These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dedaf's industrial tool

Author
Dedaf
United Brothers Of Eve
#361 - 2013-12-26 08:46:11 UTC
Azz T wrote:
Hey, Awesome Tool.
Is it possible to run a query to list all the T1 BPO's I own and compare with Eve so I can see what BPO's I am missing?

I would assume this would use API to get my assets.

Would it also be possible to automatically enter the ME/PE levels of the BPO's I own in manufacturing sections?

Hi Azz
I could be possible to list, but the API cant see the difference of a original or copy blueprint and it does not contain the ME nor PE information either.
So it is not a list, that would be of much use.

Want to know what is best to mine or build at which cost? then try out Dedaf's Industrial Tool http://dedafsindustrialtool.blogspot.dk/

Azz T
Carthum Continuum
#362 - 2013-12-26 19:58:49 UTC
Dedaf wrote:
Azz T wrote:
Hey, Awesome Tool.
Is it possible to run a query to list all the T1 BPO's I own and compare with Eve so I can see what BPO's I am missing?

I would assume this would use API to get my assets.

Would it also be possible to automatically enter the ME/PE levels of the BPO's I own in manufacturing sections?

Hi Azz
I could be possible to list, but the API cant see the difference of a original or copy blueprint and it does not contain the ME nor PE information either.

Any Idea how I could just export a list of BPO's from eve to compare with what I own?

Just need to easily see what ones I am missing from my collection.

Regards
Azz
SCORPIO KIRK
Noel Industries
#363 - 2013-12-28 01:40:29 UTC
So I like the concept of the shopping list, this something I painfully always add to new version of the spreadsheet, is there a way that you can add additional sheets that can get counted in this function. For example, for T2 Items, i have 7 pages (3 items per page) in my copy of the spreadsheet. When I tested duplicating the default page, it did not get reflected in the shopping list. Is there a more appropriate way of adding pages?

Scorpio
Mandj
Karmunism Limited
#364 - 2013-12-28 22:36:07 UTC
This looks like an excellent tool, however, having some trouble setting up the API and was wondering if I could get some help (note - excel n00b). I go to the API page on the CCP site and generate new API. Following the FAQ on the OP's webpage, it says exclude CharacterInfo, CharacterSheet, Locations & AssetList and I do so. Press generate for API. I then start the tool, go to the data page, input the Apikey, KeyID, from the API I just made, and then manually type in my character name (Mandj, just like it says here). Press update skills, result: Popup window comes up saying microsoft visual basic, says Run-time error '13': Type mismatch.

So I think I'm doing something wrong but can't tell what it is, could someone help me out please? It seems to pull market data correctly so idk what I'm doing.
Dedaf
United Brothers Of Eve
#365 - 2013-12-29 10:06:27 UTC
Azz T wrote:
Any Idea how I could just export a list of BPO's from eve to compare with what I own?

Just need to easily see what ones I am missing from my collection.

Regards
Azz

Hi Azz
No i cant see any easy way to export that, as you dont get any names from the API. You get just typeID's and then you have to convert it to names. So it will be pretty intense work, and still you need to do a lot of manual work.

SCORPIO KIRK wrote:
So I like the concept of the shopping list, this something I painfully always add to new version of the spreadsheet, is there a way that you can add additional sheets that can get counted in this function. For example, for T2 Items, i have 7 pages (3 items per page) in my copy of the spreadsheet. When I tested duplicating the default page, it did not get reflected in the shopping list. Is there a more appropriate way of adding pages?

Scorpio

I'm afraid it is not so easy as just copy paste. But im happy you think so, as this is how i want my tool to be and look.
Even if the shopping list look simple it is pretty complicated calculations behind it. So to add more sheets to the list, would mean to reconfigure the tool to include that sheet as well. Id suggest you make a file for each of the 7pages T2 item tool, including the shopping list and Data sheet, then you should get some fairly good lists.

