These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

EVE Online: Crucible 1.2 Issues

First post
Author
Vhelnik Cojoin
Pandemic Horde High Sec Division
#61 - 2012-02-16 16:59:31 UTC
The new ellipsis policy in the overview causes problems for individuals with low screen resolution. (Yes, we do exist still.) I had to either delete a column or widen the overview, just to get the names back on the gates. First option isn't always viable, of course, and the second causes even more cramped conditions on my already cramped screen real estate.

Additionally, this problem exaggerates the overview-lock-on-mouseover bug, as we the resolution challenged individuals are very likely to accidentally be mousing over the overview. In turn this causes problems every time something unexpected happens nearby, like someone de-cloaking, or enemy reinforcements arriving. (I assume this is a bug, as I really don't wish to contemplate this change was done on purpose...)

Have you Communicated with your fellow capsuleers today? It is good for the EvE-oconomy and o-kay for you.

Hamster Too
Golden Fowl
#62 - 2012-02-16 17:02:52 UTC
Two things:


  1. Overview mouseover lock: while it sounds like a good idea, in practice it is a step back in UI usability. The only time it is remotely useful is when you want to lock someone while sitting at a busy gate and can't be bothered to press CTRL. Could we, please, get an ability to toggle it?

  2. The new red-boxing overview animation is horrible. This orange-ish tinge forces me to spend much more time looking at the overview to determine whether I am merely targeted or being fired upon. Please give us back the old redbox, it is so much easier to see. If you doubt me compare the new overview redbox to the old style redbox still present in space bracket.


Temba Ronin
#63 - 2012-02-16 17:11:30 UTC
I have been an EVE player for almost a year now, seen the terrible introduction of the CQ, (which i like) and the frequent crashes and slowing of game play it caused..... however today's patch is the WORST EVER!

I have had repeated system freeze up, and crashes. I operate all of my paid accounts on a Mac because EVE is incompatible with my 64 bit XP pc systems.

As the current situation is, I am unable to play EVE at all.

God forbid i get into a combat situation and things freeze, CCP won't replace lost ships. So i am effectively station bound until you fix this fiasco.

Do you actually pay programmers to roll out these complete failures? If this is not fixed today I would expect you to credit my accounts for days lost that I am unable to play the game.

Even chatting freezes, i have to use the return button or the enter button, in the past both worked, now one freezes and then the other works until crash.

A new low for Mac users CCP

The Best Ship In EVE Online Is "Friendship", Power To The Players!

Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
SLYCE Pirates
#64 - 2012-02-16 17:20:44 UTC
Temba Ronin wrote:
I have been an EVE player for almost a year now, seen the terrible introduction of the CQ, (which i like) and the frequent crashes and slowing of game play it caused..... however today's patch is the WORST EVER!

I have had repeated system freeze up, and crashes. I operate all of my paid accounts on a Mac because EVE is incompatible with my 64 bit XP pc systems.

As the current situation is, I am unable to play EVE at all.

God forbid i get into a combat situation and things freeze, CCP won't replace lost ships. So i am effectively station bound until you fix this fiasco.

Do you actually pay programmers to roll out these complete failures? If this is not fixed today I would expect you to credit my accounts for days lost that I am unable to play the game.

Even chatting freezes, i have to use the return button or the enter button, in the past both worked, now one freezes and then the other works until crash.

A new low for Mac users CCP

There is a Mac thread specificly for your use for this reason. Also Sisi is there for this reason if you are already haveing issues and not checking to see if they are getting fixed on a incoming build, there is no excuse.

