These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Incoming titan adjustments

First post First post
Author
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#2661 - 2012-03-26 19:38:55 UTC
Snot Shot wrote:
Of course you need dictors to kill Super Caps but it doesn’t mean that a ship costing 100 bill, which sacrifice its tank for tracking enhancers, should'nt be able to hit the ships that are keeping it from saving itself.


the isk cost does not determine its capabilities, it determines how much you're losing

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Snot Shot
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2662 - 2012-03-26 21:01:16 UTC
Andski wrote:
Snot Shot wrote:
Of course you need dictors to kill Super Caps but it doesn’t mean that a ship costing 100 bill, which sacrifice its tank for tracking enhancers, should'nt be able to hit the ships that are keeping it from saving itself.


the isk cost does not determine its capabilities, it determines how much you're losing

Because it’s common to see dictors bought on the market for 100 bill ……Blink
.

Twitter = @Snot_Shot  - “If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything"

evesnotshot.blogspot.com

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#2663 - 2012-03-26 21:05:36 UTC
snot shot: illiterate

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Orion Guardian
#2664 - 2012-03-26 21:11:47 UTC
Snot Shot wrote:
Andski wrote:
Snot Shot wrote:
Of course you need dictors to kill Super Caps but it doesn’t mean that a ship costing 100 bill, which sacrifice its tank for tracking enhancers, should'nt be able to hit the ships that are keeping it from saving itself.


the isk cost does not determine its capabilities, it determines how much you're losing

Because it’s common to see dictors bought on the market for 100 bill ……Blink
.


You really ARE bad at reading comprehension.....cost is no reason for superiority over everything else!

Unless you find reasons other than: ISK-cost, SP investment or "because they should be" for Titans to be wtfbbqpwnmobiles that kill anything despite the obvious "Smaller ships should be harder to hit than bigger ships. There seems to be no arguing with you.

Why should a Titan instapop a T2 Destroyer? It should be like trying to headshot an ant with an Artillerie....if it hits, fine, but it should miss 99.9% of the time anyway.
Pesadel0
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2665 - 2012-03-27 00:29:03 UTC
Andski wrote:
http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=12842287

titans are fine wolololol



Day to day in goonfleet coms :

FC-Titans on grid bubble those fu++s(auf auf)

Stupid dictors- Yes sir -runs straith ahead mwd drive on and full trotlle- Gets pooped

FC-**** titans are hard

Stupid dictors- God damn titan needs nerf

All go to forum whine like asses.
Snot Shot
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2666 - 2012-03-27 01:16:03 UTC
Orion GUardian wrote:
Why should a Titan instapop a T2 Destroyer? It should be like trying to headshot an ant with an Artillerie....if it hits, fine, but it should miss 99.9% of the time anyway.

Honestly I had high hopes for Andski to hang in there yet he easily gets trampled beneith my poasting hooooves.....Pirate

As for you Orion.........why should Titans get nerf'd when the only reason you're crying for it is because you gimps won't log yours in? What else are they going to shoot at when they are supposed to be fighting a competent Alliance/Coalition of **** packers that have just as many, if not more, Titans....Question

Sorry there m8 but I fart in you and Nopeskis general direction on this one....Blink And besides.....why should an artillery round miss a ants head 99.9% of the time? ...........can't it just get it in the ass and still kill it?
.

Twitter = @Snot_Shot  - “If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything"

evesnotshot.blogspot.com

Elena Melkan
Magellanic Itg
Goonswarm Federation
#2667 - 2012-03-27 07:55:47 UTC
Snot Shot wrote:
Orion GUardian wrote:
Why should a Titan instapop a T2 Destroyer? It should be like trying to headshot an ant with an Artillerie....if it hits, fine, but it should miss 99.9% of the time anyway.

Honestly I had high hopes for Andski to hang in there yet he easily gets trampled beneith my poasting hooooves.....Pirate

As for you Orion.........why should Titans get nerf'd when the only reason you're crying for it is because you gimps won't log yours in? What else are they going to shoot at when they are supposed to be fighting a competent Alliance/Coalition of **** packers that have just as many, if not more, Titans....Question


Yes, you can tell that to yourself and believe it's true and live in your fantasy world, if that makes your game experience better! But by doing this, you are ignoring the facts. It IS stupid that a titan can even lock on a small target, not even mentioning the titan being able to kill it. For that duty, you should have other ships around, to hit those tinier ships - and let the titans deal with bigger targets.

A bit more diversity.

