These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dedaf's industrial tool

Author
Dedaf
United Brothers Of Eve
#381 - 2014-01-10 12:39:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Dedaf
Len Ross wrote:
Double post.
That did the trick mate. Works great. No more stocktaking. Can't thank you enough

Im happy to hear that you got it working.
One thing i realized is, that i haven't tested if personal hangars and Drug labs hangars are listed, so if anyone could confirm that those hangars are also working, then it would be great!

Amely Miles wrote:
please please please make this in to Open Office format..... it allows Macros so you can pull eve central data ...not sure why its not in this format yet?

i would convert it myself but my old laptop times out and cant handle it :/

If only it was so easy, but the calculations used in this tool are so specialized to Excel, that I doubt it can just be converted. I think it needs to be made specifically for Open Office and i have no plans of maintaining 2 different tools.

Want to know what is best to mine or build at which cost? then try out Dedaf's Industrial Tool http://dedafsindustrialtool.blogspot.dk/

Amely Miles
Second Exile
#382 - 2014-01-10 15:48:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Amely Miles
i would personaly pay you to upload one version of open office ...no need to update it i will pay someone on my end to do that

issue is this is a game and gamers alot of times are broke so cant afford fancy programs like excell

As I slipped my finger slowly inside her hole, I could immediately feel it getting wetter and wetter.

I took my finger back out and within seconds she was going down on me.

"I really need a new boat," I thought to myself.

Dedaf
United Brothers Of Eve
#383 - 2014-01-13 17:29:52 UTC
Just uploaded a version 16.0.5 with some changes to the Asset import system.
Should be easier to find the correct POS array and for corps with alot of towers, all hangars & office hangars should be showing now.

Want to know what is best to mine or build at which cost? then try out Dedaf's Industrial Tool http://dedafsindustrialtool.blogspot.dk/

Sir Gankal0t
5th Element Incorporated
Corelum Syndicate
#384 - 2014-01-14 18:51:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Sir Gankal0t
He Dedaf,
Since the last 3 versions im having Visual basic runtime errors 1004 when i hit the Update button in any of the tabs.
Suggestions?

cheers mate keep\up the good work
Dedaf
United Brothers Of Eve
#385 - 2014-01-16 10:24:33 UTC
Sir Gankal0t wrote:
He Dedaf,
Since the last 3 versions im having Visual basic runtime errors 1004 when i hit the Update button in any of the tabs.
Suggestions?

This error 1004, is it the password error?
do not get this error myself, so i cant say what could be to blame, maybe you are using Office 2013?
Also could you try to open one of your old files (if you have them still) just to check if infact it does work in those version.

othere than this i can relly assist with anything. but contact me ingame, then we can try som more specific tests, to see what we can find.

Sir Gankal0t
5th Element Incorporated
Corelum Syndicate
#386 - 2014-01-16 11:26:14 UTC
Dedaf wrote:
Sir Gankal0t wrote:
He Dedaf,
Suggestions?

do not get this error myself, so i cant say what could be to blame, maybe you are using Office 2013?
Also could you try to open one of your old files (if you have them still) just to check if infact it does work in those version.

othere than this i can relly assist with anything. but contact me ingame, then we can try som more specific tests, to see what we can find.

I'm using office 2013 are there some compability issues with it?
Dedaf
United Brothers Of Eve
#387 - 2014-01-16 11:36:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Dedaf
Sir Gankal0t wrote:

I'm using office 2013 are there some compability issues with it?

Yes, Office 2013 have a bug, when it comes to password protected sheets.

i do not have 2013 myself, but from what I have been reading on different forums, then it is a clear bug in 2013.
I tried to make a correction to my tool, to try a get around this bug, but i guess it didnt have any effect?

From what I undestand, then if you are using 2013, then avoid using the Restore All funktion in the Data sheet, go to each tool and restore them one by one.
Not sure if it will help, but try it out and let me know if it changes anything.

