These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

LVL 4 insanity?

Author
stoicfaux
#81 - 2011-09-11 18:01:27 UTC
Nor Tzestu wrote:

Check out the videos in this then tell me the mach/nightmare is so much better than a Golem. You can't, and do you know why? It simply isn't when you learn how to fit a ship. In fact the Golem out DPS's either ship out to 64km and makes you more money. If any of you spent half the time learning things instead of repeating your own closely held dogmas and meme's you might find entire new things to do rather than forum/eft warrior and sticking your foot in your mouth for all to see. I am sure some will be horrified this guy DPS's stuff as hard as anything you can fly while he is salvaging and looting and making more money than you in your Mach or Nightmare but so be it. I should also note he won't be volleying frigates as he uses DRONES to wipe them out like someone with half a brain would. Just watch and learn what an OPTIMAL mission fit is like and how to use it for maximum isk/hr.


*giggle*

Ok, in the AE video, he was only using two TPs. You really want to use three against Angels.

Secondly, he cleared the first AE room in 5:20. Just today, in my 1000 DPS Vargur, I cleared the first room in 4:20.

Thirdly, as I posted a few messages up, my Vargur finished AE over six minutes faster than my three TP Golem.

Fourthly, drones are sloooooooooooooow to kill elite frigates. This guy uses a 5 TP Golem to two shot elite frigates and to ensure one volley kills on cruisers: http://eve.battleclinic.com/loadout/42705-Golem-Angel-Screams.html
Fourthly Addendum, elite Angel frigates (Webifier and Viper) are weaker to Thermal damage than Explosive, so use Hobgoblins instead of Warriors.

Fifthly, assuming a 2,000 isk/lp conversion rate, here are the breakdowns on earnings for my Vargur's AE run:
* bounties: 40%
* rewards: 8%
* LP: 36%
* Salvage: 10%
* Mineral value of Loot: 6%
or about 1.65M isk in assets per minute after nearly 30 minutes (24:45 mission time, 3:44 travel time.) Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

By comparison, running Damsel in seven minutes in a Tengu (3:07 mission time, 3:50 travel time) is about 2.26M isk/minute in assets from rewards and LP.


Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Valhallas
New Eden Robotics
#82 - 2011-09-11 20:24:54 UTC
The OP just wants the mission rats to fall over like good, well behaved NPC's.

If they dont then it's off to the forums to complain like a spoiled brat.

Just grow up.
FuzzyLogik360
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#83 - 2011-09-11 21:25:36 UTC
Dantes Wolf wrote:
...and wut about the loot? in the old days every wreck had stuff in em, now 3/4 are empty and when i do get loot, they contain T1 items, excuse me, but where is my income here?


Well I don'y think the 3/4 empty wrecks is the problem, that's just par for the course.

However, I do think something is up with the quality of the loot drops. A year a go I was grinding lvl 3's and I remember every 5th mission or so I'd get a T1 named item worth 5-10 million. This was great income for a lvl 3, and got me well on my way financially to doing lvl 4's.

I'm now doing a ton of lvl 4's, and I've not had a single T1 drop worth over 1 million. Now the income from bounties is much, much better than lvl 3, but still I was hoping for that nice "surprise" from a few of the loot drops.

I am at risk here of sounding like those fools who claim "invention is broken" cus they've had 10 fails and no successes. I know that loot drops are chance based and there is nothing odd about the lack of good T1 drops. But still, I'm a little gutted.

The thing that concerns me however is that in one of the latest dev blogs, it was implied that loot drops would get nerfed even more to fit the philosophy that only better gear should be had in low/null-sec space. Well that's a disaster. You need to keep the odd "jackpot" drop in hi-sec, to keep the punters coming back for more. Otherwise your punters will just clear off somewhere else...

...I heard recently that subs have been dropping. hmmm...
Firebolt145
The Hatchery
#84 - 2011-09-11 21:38:27 UTC
Nor Tzestu wrote:
[quote=destiny2]If your flying a golem. your resits should be much higher then 70%. since the golem gets a tractor beam bonus. try and lower the amount of dps. being fired at you by moveing. your dps is gonna suck if you dont have the right amount of tp's as you will not hit your targets for effective damage.

the ultimate mission ship has been changed since they came out with Strategic Cruisers Tengu. is now more favourable then the golem is. [/quote

I love the Tengu as much as anyone. That said this isn't about being in one optimal ship. The Tengu is better for some things, the Golem for others. Just like the Mach and nightmare are better for others. You all can keep fighting over how other people play and what they like to use though. We are within inches of tears and more epic emo 4 page posts cause someone said the CNR is a solid ship for a one size fits all mission boat. And if I had to run just one mission ship, it's a Golem.


http://eve.battleclinic.com/loadout/21813-Golem-that-actually-has-TP-039-s.html

Check out the videos in this then tell me the mach/nightmare is so much better than a Golem. You can't, and do you know why? It simply isn't when you learn how to fit a ship. In fact the Golem out DPS's either ship out to 64km and makes you more money. If any of you spent half the time learning things instead of repeating your own closely held dogmas and meme's you might find entire new things to do rather than forum/eft warrior and sticking your foot in your mouth for all to see. I am sure some will be horrified this guy DPS's stuff as hard as anything you can fly while he is salvaging and looting and making more money than you in your Mach or Nightmare but so be it. I should also note he won't be volleying frigates as he uses DRONES to wipe them out like someone with half a brain would. Just watch and learn what an OPTIMAL mission fit is like and how to use it for maximum isk/hr.

