These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

New dev blog: Coming to you live from Fanfest 2012: EVETV

First post
Author
Vertisce Soritenshi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#41 - 2012-03-15 13:47:07 UTC
I just tried purchasing with a PLEX. I have some sitting in my hangar in Jita 4-4 but I am getting an error when I try to pay by PLEX that reads "We were unable to authorize your payment at this time. Please ensure you have sufficient funds and/or contact your bank/card issuer for further information.". How exactly is the PLEX process supposed to work? I can only assume that I should be able to pay for it using PLEX on my characters account.

Bounties for all! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2279821#post2279821

Lapine Davion
Outer Ring Applied Logistics
#42 - 2012-03-15 14:18:04 UTC
Vertisce Soritenshi wrote:
I just tried purchasing with a PLEX. I have some sitting in my hangar in Jita 4-4 but I am getting an error when I try to pay by PLEX that reads "We were unable to authorize your payment at this time. Please ensure you have sufficient funds and/or contact your bank/card issuer for further information.". How exactly is the PLEX process supposed to work? I can only assume that I should be able to pay for it using PLEX on my characters account.


You have to right click the plex, then hit "send back to redeeming screen" or something like that.

Will there be a way for people to go back and watch HD recordings of the events after the fact if they buy the HD stream? Or is that just to see the live stream in HD?

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]

CCP Loxy
C C P
C C P Alliance
#43 - 2012-03-15 17:17:19 UTC
We are still investigating "DVR" options in the flash player, but we will commit to at the very least having content loop over night, so those at work or in different time zones can watch the stream again after the live day has finished.

Video Producer & Director of EVE TV

Vertisce Soritenshi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#44 - 2012-03-15 17:46:37 UTC
You should consider making a DVD with all the content on it and selling it for PLEX.

/flamesuit on

Bounties for all! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2279821#post2279821

Lapine Davion
Outer Ring Applied Logistics
#45 - 2012-03-15 17:48:33 UTC
CCP Loxy wrote:
We are still investigating "DVR" options in the flash player, but we will commit to at the very least having content loop over night, so those at work or in different time zones can watch the stream again after the live day has finished.


The live stream should come with some beer and rotted shark, as well. To get the full Icelandic effect.

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]

Fly byNighter
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#46 - 2012-03-15 20:57:07 UTC
CCP can we get some times on the events?????????
CCP Loxy
C C P
C C P Alliance
#47 - 2012-03-15 22:04:49 UTC
Just putting the final touches on the schedule and then i need to check with CCP Tyr so we don't steal the thunder from announcing the presentations to those attending.

Aiming to give the schedule by end of tomorrow.

Video Producer & Director of EVE TV

Flamespar
WarRavens
Imperium Eden
#48 - 2012-03-15 23:29:15 UTC
If we subscribed to the HD stream, do we get a dust514 beta key?
Max Kolonko
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#49 - 2012-03-17 00:01:49 UTC
Flamespar wrote:
If we subscribed to the HD stream, do we get a dust514 beta key?



THIS ^^^^^^
cBOLTSON
Aggrobears
Clouds Of War
#50 - 2012-03-17 00:58:16 UTC
Well I have bought the HD stream as you guys are awesome this year! The Fanfest co-incides with my days off work. Big smile
Unfortunatly I cant go to iceland, mabye next year.

My only feedback would be,
1. Is it possible to have some sort of 'Days events listing' So we know when key things will be starting.

2. As others have said, it would be nice if the HD stream had a playback loop for after hours so that we can catch up on anything we missed out on.

Other than that, hope the fanfest goes well for everyone involved. Both the players and CCP for putting in the hard work.

o/

The good old days of Unreal Tournament, fragging and sniping on Facing Worlds, listening to Foregone Destruction.......

Taihbea
Doomheim
#51 - 2012-03-17 13:12:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Taihbea
CCP Loxy wrote:
Small note; there should be a banner link in account management linking you to buy the stream and then confirming you have it, the poor guys in Web have been sick so this should be appearing tomorrow!


I purchased the HD stream the moment you guys posted the blog and I can't see the confirmation banner.
I do see the banner with link to the ticket store but that's it.

