These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Incoming titan adjustments

First post First post
Author
Delegado Cero
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#761 - 2012-03-13 21:28:41 UTC
CynoNet Two wrote:
CynoNet Two wrote:
CynoNet Two wrote:
Grath Telkin wrote:
So again, what beats 1200 dudes

The Mittani just beat 1580 dudes solo.

Perhaps you should be more like him.


Sorry make that 2064 dudes.


Oh yeah I missed these other 1488 dudes too. That's alot of dudes he just beat!


PL are literally ev0ke.
We must secure the existence of our titans and a future for elite pvp.
Tarsus Zateki
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#762 - 2012-03-13 21:28:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Tarsus Zateki
Grath Telkin wrote:
Tarsus Zateki wrote:

We aren't entirely reliant on our massive blob


Hahahahahahah, as if.


Your illiteracy caused you to miss the rest of that sentence. Give it another try.

You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is the worst thing in the world.

Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#763 - 2012-03-13 21:29:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Weaselior
Grath Telkin wrote:
Kazanir wrote:
There is no "counter" to 1200 dudes in a single engagement


Thanks, thats what i wanted to see.


...i...m...g...a...y...

thats what i wanted to see and all i saw when you posted

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Monthly Monique
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#764 - 2012-03-13 21:30:59 UTC
Nao Oikawasan wrote:
Grath Telkin wrote:
Kazanir wrote:

Supercaps suffer from the "he who has more, wins!" problem in a way that subcaps and caps actually never have.


This is a lie, flat out, subcaps and caps also suffer from the same problem, you're just choosing to ignore that for the sake of your argument.


What beats a 1200 man support fleet? (I'm waiting for one of you retards to say bombers, please say bombers).


Grath, this will be hard for you to read, but it must be said.
The reason you have so few members when compared to Goons is because you are greedy snobs. Your members are the worst kind of self important nerds this game has ever seen.
You take tech moons from alliances whose space you inhabit without any thought of compensating them for their costs.
You refuse to educate new players to join in the fun because they will get killed and you may have to waste your valuable time and monstrous pile of ISK on them. The few new(er) players that find themselves in your alliance soon quit because of the unending snobbery and obnoxious attitude displayed by your l33t PVP gods.
You ***** yourselves out to BOB. The second most ridiculous alliance ever.

Goons, like it or not, are better for all players. They bring in the new guys, throw them directly into the fight, and teach them to make their own ISK. This makes for more PVP and far more loyalty.
If you acted more like RvB, you'd get a lot more respect in game from Goon and pubbie alike.

I'm not saying that everyone should join Goons. They need an alliance to play with. So get to it. Or quit. I don't care which.


Out of curiosity; How is this true what you say about Goons and new players? You speak as if it's any new player and that is not at all true. One has to be an SA member/subscriber for a certain time period. Then if applying their activity on SA is scrutinized and/or the "new" player must be sponsored. It's stated right in the Goon wiki page that recruitment drives are scams.

I wouldn't be all about tooting your (Goons) horn as it pertains to elitism with requirements such as Goons have. Just because you take in all the fat neck beard cheeto smelling pizza faced nerds doesn't make you any more better or any less elitist in attitude than PL or any one else ftm.
Sirhan Blixt
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#765 - 2012-03-13 21:31:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Sirhan Blixt
Grath Telkin wrote:
Powers Sa wrote:

The last time was the Day1 invasion of branch, well over 4 months ago.


Try again, I can name at least 2 times since then that you've brought more than that (and thats from memory alone, not even digging up BR's), 2 weeks ago you had 750 drakes alone, but please, please carry on.

Just because you're not participating with the rest of your alliance doesn't mean they aren't carrying on without them.

Sweet cream of Jesus on cold toast-points, this is the most moronic ongoing line of cold gopher crap I've seen smeared across this thread, and that's saying something.

So you lost a crutch. Adapt and deal with it. Maybe dropping your "Too Cool for School" attitude and mending some fences might be a good start.

Also, did it occur to any of you soon-to-be-ex titan blobbers that maybe the reason you've been seeing these large subcap fleets is because titans are hilariously broken? No. It doesn't. Such entrenched cognitive dissonance cannot be overcome because to do so would require an admission from the Forces of Elite PvP that they've been using crutches in the first place.

And now you've been leaning on them for so long that some effort to restore balance was finally made. You've got no one to blame but yourselves.

Keep crying, I guess. You're more desperately in need of a dose of Preparation H than anyone else in this thread.

