These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dedaf's industrial tool

Author
Dedaf
United Brothers Of Eve
#201 - 2013-01-12 09:15:56 UTC
Hi Jass

I don't know much about MAC i prefer PC and windows, so i cant really help you much here. The VBA I use in Excel is specific for excel use, so that is most likely why it doesn't work on Mac. I believe it could be possible to make a VAB that would run under Mac, but since i don't have any Appel products then i have no way of testing it.
The problem with "The Name C Is Invalid" might relate to the PC drive C:\ maybe the drives are named differently on a Mac? its just a thought.

New version 14.8 has been uploaded

Want to know what is best to mine or build at which cost? then try out Dedaf's Industrial Tool http://dedafsindustrialtool.blogspot.dk/

Cat Harkness
Twilight Labs
The Serenity Initiative
#202 - 2013-01-13 15:06:18 UTC
Is it possible to get a backup/restore for some of the other sheets? The Ore Mining sheet (for one) has a lot of info that has to be reentered with each update.

Thanks for this great tool, and keep up the good work.

Cat Harkness

CEO

Twilight Labs

Jass Issier
Doomheim
#203 - 2013-01-16 08:49:44 UTC
Dedaf wrote:
Hi Jass

I don't know much about MAC i prefer PC and windows, so i cant really help you much here. The VBA I use in Excel is specific for excel use, so that is most likely why it doesn't work on Mac. I believe it could be possible to make a VAB that would run under Mac, but since i don't have any Appel products then i have no way of testing it.
The problem with "The Name C Is Invalid" might relate to the PC drive C:\ maybe the drives are named differently on a Mac? its just a thought.

I kind of figured that I would run in to some errors, but all in all I make do with what I can. Thank you again.
Dedaf
United Brothers Of Eve
#204 - 2013-01-18 12:16:59 UTC
Cat Harkness wrote:
Is it possible to get a backup/restore for some of the other sheets? The Ore Mining sheet (for one) has a lot of info that has to be reentered with each update.

Hi cat Harkness
I have created a backup/restore function for the mining sheet. You wont be able to restore anything from before version 14,8 since there were no backup function in those sheets. But with the next versions you will be able to backup and restore.

New version 14,8,3

Want to know what is best to mine or build at which cost? then try out Dedaf's Industrial Tool http://dedafsindustrialtool.blogspot.dk/

MainDrain
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#205 - 2013-01-18 13:37:44 UTC
on the section for making Custom Office Gantrys can you include the additional items required to convert it into a full customs office.

Could we also (might already be possible) get an export function of just the corp mining (ore and ice) pages. For my corp to get full transparancy to how we split up the takings, without them having access to the rest of my stuff.

Cheers for a well done spreadsheet though!
Cat Harkness
Twilight Labs
The Serenity Initiative
#206 - 2013-01-18 14:31:38 UTC
Dedaf wrote:
Cat Harkness wrote:

Hi cat Harkness
I have created a backup/restore function for the mining sheet. You wont be able to restore anything from before version 14,8 since there were no backup function in those sheets. But with the next versions you will be able to backup and restore.

New version 14,8,3

Thank you very much.

Cat Harkness

CEO

Twilight Labs

Dedaf
United Brothers Of Eve
#207 - 2013-01-24 18:52:41 UTC
MainDrain wrote:
on the section for making Custom Office Gantrys can you include the additional items required to convert it into a full customs office.

Could we also (might already be possible) get an export function of just the corp mining (ore and ice) pages. For my corp to get full transparancy to how we split up the takings, without them having access to the rest of my stuff.

Hi MainDrain
I don't know if i will change the sheet to include those additional material for the Custom Office, as it is not needed for building it, but for deploying the structure.

Regarding the Corp mining sheet, i have always thought that a backup/restore function was unneeded as the gang and mined minerals always change.
But i see you point with having the option to send this backup file to the gang members, its not a bad idea at all.
Thanks for this feedback, it is cool to see that you guys are using the tool in ways i had never thought of.
I will make sure to have a backup/restore function in one of the coming sheets.

Thanks
Dedaf

Dedaf
United Brothers Of Eve
#208 - 2013-02-03 14:10:05 UTC
MainDrain wrote:

Just uploaded version 14.8.7, that include backup and restore function for the Corp mining sheets, Enjoy.

Thanks for the feedback

Zanban
Lava Shark Productions
#209 - 2013-02-05 18:28:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Zanban
Still a great tool
Cardinal Rich-loot the-3rd
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#210 - 2013-02-06 12:10:16 UTC
Hmmm, when i try to open it in MS word it says file is corrupt, am i doing something wrong? Do you have any install info/help for a spreadsheet noob?
Dedaf
United Brothers Of Eve
#211 - 2013-02-06 12:28:45 UTC
Cardinal Rich-loot the-3rd wrote:
Hmmm, when i try to open it in MS word it says file is corrupt, am i doing something wrong? Do you have any install info/help for a spreadsheet noob?

My first thought would be that you try to open it in word?

