensive because it's funny, also deserve some legal action?

Bill Hicks spent his entire career telling anyone he didn't like to go kill themselves.


This is what I couldn't turn into words in my post. Thank you.
Jada Maroo
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#1583 - 2012-03-26 23:33:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Jada Maroo
Sometimes seeing yourself act like an out of control drunken clown shocks you back to reality. This is why I have a strict two daiquiri limit. Lol
esc shk
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#1584 - 2012-03-26 23:33:46 UTC
:catstare:
Professor Alphane
Guns-R-Us Toy Company
#1585 - 2012-03-26 23:33:59 UTC
Fractal Muse wrote:
Professor Alphane wrote:

He had a presetation of the mail . he just knocked that up for lulz pissed on Icelandic grog did he?


That was an example of the mail that Goon's get.

He didn't do anything other than read the mail. He didn't editorialize it or provide a commentary at that time to suggest that the person should pursue any course of action in regards to the mail itself. He read a couple of other mails out loud as well.

It is clear that he didn't have a planned intent to encourage everyone to have this person commit suicide.

His comment to that end was during the question and answer phase. As such it was reactionary / spur of the moment and not planned as such.



He had prepared that slide show, he had scripted and fully intended to mock the mentaly unstable , he and his goons had al;ready made the infraction, encouraging poeple to do it AGAIN was just the icing on the cake

[center]YOU MUST THINK FIRST....[/center] [center]"I sit with the broken angels clutching at straws and nursing our scars.." - Marillion [/center] [center]The wise man watches the rise and fall of fools from afar[/center]

Terminal Insanity
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#1586 - 2012-03-26 23:34:07 UTC
Vincent VanDamme wrote:
Istvaan Shogaatsu wrote:
As someone who has suffered from severe depression and suicidal ideation for a majority of his life, I think it's pretty disgusting how so many people are trying to use this event as an excuse to get Mittani in trouble.

You people don't give a rat's ass about the suicidal guy in actuality, and this much is blatantly obvious - you just want to leverage the fact that "there's a suicidal guy" to get Mittens out of CSM. The "suicidal guy" in question is probably going to suffer more from the widespread media exposure you gave him by dredging up this non-event, than he would have from a handful of Goons acting predictably asinine.

Go shoot the Jita monument some more, you utter prats.


Quoted for truth.



"War declarations are never officially considered griefing and are not a bannable offense, and it has been repeatedly stated by the developers that the possibility for non-consensual PvP is an intended feature." - CCP

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#1587 - 2012-03-26 23:34:45 UTC
Ammzi wrote:
he is getting consequences now and is being harrased for no more reason that because Mittani said so. Which is against the Terms of Services of CCP... look it up.


No, you massive moron, he's being harassed because of YOU bringing so much attention to it.

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Karadion
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1588 - 2012-03-26 23:35:15 UTC
Ammzi wrote:
Khanh'rhh wrote:
I like how everyone is posting as though Mittens actually wanted the guy dead, when it was just a joke in bad taste.

Do you guys think comedians who step over the line to be offensive because it's funny, also deserve some legal action?

Bill Hicks spent his entire career telling anyone he didn't like to go kill themselves.


It was maybe a joke to some people, but for other there's consequences.

The Wis says...

he is getting consequences now and is being harrased for no more reason that because Mittani said so. Which is against the Terms of Services of CCP... look it up.

Then he should be reporting those people who are doing that. No one signed an EULA or TOS when they went to fanfest.
Lt Pizi
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1589 - 2012-03-26 23:35:32 UTC
Vincent VanDamme wrote:
Istvaan Shogaatsu wrote:
As someone who has suffered from severe depression and suicidal ideation for a majority of his life, I think it's pretty disgusting how so many people are trying to use this event as an excuse to get Mittani in trouble.

You people don't give a rat's ass about the suicidal guy in actuality, and this much is blatantly obvious - you just want to leverage the fact that "there's a suicidal guy" to get Mittens out of CSM. The "suicidal guy" in question is probably going to suffer more from the widespread media exposure you gave him by dredging up this non-event, than he would have from a handful of Goons acting predictably asinine.

Go shoot the Jita monument some more, you utter prats.


Quoted for truth.




