These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Incoming titan adjustments

First post First post
Author
Sirhan Blixt
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#1001 - 2012-03-13 23:54:43 UTC
Bozl1n wrote:
You guys need to put 150 odd of your 1600 man blob into dreads retype the Manhattan yellow pages, invent shoes that allow you to fly, and repaint Guam. And stop implying you have NO WAY to win WITHOUT bringing 50 titans yourself

SuperBeastie
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1002 - 2012-03-13 23:55:02 UTC
Grath do me a favor go through and list out the numbers of supers and titan the cfc has by alliance.

[center]SuperBeastie's Third Party Service My in-game Channel is Supers Third Party[/center]

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#1003 - 2012-03-13 23:58:17 UTC
Bozl1n wrote:
Sentinel Eeex wrote:
Organa wrote:
Does ccp not seem to realize that there are only currently 2 ways to counter a vastly numerically Superior force? 1 bombers which die in droves but have some chance but generally arnt that effective in killing 1000 dudes with 200. and the titan blob.

Tell me, how would you kill 25 titans?

You guys need to put 150 odd of your 1600 man blob into dreads. And stop implying you have NO WAY to win WITHOUT bringing 50 titans yourself

92 dread hulls on the market, hmm

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Bozl1n
Shiva
Northern Coalition.
#1004 - 2012-03-13 23:58:20 UTC
EnderCapitalG wrote:
Bozl1n wrote:
Sentinel Eeex wrote:
Organa wrote:
Does ccp not seem to realize that there are only currently 2 ways to counter a vastly numerically Superior force? 1 bombers which die in droves but have some chance but generally arnt that effective in killing 1000 dudes with 200. and the titan blob.

You guys need to put 150 odd of your 1600 man blob into dreads. And stop implying you have NO WAY to win WITHOUT bringing 50 titans yourself

Because you should have to bring 3x the numbers to counter the same amount of other people, right?

And the lose nearly every ship to kill 2-3 targets if you are lucky.

Well compared to bringing 10x + the number you are now to kill no targets?

Drop likly 4 titans and you would still be up on isk
Bozl1n
Shiva
Northern Coalition.
#1005 - 2012-03-14 00:00:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Bozl1n
Andski wrote:
Bozl1n wrote:
Sentinel Eeex wrote:
Organa wrote:

Then build some?

I mean what kinda excuse is "i cant buy it off the market"Shocked
School Nickname Worldmonkey
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#1006 - 2012-03-14 00:00:20 UTC  |  Edited by: School Nickname Worldmonkey
I truly apologise PL, but it looks as though you're going to have to accept the fact that dropping Titans on subcaps with utter impunity might no longer be an option available to you. We had a really nice fight in Dek a few days ago where our fleets were fighting OH and NC. (I think) and it had really nice escalation. We fought their lokis with our battlecruisers, enemy battleships arrived and we continued to fight. Enemy dreads were dropped in. We dropped in dreads. Losses on all sides. Everyone is happy, including wormhole producers! That's the type of fight most EVE players want to experience.

The very concept of your alliance and those like yours aims to prevent this experience. You merely hotdrop whom you please denying any escalation whatsoever. In a sense you act like what I hope players in CCP's future WoD MMO will act, denying new arrivals major progression to protect your own interests. Or you could just be completely drunk from the smell of your own preseminal fluid when you hotdrop frigates, because no one else with a brain is willing to put up with your ****. Smaller players aren't really willing to lose what they perceive to be expensive ships without significant reimbursement and they sure as hell aren't going to fight when there is literally zero chance of winning. I really don't know how you can have fun popping ships which would never have beaten you anyway.

Also, the argument that an alliance could simply haul up 200 dread pilots to annihilate your titans is spurious. You know full well that were anyone to scratch together that number of dreads, your knowledge of such ships on the field (through good scouting, or otherwise) would send you screaming to the hills. Like your performance in C-J6, you balk at commiting Titans whenever there is even the slightest chance of losing them. If you really weren't willing to lose these hugely expensive ships, you shouldn't have bought them in the first place. You could have had a lot more fun constantly losing less expensive ships that people were willing to fight against.