Sir Gankal0t
5th Element Incorporated
Corelum Syndicate
#388 - 2014-01-17 17:20:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Sir Gankal0t
Well thks that's clear thks for the reply, as you said before you don't have office 2013 wel there is a full working trial available so can test it yourself if you heve the time.
Otherwise somewhere in the future.

Lol
Dedaf
United Brothers Of Eve
#389 - 2014-01-18 09:33:03 UTC
Dedaf wrote:
Sir Gankal0t wrote:
He Dedaf,
Suggestions?

Hi Sir Gankal
I have looked in to this a bit more, and done some tests of the update functions.
I have found 3 examples where even i would get the runtime error in office 2010. i found the error in the Station, T3 and Capital production tool.
Those should now be corrected in the newly uploaded version 16.0.7

Try it out

Sir Gankal0t
5th Element Incorporated
Corelum Syndicate
#390 - 2014-01-19 20:06:04 UTC
As far i can see in version 16.1 No runtime errors yet thanks again for the efford
Amely Miles
Second Exile
#391 - 2014-01-23 22:16:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Amely Miles
i have been asked to take this post down by dedaf and am doing so

As I slipped my finger slowly inside her hole, I could immediately feel it getting wetter and wetter.

I took my finger back out and within seconds she was going down on me.

"I really need a new boat," I thought to myself.

Ninde Surion
Kinetic Vector
Coalition of the Unfortunate
#392 - 2014-01-24 11:18:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Ninde Surion
Scrub that got confused as year on versions is 2013 rather than 2014Roll
Dedaf
United Brothers Of Eve
#393 - 2014-01-24 22:36:27 UTC
New Version 16,1,3
With an all new Mineral compression Tool.

Jack Hatered
State War Academy
Caldari State
#394 - 2014-01-25 09:13:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Jack Hatered
Hi Dedaf!

Firstly, I would like to say I love your industrial tool. This spreadsheet has single handedly made my life so much simpler than it had been before I found your wonderful tool. Thank you very much for your contribution to the industrialists of New Eden.

I would like to request two features if at all possible to be added into a future version.

The first being splitting up number of components needing to be built based on how many BPCs / BPOs that you are currently using.

Situation behind this request:

I currently build alot of capital ships for my allies, and due to the volume of my manufacturing, I use multiple capital component BPOs at once in order to reduce overall manufacturing time. However, currently every time that my orders change, I have to manually recalculate how many components I have to build with BPO A, BPO B, BPO C, etc. As it stands right now, the capital page shows that if I need to build 101 Capital components of a certain type, I need to build 101 capital components. What I would very much love to see is a page, or continuation of the capital page, that I can input I have 2 Blueprints for that component, and instead of needing to build 101 capital components, I need to build 50 capital components with blueprint A and 51 capital components with blueprint B . Or if I had 3 blueprints for that component, it would tell me I would need to build 34 with Blueprint A 34 with Blueprint B and 33 with Blueprint C. etc,etc and so forth. This is the biggest request by far I would love to see be put in your tool. A the moment, I do all this manually each week and it would be so nice to have it integrated into your tool! this would save me untolds amount of time and frustration!

My second request:

If at all possible, I would like to request that market and / or contract fees be taken into account during the profitability formulation.

I am trying to stay as accurate on my finances as possible, trying to determine if a build is profitable enough or not, and while your tool does an amazing job of keeping the mineral and component prices in line, it ignores taxes / fees completely ( as far as I can tell, PLEASE correct me if im wrong) I would love to have an input section where I can say " My broker fees are 0.50%, my contract fee is 0.85% and my deposit is 10,000,000 ISK) and it would calculate all that into the overall profitability of the ship. this way I can keep a more accurate tracking of my finances with one tool instead of manually writing it down.

Again thank you for your time and dedication to the industrialists of Eve Mr Dedaf, Your tool is amazing and I will continue to use it as long as I build. I hope you are willing and able to implement the suggestions I mentioned earlier and if I can, I will do whatever is necessary in order to assist you in making these suggestions apart of the next iteration of your tool. Please let me know what I can do to help.

