These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Intaki counter-offensive successful

Author
Darc Kaahar
Space Men
#41 - 2012-03-11 19:41:13 UTC
The mighty Amarr 7th Fleet takes to the skies once more o7o7
Seriphyn Inhonores
Elusenian Cooperative
#42 - 2012-03-11 23:26:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Seriphyn Inhonores
It's amusing to think that a handful of just five thousand Intakis (out of billions) joining the Caldari Navy a couple of centuries ago in the first war means that the two peoples are natural allies.

Cute. Keep it up.
Istvaan Shogaatsu
Guiding Hand Social Club
#43 - 2012-03-12 01:00:16 UTC
Astera Zandraki wrote:
Desiderya wrote:

The difference in the first point is, especially from your point of view, probably extremely superficial and generally speaking rather unimportant. But for your peace of mind, I hereby apologize deeply for implying disdain of a provist leadership.

Doule dos Rouvenor III.

Ah, that name never fails to make me laugh. Especially when pronounced with a Gallentean accent.
Sakuma Ogunuchi
#44 - 2012-03-12 01:18:18 UTC
Seriphyn Inhonores wrote:
handful of just five thousand Intakis.

If you can hold five thousand Intaki in your hand it's no wonder the FDU turns to you for leadership.

Andreus Ixiris
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#45 - 2012-03-12 09:14:52 UTC
Sakuma Ogunuchi wrote:
If all members of the State Protectorate are Provists, and Duty. were in the State Protectorate, does that make you a Provist?

Don't worry. I forgive you for not understanding how linear time works.

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

Bataav
Intaki Liberation Front
Intaki Prosperity Initiative
#46 - 2012-03-12 13:10:18 UTC
Newton Gingrich wrote:
The Caldari know all too well the "benefits" of Gallentean rule. Despite the rhetoric of the culturally bankrupt FDU representative, the citizens of Intaki yearn for a new society. One governed by a uniquely Caldari ethos where hard work, patriotism and selflessness are the order of the day. Never forget this.

Just because there are those of us Intaki who wish for a seperation from the Federation do not be so arrogant as to assume this means we automatically wish to join the State.

The State today under Heth's regime is definately not one any of us would wish for Intaki.

What I don't understand is why the Caldari Militia fails to grasp that the State has its presence in the Intaki system ratified and accepted. The Assembly took the decision to sign it's contract with Ishukone. Whether the State reasserts itself and applies the conditions that allocated the system to Ishukone or the Federation maintains dominance is moot. Ishukone have replaced those Federation corporations that preceded it.

It's done.

Surely any continuation or escalation of violence in the system can only harm Ishukone's legal operation and therefore the State itself.

Or has Heth and his Provists polluted the minds of the militia to such an extent they are willing to cut off their own noses to spite their faces? Have they become so emotionally invested in their persecution of the liberal bloc they willingly obstruct their activities? If they have, their departure from those Caldari values of "hard work, patriotism and selflessness" have been superceded by personal politics and any claims to have the State's interests at heart cannot be taken seriously.

Bataav wrote:
What we're looking at here is militia pride. Bragging rights. Nothing more, nothing less.

Mekhana wrote:
Oh please

This goes way beyond bragging. This is restoring national pride.

As the monotonous innevitability of the pendulum's swing continues and today we find the Caldari Militia in the ascendant, I hold my view that it is indeed little more than bragging rights, regardless of whether the pride at stake is militia or national.

An earlier participant in the discussion seemed to understand this perfectly with a great deal of foresight...
Jon Engel wrote:
So maybe someday the Caldari State will actually win something next time they conquer Intaki?

So maybe someday the Gallente Federation will actually win something next time they liberate Intaki?