Monthly Monique wrote:
Out of curiosity; How is this true what you say about Goons and new players? You speak as if it's any new player and that is not at all true. One has to be an SA member/subscriber for a certain time period. Then if applying their activity on SA is scrutinized and/or the "new" player must be sponsored. It's stated right in the Goon wiki page that recruitment drives are scams.

I wouldn't be all about tooting your (Goons) horn as it pertains to elitism with requirements such as Goons have. Just because you take in all the fat neck beard cheeto smelling pizza faced nerds doesn't make you any more better or any less elitist in attitude than PL or any one else ftm.

I understand where your misperceptions come from. We take lots of new Goon players, but we don't really open recruit. There are ways around that, though, for a small deposit. PM me for details.
Lelob
H A V O C
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#766 - 2012-03-13 21:31:56 UTC
Innominate wrote:
Grath Telkin wrote:
So again, what beats 1200 dudes


A better question is, why should 100 dudes be able to beat those 1200 dudes without any serious risk to themselves?


Why can't out of 1200 dudes, 200 can't get into dreads and pwn 100 dudes?

c wut i did thar
Drago Palermus
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#767 - 2012-03-13 21:32:29 UTC
Grath Telkin wrote:
Tarsus Zateki wrote:


Are you illiterate? It says right there in the blog post. Titans are there to blap other capital ships. Something they are already very good at and have not had that ability nerfed in the slightest.


Wait, will these be the titans that need 30 billion in sensor boosters to lock a cap before it can de agro and dock?

you're p. bad at math, bro
Grath Telkin
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#768 - 2012-03-13 21:32:56 UTC
Tarsus Zateki wrote:
Grath Telkin wrote:
Tarsus Zateki wrote:

We aren't entirely reliant on our massive blob


Hahahahahahah, as if.


Your illiteracy caused you to miss the rest of that sentence. Give it another try.


Hey you said it not me, unless you're insinuating that any single member of the CFC can stand on its own two feet.

Malcanis - Without drone assign, the slowcat doctrine will wither and die.

Khadmos
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#769 - 2012-03-13 21:32:56 UTC
Lelob wrote:
Innominate wrote:
Grath Telkin wrote:
So again, what beats 1200 dudes


A better question is, why should 100 dudes be able to beat those 1200 dudes without any serious risk to themselves?


Why can't out of 1200 dudes, 200 can't get into dreads and pwn 100 dudes?

c wut i did thar


Because you are ******** and don't know what a doomsday is.
Bagehi
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#770 - 2012-03-13 21:33:28 UTC
Grath Telkin wrote:
To be entirely clear, the nerf changes nothing, an Erebus tracking fit will still volley a Maelstrom or a drake with no problem at all, even a 75% nerf to tracking wouldn't stop this from happening.


This. The nerf hurts titans v caps more than titans v subcaps. With how long CCP has been hinting about this nerf, I expected more finesse than nerf hammer. This was a misguided nerf hammer that smashed a finger rather than the nail it was aimed at.
Grath Telkin
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#771 - 2012-03-13 21:34:49 UTC
Khadmos wrote:
Lelob wrote:
Innominate wrote:
Grath Telkin wrote:
So again, what beats 1200 dudes


A better question is, why should 100 dudes be able to beat those 1200 dudes without any serious risk to themselves?


Why can't out of 1200 dudes, 200 can't get into dreads and pwn 100 dudes?

c wut i did thar


Because you are ******** and don't know what a doomsday is.


It only takes 2 tank mods to stand up to a DD, but please, go on calling other people names when you don't understand the game mechanics

Malcanis - Without drone assign, the slowcat doctrine will wither and die.

Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#772 - 2012-03-13 21:35:29 UTC
Grath Telkin wrote:

Hey ...d...o...n...g...s...o...o...o


all i see is you posting about how excited you are about dongs

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Khadmos
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#773 - 2012-03-13 21:35:31 UTC
Grath Telkin wrote:
Khadmos wrote:
Lelob wrote:
Innominate wrote:
Grath Telkin wrote:
So again, what beats 1200 dudes


A better question is, why should 100 dudes be able to beat those 1200 dudes without any serious risk to themselves?


Why can't out of 1200 dudes, 200 can't get into dreads and pwn 100 dudes?

c wut i did thar


Because you are ******** and don't know what a doomsday is.


It only takes 2 tank mods to stand up to a DD, but please, go on calling other people names when you don't understand the game mechanics


Good to know that PL only fits 1 titan with a DD per fleet.
Kismeteer
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#774 - 2012-03-13 21:36:34 UTC
Delegado Cero wrote:

PL are literally ev0ke.
We must secure the existence of our titans and a future for elite pvp.