Once again, thank you for your time and effort!
Dedaf
United Brothers Of Eve
#395 - 2014-01-26 11:35:18 UTC
Thank you very much Jack Hatered, your feed back is very much appreciated!

To start with your first suggestions, regarding the production of capital components using multiple Blueprints. I have been asked this before, but i don't see an simple or easy usable way to show this, as I want to keep my tool simple and clean looking.
But it is a long time since I have been building capitals myself, and i never used more than one of each blueprint, so i dont see the big problem in dividing "missing components" by 2 or 3?
But i will think about it and see if i can come up with a good solution. You are also welcome to contact me in game, to try and convince me about the idea. Smile

Now regarding the sales tax and brokers fee. This is also something i have been asked before, but i never thought it was a factor i would spend time implementing, as the eve-central prices aren't precise enough, so the small factory cost for t1 item or ships is hardly notable. But, when it comes to capital, then it actually means millions, but i never thought of that till your post.
So I am now working on adding the Broker's Fee and Sales Tax, to the capital production sheet. so it should be in the next version i upload.

When working on adding the fee and tax as you suggested, I got to thinking that the rent of the "factory slot" also might have a big impact on building capitals. So at the moment, I am also working on adding the productivity level and factory rent price to the capital production tool.

Again, thanks a lot for your very useful feedback, and i hope you will like the next update.

Creaming Soda
Tactically Challenged
The Initiative.
#396 - 2014-01-27 13:29:28 UTC
Just noticed, on doing a "Update everything" the sentence in the title of the window has "beeing updated" [sic]

"being" would be the correct spelling

Creaming Soda Ariel Rin

Dedaf
United Brothers Of Eve
#397 - 2014-01-27 17:13:59 UTC
Jack Hatered wrote:
Hi Dedaf!

My second request:

If at all possible, I would like to request that market and / or contract fees be taken into account during the profitability formulation.

I am trying to stay as accurate on my finances as possible, trying to determine if a build is profitable enough or not, and while your tool does an amazing job of keeping the mineral and component prices in line, it ignores taxes / fees completely ( as far as I can tell, PLEASE correct me if im wrong) I would love to have an input section where I can say " My broker fees are 0.50%, my contract fee is 0.85% and my deposit is 10,000,000 ISK) and it would calculate all that into the overall profitability of the ship. this way I can keep a more accurate tracking of my finances with one tool instead of manually writing it down.

Hi Jack
This feature has now been implemented in the newly uploaded version 16.2

I hope you will like the new feature.

Crazy Batch
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#398 - 2014-01-30 02:27:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Crazy Batch
First. LOVE the tool.

I may have found a bug. The Bastion module may have inaccurate data for the compression tool? I think that is what it was for a few days after Rubicon but was modified because it was just too good at compression.

Also most of the sheet is self explanatory but there are 3 columns fields that I am not sure I understand. See this image https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/167491/capitalsheet.PNG

The fields I have marked. Are those figures isk values for the mineral volumes above?
Dedaf
United Brothers Of Eve
#399 - 2014-01-30 06:22:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Dedaf
Crazy Batch wrote:
First. LOVE the tool.

I may have found a bug. The Bastion module may have inaccurate data for the compression tool? I think that is what it was for a few days after Rubicon but was modified because it was just too good at compression.

Also most of the sheet is self explanatory but there are 3 columns fields that I am not sure I understand. See this image https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/167491/capitalsheet.PNG

The fields I have marked. Are those figures isk values for the mineral volumes above?

Hi Crazy Batch
Thanks for letting me know, I guess I didnt check the numbers from the data i had.
I have just corrected it in a newly uploaded version, see if it looks better now?

Yes the fields you marked are all isk value of the minerals above. All reddish fields in the sheet are isk value.

Dedaf

Johnnyfizzle83
Nehalem Inc.
#400 - 2014-01-30 14:43:06 UTC
I noticed the new Hybrid Polymer amounts have not been updated http://puu.sh/6DJtb.png