Isvaan whiteknighting

oh the irony

Goon Tears are best tears, because they're 25% alcohol by volume!

Professor Alphane
Guns-R-Us Toy Company
#1590 - 2012-03-26 23:35:38 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
EnderCapitalG wrote:
Bibosikus wrote:
So Mittani thinks that "sending all his isk" to a suicidal player is some sort of recompense?

ffs - the twitter is yet another faux pas


It has never been proven that the player is suicidal.

Stop using this hilariously awful strawman.


Indeed, especially since he joked about the suicide reference immediately afterward.



That was a long time ago the incident happened the conversation where he makes light of it ,something people often do with highly streesful things was recently..

Get your facts straight then try the same with your morals

[center]YOU MUST THINK FIRST....[/center] [center]"I sit with the broken angels clutching at straws and nursing our scars.." - Marillion [/center] [center]The wise man watches the rise and fall of fools from afar[/center]

Archdaimon
Merchants of the Golden Goose
#1591 - 2012-03-26 23:35:40 UTC
Akelorian wrote:
The accusations made against him are serious and what CCP should do, is suspend The Mittani PENDING the outcome of the investigation.


What is to investigate? Watching the video 10 times over?

It's very simple. CCP will wait a few days until people cooled of, check if this is becoming a PR problem or not.
If regular media picks it up, Mittani will have to respond one way or the other if he is smart he is planning now already. Worst outcome is that he is suspended or any some such similar.
If regular media does not he can write it on his Goon CV and do a suicide gank massacre in jita (pun inteded).

So cry havoc and let loose the media. Can an event such as this pick up in regular media? Does Sony care?

Stay tuned for episode two.


Wormholes have the best accoustics. It's known. - Sing it for me -

Grath Telkin
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#1592 - 2012-03-26 23:36:01 UTC
Professor Alphane wrote:



He had prepared that slide show, he had scripted and fully intended to mock the mentaly unstable , he and his goons had al;ready made the infraction, encouraging poeple to do it AGAIN was just the icing on the cake


CCP approves all that before hand, so somebody saw his slides and presentation and was ok with it.


One of the others mocked the national anthem of every country conceivable.


Another one had pictures of actual poop in it.


All that was approved by a CCP staff member before hand.

Malcanis - Without drone assign, the slowcat doctrine will wither and die.

Simetraz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1593 - 2012-03-26 23:36:06 UTC
Manar Detri wrote:

Isn't this about a csm telling people to harrass a person in an internet spaceship game in order to make him commit a suicide?:D

Idon't see how this can in any way be used for "this dude ganked me and i wanna kill maself".

It'd been great and all that if mittani went "damn, imma gonna go and find him and gank him some more". But he went and blurfed "everyone go gank him till he drops dead" so to say .

So no, if somethings done bout this ****, it sure as hell won't have an impact on ganking (remember, ganking is the point in the game).



This in of it self could be considered harassment which is a bannable offense.
However generally the target of said harassment is the one that reports it NOT a third party.

BUT telling someone to do something is not the same thing as actually performing the action.
Ted says "Jim go tell Scott to jump off a bridge"

Scott does it.
Who is responsibile ?
Well all things considered if Ted is responsibile then so is Jim.

So in short if Mitten's gets banned he won't be alone.

Should he get banned, who knows this could just be another fake show, or it could be real.

Either way it makes CSM apear to be a complete joke.
Oh and the CSM itself should elect there own Chairman and in cases like this they should be making the call if he should be removed as the chairman, and CCP of course gets to decide everything else.




Ajita al Tchar
Doomheim
#1594 - 2012-03-26 23:36:11 UTC
POS repping is boring so I will continue shitposting as them modules keep cycling.

I had approximately exactly 0 opinion on Mittens and his CSM candidature/chairmanship (charismatic person is charismatic, and political drama is lol anyway) and I still don't really care about either of those things even in light of recent events. But in case his tweets aren't a massive trololol, I must say that I now have an opinion of him as an individual, and it is positive. People who make a mistake (and saying stupid **** when you have such a high profile position IS a mistake) but try to weasel out of it, pretend like it never happen, make up justification, etc. are pretty low on my list of people I can respect. Owning up to a mistake and be willing to accept the consequences, however, is exactly the opposite. It takes gumption. Now, obviously the world doesn't give two ***** about what I think, but such is my opinion anyway.

