These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Crime Spree

Author
Psychotic Monk
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#81 - 2012-03-19 17:35:41 UTC
Ash Stewart wrote:

Just get out there and find them (hint.... try Great Wildlands).

It's been my experience that Great Wildlands never has anyone in it. Dozens of systems with nobody home.
Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#82 - 2012-03-19 17:36:52 UTC
Ash Stewart
T.R.I.A.D
Ushra'Khan
#83 - 2012-03-19 17:45:12 UTC
Psychotic Monk wrote:
Ash Stewart wrote:

Just get out there and find them (hint.... try Great Wildlands).

It's been my experience that Great Wildlands never has anyone in it. Dozens of systems with nobody home.

it's like that alot. At leat your blob concerns are dealt with :P

Have a bubble at one of the main entrance ways, and you'll get your targets.

.................It's the eye of the tiger, it's the thrill of the fight Risin' up to the challenge of our rival And the last known survivor stalks his prey in the night And he's watchin' us all with the eye of the tiger...............

FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Imperii Ltd.
#84 - 2012-03-19 17:54:16 UTC
Jake Warbird wrote:
WTB:Risk free pvp.

Read my post from earlier today.

WTB: PVP that can't be rolled over by a roaming blob interupting a good fight.

Also WTB: Fixes to neutral RR and other such nonsense that makes highsec PVP far more stupid than it needs to be.

Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.

Korbin Dallaz
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#85 - 2012-03-19 18:05:06 UTC
omg. so many tears. so much crying. Would you like CCP to just do the ganking for you and then contract you to loot and mail a copy of the taunting in local?
Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#86 - 2012-03-19 18:13:49 UTC
FloppieTheBanjoClown wrote:
Jake Warbird wrote:

Also WTB: Fixes to neutral RR and other such nonsense that makes highsec PVP far more stupid than it needs to be.

I looked up your earlier posts and I still stand by what I said. While I fully agree that the content of the sandbox has to be directed by the players, you griefing players does very little to touch upon the points which you put forward. I also understand you are not totally risk-averse and this is why you should head to low/null to find fights there.

I agree with you on the fact that pvp is almost always 'a roaming blob' and tbh I really don't have any suggestions how to fix it. But what you are doing now is only going to make CCP turn up the heat even more. CCP needs its new players to stick around for a while.

But thank you for the reply. Usually it's just 'gtfo caerbaer!' , 'HTFU noobz!' , 'poast with your main,*******!' and so on.
rareden
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#87 - 2012-03-19 21:08:50 UTC
Jake Warbird wrote:

WTB agro timer for logi
and if you want to buy risk free pvp jake, go roll in some 20 man blobs killing ratters
MatrixSkye Mk2
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#88 - 2012-03-19 22:11:38 UTC
Jake Warbird wrote:

In other words, you only think it's unfair when you're on the wrong side of overwhelming forces. But you have no problems in harassing carebear ships with your PVP gank ship, because... that's a "good fight"?

Seriously, griefer tears are the most pathetic of them all. What is up with all the Skunkworks tears lately?

Successfully doinitwrong™ since 2006.

Psychotic Monk
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#89 - 2012-03-20 01:02:24 UTC
You seem to be confusing ganks and fights. We want both those things, but ganking mission runners is just that, ganks.

We don't confuse the two, and neither should you.

Our man Slimy Worm, for instance. Great ganker, mediocre fighter.
Lady Spank
Get Out Nasty Face
#90 - 2012-03-20 01:23:53 UTC
OMG NO I HAET UUUUU

(ಠ_ృ) ~ It Takes a Million Years to Become Diamonds So Lets Just Burn Like Coal Until the Sky's Black ~ (ಠ_ృ)

Shadow XII
Black Matte Demolitions
#91 - 2012-03-20 01:30:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Shadow XII
tomd741 wrote:
[quote=FloppieTheBanjoClown][quote=Amun Khonsu]This isn't a bunch of no-risk PVPers whining because we're having a harder time shooting stuff on Jita 4-4. We're looking for honest fights.

rofl. yes., cause "honest fights" are getting new players into your corp and ganking them, suiciding miners, killing incursions ppl,griefing, etc. Yeah right Big smileShockedRoll

^. Griefing is not PvP. Griefing is a self-compensation effort made by lonely neckbeards with a superiority complex. The OP post is a testament to this, the rage about one's ability to be a schoolyard bully taken away and the resulting power trip at gathering support and funding for a 'crime spree'.

And don't say you're looking for honest fights. Ever. Honest, fair fights do not exist, from high-sec ganks to 0.0 fleets, fair fights have never and will never exist. At least the OP post has the balls to say "I am a griefer." instead of making up some lunatic self-justification about looking for 'fair fights'. You're not; stop saying it.

That said, I don't agree with griefing being nerfed. I don't like how mercanaries have been forced to shut down, and I don't like how lying, cheating, stealing and murdering has become more and more difficult, because that's just not fair. You can't wave your hand in the real world and just disable crime and dishonesty.

So, have fun. It doesn't affect me either way but that's my two cents - I think you're dickheads and losers but you should be allowed to do be dickheads and losers without the devs stepping in and locking down what you enjoy paying them to do.
The difference between the real world and this game is that in this game you can get away from griefers. It's easy to just ignore them and go away. And if you choose to not take the actions and just sit there and whine about being bullied, you goddamn deserve to be bullied.
Sai Nunnie
Eternal Orgy
#92 - 2012-03-20 01:36:38 UTC
Psychotic Monk wrote:
You seem to be confusing ganks and fights. We want both those things, but ganking mission runners is just that, ganks.

We don't confuse the two, and neither should you.