Don't mean to sound rude but your statement about a golem making more money because he is salvaging and looting completely turned me off paying careful attention to the rest of your post. You're wrong. FYI I don't even release drones in 95% of situations because they end up slowing me down, having to send them in and out etc.

Stoicfaux definitely sounds like someone I agree with about 95% of things from mission money making to ships (5% being whether Mach or Vargur are better, but the difference between the two are so miniscule anyway).
Nor Tzestu
Dos Pollos Hermanos
Elementium Alliance
#85 - 2011-09-11 22:07:51 UTC
Firebolt145 wrote:
Nor Tzestu wrote:
[quote=destiny2]If your flying a golem. your resits should be much higher then 70%. since the golem gets a tractor beam bonus. try and lower the amount of dps. being fired at you by moveing. your dps is gonna suck if you dont have the right amount of tp's as you will not hit your targets for effective damage.

the ultimate mission ship has been changed since they came out with Strategic Cruisers Tengu. is now more favourable then the golem is. [/quote

I love the Tengu as much as anyone. That said this isn't about being in one optimal ship. The Tengu is better for some things, the Golem for others. Just like the Mach and nightmare are better for others. You all can keep fighting over how other people play and what they like to use though. We are within inches of tears and more epic emo 4 page posts cause someone said the CNR is a solid ship for a one size fits all mission boat. And if I had to run just one mission ship, it's a Golem.


http://eve.battleclinic.com/loadout/21813-Golem-that-actually-has-TP-039-s.html

Check out the videos in this then tell me the mach/nightmare is so much better than a Golem. You can't, and do you know why? It simply isn't when you learn how to fit a ship. In fact the Golem out DPS's either ship out to 64km and makes you more money. If any of you spent half the time learning things instead of repeating your own closely held dogmas and meme's you might find entire new things to do rather than forum/eft warrior and sticking your foot in your mouth for all to see. I am sure some will be horrified this guy DPS's stuff as hard as anything you can fly while he is salvaging and looting and making more money than you in your Mach or Nightmare but so be it. I should also note he won't be volleying frigates as he uses DRONES to wipe them out like someone with half a brain would. Just watch and learn what an OPTIMAL mission fit is like and how to use it for maximum isk/hr.

Don't mean to sound rude but your statement about a golem making more money because he is salvaging and looting completely turned me off paying careful attention to the rest of your post. You're wrong. FYI I don't even release drones in 95% of situations because they end up slowing me down, having to send them in and out etc.

Stoicfaux definitely sounds like someone I agree with about 95% of things from mission money making to ships (5% being whether Mach or Vargur are better, but the difference between the two are so miniscule anyway).


Oh noes. You disagree? Between you and the giggle boy cherry picking ONE (really one mission? Roll) mission when I have at least taken the time to give you some video really breaks my heart. Honestly, there might be tears.

How about this? HTFU and prove it? Lets see some actual proof instead. Cling to whatever beliefs you want I could care less. But if your going to attempt to make broad statements be prepared to be called on it and actually show some type of proof. Until that happens, I'll go by what I can see and has been shown not what you all want to hurf blurf about . You can repeat the same crap 100 times and it still doesn't make it true.

Some fraps of these "amazing" completion times? Maybe an explanation of your fit and your tactics? Something? Or should we just go by what you think and feel? That your argument?

All we get is lots of sizzle and very little steak. I'm happy to be wrong, your just actually going to have to prove it is all.
Mr Kidd
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#86 - 2011-09-11 22:08:36 UTC
Dantes Wolf wrote:
[quote=Dane El]


Its too much, not for me, but for every1 else, and yes i dare speak for em - problem is, in order to have something remotely ressembling "freetime" AKA doing stuff in the game that isnt ISK griding, you would need a much higher income then the game supports atm, no matter what you do - idea is grandofc, gotta give em that: "Let as many people as possible, use their real life money on plexes, so we (CCP) gets phat and the casual player can get isks for their pewpew."
All good an well, except that for the cusal player who has a work and lives out of the west 20 bucks on top the monthly fee is a ******* mountain of money.

Thats the first thing, secondly the time it takes to make money enough to buy and equip a standard HAC when in highsec is simply too ******* much - i agree, work b4 pleasure, no doubt - but grinding missions for 8 hours or more to afford a ship that lets u fly into danger and die in less then 10 minutes? its too much

Just to specify: a casual player has 8 hours a month online in EVE, giving him, ONE..? PVP experience a month?

The problem needs balancing.

D.


This is the carrot or the stick. You give CCP the carrot (your credit card) and they won't give you the stick (the grind). Otherwise, your only other option is to go out to null and grind out there to a lesser extent in order to fuel CCP's RMT operations. See, one way or the other CCP is going to make more money off of you than a sub fee.

I would usually suggest going to w-space where you can be free of the null alliances and lessen your grind time. But, honestly, we don't want more people coming out here. We're afraid CCP is going to nerf us since we're drawing null's RMT labor force away. So, go to null young man.

Don't ban me, bro!