These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dedaf's industrial tool

Author
Nariko KiyoshiKei
Frozen Dart
#241 - 2013-05-11 06:59:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Nariko KiyoshiKei
could you plese unlock the sheet?
i am not looking to modify it,
i am rather looking to copy paste the lists it gives me when i am building multiple things
into another sheet:

Fermionic Condensates 330 +132
Fernite Carbide 1562440+385186
Ferrogel 2486+1122
Fullerides 49500+19800
Hypersynaptic Fibers 3300+2640
Nanotransistors 44500+22440
Phenolic Composites 11880+5940
Sylramic Fibers 336688+68640

taken from 22 hounds and 22 sabres.. i can only do it manually , read the values, and then write them into another sheet!
and trust me, i never only start to build just one thing

i need to be able to copy the names and the quantityes, as they can easyly be used in eve
copy-paste in eve searchboxes, and buy-boxes..

Also, the t2 module sheet is not auto-updating like the t2 ship production sheet.

copy-paste ftw?
Dedaf
United Brothers Of Eve
#242 - 2013-05-12 08:42:25 UTC
Railok Skor wrote:
Hi Dedaf,
For some reason I get the Runtime Error '-2147217376 (80041020)'. After trying to get rid of if by doing what was on the FAQ on your website it still is appearing. I am running it on Microsoft excel 2010.

Hi Railok
I have never had this error myself, so i have never tested it.
But would i would do, would be to first remove the Visual Basic for Applications from Excel, as described in the FAQ7, setp 1 & 2. Then before reinstalling the Visual Basic for Applications, then maybe close excel completely. Then reopen Excel and do the installation.
When done with the installation, then download my tool again to have a clean version, just to be sure you didnt save a bad config in the tool.

Hope that helps you out.

Dedaf

Want to know what is best to mine or build at which cost? then try out Dedaf's Industrial Tool http://dedafsindustrialtool.blogspot.dk/

Ravihnsf
Gildinous Vangaurd
The Initiative.
#243 - 2013-05-26 14:20:24 UTC
Hey Dedaf. Love this tool. Keep up the good work. I did find one issue with the pos production section. Might just be me but who knows. I've noticed that the profit calculation only includes the fuel use from the large tower section. It leaves out anything entered in the other two sections of the control tower calculator.
Vordek Rei
Masters of Mass
#244 - 2013-06-01 15:04:06 UTC
Good sheet just got it, might send you some ISK'ies if I find it use full
Lady Agatha Heterodyne
Ubuntu Inc.
The Fourth District
#245 - 2013-06-02 02:12:42 UTC
Nice spreadsheet, I am having a bit of trouble getting the skills input, I can get the API to recognize my character but when I update skills nothing shows at the bottom of the sheet.
Am I missing something?
Dedaf
United Brothers Of Eve
#246 - 2013-06-02 09:41:45 UTC
Ravihnsf wrote:
Hey Dedaf. Love this tool. Keep up the good work. I did find one issue with the pos production section. Might just be me but who knows. I've noticed that the profit calculation only includes the fuel use from the large tower section. It leaves out anything entered in the other two sections of the control tower calculator.

Hi Rayihnsf
Happy to hear you like the tool.
The issue you describe is intentional, but maybe it need changing? the reason is that only the 1st tower is used for calculation reactions.

Lady Agatha Heterodyne wrote:
Nice spreadsheet, I am having a bit of trouble getting the skills input, I can get the API to recognize my character but when I update skills nothing shows at the bottom of the sheet.
Am I missing something?

Hi Lady Agatha
Im not 100% sure where the error is that you describe, but i had a problem with one of my character API's as well. it turned out that when i copied the API key, it also copied a "Space" in front of the key. maybe its the same with you?
It could also be the key you generated that are bugged. I have had it happen a few time for me. The only thing that help, is to delete the bugged key and generate a new key all from scratch.

If it still don't help you, then feel free to contact me in game.

Thanks everyone and stay tuned, as i will soon upload an Odyssey compatible version of my tool. Smile

Want to know what is best to mine or build at which cost? then try out Dedaf's Industrial Tool http://dedafsindustrialtool.blogspot.dk/

Dedaf
United Brothers Of Eve
#247 - 2013-06-04 21:41:05 UTC
Hey everyone

The tool is now up to date with the changes that have come with the Odyssey patch.

New version

Enjoy!

Defiant NL
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#248 - 2013-06-06 13:41:21 UTC
Thanks for the update Big smile
Death Reign
Asset Liberators
#249 - 2013-06-11 21:49:53 UTC
Hey guys, is anyone using this with open office? I can't get the sheet to open at all.

Locks the program right up. I could get excel viewer to open it but Im sure you can see the inherent problems with that.
coolzero
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#250 - 2013-06-12 00:49:16 UTC
would be nice to have a corp ore/mineral/salvage(whatever you can tink off) buyback tab with something like you can set x percent below say jita buy/sel/avg price, you fill in the numbers your corpmate has and you can see the total amount of isk you need to pay,

if you know what i mean.