Only more of the same, Jon. Only more of the same.
Seriphyn Inhonores
Elusenian Cooperative
#47 - 2012-03-12 18:08:03 UTC
Unfortunately, the bulk of FDU forces are concentrated just over the Black Rise border, maintaining Federal occupational garrisons there. This has meant that State forces have been able to deploy far from the frontlines in the Intaki area, and have begun operations to conquer neighbouring systems. Currently, Brarel's naval pickets have been eradicated, and Agoze may follow. I feed this information to the IGS as little more than a mouthpiece.

Landing planetary forces in Brarel and Agoze seems unlikely, given how far the systems are from core Caldari territories. It is unlikely Ishukone will alienate the Intaki Assembly by assisting State military forces logistically. The same cannot be said for Oicx, which is currently under enemy control.

As an aside, I find myself in agreement with M Bataav en Gravonere. Pilots of the State Protectorate seem to demonstrate a poor understanding of politics and diplomacy, but this is hardly surprising. It is likely that Caldari pilots wish to assert central State control over Intaki at the expense of Ishukone, currently a pariah amongst the Big Eight. Regarding the Caldari's unreciprocated sympathy for the Intaki, I believe such citizens of the State fail to realize that the Intaki are attuned to a democratic form of government (I doubt a separate Intaki state will be anything but). A liberal populace will find no place under a corporate autocracy.
Stitcher
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#48 - 2012-03-13 16:58:11 UTC
I should make a "Federation for dummies" IGS essay thing.

generally, those things would be written by somebody more knowledgeable on the subject than the intended audience.

Still, full marks for coming up with such a creatively entertaining idea for a campaign of misinformation.

AKA Hambone

Author of The Deathworlders

Killer Gandry
The Concilium Enterprises
#49 - 2012-03-14 17:18:26 UTC
FDU capsuleer forces will respond and react with extreme prejudice, for the benefit of a safe and secure Intaki under the control of its democratically-elected government, and not a foreign occupying force.

So instead of a foreign occupying force you bring an Indigenous occupying force.

It's so easy to opress the few with many and then call it Democracy.
X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#50 - 2012-03-15 22:30:54 UTC
I warned you all that that terrorist ***** Yuri Intaki would someday return from exile and terrorize the Viriette Constellation again. We should have taken them out in Amarr space when we had the chance.

Never have so many whined so much and then done so little for so long than the permanent residents of Intaki. Live well under the occupation.

Freedom must sometimes be earned. Please contact us when you, the residents of the Viriette Constellation, decide to make a stand.
Deen Wispa
Sheriff.
Caldari Tactical Operations Command
#51 - 2012-03-16 16:01:47 UTC
The ILF should join the militia

High Five. Yeah! C'est La Eve .

Stitcher
Caldari State
#52 - 2012-03-16 16:13:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Stitcher
Deen Wispa wrote:
The ILF should join the militia

Wait... are you, in all seriousness, suggesting that an organisation whose very NAME declares its intention to liberate Intaki from anything other than Intaki control, should side with one of the two bigger factions who are using their home system as just another hex on the SecWars map?

AKA Hambone

Author of The Deathworlders

Stalking Mantis
Caldari State
#53 - 2012-03-16 20:16:04 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:

Never have so many whined so much and then done so little for so long than the permanent residents of Intaki. Live well under the occupation.

Freedom must sometimes be earned. Please contact us when you, the residents of the Viriette Constellation, decide to make a stand.

QFT. All they do is rat the belts, Run their PI instalations and otherwise do very little. Although the Amarr 7th Fleet was taken aback yesterday for about 20 minutes when an I-RED Assualt Frigate fleet came on the field to drive us away from operations in Vey.

OtherWise at it's 7th day the Amarr 7th Fleets Operations have resulted in the occupation of Intaki, Brarel, Agoze, Ananncale with Vey soon to follow. Carving out almost the whole constelation.

This is of course ushering in a new era of co operation between Amarr and Caldari forces that have been fighting side by side in both the Amarr and Caldari Fronts for the past 6 months to great results.

Results speak louder than any forum posts. So for those willing I would point you to the dotlan maps for oocupational information of the discussed systems.

