These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Incoming titan adjustments

First post First post
Author
Bozl1n
Shiva
Northern Coalition.
#1021 - 2012-03-14 00:15:54 UTC
EnderCapitalG wrote:
Bozl1n wrote:
Sirhan Blixt wrote:
Bozl1n wrote:
Andski wrote:
92 dread hulls on the market, hmm



Then build some?

Your lack of self-awareness is breathtaking.



You really think not being able to simply buy them from the market is a valid argument?

Really?



Jesus wept.


@ how little class your post has
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#1022 - 2012-03-14 00:16:10 UTC
Grath Telkin wrote:
Andski wrote:
Natsumi Moritso wrote:
Make subcaps unable to target structures -> problem solved.

Supers shoulndt kill subcaps because its not their role.
Subcaps shoulnd kill structures cause ITS NOT THEIR ROLE.


alright genius how do you suggest that high-sec/low-class WH pos shots take place


Lets focus on whats important here: What the CFC wants to be able to play.


Let's also focus on the total unfeasibility of your proposed "hurr drop 200 dreads erryday, titans die no pr0b" crap

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Bozl1n
Shiva
Northern Coalition.
#1023 - 2012-03-14 00:20:16 UTC
Andski wrote:
Grath Telkin wrote:
Andski wrote:
Natsumi Moritso wrote:
Make subcaps unable to target structures -> problem solved.

Supers shoulndt kill subcaps because its not their role.
Subcaps shoulnd kill structures cause ITS NOT THEIR ROLE.


alright genius how do you suggest that high-sec/low-class WH pos shots take place


Lets focus on whats important here: What the CFC wants to be able to play.


Let's also focus on the total unfeasibility of your proposed "hurr drop 200 dreads erryday, titans die no pr0b" crap


What ships are you guys going to kill?

Titans

What ships role ingame is to kill other caps?

Drakes?

Your NOT taking the right ships to fight?
EnderCapitalG
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1024 - 2012-03-14 00:20:33 UTC
Bozl1n wrote:
@ how little class your post has


Calling me a low class poster lmbo
M1k3y Koontz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1025 - 2012-03-14 00:22:24 UTC
Its this 52 pages of CFC trolling or are there actual posts too...
I breezed through and it was more tha 50% Goonswarm/TEST

Anyway... I think 5mm scan res is a LITTLE too low, thats below the Primae, seriously?

How much herp could a herp derp derp if a herp derp could herp derp.

Bozl1n
Shiva
Northern Coalition.
#1026 - 2012-03-14 00:22:35 UTC
EnderCapitalG wrote:
Bozl1n wrote:
@ how little class your post has


Calling me a low class poster lmbo


That post sucked it contributed nothing at all apart to flame = no class
Il Feytid
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1027 - 2012-03-14 00:23:08 UTC
Would this change be happening if CFC were the ones with the super capitals?
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#1028 - 2012-03-14 00:23:09 UTC
Bozl1n wrote:
Andski wrote:
Grath Telkin wrote:
Andski wrote:
Natsumi Moritso wrote:
Make subcaps unable to target structures -> problem solved.

Supers shoulndt kill subcaps because its not their role.
Subcaps shoulnd kill structures cause ITS NOT THEIR ROLE.


alright genius how do you suggest that high-sec/low-class WH pos shots take place


Lets focus on whats important here: What the CFC wants to be able to play.


Let's also focus on the total unfeasibility of your proposed "hurr drop 200 dreads erryday, titans die no pr0b" crap


What ships are you guys going to kill?

Titans

What ships role ingame is to kill other caps?

Drakes?

Your NOT taking the right ships to fight?


hey take some time to consider the logistics of shitting out 150 dreads on a regular basis before posting dumb ideas!!!

here's a start: it's like building 19 supercarriers every other day

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#1029 - 2012-03-14 00:24:02 UTC
Marlona Sky wrote:
Would this change be happening if CFC were the ones with the super capitals?


According to PL, Raiden and NCdot they'd suck it up and take it in stride!

(ahahaha not really it'd have been nerfed long ago)

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Karadion
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1030 - 2012-03-14 00:26:09 UTC
M1k3y Koontz wrote:
Its this 52 pages of CFC trolling or are there actual posts too...
I breezed through and it was more tha 50% Goonswarm/TEST

Anyway... I think 5mm scan res is a LITTLE too low, thats below the Primae, seriously?

Nah it's more like 50% Grath whining about how he's so oppressed.
EnderCapitalG
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1031 - 2012-03-14 00:26:34 UTC
Bozl1n wrote:
EnderCapitalG wrote:
Bozl1n wrote:
@ how little class your post has


Calling me a low class poster lmbo


That post sucked it contributed nothing at all apart to flame = no class


So report it and move along.

PS You're one to talk~
Grath Telkin
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#1032 - 2012-03-14 00:27:17 UTC
SuperBeastie wrote:
Grath do me a favor go through and list out the numbers of supers and titan the cfc has by alliance.


Top 5 supercap alliances in EVE:

PL (Nearly 400)

NCdot (281 on file)

AAA (280 on file)

RAIDEN (260 on file)

Goonswarm Federation (200 even on file but growing daily)

FA adds 40, RAZOR adds about 80, TEST adds 70, and those are just the major super cap holders for the CFC, the rest are 20-30 additions from their camp, with Eovke adding another 60 to Raidens team.

Malcanis - Without drone assign, the slowcat doctrine will wither and die.

Bilaz
Fremen Sietch
#1033 - 2012-03-14 00:27:34 UTC
5 is too low imo. I dont have problem with a few titans having tons of officer sensor boosters - that would deny them webs, painters and track comps. it still should be possible to shoot from titans to subcaps - but propper support should be on titan side for it to be effective.
And i would give titans 4 targets - since unlike dread titan can vapourize one in an instant - so more targets in lock would be a good idea.

