These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dedaf's industrial tool

Author
Aznar Thrul
Priador Enterprises
#181 - 2012-12-22 03:37:28 UTC
Hi Dedaf,

Thankyou for your efforts in creating and maintaining this, it's definitely made getting started in industry a little less daunting. Looks like it isn't just the cruisers that have had their materials list updated though, the vast majority of the T1 frigates have also had their mineral requirements tweaked.

Thanks again, and have a Merry Christmas!

Regards,
~Aznar.
Dedaf
United Brothers Of Eve
#182 - 2012-12-22 11:55:10 UTC
Hi Aznar
Yes the frig's has already been updated when they were changed in october. So they should be ok.

Want to know what is best to mine or build at which cost? then try out Dedaf's Industrial Tool http://dedafsindustrialtool.blogspot.dk/

Sidrat Flush
KarmaFleet
#183 - 2012-12-23 22:14:41 UTC
What's the chances of getting the source code?

Its time to stand up against the bad empire based CEO telling falsehoods about what new characters can accomplish and pushing them towards an in game experience of drudgery and loneliness keeping them in the shadow of ignorance for at nest their own profit at worse apathy towards all the experiences that Eve has to offer.

Dedaf
United Brothers Of Eve
#184 - 2012-12-24 06:24:37 UTC
Sidrat Flush wrote:
What's the chances of getting the source code?

Contact me ingame and lets talk about it.

Want to know what is best to mine or build at which cost? then try out Dedaf's Industrial Tool http://dedafsindustrialtool.blogspot.dk/

Dedaf
United Brothers Of Eve
#185 - 2012-12-29 16:12:13 UTC
New version 14.7.3
This version has all the container blueprints and there are some minor correction and changes also.

Enjoy

Aphelion Thunderclap
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#186 - 2012-12-29 21:00:35 UTC
thanks for the update keep up the good job...one question tho is it possible when you update the api info for your character and it shows the skill sheet to show what the skills are instead of type id ?
Dedaf
United Brothers Of Eve
#187 - 2013-01-04 20:10:51 UTC
Aphelion Thunderclap wrote:
thanks for the update keep up the good job...one question tho is it possible when you update the api info for your character and it shows the skill sheet to show what the skills are instead of type id ?

Hi Aphelion
The character skill tree API itself, doesn't contain the name, so directly it is not possible. But after thinking a little bit about your question, then i came up with the idea of adding a test character, that does not have API imported skills.
So in the DATA sheet, you can now change skills manually on this 3rd character and select that character in the tool you want to play with the skills. i think it works pretty well, so i hope you like it.

Just uploaded the new version 14,7,8

Enjoy

Aphelion Thunderclap
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#188 - 2013-01-04 20:24:34 UTC
your a genius sir
Sidrat Flush
KarmaFleet
#189 - 2013-01-04 22:39:08 UTC
Dedaf wrote:

Hi Aphelion
The character skill tree API itself, doesn't contain the name, so directly it is not possible. But after thinking a little bit about your question, then i came up with the idea of adding a test character, that does not have API imported skills.
So in the DATA sheet, you can now change skills manually on this 3rd character and select that character in the tool you want to play with the skills. i think it works pretty well, so i hope you like it.

Just uploaded the new version 14,7,8

Enjoy

Or you could obtain the skill names from the static data export and link it to the skill ID number.

Its time to stand up against the bad empire based CEO telling falsehoods about what new characters can accomplish and pushing them towards an in game experience of drudgery and loneliness keeping them in the shadow of ignorance for at nest their own profit at worse apathy towards all the experiences that Eve has to offer.

Dedaf
United Brothers Of Eve
#190 - 2013-01-05 06:00:30 UTC
Hi Sidrat
True, that has always been an option, however i like my tool to be very clean and simple.
Take Dedaf for example, he has 346 skills at this moment. But the sheet only need around 40skill to work and each individually tool in the sheet, only need from 1-5 skills.
So players would have to sort trough 346 skills to find and change those 1-5 skills, and next time they did an update of the prices and skills, all changes would be reset.
So to do an import of 346 names, conflicts with the simplicity and cleanness of the tool. It is to me a waist of data, that only very few people would ever use, and only need just to play around with skills, it wouldn't effect the tool function in any way.

So the good thing with this extra character that i added, is that whoever want to play around with the skills can switch between hes real skills and the test character skills, just by a single click in a dropdown menu. That is to me very simple and clean setup, that i think a lot of people would find handy.