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Helothane
Ascendent.
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#65 - 2012-02-16 17:36:49 UTC
The locking of the overview also happens if you are playing in windowed mode, and you move the mouse off the EVE window, which I often do while on long warps or fighting rats. I have the overview sorted by distance, but new objects on grid appear at the bottom of the list, where the most distant objects are.
Angry Glasses
Pro Productions
#66 - 2012-02-16 17:50:23 UTC
a character transfer to me that was initiated last night seems to have failed (or never taken place). could this be related to the patch?
Iton Shebb
Non-aligned Organizational Membership Society
#67 - 2012-02-16 17:55:34 UTC
Temba Ronin wrote:

...
I have had repeated system freeze up, and crashes.
...
A new low for Mac users CCP


I'm running a MAC client as well (which this thread is for, per the dev who started it) and it's been freezing up like Temba since I updated. The freezes seem random - sometimes when I'm warping, sometimes when I undock, sometimes when I'm afk.

Sorry I can't provide more info on what's triggering the freeze but like Temba said, the game is basically unplayable.

Thanks for looking into this, CCP!
Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
SLYCE Pirates
#68 - 2012-02-16 17:59:42 UTC
Iton Shebb wrote:
Temba Ronin wrote:

...
I have had repeated system freeze up, and crashes.
...
A new low for Mac users CCP


I'm running a MAC client as well (which this thread is for, per the dev who started it) and it's been freezing up like Temba since I updated. The freezes seem random - sometimes when I'm warping, sometimes when I undock, sometimes when I'm afk.

Sorry I can't provide more info on what's triggering the freeze but like Temba said, the game is basically unplayable.

Thanks for looking into this, CCP!


In the mac section is a mac specific feed back thread.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=813426#post813426

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Iton Shebb
Non-aligned Organizational Membership Society
#69 - 2012-02-16 18:04:19 UTC
Salpun wrote:
Iton Shebb wrote:
Temba Ronin wrote:

...
I have had repeated system freeze up, and crashes.
...
A new low for Mac users CCP


I'm running a MAC client as well (which this thread is for, per the dev who started it) and it's been freezing up like Temba since I updated. The freezes seem random - sometimes when I'm warping, sometimes when I undock, sometimes when I'm afk.

Sorry I can't provide more info on what's triggering the freeze but like Temba said, the game is basically unplayable.

Thanks for looking into this, CCP!


In the mac section is a mac specific feed back thread.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=813426#post813426



Thanks Salpun, but as Phantom said (emphasis mine):

CCP Phantom wrote:
EVE Online: Crucible 1.2 has been deployed successfully. This update introduces considerable performance improvements to the overview, text rendering and window management as well as fixes for the UI and the Mac client. The full patch notes are available here.

When reporting issues, please specify which client you are using (Mac or PC). This thread is for reporting issues only; for general feedback please use the Crucible 1.2 feedback thread here.


I know it pains some people to know that EVE can be played on a MAC, but CCP specifically asked for our feedback here.
Forsaken Skipper
OEG
Goonswarm Federation
#70 - 2012-02-16 18:06:18 UTC
There is an issue with fonts in the contracts window. Just look at the picture below:

http://s1.hostingkartinok.com/uploads/images/2012/02/9673dcbc090b5b3e01d45772f092032c.jpg
Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
SLYCE Pirates
#71 - 2012-02-16 18:07:30 UTC
Forsaken Skipper wrote:
There is an issue with fonts in the contracts window. Just look at the picture below:

http://s1.hostingkartinok.com/uploads/images/2012/02/9673dcbc090b5b3e01d45772f092032c.jpg

know issue

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Bearcastle
Bionesis Technologies
#72 - 2012-02-16 18:08:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Bearcastle
I use 2 clients, the second one have no more UI speech.
Hurricane Eriksen
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#73 - 2012-02-16 18:09:27 UTC
In the career quests, one agent gave me a blueprint. After the patch it vanished and now I cannot complete the quest.
Blue Harrier
#74 - 2012-02-16 18:21:57 UTC
before you ask Salpun, no I have not reported it as abug because I'm asking if anyone else has the problem.

My local chat channel and the overview have all lost the small colour tags, is this a known problem and is anyone else having the same problem?