(In the event of it all being a massive troll this post is wired to self-destruct. Well, it would be given the option Lol )
Daktar Jaxs
Sniggerdly
Pandemic Legion
#1595 - 2012-03-26 23:36:19 UTC
Darronis Olachenko wrote:

Then why have you and your other goon friends spent hours here with your head up Mittani's ass responding to us pubbies?


Did you not listen to Dear Leader's presentation? We Love your tears, they fuel us.
Professor Alphane
Guns-R-Us Toy Company
#1596 - 2012-03-26 23:36:40 UTC
Terminal Insanity wrote:
Vincent VanDamme wrote:
Istvaan Shogaatsu wrote:
As someone who has suffered from severe depression and suicidal ideation for a majority of his life, I think it's pretty disgusting how so many people are trying to use this event as an excuse to get Mittani in trouble.

You people don't give a rat's ass about the suicidal guy in actuality, and this much is blatantly obvious - you just want to leverage the fact that "there's a suicidal guy" to get Mittens out of CSM. The "suicidal guy" in question is probably going to suffer more from the widespread media exposure you gave him by dredging up this non-event, than he would have from a handful of Goons acting predictably asinine.

Go shoot the Jita monument some more, you utter prats.


Quoted for truth.






Sorry BS I care nothing for CCP's psuedo political circus till now

[center]YOU MUST THINK FIRST....[/center] [center]"I sit with the broken angels clutching at straws and nursing our scars.." - Marillion [/center] [center]The wise man watches the rise and fall of fools from afar[/center]

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1597 - 2012-03-26 23:36:57 UTC  |  Edited by: baltec1
Ammzi wrote:
Khanh'rhh wrote:
I like how everyone is posting as though Mittens actually wanted the guy dead, when it was just a joke in bad taste.

Do you guys think comedians who step over the line to be offensive because it's funny, also deserve some legal action?

Bill Hicks spent his entire career telling anyone he didn't like to go kill themselves.


It was maybe a joke to some people, but for other there's consequences.

The Wis says...

he is getting consequences now and is being harrased for no more reason that because Mittani said so. Which is against the Terms of Services of CCP... look it up.


He is getting attacked because of you idiots making him a massive target. Nobody would have remembered him at all if not for these white knight topics.
Manar Detri
#1598 - 2012-03-26 23:37:01 UTC
Grath Telkin wrote:
Manar Detri wrote:


So no, if somethings done bout this ****, it sure as hell won't have an impact on ganking (remember, ganking is the point in the game).


Not just ganking, if you can't see how this gets gamed I can lay out just ONE way.

Say we have a fight, you win, I get mad. I write a letter to you including my rl Email address in it talking about how sad ive been and all the terribly sloppy thoughts that go with scumbags that think like that.


I wait 2 weeks, make a bunch of **** up and send it to my Email address using a VPN to mask where it came from (this won't be an FBI investigation, it'll suffer a cursory examination, and thats all it needs) and then petition you using the mails I received in your name. Those mails crafted to be mocking, supporting suicide, complete with missives to other corp members directing them to grief myself.

That took 3 minutes to think up.


This sets the bar for that, you can think it won't, but it will.


Yeah but then u'd have to get teh guy to say "send emails tothis guy" on a public stream or a similar thing :o encouraging others to do it. So no you fail :P (and stop being pessimistic, NO ONE WILL TOUCH MY GANKS!)

Also, email works in real world, eve mail works on ccp servers and you ain't going to mask anything there. They know everything.

In real world a cursory examination isn't all thats done, and even through vpn you'll be tracked to ur proxy which gets a legal notice to give you up.. or suffer.

Anyways, cut this **** up already, no ones interested in this thread
EnderCapitalG
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1599 - 2012-03-26 23:37:07 UTC
But none of them were goons, you see.

Being a goon is worth all the hate in the world because,
Headerman
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#1600 - 2012-03-26 23:37:15 UTC
Jokingly or not, encouraging someone to do their own block is just a big no-no.

Honestly, if you get your kicks from doing something like that then i seriously doubt he should be representing such a player at that level.

Australian Fanfest Event https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=90062