But it's starting to look like (oh well, it has been obvious all the time...) that there are certain group of people lacking common sense. They expect to win everything with their 'quality ships' by just facerolling on their keyboards like maniacs.
Daviclond
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#2668 - 2012-03-27 13:32:25 UTC
Pesadel0 wrote:
Andski wrote:
http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=12842287

titans are fine wolololol



Day to day in goonfleet coms :

FC-Titans on grid bubble those fu++s(auf auf)

Stupid dictors- Yes sir -runs straith ahead mwd drive on and full trotlle- Gets pooped

FC-**** titans are hard

Stupid dictors- God damn titan needs nerf

All go to forum whine like asses.


Your precious titans are getting nerfed ^______^
Captain Sparro
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#2669 - 2012-03-28 07:10:20 UTC
simple, make titans unable to lock sub caps, Titans are a "superweapon" but warping in 2 tracking titans aint suppose to wipe the floor with 300 drakes, personally i'v lost experianced loosing abaddons and guardians to tracking titans thought orbitting the damm titan at 500m, and it still takes care of a abaddon in 2 shots, this need to be nerfed. making titans able to lock subcaps woul solve the problem, (since DD dont work on sub caps why should it lock) since the DD is meant to be the rason you warp in a titan.
-jump in
-DD some poor carrier/dread/super/titan
-use them huuge guns to deal additional dmg to CAPS!
- jump out.

BRING BACK THE CAP FIGHTS!
Acwron
Meet The Fockers
#2670 - 2012-03-28 10:54:31 UTC
captain sparro wrote:
simple, make titans unable to lock sub caps, Titans are a "superweapon" but warping in 2 tracking titans aint suppose to wipe the floor with 300 drakes, personally i'v lost experianced loosing abaddons and guardians to tracking titans thought orbitting the damm titan at 500m, and it still takes care of a abaddon in 2 shots, this need to be nerfed. making titans able to lock subcaps woul solve the problem, (since DD dont work on sub caps why should it lock) since the DD is meant to be the rason you warp in a titan.
-jump in
-DD some poor carrier/dread/super/titan
-use them huuge guns to deal additional dmg to CAPS!
- jump out.

BRING BACK THE CAP FIGHTS!



DO NOT WARP in range of a titan. Problem solved.
Snot Shot
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2671 - 2012-03-28 11:56:27 UTC
Elena Melkan wrote:
Yes, you can tell that to yourself and believe it's true and live in your fantasy world, if that makes your game experience better! But by doing this, you are ignoring the facts. It IS stupid that a titan can even lock on a small target, not even mentioning the titan being able to kill it. For that duty, you should have other ships around, to hit those tinier ships - and let the titans deal with bigger targets.

A bit more diversity.

But it's starting to look like (oh well, it has been obvious all the time...) that there are certain group of people lacking common sense. They expect to win everything with their 'quality ships' by just facerolling on their keyboards like maniacs.

It actually looks like there are a certain group of people that want to have rifters determine the course of 0.0 warfare by taking away anything that can hold the door closed to your giant ball of space **** Alliances that won’t use Capitals during fleet fights.

I guess we will see what happens but it’s good that you guys didn’t get what you wanted and that’s really all that matters….Blink
.

Twitter = @Snot_Shot  - “If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything"

evesnotshot.blogspot.com

Smiling Menace
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2672 - 2012-03-28 12:38:57 UTC
Snot Shot wrote:
Elena Melkan wrote:
Yes, you can tell that to yourself and believe it's true and live in your fantasy world, if that makes your game experience better! But by doing this, you are ignoring the facts. It IS stupid that a titan can even lock on a small target, not even mentioning the titan being able to kill it. For that duty, you should have other ships around, to hit those tinier ships - and let the titans deal with bigger targets.

A bit more diversity.

But it's starting to look like (oh well, it has been obvious all the time...) that there are certain group of people lacking common sense. They expect to win everything with their 'quality ships' by just facerolling on their keyboards like maniacs.

It actually looks like there are a certain group of people that want to have rifters determine the course of 0.0 warfare by taking away anything that can hold the door closed to your giant ball of space **** Alliances that won’t use Capitals during fleet fights.

I guess we will see what happens but it’s good that you guys didn’t get what you wanted and that’s really all that matters….Blink
.


Dude, you are quite possibly the biggest moron on these forums by a country mile.

God I hope the CFC do start using their Titans and Super Caps just as Raiden. NC. and friends have been. Wonder how long before they would praying for the nerf to happen sooner?