Mandj wrote:
This looks like an excellent tool, however, having some trouble setting up the API and was wondering if I could get some help (note - excel n00b). I go to the API page on the CCP site and generate new API. Following the FAQ on the OP's webpage, it says exclude CharacterInfo, CharacterSheet, Locations & AssetList and I do so. Press generate for API. I then start the tool, go to the data page, input the Apikey, KeyID, from the API I just made, and then manually type in my character name (Mandj, just like it says here). Press update skills, result: Popup window comes up saying Microsoft visual basic, says Run-time error '13': Type mismatch.

So I think I'm doing something wrong but can't tell what it is, could someone help me out please? It seems to pull market data correctly so idk what I'm doing.

Hi Mandj
I dont believe i have seen that specific runtime error before.
To try and help you, I would need some more info, like version of Excel and so on. It would also be good if I could get a copy of the file with the API and runtime error, so i could try it out myself.
You could also try to read FAQ 6, 7 & 8 here, to see if that solves the problem for you?
If not, then please contact me in game, then we can try to see what we can find.

Thanks to all of you for your feedback
Dedaf

Want to know what is best to mine or build at which cost? then try out Dedaf's Industrial Tool http://dedafsindustrialtool.blogspot.dk/

SJ Astralana
Syncore
#366 - 2013-12-29 12:26:34 UTC
Dedaf wrote:

Hi Azz

The ME/PE/runs of a blueprint can be found if it has ever been used in production. In that case it is in the Industry Jobs API, and you can see the Asset ID to tie it directly to a specific blueprint.

Hyperdrive your production business: Eve Production Manager

Giltorias ve'Elteroth
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#367 - 2013-12-30 05:44:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Giltorias ve'Elteroth
Hey Dedaf,

Thanks for this amazing tool. I might be think though but I can't find an option to do the following.

I want to invent and build a t2 ship. I build all of the t2 components for the ship. However, when I enter the ME for the component BPOs and go to my shopping cart it lists both the actual components and the moon materials that are used to produce said components. Any way I can change that so it just lists the moon materials?

Edit: Also, can you choose what materials you manufacture (as in buy or build)?

Cheers!
Dedaf
United Brothers Of Eve
#368 - 2013-12-30 13:30:37 UTC
Giltorias ve'Elteroth wrote:
Hey Dedaf,

Thanks for this amazing tool. I might be think though but I can't find an option to do the following.

I want to invent and build a t2 ship. I build all of the t2 components for the ship. However, when I enter the ME for the component BPOs and go to my shopping cart it lists both the actual components and the moon materials that are used to produce said components. Any way I can change that so it just lists the moon materials?

Cheers!

Hi Giltorias
as of right now, it is not possible to prevent items from being listed in the shopping list.
The tool has only just been build, so there are plenty of room for improvement. And what you are asking is a nice improvement i think.
I will see if i can find a nice way to give you the option to choose which items are listed in the shopping list.

Thank you for helping making the tool better.

Thermopylaee
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#369 - 2013-12-30 15:11:24 UTC
Hi Dedaf,

Thank you so much for developing this tool! I'm a first time user, and I'm having trouble with the API/character import. I followed the instructions in the PDF and the FAQ, but it still won't recognize my character. I have tried manually entering the character name and updating, and I have also tried just using the API and KeyID, but the drop-down box is blank.

I'm using Excel for Mac 2010 Pro on a Macbook Air. I don't think that has anything to do with it... but the only thing I have tried to do is set up the Data page. I have not modified the backup or restore locations.

Any help you can offer is appreciated, thanks!
Giltorias ve'Elteroth
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#370 - 2013-12-30 21:01:49 UTC
Dedaf wrote:

Cheers!

Hi Giltorias
as of right now, it is not possible to prevent items from being listed in the shopping list.
The tool has only just been build, so there are plenty of room for improvement. And what you are asking is a nice improvement i think.
I will see if i can find a nice way to give you the option to choose which items are listed in the shopping list.