But thanks for the imput, its always good hear other peoples ideas.
Dedaf

snake pies
Dixon Cox Butte Preservation Society
#191 - 2013-01-06 03:51:36 UTC
when i try to open it, it says excel found unreadable content?
Sidrat Flush
KarmaFleet
#192 - 2013-01-06 14:34:00 UTC
snake pies wrote:
when i try to open it, it says excel found unreadable content?

Are you using excel 2007?

snake pies
Dixon Cox Butte Preservation Society
#193 - 2013-01-06 21:58:46 UTC
yes excel 2007

also, there is no fleet stabber or fleet firetail in the t1 production tab, no fleet anything, we have pirate and navy, but no fleet.
Dedaf
United Brothers Of Eve
#194 - 2013-01-08 09:30:31 UTC
snake pies wrote:
yes excel 2007
also, there is no fleet stabber or fleet firetail in the t1 production tab, no fleet anything, we have pirate and navy, but no fleet.

All the "Fleet" ships are listed under the Navy_Ships category, as with the imperial navy ships. However you are correct that the Fleet Stabber was missing. It will be in the next release.

Thanks

Thelodas
MoG Republic
#195 - 2013-01-08 10:56:23 UTC
Encountering a weird problem

Enter in my indy characters api info and click update skill data and I get an excel popup:

"This table inserted rows into your worksheet. This may cause data below the table to shift down"

Once that happens, as far as I can tell the spreadsheet works. I tried to plan out a few things I know my indy alt can make so I know what I should need and info is correct.

Problem comes up when I try to save sheet. Any button outside of the sheet itself is unclickable. And X closing the document pops up a window with "Cannot quit Microsft Excel" and a help button, text below:

Quote:
Help Text

This message can appear for the following reasons:
Microsoft Office Excel is attempting to close with an invalid value in a cell.
An OLE operation has not completed (such as an ActiveX control or an embedded program or Object).
Excel is in print preview mode.
A Microsoft Visual Basic macro is running in step mode (a form of testing and debugging that takes place within the VBA editor).
Excel is trying to load a file.
A dialog box is open (usually behind the application, where you can't see it).
To avoid this message, allow Excel to complete pending tasks, close any open dialog boxes, close the Visual Basic Editor, and close any other programs that use objects embedded in the workbook before you close Excel.
If those steps don't work, press CTRL+ALT+DELETE and click Task Manager. In Windows Task Manager, click the Applications tab, select the open workbook, and then click End Task.

This only happens once I enter api info.

Using excel 2007.

Sheet is awesome, so hopefully you can point me in the direction of a fix.
Aphelion Thunderclap
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#196 - 2013-01-08 11:59:46 UTC
i know someone who had the same issue when they had the cracked version of excel was fine when they paid for the program
Thelodas
MoG Republic
#197 - 2013-01-08 12:15:40 UTC
i know someone who had the same issue when they had the cracked version of excel was fine when they paid for the program

iso of an MS Office corporate install disk, but from family member so may be the case. I'll upgrade to 2010 this afternoon.
Dedaf
United Brothers Of Eve
#198 - 2013-01-08 21:17:08 UTC
Hi Thelodas
i have tried with 3 different PC now both with excel 2007 and 2010, but I doesn't get the error you describe. But i'm also using Original paied for Excel :)

However the first thing you write about, is kind of normal: "This table inserted rows into your worksheet. This may cause data below the table to shift down"
When you download the tool, it only have around 40 pre-enterd skills, but when you import your skills from the API, then Excel inserts extra rows in the data sheet, for each new skills you have on your character. It happens every time, but its not always Excel says anything about it, so i think the message can be turned off somewhere in excel. But it happens every time you change character or get new skills.
Actually i have to run a special macro from time to time, just to remove empty rows from the Data sheet, otherwise the file keep growing in size. So call it a bug or not, but its how Excel works with macros.

But I am glad you found a solution to the problem you had and thanks Aphelion Thunderclap for posting a possible solution :)

Thelodas
MoG Republic
#199 - 2013-01-08 23:53:28 UTC
I dl'd a trial of MSO 2010 and it works fine. Oddly enough the 2007 is a legit copy, not a hacked one. But, seeing as I use it daily in my business, I guess I should own up and pay for it :0

Thanks for this btw. Jumping head first into industry and this looks to be an awesome reference.

Jass Issier
Doomheim
#200 - 2013-01-10 10:30:17 UTC
Thanks you tons for the effort, and hard work put on this. I am running the spreadsheet on Microsft Xcel 2011 for Mac . For the most part everything appears to work just fine. The only issue I have is the character api function does not work, and I keep getting "The Name C Is Invalid" (I belive this is due to me being on a Mac).

The second issue is of no concern to me, but I would like to be able to use the api function. Is there a way to work around this?