If you don't realise by now that they are the largest alliance in the game and they will massively outnumber all other Capital using corps/alliance very soon, then you need a good slap to wake you up.

I personally would hate the idea of the CFC steamrollering all of EVE when they can field 300+ titans in a single fight, welp them all and laugh as they replace them an hour later and do it all over again. That would kill EVE quicker than anything else.

But typical of you, Snotter, you just troll the forums doing your usual 'WAAAAA!!! Goonies will win and I will look like even more of a moron!! Must troll harder!!!' rather than support changes that benefit ALL of the people that play EVE.

This isn't called Titans Online for a reason after all......

Snot Shot
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2673 - 2012-03-28 15:01:26 UTC
You’re too cute.. If you stopped and looked at the history of why Goons have been crying for a Titan nerf to happen so far it’s because of the following:

• CFC tried “helicopter dicking” sov by using their Super Caps but kept losing them because their pilots are “terrible at this game” so the CFC stopped logging them in…..Cry

• CFC tried to resort to **** packing systems to take sov and moons thinking that they could avoid using their Super Caps and still win by sheer attrition during fleet fights. Their pilot’s started getting really mad that they had to shoot structures with subcaps because if they logged in their Super Caps they would die in fires….Cry

• They tried to **** pack Tenal to take it but unlike Whit Noise, Raidens not a dead Alliance and their Super Cap fleet stopped the CFC Subcap fleets dead in their tracks....Pirate

• CFC response to this was **** pack the systems more, but still not log in their Capitals to counter Raiden…Cry

• When this didn’t work, the CFC had welp’d enough Fleets to try and build a false case to get Titans nerf’d so their **** packing numbers would end up “winning” them fights…..Roll

Now that you have the history straight you might want to say thanks to PL/Raiden/NC. for keeping the door closed on the CFC this long, otherwise the CFC would span from Fountain all the way around to Geminate at this point……Blink
.

Twitter = @Snot_Shot  - “If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything"

evesnotshot.blogspot.com

Smiling Menace
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2674 - 2012-03-28 15:23:36 UTC
Snot Shot wrote:
Some crap


Looks like CFC did use their caps.

Titans Online

Where were you? Staying in dock range in Jita as per usual?

And this is the reason why the nerf is a must or we will see more of this.
Joyelle
SludgeSlingers
#2675 - 2012-03-28 16:16:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Joyelle
Smiling Menace wrote:
Snot Shot wrote:
Some crap


Looks like CFC did use their caps.

Titans Online

Where were you? Staying in dock range in Jita as per usual?

And this is the reason why the nerf is a must or we will see more of this.

Titans are still viable imo. Make sure to bring a long a **** ton of target painters and scimitars/oneiros for tracking boost. With that aside, I was wondering what CCP were thinking when they decided to give titans 5 scan res. lol

P.S. that killmail doesn't relate to anything. Equal number of titans on both sides and the cfc has about 2 or 3 times the man power.
Smiling Menace
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2676 - 2012-03-28 16:36:38 UTC
Joyelle wrote:
Smiling Menace wrote:
Snot Shot wrote:
Some crap


Looks like CFC did use their caps.

Titans Online

Where were you? Staying in dock range in Jita as per usual?

And this is the reason why the nerf is a must or we will see more of this.

Titans are still viable imo. Make sure to bring a long a **** ton of target painters and scimitars/oneiros for tracking boost. With that aside, I was wondering what CCP were thinking when they decided to give titans 5 scan res. lol

P.S. that killmail doesn't relate to anything. Equal number of titans on both sides and the cfc has about 2 or 3 times the man power.


Actually it does. Snotter and friends have been warned that if the CFC decided to use their caps then they would have more than everyone else combined. Without the nerf, do you really want Goons and friends effectively 'winning' EVE by default?

I certainly don't. I quite like this game and I would like to play it more before it really does become Titans Online.
Snot Shot
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2677 - 2012-03-28 16:49:34 UTC
Smiling Menace wrote:
Joyelle wrote:
Smiling Menace wrote:
Snot Shot wrote:
Some crap


Looks like CFC did use their caps.

Titans Online

Where were you? Staying in dock range in Jita as per usual?

And this is the reason why the nerf is a must or we will see more of this.

Titans are still viable imo. Make sure to bring a long a **** ton of target painters and scimitars/oneiros for tracking boost. With that aside, I was wondering what CCP were thinking when they decided to give titans 5 scan res. lol

P.S. that killmail doesn't relate to anything. Equal number of titans on both sides and the cfc has about 2 or 3 times the man power.