In my opinion theses changes will allow true battle progression (Small ships -> Bigger ships -> The Worst ships) in the future. Maybe you'll be able to join us with machariel/dread fleets or something, since your coffers will be so full from getting those 500 hours of your life back in cold hard ISK. I've only ever felt that Titans were space taxis used to increase an alliance's force projection anyway

tl;dr Sorry Grath that your e-peen was circumcised, looks mutilated and is now not very pleasurable to use. At least you can acquire your fun in other ways. :heh:
Win Sui
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#1007 - 2012-03-14 00:00:37 UTC
Grath Telkin wrote:
Win Sui wrote:

That said, Titan tracking needed changing - blapping blackbirds and rifters is stupid.

Blackbirds will still get blapped after this change.

Not with the accompanying scan res change they won't.
Sirhan Blixt
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#1008 - 2012-03-14 00:03:49 UTC
Bozl1n wrote:
Andski wrote:

Then build some?

Your lack of self-awareness is breathtaking.
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#1009 - 2012-03-14 00:04:16 UTC
Bozl1n wrote:
Andski wrote:
Bozl1n wrote:
Sentinel Eeex wrote:
Organa wrote:

Then build some?

that's obviously feasible and not an industrial feat that no alliance can expect to keep up on a regular basis

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

EnderCapitalG
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1010 - 2012-03-14 00:04:27 UTC
SuperBeastie wrote:
Grath do me a favor go through and list out the numbers of supers and titan the cfc has by alliance.

(8:01:50 PM) Ender "Capital" G: superbeastie: Dude, give up
EI Digin
irc.zulusquad.org
#1011 - 2012-03-14 00:05:50 UTC
blobby goons are ruining this game
Bozl1n
Shiva
Northern Coalition.
#1012 - 2012-03-14 00:07:22 UTC
Sirhan Blixt wrote:
Bozl1n wrote:
Andski wrote:

Then build some?

You really think not being able to simply buy them from the market is a valid argument?

Really?

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#1013 - 2012-03-14 00:09:39 UTC
Bozl1n wrote:
Sirhan Blixt wrote:
Bozl1n wrote:
Andski wrote:

Then build some?

You really think not being able to simply buy them from the market is a valid argument?

Really?

yes, it's a valid argument because no alliance in the game can pop out 150 dreads every other day

EI Digin
irc.zulusquad.org
#1014 - 2012-03-14 00:11:17 UTC
soon goons are going to become an indestructible force that will sweep across eve leaving nothing but destruction in its wake

just like the nc

just like the drf
EnderCapitalG
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1015 - 2012-03-14 00:11:23 UTC
Bozl1n wrote:
Sirhan Blixt wrote:
Bozl1n wrote:
Andski wrote:

Then build some?

Really?

Jesus wept.
Natsumi Moritso
La Isla del Mono
#1016 - 2012-03-14 00:12:14 UTC
Make subcaps unable to target structures -> problem solved.

Supers shoulndt kill subcaps because its not their role.
Subcaps shoulnd kill structures cause ITS NOT THEIR ROLE.
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#1017 - 2012-03-14 00:12:45 UTC
let's not forget that even if we could keep that up and pop 150 dreads out of the oven every other day, it'd tie up valuable component BPOs in the process that could instead be used for supercapital production

EI Digin
irc.zulusquad.org
#1018 - 2012-03-14 00:13:15 UTC
Those who cannot adapt become victims of Evolution.
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#1019 - 2012-03-14 00:13:24 UTC
Natsumi Moritso wrote:

alright genius how do you suggest that high-sec/low-class WH pos shots take place

Grath Telkin
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#1020 - 2012-03-14 00:15:13 UTC
Andski wrote:
Natsumi Moritso wrote:

alright genius how do you suggest that high-sec/low-class WH pos shots take place

Lets focus on whats important here: What the CFC wants to be able to play.

Malcanis - Without drone assign, the slowcat doctrine will wither and die.