Our man Slimy Worm, for instance. Great ganker, mediocre fighter.

This ^^^, I have recently started ramping up my lifestyle of crime and popped a few in high sec. Moving permanently to low sec very soon. And there is a huge difference between ganks and PVP, I got home from work and decided I wanted to waste a couple Nado's I had laying around (Bad Day at work and hopeing for some tears), so I warped to a few belts found a hulk, and popped the hulk and his pod no ryme or reason.

I could care less about the isk as It was a stress reliever for me, now I will try and go to low sec and kill till I start blinking.....I am a very mediocore PVP'er but I like sploding peeps with my $15 a month.

Ganks are just that ganks, some do it for kicks (Me) some for profit, some meh not sure. High sec has been getting safer and safer and with Dec shield, Neaut RR ect. ect. good, real fights in high sec are far and few between in a game that (On the tin) advertises free game play and most of all PVP. When we try and War dec to get good fights yall run to the dec shield or corp hop and/or neaut RR to death.
malcovas Henderson
THoF
#93 - 2012-03-20 02:21:29 UTC  |  Edited by: malcovas Henderson
To me, all the nerf's are not necessary. It is making Hi sec a lazy community. Not having to learn anything about safety in space. This is a bad thing for EVE lovers, but a great thing for WoW refugees.

I think the problems lies in how easy it is to kill Indy's. Not in how they are killed. Not having a chance to get out or fight back is not PVP. Give Indy's a fighting chance to survive. Giving them an abilty to insta warp through a module hi or low slot. this has several effects. it gives them survivability at the cost of profit. They have to work to survive still. and you dont need to nerf everything. The indy pilot has the choice and his choice effects the outcome. If he loses his ship then it was his fault

We have a policy in our corp and I know a lot of corps have it. When we are WD we do not fly indy's. Flying indy's while WD should be punished. Not given the abilty to remove the WD so you can fly them. 1 week of WD is not going to hurt your income. CCP should be making INDY's part of the community. Forcing them to make decisions. not holding their hand.

If i decide to fly my Frieghter with 20 bill worth of goodies. I should be able to be punished for doing it. but also give me the abilty to survive a gank too.

tl:dr give Indy's something to fight bk with
Psychotic Monk
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#94 - 2012-03-20 03:14:45 UTC
If you want to fight back, I've seen some hilarious Battle Badgers and Battle Itties.

But what you're really asking for is the ability to survive at the expense of cargo space. You have it! An Iteron V has *eight* lowslots. Mashing some tank in there will make you much harder to gank.

Or grab a blockade runner. Those little bastards can be tough! Most suicide gankers, unless they're set up for large targets, won't even bother. Especially if it's got some tank on it.
Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#95 - 2012-03-20 04:16:49 UTC
rareden wrote:
Jake Warbird wrote:

WTB agro timer for logi
and if you want to buy risk free pvp jake, go roll in some 20 man blobs killing ratters

Sigh,I really don't know what to say to that. You know what I meant right?Straight
ElCholo
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#96 - 2012-03-20 04:27:17 UTC  |  Edited by: ElCholo
Hey Monk,

I'm glad to see that someone is trying to bring attention to what the roid whores and mission whores have been spreading their legs for to CCP. I say this, because it seems like CCP keeps meeting their demands like they are married to them. Yet, the rest of us are just their bitches on the side, to be bent over and f*cked each chance that they get.

Sincerely,
Cholo

PS. I have a free faction battleship ship of your choice (no, not the super rare silly expensive ones, the ones that are around 1B or so) to hand out to the winner of whatever mean action sounds fun and you chose. I'll bug you on your TS Tuesday about it.
ElCholo
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#97 - 2012-03-20 04:40:29 UTC
malcovas Henderson wrote:

tl:dr give Indy's something to fight bk with

The visual I have here is this, a over the road truck driver is driving along. Say, in Syria, where it's not really safe. What's he going to do to defend himself? Hire mercs to ride convoy with him to defend himself. This is what I see as low sec.

Now, imaging high sec being... oh, let's say Canada. You're driving your rig, and just in case, you have a shotgun for protection (the one high slot on the badger) and a bad guy rolls up (not in a tank, not really feasible in Canada I guess) and he has six buddies with him, all toting sub-machine guns. They shoot out your tires (warp scram?) and want your haul.... nuff said... high sec.

Police are there to help you (concord), however, they aren't going to let you carry a RPG just because they can't be there every minnute to hold your hand. :)

Can you tell I'm on pain killers? lol I like that story. :D
Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#98 - 2012-03-20 04:41:00 UTC
ElCholo wrote:
Hey Monk,

I'm glad to see that someone is trying to bring attention to what the roid whores and mission whores have been spreading their legs for to CCP. I say this, because it seems like CCP keeps meeting their demands like they are married to them. Yet, the rest of us are just their bitches on the side, to be bent over and f*cked each chance that they get.

Sincerely,
Cholo

PS. I have a free faction battleship ship of your choice (no, not the super rare silly expensive ones, the ones that are around 1B or so) to hand out to the winner of whatever mean action sounds fun and you chose. I'll bug you on your TS Tuesday about it.

Yo dude! I'm real happy for you and mma let you finish... But Goons have one the best hisec interdictions of all time! One the best hisec interdictions of all time!
ElCholo
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#99 - 2012-03-20 04:51:07 UTC
Jake Warbird wrote:
Yo dude! I'm real happy for you and mma let you finish... But Goons have one the best hisec interdictions of all time! One the best hisec interdictions of all time!

I have absolutely no idea what you are trying to say...
Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#100 - 2012-03-20 04:53:28 UTC
You don't see Goons posting about how hard it is to do things 'their' way. They just go out and do it.