These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP do something about the suicide ganking problem

Author
Jita Alt666
#21 - 2012-03-11 19:51:57 UTC
hey look another melodramatic thread about losing poorly operated vessels in jita.
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#22 - 2012-03-11 19:58:31 UTC
I'll kick this thread up a notch.

Suicide ganking is a viable tactic, but you should be podded by Concord for it.

Cold, harsh and unforgiving is the mantra, I believe. Make it true CCP. Pod the bastards.

Mr Epeen Cool
Arakazzi
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#23 - 2012-03-11 20:02:42 UTC
Why can't people accept that this is part of EVE and move on?
Ishen Villone
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2012-03-11 20:07:20 UTC
Sandbox working as intended.
Dbars Grinding
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2012-03-11 20:09:15 UTC
O fficial
R ape
C age
A mbulate

I have more space likes than you. 

Skorpynekomimi
#26 - 2012-03-11 20:13:45 UTC
1. Deal with it.
2. Get and tank an orca, jam everything in corp hangar.
3. Move to jita in smaller loads.
4. DON'T GO TO BLOODY JITA. THERE ARE OTHER TRADE HUBS. Less lag, less gank.
5. Courier contracts. Let Someone Else Do It.

Economic PVP

Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#27 - 2012-03-11 20:38:38 UTC
Jas Dor wrote:
If you can't ship effectively you go from large industrialists spooling up large jobs to little guys moving in a stack of maybe 100 mods at a time. This is not a good thing for an effective low price point.

But it's great for small industrialists and regional market hubs. You're making some very good arguments in favor of suicide ganking.
Tanya Powers
Doomheim
#28 - 2012-03-11 20:48:59 UTC
Jas Dor wrote:
This is reaching the level of a crime wave. The gankers are no longer even using passive targeters to scan you. I'm getting visibly scanned every time I bring any form of hauler into Jita. This is an annoying constant assault. Its also putting hard limit on how much isk can be shipped that is, I think, lower than what CCP intended.

You have a lot of solutions to counter this:

-install your toon somewhere else than jita/rens/amarr (dodixie is meh too)

-try to buy/sell 7 to 10 jumps of those hubs (and believe me your profits will be a lot higher)

-create instant undock safe spots at different distances.

-use cloaky hauler, yes cloacky hauler in high sec is completely god mode travel. Try to catch my viator or crane getting in to or getting out of jita 4-4, good luck Lol
Of course you'll be doing your travel with warps at 0 and manually, forget youpørn k?

-last but non least: unsub with reason: high sec ganking
The more there will be doing this the faster something will get donne. It's the only language or discussion CCP understands, the unilateral one.
Sure they've done some progress but start a new gallente combat toon from 0 and we'll talk about it after that. Blink
Vaal Erit
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#29 - 2012-03-11 21:11:02 UTC
Link me exactly where CCP states this is how much isk you can safely carry.

No? Can't find it? I'll tell you what you can find, is CCP saying that High-sec is not safe space and it never will be. High-sec space is not safe, only safer.

Oh and welcome to EVE. Stop your whining and HTFU.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#30 - 2012-03-11 21:18:56 UTC
I was attacked once 4 years ago in my hauler. I do 4 or 5 trips into and out of jita every day and have been scanned twice in 5 months.

I don't think this is as big an issue as the OP thinks.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#31 - 2012-03-11 21:23:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Dbars Grinding wrote:
O fficial
R ape
C age
A mbulate

Speaking of which…

OP, did you know that there is a ship that has the most EHP of any kind of hauler; that is completely unscannable; that does not drop anything, making it a worthless target and a very poor trade for the 750bn worth of ships required to kill it; and which gets into warp in 10 seconds flat regardless of skills…

It might not carry as much as some other haulers, but the security (and speed) of the operation kind of makes it worth the extra effort.

baltec1 wrote:
I was attacked once 4 years ago in my hauler. I do 4 or 5 trips into and out of jita every day and have been scanned twice in 5 months.

I don't think this is as big an issue as the OP thinks.
In February, 831 ships were lost per day to CONCORD. That's 70 freighters killed at most, and will, in practice, be a whole lot fewer than that.
Utremi Fasolasi
La Dolce Vita
#32 - 2012-03-11 21:44:09 UTC
Jas Dor wrote:
[quote=Stella SGP]Well, referring to an earlier thread about suicide freighters, sadly the general consensus on the forums seem to be either haul less then 700mil in your freighter or bring a gang of 12 remote reppers to counter the 12 Tornados sitting on gate.

A 700m cap on moving stuff with a freighter makes any good with a value greater than say 1000 isk/m3 difficult to ship (assuming a freighter hold of 700,000 m/3. Trit is going for 4.5 isk/unit right now or 450 isk/m3.

Let me try to get this through your thick skull. Any mod with more than a 2.2 compression factor, just on trit alone, can no longer be efficiently hauled. That's almost every item in the game (except cap boosters).

You kill the ability to ship things then wonder why the game has run away inflation. If you can't ship effectively you go from large industrialists spooling up large jobs to little guys moving in a stack of maybe 100 mods at a time. This is not a good thing for an effective low price point.

So.. don't jump into Jita.. stop in Perimeter or New Caldari and sell your stuff from there. Why bother to go in to Jita? It's not like the market doesn't let people buy from any system in region..

