These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP thinks its funny: Add your two cents to this thread

First post
Author
Sasha Azala
Doomheim
#21 - 2012-02-21 14:25:45 UTC
If you resort to threats about leaving when you're trying to put an argument across, then you've already lost.

Unless of course you have a lot of financial clout, but I doubt you do.
Valei Khurelem
#22 - 2012-02-21 14:29:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Valei Khurelem
I don't see anyone making threats, just explaining what would make them unsubscribe, for instance, keeping the nex store up and generally dicking the player base about with not going in any particular direction is making me want to let my subscription run out.

If you think that kind of thing is a threat you're either a very paranoid or timid person.

"don't get us wrong, we don't want to screw new players, on the contrary. The core problem here is that tech 1 frigates and cruisers should be appealing enough to be viable platforms in both PvE and PvP."   - CCP Ytterbium

Jint Hikaru
OffWorld Exploration Inc
#23 - 2012-02-21 14:31:28 UTC
Small tip.... nobody cares if you leave... Not me... Not the other forum readers... and probably not CCP.

Especially after ranting on the forums like a 7 year old who's parents have taken away his pocket money!

Jint Hikaru - Miner / Salvager / Explorer / SpaceBum In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Sasha Azala
Doomheim
#24 - 2012-02-21 14:33:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Sasha Azala
Valei Khurelem wrote:
I don't see anyone making threats, just explaining what would make them unsubscribe, for instance, keeping the nex store up and generally dicking the player base about with not going in any particular direction is making me want to let my subscription run out.

If you think that kind of thing is a threat you're either a very paranoid or timid person.

So what's this then?

Mcpate wrote:
3) This is the only warning you will receive ...my sub is up in march

Edit: A threat to leave not a threat of physical harm.

Either way, you should not use them if you're trying to argue a point.
Makenshi Drakonnen
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2012-02-21 14:36:09 UTC
Mcpate wrote:
read the latest patch notes
http://community.eveonline.com/updates/patchnotes.asp

Its like your kid brother jacked your car, Foked it up and now thinks its a big F-N joke once he gets it sorted.

CCP:
1) its NOT ok that you break sheet every time you 'improve' something
2) the 'Players' are actually PAYING CUSTOMERS You need us...we dont need you

Just unsub now and save us from having to read your inane whines over nothing.
Sasha Azala
Doomheim
#26 - 2012-02-21 14:40:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Sasha Azala
Destru Kaneda
Arzad Police Department
#27 - 2012-02-21 14:45:54 UTC
Steve Celeste
Doomheim
#28 - 2012-02-21 14:46:28 UTC
Let the door hit you on the way out OP.

Real hard.

In the face.

(ingame)
Meryl SinGarda
Belligerent Underpaid Tactical Team
#29 - 2012-02-21 14:47:06 UTC
I thought we did away with people like this when the "droves" left the game over Incarna? I am disappoint.
Dbars Grinding
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#30 - 2012-02-21 15:15:25 UTC
Mcpate wrote:

Its like your kid brother jacked your car, Foked it up and now thinks its a big F-N joke once he gets it sorted.

CCP:

Odd my sub ends once a month too. Maybe we can be friends and talk about it.

I have more space likes than you. 

Mcpate
THE EXTORTIONISTS
#31 - 2012-02-21 15:23:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Mcpate
Seems there are some angry, defensive posters here. A sense of humor is a good, desirable even, but it is a poor substitute for getting it right . Yes I'm sure it is too complicated and complex for me to understand...just not drinking the Kool-Aid.

I never did give anybody hell. I just told the truth and they thought it was hell. Harry S. Truman

Pak Narhoo
Splinter Foundation
#32 - 2012-02-21 15:34:36 UTC
Mcpate wrote:
Seems there are some angry, defensive posters here. A sense of humor is a good, desirable even, but it is a poor substitute for getting it right . Yes I'm sure the its to complicated and complex for me to understand...just not drinking the Kool-Aid.

Look up Self-Mockery.
Ocih
Space Mermaids
Somethin Awfull Forums
#33 - 2012-02-21 16:11:17 UTC
This thread needs some tinfoil.

It's veiled apathy. They found out the company is bankrupt and are laughing at thier misery.

Punkturis found edit clips of Mintchip in a future promo folder, felt betrayed and leaked a Vid of Hilmar at an Office party with 24 women from Holland and a mechanical Bull. Hilmar had last laught though because he put a fine print paragraph in his contract saying that if CCP let him go early for any reason they had to pay him the value of Greek debt in close out costs. Both Hilmar and Punkturis were last seen in mansions in New Zealand and rumor is they will be opening an EVE 2 there, after this one closes down in a project called 'Summer expansion'. The new EVE2 will feature the girls from Sucker Punch all flying Amarrian versions of the Mech seen in the movie.
MadMuppet
Critical Mass Inc
#34 - 2012-02-21 16:19:46 UTC
I'd read the patch notes more often if they were to be like this. Hell, I'd start going to SiSi and bug testing if they kept it up. I think it is funny and I come here to have fun.

This message brought to you by Experience(tm). When common sense fails you, experience will come to the rescue. Experience(tm) from the makers of CONCORD.

"If you are part of the problem, you will be nerfed." -MadMuppet

oldbutfeelingyoung
Perkone
Caldari State
#35 - 2012-02-21 18:01:22 UTC
a day without a laugh is a lost day forever.

glad that CCP is trying to save my day with a joke even in serious documents regarding patches

R.S.I2014

War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#36 - 2012-02-21 18:05:31 UTC
Mcpate wrote:

CCP:

Awww somebody needs a hug...

...where's Xenuria?

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

Plus 1
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#37 - 2012-02-21 18:07:45 UTC
How did you last this long if this is all it takes for you to unsub?
Kahz Niverrah
Distinguished Johnsons
#38 - 2012-02-21 18:08:08 UTC
OP seriously needs to get laid.

I don't always post on the forums, but when I do, I post with my main.

Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#39 - 2012-02-21 18:11:50 UTC
Applicable to the OP:

Linky

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Pyx Jasta
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#40 - 2012-02-21 18:14:56 UTC
CCP must be doing something right if the entitlement rage topic of the day is the patch notes having a sense of humour.