Thank you for helping making the tool better.

Thanks for the reply mate. I look forward to further developments!

Can you choose what materials you manufacture and what materials you buy when constructing t2 items/ships? For example if I build fusion reactors (so need raw mats and usually lower production costs) whilst buying R.A.M (more expensive but takes a while to make)?
Dedaf
United Brothers Of Eve
#371 - 2013-12-31 11:35:31 UTC
Thermopylaee wrote:
Hi Dedaf,

Thank you so much for developing this tool! I'm a first time user, and I'm having trouble with the API/character import. I followed the instructions in the PDF and the FAQ, but it still won't recognize my character. I have tried manually entering the character name and updating, and I have also tried just using the API and KeyID, but the drop-down box is blank.

I'm using Excel for Mac 2010 Pro on a Macbook Air. I don't think that has anything to do with it... but the only thing I have tried to do is set up the Data page. I have not modified the backup or restore locations.

Im afraid it is the Mac, i have not had anyone using a mac, saying that it works. There seem to be some difference in the way the Microsoft VBA works on a Mac and PC.
I do not have any Mac products myself so i can not try it out.

Can you choose what materials you manufacture and what materials you buy when constructing t2 items/ships? For example if I build fusion reactors (so need raw mats and usually lower production costs) whilst buying R.A.M (more expensive but takes a while to make)?

No, as it is now, there are no way to select if you buy or produce the components yourself. The sheet expect that when doing T2 ship production, then you also build all the components yourself.

Happy New Year

Thermopylaee
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#372 - 2013-12-31 13:49:29 UTC
Dedaf wrote:
Thermopylaee wrote:
Hi Dedaf,

Im afraid it is the Mac, i have not had anyone using a mac, saying that it works. There seem to be some difference in the way the Microsoft VBA works on a Mac and PC.
I do not have any Mac products myself so i can not try it out.

No, as it is now, there are no way to select if you buy or produce the components yourself. The sheet expect that when doing T2 ship production, then you also build all the components yourself.

Happy New Year

I'll try it on my PC, thanks!
Maffia Thug
Veteran Gamer's Network
#373 - 2014-01-02 18:14:09 UTC
Awesome tool sir! Very well done.

I just wanted to say thank you.
Jim Hammond
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#374 - 2014-01-04 18:27:01 UTC
First, thank you for making this awesome tool.
I'm having issues trying to use Dodixie and the system to update from. I get "Run-time error '13': Type mismatch" and the same when I try to use the Sinq Laison region. It works for Jita and Oursulaert just fine. Going through the list it gives the error for other systems too.
Any help will be appreciated.
Emeki
Clic Klak Boom
#375 - 2014-01-04 22:06:30 UTC
Hey Dedaf I cannot seem to get the API lookup to work. I have run through the FAQ I am using the following:

Win 7 Pro X64
Office 2007 (fully updated )
Macro's enabled ActiveX allowed

I keep getting the following:

Run time error '-2147217376(80041020)': XML Parse Error

I have tried the options listed in FAQ 7 but that did not work.

if I leave it blank I get :

Run time error 13 type mismatch

I am not sure what else I can do...any thoughts?

Len Ross
Doomheim
#376 - 2014-01-05 02:01:36 UTC
Found a slight problem . to avoid confusion this is my forum alt.
Anyhow. been using the tool for ages now. awesome job mate.
How do I get round this?
I'm a ceo in corp. I want the corp assets in our office to be shown for my manufacturing. hangar 2 for example. It only shows our pos hangars.
Other thing If I try to manufacture from personal stocks. I click on character and look down the list of stations. The one where my actual stock is doesn't show, others do.
I'm having to use the old version at the moment as I cannot get any needed minerals and components on my listing.