Actually it does. Snotter and friends have been warned that if the CFC decided to use their caps then they would have more than everyone else combined. Without the nerf, do you really want Goons and friends effectively 'winning' EVE by default?

I certainly don't. I quite like this game and I would like to play it more before it really does become Titans Online.

It’s ok to look foolish once in a while but throttle back from time to time here………..CFC have “warned EVE”………Lol. As the guy mentioned above, the link you posted had equal the Titans and CFC had calls out to as far as AAA to come to the fight and that’s why CFC logged them in, and only a small fraction of what they actually have.

So you posting that fleet fight proves my point in that the CFC want the only thing that could stop them nerf’d so they can **** pack to win through attrition and not have to worry about losing subcaps to Supers which is what keeps the door closed on them at this point...Pirate

I’m sorry that you’ve been brain washed, or bullied, by Mittani into believing that Titans shouldn’t be able to hit Sub-caps..Blink
.

Twitter = @Snot_Shot  - “If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything"

evesnotshot.blogspot.com

Saiphas Cain
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#2678 - 2012-03-28 20:07:22 UTC
CONSTRUCTIVE SUGGESTION

rather than more argument and banter.

If the devs are noting that code rewrites are more of an issue than they're worth you look for the smaller kludge. Currently XL weapons apply to all capitals, yet much like cruisers and battleships, Capitals and Supercapitals are in different classes. Simplest solution I would think is introduce a new class of XXL weapons for Titans specifically, and change the bonuses to those to discourage people from undergunning their titans to blap subcaps ( or if they do undergun they enjoy no bonuses ). It's a bit more work in the art department, yes, but new weapons can have stats that do not effect Dreads use of XL weapons and doesn't require re-coding much of anything in terms of raw mechanics. Worst case if the issue is one of sig radius ( which admittedly ONLY missiles handle properly ) rather than tracking then just make all XXL weapons behave like missiles to the server. ( Wouldn't be hard to make excuses to support it. How fast would shells that large really travel anyway? lasers that big? Well, I seem to remember a certain deaths-starr from a popular movie franchise taking some time to gear up and fire. Not an issue. )
Smiling Menace
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2679 - 2012-03-28 21:04:00 UTC
Snot Shot wrote:
Smiling Menace wrote:
Joyelle wrote:
Smiling Menace wrote:
Snot Shot wrote:
Some crap


Looks like CFC did use their caps.

Titans Online

Where were you? Staying in dock range in Jita as per usual?

And this is the reason why the nerf is a must or we will see more of this.

Titans are still viable imo. Make sure to bring a long a **** ton of target painters and scimitars/oneiros for tracking boost. With that aside, I was wondering what CCP were thinking when they decided to give titans 5 scan res. lol

P.S. that killmail doesn't relate to anything. Equal number of titans on both sides and the cfc has about 2 or 3 times the man power.


Actually it does. Snotter and friends have been warned that if the CFC decided to use their caps then they would have more than everyone else combined. Without the nerf, do you really want Goons and friends effectively 'winning' EVE by default?

I certainly don't. I quite like this game and I would like to play it more before it really does become Titans Online.

It’s ok to look foolish once in a while but throttle back from time to time here………..CFC have “warned EVE”………Lol. As the guy mentioned above, the link you posted had equal the Titans and CFC had calls out to as far as AAA to come to the fight and that’s why CFC logged them in, and only a small fraction of what they actually have.

So you posting that fleet fight proves my point in that the CFC want the only thing that could stop them nerf’d so they can **** pack to win through attrition and not have to worry about losing subcaps to Supers which is what keeps the door closed on them at this point...Pirate

I’m sorry that you’ve been brain washed, or bullied, by Mittani into believing that Titans shouldn’t be able to hit Sub-caps..Blink
.


I am starting to think there's something very wrong with you. You don't appear to be able to read which is very sad. Maybe some lessons?

I most certainly do not and never will support Goons.

Ok, let's try simple things for you since you need someone to hold your hand here. You say that Titans/Super Caps are all that stand in Goons way to total EVE domination? You ok to this point? Just stop me if I am going too fast for you Snotter.

Based on this you believe the nerf is a bad idea as Raiden./NC./PL and buddies have been the thin red line stopping Goons.