And you give us your word that this would be temp solution? becouse i would definatly like to see some extensive work done on all caps after all subcaps (and more importantly 0/0 space) would get some love.
Karadion
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1034 - 2012-03-14 00:28:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Karadion
Grath is just mad that Goons have lower recruiting standards and turns morons into effective kamikaze pilots. He's also mad that the CFC managed to build themselves into an effective alliance in order to focus on shared goals.

PL just advertises themselves as a hit-n-run alliance and the nerf basically puts them out of commission. Off to World of Tanks or whatever is the next MMO fad they go. Don't let the door hit you in the a... on the way out.
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#1035 - 2012-03-14 00:29:17 UTC
Grath Telkin wrote:
SuperBeastie wrote:
Grath do me a favor go through and list out the numbers of supers and titan the cfc has by alliance.


Top 5 supercap alliances in EVE:

PL (Nearly 400)

NCdot (281 on file)

AAA (280 on file)

RAIDEN (260 on file)

Goonswarm Federation (200 even on file but growing daily)

FA adds 40, RAZOR adds about 80, TEST adds 70, and those are just the major super cap holders for the CFC, the rest are 20-30 additions from their camp, with Eovke adding another 60 to Raidens team.


hey uh have you considered the fact that whenever Raiden's supercapital fleet is out doing things the better part of our super pilots are at work or at school, because lol US TZ?

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Grath Telkin
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#1036 - 2012-03-14 00:30:56 UTC
Andski wrote:
Marlona Sky wrote:
Would this change be happening if CFC were the ones with the super capitals?


According to PL, Raiden and NCdot they'd suck it up and take it in stride!

(ahahaha not really it'd have been nerfed long ago)


Hey there buddy, perhaps you'd like to refute actual history but we've fought those fights, without crying about it getting nerfed, you should ask the other people you play games with, you look pretty dumb right here.


Andski wrote:


hey take some time to consider the logistics of shitting out 150 dreads on a regular basis before posting dumb ideas!!!



We used 1 single build team, and it took us 10 days to **** out 140 dreads once the line was up and running.

Ten whole days.

Malcanis - Without drone assign, the slowcat doctrine will wither and die.

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#1037 - 2012-03-14 00:34:13 UTC
Grath Telkin wrote:
Andski wrote:


hey take some time to consider the logistics of shitting out 150 dreads on a regular basis before posting dumb ideas!!!



We used 1 single build team, and it took us 10 days to **** out 140 dreads once the line was up and running.

Ten whole days.


capital builders won't burn out from sustaining that for months, nope

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

EnderCapitalG
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1038 - 2012-03-14 00:34:28 UTC
There goes Grath, madposting again.
Mioelnir
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1039 - 2012-03-14 00:35:02 UTC
Kazanir wrote:
There is no "counter" to 1200 dudes in a single engagement

Bolded the important part. And since Sov warefare revolves ENTIRELY around single engagements against static objectives that scale linearly with the number of attackers, this is the only scenario that matters.

Quote:
but given proper FCing, fleet doctrines (not bombers lol although bombers do own), and tactical choices, 200 or 300 dudes can do a lot of damage to 1200, and 600 or 700 might even win, or be able to accomplish their strategic objectives in some way.

If "annoy the **** out of them" or "general harassment" are strategic objectives, yes. But you can not defend a timer under any of the circumstances you listed (you can theoretically rep the target before the other fleet arrives, but they can just "preload" the system to capacity 3 days in advance), nor can you take down a timer known to all involved parties.


Also, Greyscale, it is established doctrine from CCP over the last 5+ years to nerf any problematic ship into uselessness and having it stay that way for a couple of years until it can be "fixed". The usual way about this is that players simply stop flying the ship. How are titan pilots supposed to do that?

Is it really so problematic, for the two shipclasses that sacrifice character versatility and lock themselves into single roles like in theme-park MMOs, to not separate the removal of all current ship-roles (except pinata) and the defining of the new ship roles, by several months/years?

Also, nice half-truth about the target selection versatility of supercarriers, considering their dronebays were intentionally capped so low as they currently are to prevent them from fielding a single, full flight of both types. Nice propaganda spin.

PS: I will laugh so hard when in a couple of months people realize that supers will still be dropped, just by different people, who can then by weight of their then uncounterable numbers then field ANYTHING in immunity, again, like they did in the past. Then I will come along and repo all your tear jars, having the best laughs ever had.
Sara Devi
Perkone
Caldari State
#1040 - 2012-03-14 00:35:12 UTC
Andski wrote:
Grath Telkin wrote:
SuperBeastie wrote:
Grath do me a favor go through and list out the numbers of supers and titan the cfc has by alliance.


Top 5 supercap alliances in EVE:

PL (Nearly 400)

NCdot (281 on file)

AAA (280 on file)

RAIDEN (260 on file)

Goonswarm Federation (200 even on file but growing daily)

FA adds 40, RAZOR adds about 80, TEST adds 70, and those are just the major super cap holders for the CFC, the rest are 20-30 additions from their camp, with Eovke adding another 60 to Raidens team.


hey uh have you considered the fact that whenever Raiden's supercapital fleet is out doing things the better part of our super pilots are at work or at school, because lol US TZ?



That's a lie. We both know it.


To bring down supers you should have to engage them with some kind of force. I'm all for subcaps being able to tackle and hold down a fleet of supers and titans not being able to blap them. However, to kill them should require a capital fleet and an actual fight.