I set up my API key as shown for corp and personal.

cheers mate
Dedaf
United Brothers Of Eve
#377 - 2014-01-05 09:25:06 UTC
Jim Hammond wrote:
First, thank you for making this awesome tool.
I'm having issues trying to use Dodixie and the system to update from. I get "Run-time error '13': Type mismatch" and the same when I try to use the Sinq Laison region. It works for Jita and Oursulaert just fine. Going through the list it gives the error for other systems too.
Any help will be appreciated.
HI Jim
That is strange why you get the error on some systems and not others to me it would be more logic if it didnt work at all. I have tried the system and regions you mention on 2 different machines and office versions, but i dont have any problems updating from any systems or regions. You might have some bug in that file, maybe try to download it again?

Emeki wrote:
Hey Dedaf I cannot seem to get the API lookup to work. I have run through the FAQ I am using the following:
Win 7 Pro X64
Office 2007 (fully updated )
Macro's enabled ActiveX allowed

I keep getting the following: Run time error '-2147217376(80041020)': XML Parse Error

I have tried the options listed in FAQ 7 but that did not work.

if I leave it blank I get : Run time error 13 type mismatch

I am not sure what else I can do...any thoughts?
Hi Emeki
Only thing i can think of is that your version of Office2007 is not a Pro? or you are saving the file in a folder with restrictions. Make sure you save it in you document folder or follow FAQ6 to insure your macro security isn't blocking the macros from running.

Len Ross wrote:
Found a slight problem . to avoid confusion this is my forum alt.
Anyhow. been using the tool for ages now. awesome job mate.
How do I get round this?
I'm a ceo in corp. I want the corp assets in our office to be shown for my manufacturing. hangar 2 for example. It only shows our pos hangars.
Other thing If I try to manufacture from personal stocks. I click on character and look down the list of stations. The one where my actual stock is doesn't show, others do.
I'm having to use the old version at the moment as I cannot get any needed minerals and components on my listing.

I set up my API key as shown for corp and personal.

cheers mate
Hi Len Ross
At the moment there is a limit of 50 personal & 50corp hangars (Office & POS), so if you have asset allover in space in more than 50 stations, then you should think about cleaning up a bit.Smile

But the problem about the Office and POS hangars is a bit strange to me, unless, you again have more than 50? But it would be strange if the first 50 hangars was all POS hangars. So here i believe there is a bug in the tool.
I have only tested API keys with 2 Office hangars and another key with 2 POS hangars +1 Office hangar, in those two cases the Office hangars showed up just fine.
But for me to really investigate this problem, then i would need a copy of your tool with the API? but im sure a lot of people would advice you against that.
But feel free to contact me in game, then we can try to find a solution to this problem.

Sorry about the problem you guys have with the office and macros, and sorry i dont have much help to offer you. You are all very welcome to contact me ingame, then we can try to see if we can find a solution. It could be some way you are using the tool that i never thought of. So finding the bugs could help out alot of your other fellow eve pilots.

Thanks again everyone for the feedback.

Len Ross
Doomheim
#378 - 2014-01-05 16:13:59 UTC
Dedaf me ol mate. Don't apologise. This tool of yours is awesome. Always has been.
Yeah I'm a messy bugger stuff is all over the show. Big smile Ill have a clean up and I'm sure it'll work fine.

Thanks for that.
Len Ross
Doomheim
#379 - 2014-01-10 00:03:58 UTC
Double post.
That did the trick mate. Works great. No more stocktaking. Can't thank you enough
Amely Miles
Second Exile
#380 - 2014-01-10 01:59:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Amely Miles
please please please make this in to Open Office format..... it allows Macros so you can pull eve central data ...not sure why its not in this format yet?

i would convert it myself but my old laptop times out and cant handle it :/

As I slipped my finger slowly inside her hole, I could immediately feel it getting wetter and wetter.

I took my finger back out and within seconds she was going down on me.

"I really need a new boat," I thought to myself.