Simian Specter
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#251 - 2013-06-15 17:21:36 UTC
Hi Dedaf! I love the spreadsheet, insanely comprehensive, quite intuitive and easy to upgrade. One thing I noted is that the Magnate frigate for T1 production is not showing the Extra Materials for construction and is calculating the build price significantly below what the other T1 amarr frigates are. Is there a way to modify that in your spreadsheet?
Dedaf
United Brothers Of Eve
#252 - 2013-06-16 09:19:01 UTC
Simian Specter wrote:
Hi Dedaf! I love the spreadsheet, insanely comprehensive, quite intuitive and easy to upgrade. One thing I noted is that the Magnate frigate for T1 production is not showing the Extra Materials for construction and is calculating the build price significantly below what the other T1 amarr frigates are. Is there a way to modify that in your spreadsheet?

Hi Simian
Thanks for reporting this issue, i was sure i had already corrected the extra material for the Frigates, but i guess not.
I will make sure to have it corrected in the next release, which I will try to have it uploaded sometime today.

Dedaf

pmchem
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#253 - 2013-06-16 23:17:28 UTC
How do the features of your tool stack up to IPH?
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=63663

https://twitter.com/pmchem/ || http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/community-spotlight-garpa/ || Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal

Xandareth
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#254 - 2013-06-18 09:37:27 UTC
Hey!
I think I may have found a bug with the 'Capital Production' tab.
I've noticed that if I have a ship chosen under 'Slot 5' (even though it might not be queued for production or instock) and I select a ship to build in 'Slot 1', the 'Minerals Needed' show up as #VALUE!
Thunder Jolt
Frozen Monkeys
#255 - 2013-06-18 11:10:41 UTC
Hi Dedaf,

I think there's a bug with the T2 items production mineral calculations or just specific to that item.
I just happened to test for T2 Gyrostabs and it says 8 units of morphite are need for ME -4.

Jitonomic says 6 units, Zofu says 6 units too, I can't check in game right now so I'm guessing it's probably a bug What?.
Could you check that out ?

Thanks for this fabulous tool ;)
Dedaf
United Brothers Of Eve
#256 - 2013-06-20 14:49:17 UTC
Xandareth wrote:
Hey!
I think I may have found a bug with the 'Capital Production' tab.
I've noticed that if I have a ship chosen under 'Slot 5' (even though it might not be queued for production or instock) and I select a ship to build in 'Slot 1', the 'Minerals Needed' show up as #VALUE!

HI Xandareth
I tuck me some time to find out why this happened, but it is solved now in the version i just uploaded.
Thanks for reporting this.

Thunder Jolt wrote:
Hi Dedaf,
I think there's a bug with the T2 items production mineral calculations or just specific to that item.
I just happened to test for T2 Gyrostabs and it says 8 units of morphite are need for ME -4.

Jitonomic says 6 units, Zofu says 6 units too, I can't check in game right now so I'm guessing it's probably a bug What?.
Could you check that out ?
Thanks for this fabulous tool ;)

Hi Thunder
Im afraid its a bug in my tool Sad some T2 items have partly material and extra material, in this case 2 morphite + 3extra morphite.
When i build this tool that was not the case, so my tool calculate it all as normal material.
To fix this i need to completely redo the tool, it is not something i have a fast solution for im afraid.
But im aware of it, and at some point i will fix it.
Thanks

New version uploaded.

Dianne Saber
Thunderwaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#257 - 2013-06-26 02:59:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Dianne Saber
Not sure if this has been caught by anyone else yet, but your Ferrogel pricing in the data sheet seems to be off showing an average price of 8.99 isk / ea. i would love to have the but.... methinks it isn't the case. The Sell and Buy looks accurate, though.

I am pulling pricing from Eve Central / Jita
Dedaf
United Brothers Of Eve
#258 - 2013-06-27 13:15:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Dedaf
Dianne Saber wrote:
Not sure if this has been caught by anyone else yet, but your Ferrogel pricing in the data sheet seems to be off showing an average price of 8.99 isk / ea. i would love to have the but.... methinks it isn't the case. The Sell and Buy looks accurate, though.

I am pulling pricing from Eve Central / Jita

There are not much to do about it, as it seems to be a bug in the feed from eve-central.com

Here you have the raw feed.

I use the median, and as you can see it is listed with 8,99

So i would advice you to use you own price, and only use the statistic ones for fast price check.

Juri Voslev
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#259 - 2013-06-27 17:22:43 UTC
Dedaf wrote:
Railok Skor wrote:
Hi Dedaf,
For some reason I get the Runtime Error '-2147217376 (80041020)'. After trying to get rid of if by doing what was on the FAQ on your website it still is appearing. I am running it on Microsoft excel 2010.

Hi Railok
I have never had this error myself, so i have never tested it.
But would i would do, would be to first remove the Visual Basic for Applications from Excel, as described in the FAQ7, setp 1 & 2. Then before reinstalling the Visual Basic for Applications, then maybe close excel completely. Then reopen Excel and do the installation.
When done with the installation, then download my tool again to have a clean version, just to be sure you didnt save a bad config in the tool.

Hope that helps you out.

Dedaf

I got the same Problem now, it appeared 2 days ago, i just wanted to update the prices and it showed up.
I did all the steps in your FAQ7 multiple times and i redownloaded the sheet. The Problem is still there and i dont know what to do now.
Your tool is awesome btw.
Dedaf
United Brothers Of Eve
#260 - 2013-06-27 19:57:56 UTC
It seems that there have been a change to the API. For some reason excel now fails if one or more API keys are empty in the sheet.
I don't know if its an error in the API or if ccp decided to make this change or security change to the API system.
I will try to find a solution to it as soon as possible, but for now, what you can do is to fill in the same API key to all 3 API slots in the DATA sheet. (Character1 key, Corp key and character2 key)