No way. Ev0ke are way better than PL. Ev0ek shows up and fights in subcaps on a regular basis, and do very well. They are a very honoUrable enemy for us to fight. I have enjoyed many of our ev0ke fights. And when ev0ke doesn't have the numbers, they get allies and friends and get stuff done.

I respect the hell out of ev0ke, and have definitely improved Goons combat abilities by constantly giving us fights.
Anela Cistine
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#775 - 2012-03-13 21:38:11 UTC
Tithi wrote:


Well now you've just traded "who has the most X" for "who has the most Y".

You saying "Well they should bring a matching subcap fleet" is no different from them saying "Well they should bring a matching supercap fleet."


The difference is that a day one newbie can be in a nicely fit drake in 2-3 months. Less than 6 months for a pro maelstrom. The scimitars and huggins and whatnot take longer, but bulk of the fleet can relative newbies. Any 0.0 alliance that wanted to could "lower their standards" to recruit newbies, and train them up into a competent subcap fleet in just a few months.

I'm Goonswarm's Director of Rifters, so this is a subject close to my heart. We get our newbees out into 0.0 as soon as they finish the tutorial. We give them as many frigates and thrashers as they can blow up. I've seen a guy go through 11 rifters in one battle and just keep going back for more. :3 We set up a wiki, a squad system, classes, and various mentorship programs so that newbees can learn the way that is best for them, be it from reading, asking questions, or having a more experienced player hold their hands. It doesn't take long at all to make them moderately competent PVPers. Their skill point totals may be low, but none of those SP have been wasted on mining or mission running skills. And honestly they are delightful to be around. They don't know how things work, but they are excited to learn and excited about internet spaceships. It makes a nice change from the bittervets.


Plenty of elite PVP corps are smug about not even considering you until 10 million skill points, 20 million skill points, or more. Dooming many would-be PVPers to a year of highsec mining before they get to try the fun stuff. Then by the time they do get out of highsec they have developed all sorts of bad habits that will get them killed in expensive ships in nulsec. Surely getting more newbies that want the massive space battles they see in the advertisements involved in pew pew earlier would be good for the game? Most highsec mission runners that have been playing the game for 3 months can already fly a drake, and are getting pretty bored of PvE. There is nothing stopping alliances like PL and Raiden. from simply recruiting the low-skill backbone of a subcap fleet tomorrow.
Dez Affinity
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#776 - 2012-03-13 21:38:14 UTC
Khadmos wrote:
Lelob wrote:
Innominate wrote:
Grath Telkin wrote:
So again, what beats 1200 dudes


A better question is, why should 100 dudes be able to beat those 1200 dudes without any serious risk to themselves?


Why can't out of 1200 dudes, 200 can't get into dreads and pwn 100 dudes?

c wut i did thar


Because you are ******** and don't know what a doomsday is.


Look at this Fatal Acension guy thinking that losing dreads to kill super(s) is the worst thing ever.
Grath Telkin
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#777 - 2012-03-13 21:38:19 UTC
Sirhan Blixt wrote:


Also, did it occur to any of you soon-to-be-ex titan blobbers that maybe the reason you've been seeing these large subcap fleets is because titans are hilariously broken? No. It doesn't. .


Mabye because I've been watching Goons use the "More must be better" approach for 5 years now.


If you removed all supercaps from the game would the CFC suddenly dissipate into the ether?


No, no it wouldn't, you've banded together because you lack the means to stand alone, and that horde mentality was threatened by something, so you've reacted to it by crying until that stop was removed from the game.

Now you're free in April to rule the universe (unless our Smear Soundwave campaign works).

Malcanis - Without drone assign, the slowcat doctrine will wither and die.

Koby Botick
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#778 - 2012-03-13 21:39:02 UTC
Grath Telkin wrote:

What counters the 1200 dudes.


Right now? About 40 Titans and 20 moms. Throw in a few dictors or you can't blap enough of the 1200 before they warp off.
Sirhan Blixt
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#779 - 2012-03-13 21:40:23 UTC
Grath Telkin wrote:

Hey you said it not me, unless you're insinuating that any single member of the CFC can stand on its own two feet.

Against your anti-blue, anti-blobbing coalition? Not so much.

edit: now it's my turn to kick myself for missing the snipe.
Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#780 - 2012-03-13 21:41:13 UTC
Grath Telkin wrote:

Mabye because I've been watching Goons use the "More must be better" approach for 5 years now.

grath telkin: literally digitalcommunist

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.