-Regards

Amarr Liason Officer Extraordinare -->Check Out Amarrian Vengeance/Amarr FW History from 2011 to 2014 https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=352629&find=unread

Damar Rocarion
Nasranite Watch
#54 - 2012-03-17 11:06:17 UTC
As an aside, I find myself in agreement with M Bataav en Gravonere. Pilots of the State Protectorate seem to demonstrate a poor understanding of politics and diplomacy, but this is hardly surprising.

Funny. I do seem to recall people like Andreus making statements about conquering all of Black Rise and dragging the families of Caldari militia from their beds at dead of night. Clearly a grand example of silver tongued diplomacy.

Anyway, your side still controls more systems than us but we control more station systems (7 vs 4), so I quess books are more or less balanced at this stage.
Markius TheShed
T.R.I.A.D
Ushra'Khan
#55 - 2012-03-17 11:38:27 UTC
Stalking Mantis wrote:

This is of course ushering in a new era of co operation between Amarr and Caldari forces that have been fighting side by side in both the Amarr and Caldari Fronts for the past 6 months to great results.

-Regards

More like the reason your there is the Amarrs failure to hold on to systems for more than 24 hours before we take them back.

Don't worry there will be lots of Amarrian systems in our hands for you to try and retake by the time the Gallente kick you out of Placid.

**Murientor Tribe** a capsuleer organization composed of radical Minmatar. Since YC107

Katrina Oniseki
Oniseki-Raata Internal Watch
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#56 - 2012-03-17 11:39:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Katrina Oniseki
Stalking Mantis wrote:

Although the Amarr 7th Fleet was taken aback yesterday for about 20 minutes when an I-RED Assualt Frigate fleet came on the field to drive us away from operations in Vey.
-Regards

Rest assured this was nothing more than simple 'red-hunting'. There was no intention to deny you the complex, as evidenced by how we did not return to keep you out, and left after the attack.

We really don't care what you do with your militia war. We only cared that you as reds are made vulnerable by your distance from the nearest station or stargate. Easy targets for a small gang of bored pilots.

Katrina Oniseki

Dirk Smacker
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#57 - 2012-03-17 19:33:41 UTC

Pilots of the State Protectorate seem to demonstrate a poor understanding of politics and diplomacy...

I guess going into IGS threads and repeating the same stuff over and over, turning interesting topics into feces flinging contests represents the gold standard of diplomacy.

I guess once you have a signature, you cannot have a blank one.

X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#58 - 2012-03-18 19:09:57 UTC
Damar Rocarion wrote:

Funny. I do seem to recall people like Andreus making statements about conquering all of Black Rise ...
That is true. Poeple like Andreus make many statements.... Most of those people live in the Viriette Constellation.
Mammal Tafren
Intaki Liberation Front
Intaki Prosperity Initiative
#59 - 2012-03-18 22:14:05 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:
Damar Rocarion wrote:

Funny. I do seem to recall people like Andreus making statements about conquering all of Black Rise ...
That is true. Poeple like Andreus make many statements.... Most of those people live in the Viriette Constellation.

Funny, I can't recall any Viriette resident claiming that they were going to conquer all of Black Rise. That seems incongruous with the ideals of a group who simply wish to not be interfered with.

Also, claiming that the only people who 'make statements' or 'whine' as your previous post asserts are the native residents of Intaki is illogical and unhelpful to the situation. But you clearly have an axe to grind, don't let me stop you.
X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#60 - 2012-03-19 00:55:02 UTC
Mammal Tafren wrote:

Funny, I can't recall any Viriette resident claiming that they were going to conquer all of Black Rise. That seems incongruous with the ideals of a group who simply wish to not be interfered with.

Also, claiming that the only people who 'make statements' or 'whine' as your previous post asserts are the native residents of Intaki is illogical and unhelpful to the situation. But you clearly have an axe to grind, don't let me stop you.

Agreed, residents of the Viriette Constellation may not be the *only* people that 'whine'.
Previous page123