"You wait - time passes, Thorin sits down and starts singing about gold." from The Hobbit on ZX Spectrum 1982.

Porkita Caravan
Caravan of EVE
#75 - 2012-02-16 18:22:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Porkita Caravan
CCP Veritas wrote:
Viceran Phaedra wrote:
Some kind of crazy bug is wreaking havoc with the 'Bulletins' tab of the Corp screen. All the entries are smashed up together and the text overlaps.

There now also seems to be a limit on how thin you can make the columns in your targeting overview. Don't know if this was intentional or not.

All I've noticed so far.

I'm currently working on the corp bulletins. Appears to be happening very frequently but not *all* the time.

Could you post a screenshot of what you mean in regards to the overview columns, just so I can be sure what you're describing?


Linebreaks are not shown neither in CORP BULLETIN nor in MOTD in private channels, like ours.

The Edit and Delete buttons are not accessible in the corp bulletin.

Addition: "Edit" and "Delete" was appearing on top, right to the title, when there was ONLY ONE message in the bulleting. Adding another, fixed locations and accessibility of buttons.

I think it is bugged. :P

Addition 2: Adding a space in the empty line, fixes the missing linebreaks... but a linebreak should cause a linebreak even on an empty line without additional text, as it was previously.
sinuswave
Corncord
#76 - 2012-02-16 18:22:42 UTC  |  Edited by: sinuswave
Warp to member in fleet is not pressen't in a chat window until you have reloaded the gui by docking and undocking. Making it very hard to warp a fleet into a mission room.
SanRan Mei
OMH Interstellar Inc
#77 - 2012-02-16 18:26:21 UTC
I am seeing a significant issue with the Mac client on Mac OS X 10.7.3.

Whenever I attempt to logout of the client, I am told, "Requires 32bit video" (approximation of the message). But 32bit video is the standard on Mac OS X and there is no way to set it lower :-)

In addition, if I quit the client or force it to quit, my display is left in an indeterminate state. A refresh cleans everything up, but things are still messed up.

SanRan Mei
Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
SLYCE Pirates
#78 - 2012-02-16 18:27:16 UTC
Blue Harrier wrote:
before you ask Salpun, no I have not reported it as abug because I'm asking if anyone else has the problem.

My local chat channel and the overview have all lost the small colour tags, is this a known problem and is anyone else having the same problem?


The fleet i am in at the moment is showing them. NP on the bug reportBlink Would do a reset of the client settings before is send one.

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
SLYCE Pirates
#79 - 2012-02-16 18:29:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Salpun
SanRan Mei wrote:
I am seeing a significant issue with the Mac client on Mac OS X 10.7.3.

Whenever I attempt to logout of the client, I am told, "Requires 32bit video" (approximation of the message). But 32bit video is the standard on Mac OS X and there is no way to set it lower :-)

In addition, if I quit the client or force it to quit, my display is left in an indeterminate state. A refresh cleans everything up, but things are still messed up.

SanRan Mei

Please repost on the mac issue thread . Some of the guys posting over there might be able to help you out.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=813426#post813426

Lol Thanks for the likeLol

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Thyralon G'zer
Explorers of the Cosmic Circle
#80 - 2012-02-16 19:07:26 UTC
The bug that crahses the video drivers on Intel graphic cards is an old one. It seems to come and go.
Before this patch it was actually very good - only to reverse entrely after the patch.

>>>> Please please revert this to the pre-patch behavior!! <<<<<


It crashes on EVERY undock and on EVERY jump.

Secondly, as been reported by some others, I see issues with the overview as it seems to be delayed.
1) New rats coming in, they stay at end of overview for 2-5 sec before they get sorted properly.
2) Killed rats vanish slowly and delayed from the overview.
3) Column sizes seem to have changed slightly from previous version, requiring me to resize all of them

In total, the game is not as fluent as it used to be. It feels like space is bucking more. (if I would have a guess it looks like a debug version of a dll. P)


Not much fun so far.