Or sell in Dodixie or Rens or Amarr.
Stella SGP
#33 - 2012-03-11 21:50:09 UTC
Jas Dor wrote:
[quote=Stella SGP]Well, referring to an earlier thread about suicide freighters, sadly the general consensus on the forums seem to be either haul less then 700mil in your freighter or bring a gang of 12 remote reppers to counter the 12 Tornados sitting on gate.

A 700m cap on moving stuff with a freighter makes any good with a value greater than say 1000 isk/m3 difficult to ship (assuming a freighter hold of 700,000 m/3. Trit is going for 4.5 isk/unit right now or 450 isk/m3.

Let me try to get this through your thick skull. Any mod with more than a 2.2 compression factor, just on trit alone, can no longer be efficiently hauled. That's almost every item in the game (except cap boosters).

You kill the ability to ship things then wonder why the game has run away inflation. If you can't ship effectively you go from large industrialists spooling up large jobs to little guys moving in a stack of maybe 100 mods at a time. This is not a good thing for an effective low price point.

You're MEAN!

Now maybe if you re-read my post slowly this time you'll realize where I stand on this issue. Note the usage of the word "sad", it appears twice.

/me runs away crying
Skydell
Bad Girl Posse
Somethin Awfull Forums
#34 - 2012-03-11 21:51:57 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Phantom
I undocked at 4-4 last night in an empty badger and the split second I clicked to use my insta, I was locked and scanned. They have a .8 second lock, it isn't like you are going to do anything about it.

Sure there are a hundred one trick pony tactics you can use to evade, as many "don't do that" mantra's alive and thriving in EVE but at the end of the day I am reminded of how CCP have shown an eager willingness to coddle free to play dust bunnies but paying Industrials in EVE?

Edit: Inappropriate remark removed, CCP Phantom
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#35 - 2012-03-11 22:15:49 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Phantom
Skydell wrote:
I undocked at 4-4 last night in an empty badger and the split second I clicked to use my insta, I was locked and scanned. They have a .8 second lock, it isn't like you are going to do anything about it.

Sure there are a hundred one trick pony tactics you can use to evade, as many "don't do that" mantra's alive and thriving in EVE but at the end of the day I am reminded of how CCP have shown an eager willingness to coddle free to play dust bunnies but paying Industrials in EVE?

Nothing against hi sec ganking.

But calling it "the only PvP left for hi sec" sounds like someone is as carebear at refusing to go PvP in low / 0.0 sec as those hi seccers they want to kill. Nobody pays you to stay in hi sec, if you find it too restrictive to pew pew in there.

Finally, I think CCP should review the lock times. Like nano-extreme brought a nerf, like super unscannable ships got nerfed, CCP should also make lock times limited to a minimum of 1 simulation heartbeat plus about 100ms for out of UK players.
Valentyn3
Deep Core Mining Inc.
#36 - 2012-03-11 22:31:02 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Phantom
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
Skydell wrote:

Nothing against hi sec ganking.

But calling it "the only PvP left for hi sec" sounds like someone is as carebear at refusing to go PvP in low / 0.0 sec as those hi seccers they want to kill. Nobody pays you to stay in hi sec, if you find it too restrictive to pew pew in there.

Finally, I think CCP should review the lock times. Like nano-extreme brought a nerf, like super unscannable ships got nerfed, CCP should also make lock times limited to a minimum of 1 simulation heartbeat plus about 100ms for out of UK players.

Maybe slap some debilitatingly long lock time penalty on cargo scanners with immunity to sensor boosting if the module is online? I like the idea of being able to cargo scan but putting a gank extraordinaire ship into the game without making it harder to overall to balance things out is silly.

I don't always use hax. But when I do, it's because I'm an NPC.. http://i.imgur.com/PUZou.jpg

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#37 - 2012-03-11 22:32:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
But calling it "the only PvP left for hi sec" sounds like someone is as carebear at refusing to go PvP in low / 0.0 sec as those hi seccers they want to kill.
Highsec is a PvP arena, so why should they have to leave to get some?

Valentyn3 wrote:
I like the idea of being able to cargo scan but putting a gank extraordinaire ship into the game without making it harder to overall to balance things out is silly.
They already did that, long before the ships were added. If anything, the ship was put in to balance things out, since it had become so ridiculously safe.
Schmacos tryne
Norsk Testosteron
#38 - 2012-03-11 22:36:40 UTC
An I5 can haul more then 40kM3... Don't need an Orca.
Tanya Powers
Doomheim
#39 - 2012-03-11 22:37:38 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
But calling it "the only PvP left for hi sec" sounds like someone is as carebear at refusing to go PvP in low / 0.0 sec as those hi seccers they want to kill.

Valentyn3 wrote:
I like the idea of being able to cargo scan but putting a gank extraordinaire ship into the game without making it harder to overall to balance things out is silly.
They already did that, long before the ships were added. If anything, the ship was put in to balance things out, since it had become so ridiculously safe.

Because they're shooting slowly but surely they're own foot.
Ai Shun
#40 - 2012-03-11 22:38:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Ai Shun
Tippia wrote:
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:

Indeed. It is high time that players learned EVE is a PvP game and that High-sec is not the same as rolling on a PvE server in World of Warcraft.

Schmackos Tryne wrote:
An I5 can haul more then 40kM3... Don't need an Orca.

/facepalm