However, my point is, without this nerf, the CFC will have even more Titans/Super Caps than Raiden./NC./PL and buddies combined and it won't matter that the CFC is terrible. They will be able to blap the total crap out of ANY fleet that ANYONE brings using the mechanics that exit today.

You seem to feel that this nerf is purely to hurt your brosefs in Raiden./NC./PL + friends (if they will admit to being brosefs with you is debatable) but I don't think it is. It's purely to stop stupid game mechanics from screwing up EVE completely when Goons and friends can bring thousands of Titans/Super Caps to a fight in the not too distant future.

As to your thoughts that Goons and friends will win by sheer weight of numbers, ask yourself this, why is they have the largest alliance in the game? Why do people fly with this evil terrible alliance that you claim it to be?

May be if people like you stopped being such an arse on the forums that people might actually see the light and join the side of the angels? Food for thought.
Snot Shot
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2680 - 2012-03-29 13:04:15 UTC
Ok………if you’re going to get all serious business for the last 6 poasts I might as well toss you a bone.



Smiling Menace wrote:
Based on this you believe the nerf is a bad idea as Raiden./NC./PL and buddies have been the thin red line stopping Goons.

However, my point is, without this nerf, the CFC will have even more Titans/Super Caps than Raiden./NC./PL and buddies combined and it won't matter that the CFC is terrible. They will be able to blap the total crap out of ANY fleet that ANYONE brings using the mechanics that exit today.


My opinion is simply that to this point it’s been what is keeping the door closed on this ever growing blob of Alliances jumping on the CFC “easy button band wagon” in order to live in null sec. The CFC has refused to log in their Super Caps for a few reasons, one being so PL would lose interest in hunting them down, and so the CFC can welp enough fleets to try and push a nerf through.

I think it’s foolish of you to think that nerfing Titans will keep the CFC from rolling through regions when they want since, in most cases, it’s the numbers that grind down any opponents in 0.0 warfare. Yes I’m cheering for Raiden and the others but mainly because they aren’t afraid to take on the CFC mob. They are the underdogs. The CFC only attacks Alliances when they are already dying or they are sure they have the overwhelming numbers. They are cowards and I don’t cheer for the cowards.

Smiling Menace wrote:
You seem to feel that this nerf is purely to hurt your brosefs in Raiden./NC./PL + friends (if they will admit to being brosefs with you is debatable) but I don't think it is. It's purely to stop stupid game mechanics from screwing up EVE completely when Goons and friends can bring thousands of Titans/Super Caps to a fight in the not too distant future.


That’s fine if the CFC can field thousands of Titans/Super Caps to fights in the near future. Raiden/PL/NCDot are typically interested in the “good fights” anyways and would just go back to baiting reasonable size fights. If they needed to they would up and move somewhere else to find the fights since they have said many times they think owning space is a pain in the ass.

Smiling Menace wrote:
As to your thoughts that Goons and friends will win by sheer weight of numbers, ask yourself this, why is they have the largest alliance in the game? Why do people fly with this evil terrible alliance that you claim it to be?


Because they can get in. Raiden/PL/NCDot have specific expectations of their pilots to match their style of game play. CFC Alliances don’t. Therefore anyone can join the CFC where their immediatly told that Raiden/PL/NCDot is the enemy and whatever else they can be brainwashed into believing. “PL/Raiden/NCDot are elitist ass holes!!”……”Bob still lives as Raiden!”……and on and on it goes. The numbers grow, and all of a sudden you have half of the EVE map playing EVE on “Easy” as they are a part of the “friendly CFC” where everyone is supportive of each other and it’s all rainbows and pillow fights.

Their excuse? Their excuse is that they are all really “separate entities” that aren’t Goon pets, and only come together to support each other’s goals in 0.0 conquests………….I think that turns into a “mob” btw…Blink So the hypocrisy lives on with the CFC and it always will. There will always be a “Northern Coalition” in this game and the CFC has simply taken their place at this point.


Smiling Menace wrote:
May be if people like you stopped being such an arse on the forums that people might actually see the light and join the side of the angels? Food for thought.

I think that you’re the one that needs to pull your head out of the CFC Kool-Aid bowl on this one. No one is going to “join the side of the angels” because the angels are selective in whom they accept and therefore will always have a minority populous…………and hated for being “elitist”……Cry.

I’m the minority on these forums for a reason and it’s not because I blindly follow around The Martini and the CFC cheering about how great they are………I leave that up to the 30,000 sheep in the CFC to do.... Blink

Twitter = @Snot_Shot  - “If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything"

evesnotshot.blogspot.com