Anything I need to do in order to see it?
CCP Loxy
C C P
C C P Alliance
#52 - 2012-03-17 18:11:59 UTC
Taihbea wrote:
CCP Loxy wrote:
Small note; there should be a banner link in account management linking you to buy the stream and then confirming you have it, the poor guys in Web have been sick so this should be appearing tomorrow!


I purchased the HD stream the moment you guys posted the blog and I can't see the confirmation banner.
I do see the banner with link to the ticket store but that's it.

Anything I need to do in order to see it?



I'll check with web on Monday that this is actually working, you should have also received a receipt and some instructions via email.

Video Producer & Director of EVE TV

bornaa
GRiD.
#53 - 2012-03-17 21:46:46 UTC
CCP Loxy wrote:
Taihbea wrote:
CCP Loxy wrote:
Small note; there should be a banner link in account management linking you to buy the stream and then confirming you have it, the poor guys in Web have been sick so this should be appearing tomorrow!


I purchased the HD stream the moment you guys posted the blog and I can't see the confirmation banner.
I do see the banner with link to the ticket store but that's it.

Anything I need to do in order to see it?



I'll check with web on Monday that this is actually working, you should have also received a receipt and some instructions via email.



Same here.
I don't see anywhere that i bought HD stream.

On mail i only got "Player , your CreditCard account was billed..." mail from EVE Online support.
[Yes, I'm an Amateur](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRa-69uBmIw&feature=relmfu)
Pandorium9
Pandorium Prime
The CodeX Alliance
#54 - 2012-03-18 01:23:32 UTC
CCP Loxy wrote:
I'll check with web on Monday that this is actually working, you should have also received a receipt and some instructions via email.


Me too... no banner in account manager... got the "Payment Authorization Success" e-mail, but there are no instructions in it.

Hakaru Ishiwara
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#55 - 2012-03-19 14:22:14 UTC
Lapine Davion wrote:
CCP Loxy wrote:
We are still investigating "DVR" options in the flash player, but we will commit to at the very least having content loop over night, so those at work or in different time zones can watch the stream again after the live day has finished.


The live stream should come with some beer and rotted shark, as well. To get the full Icelandic effect.
Odors delivered over the internet... there's other fishy-smelling stuff for which EVE players might willing pay, too! Pirate

+++++++ I have never shed a tear for a fellow EVE player until now. Mark “Seleene” Heard's Blog Honoring Sean "Vile Rat" Smith.

George K'ntara
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#56 - 2012-03-19 17:34:10 UTC
So at this point should we be filling petitions if we are not seeing the link in the accounts management page? I have a confirmation of payment but no email with instructions.
bornaa
GRiD.
#57 - 2012-03-19 18:35:51 UTC
George K'ntara wrote:
So at this point should we be filling petitions if we are not seeing the link in the accounts management page? I have a confirmation of payment but no email with instructions.


Well, if i don't get HD stream, i'll request money return.
[Yes, I'm an Amateur](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRa-69uBmIw&feature=relmfu)
Crasniya
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#58 - 2012-03-20 14:38:18 UTC
CCP Loxy wrote:
Just putting the final touches on the schedule and then i need to check with CCP Tyr so we don't steal the thunder from announcing the presentations to those attending.

Aiming to give the schedule by end of tomorrow.


When you give a schedule, can you give an estimated schedule for the overnight loop of the same events. Honestly, the only thing preventing me from buying the stream, is the uncertainty that I'd actually be able to see anything I wanted to see due to schedule conflicts (of which I have many).

Soraya Xel - Council of Planetary Management 1 - soraya@biomassed.net

Jacob Straven
NAABAL HARVEST AND INDUSTRY
#59 - 2012-03-20 16:29:23 UTC
Same here, login to account management and the only thing I see is the Join us at Fanfest banner....

JS
Chokichi Ozuwara
Perkone
Caldari State
#60 - 2012-03-20 17:18:32 UTC
Crasniya wrote:
When you give a schedule, can you give an estimated schedule for the overnight loop of the same events. Honestly, the only thing preventing me from buying the stream, is the uncertainty that I'd actually be able to see anything I wanted to see due to schedule conflicts (of which I have many).

CCP = uncertainty

Tears will be shed and pants will need to be changed all round.