Not Politically Correct
Doomheim
#212 - 2013-02-08 22:18:14 UTC
I would have at least looked at it if it wasn't so RL commercial. I'd rather do my own.
Sidrat Flush
KarmaFleet
#213 - 2013-02-09 12:41:38 UTC
Not Politically Correct wrote:
I would have at least looked at it if it wasn't so RL commercial. I'd rather do my own.

What does that mean exactly?

Its time to stand up against the bad empire based CEO telling falsehoods about what new characters can accomplish and pushing them towards an in game experience of drudgery and loneliness keeping them in the shadow of ignorance for at nest their own profit at worse apathy towards all the experiences that Eve has to offer.

Xemoxa
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#214 - 2013-02-20 20:12:31 UTC
Hi,

There are new mineral requirements for some BC, correct? Will this tool be updated to reflect the changes in those requirements?

Thanks and great tool!
Dedaf
United Brothers Of Eve
#215 - 2013-02-20 20:58:03 UTC
Yep, its up to date with Retribution 1.1 changes. you can download it here

Bimmerman
Penumbra Heavy Industries
#216 - 2013-02-25 20:09:35 UTC
Hello DeDaf and thanks for for amazing tool.

Unfortunately I can't use it to its full extent because the API / Prices wont automatically update.

I am running Win7 64-bit with Office 2007 SP3 whenver I try to use the API Feature or Update Everything or even the "Check Server" button I get hit with the Run-time error '-2147217376 (80041020)': XML Parse Error.

Now Eve-search and Googled this thing to death and tried the solution in your FAQ page with no success. Tried disabling my firewall and AV to see if that made a difference, no luck. Any ideas as to what else I could try would be grand.
Kesker
The Sagan Clan
#217 - 2013-02-25 23:04:43 UTC
Jass Issier wrote:
Dedaf wrote:
Hi Jass

I kind of figured that I would run in to some errors, but all in all I make do with what I can. Thank you again.

Hello Dedaf,

I've been looking for new solutions to the manufacturing options out there. Some are just beasts of programs, and suck memory like like an Amarr ship sucks cap.

This previous quote kind of ties into a question I have.

Do you know if the sheet will work with Office 365 from Microsoft? This is their cloud based collaboration system, and you get use of Office 2013 on multiple devices. This may be a great option for me as I often travel and take a laptop. Means I wouldn't have to continually transfer files between the PC and laptop. (Mac users are able to use a version of Office 2010, so it may help Jass as well.)

Regards
Kesker
Mister Meaner
Black Rose Inc.
Black Rose.
#218 - 2013-03-03 03:52:25 UTC
anyone else getting incorrect command line when trying to download?

doesnt show up as a zip file or anything when i try to open from the download i just get

Incorrect command line
Dedaf
United Brothers Of Eve
#219 - 2013-03-03 07:30:17 UTC
Bimmerman wrote:
Hello DeDaf and thanks for for amazing tool.

Unfortunately I can't use it to its full extent because the API / Prices wont automatically update.

I am running Win7 64-bit with Office 2007 SP3 whenver I try to use the API Feature or Update Everything or even the "Check Server" button I get hit with the Run-time error '-2147217376 (80041020)': XML Parse Error.

Now Eve-search and Googled this thing to death and tried the solution in your FAQ page with no success. Tried disabling my firewall and AV to see if that made a difference, no luck. Any ideas as to what else I could try would be grand.

Hi Bimmerman
That is very strange why it wont work for you, because it has helped lots of other people with this problem. Normally following FAQ nbr7 as you did, should fix it. Maybe try again to be sure you followed it to the smallest point.

Kesker wrote:

Do you know if the sheet will work with Office 365 from Microsoft? This is their cloud based collaboration system, and you get use of Office 2013 on multiple devices. This may be a great option for me as I often travel and take a laptop. Means I wouldn't have to continually transfer files between the PC and laptop. (Mac users are able to use a version of Office 2010, so it may help Jass as well.)

Regards
Kesker

Hi Kesker
I haven't started working with Office 2013 or 365 yet, so i don't know if the sheet is compatible with those applications. i would think 2013 will work, but since 365 is a cloud based, then it could be working a lot different than the standard Office applications.
If anyone have tried my tool running Office 365, then i would like to have some feedback on how it works? Otherwise i will get office 365 later this year and test it myself.

Mister Meaner wrote:
anyone else getting incorrect command line when trying to download?

doesnt show up as a zip file or anything when i try to open from the download i just get

Incorrect command line

Hi Mister
I just tried to download it from 2 different PC, I didnt get any error.

Dedaf

Mauy Thai
Waffle Batter Trade Consortium Holdings
Waffle Batter Trade Consortium
#220 - 2013-03-04 06:31:43 UTC
Hi Dedaf,

Firstly, Thank you for making such a incredible tool. it has allowed me to maximize my manufacturing and be much more efficient.

I would like to request a future addition to the sheet if at all possible. Instead of having 5 ship slots for capital manufacturing, could you increase that to 11 + to bring up with the other ship and item manufacturing tabs ? Thank you in advance if you are able and willing to do this!