These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

EVE Online: Crucible 1.2 Issues

First post
Author
CCP Veritas
C C P
C C P Alliance
#41 - 2012-02-16 14:24:21 UTC
Iam Widdershins wrote:
CCP Veritas wrote:
Could you post a screenshot of what you mean in regards to the overview columns, just so I can be sure what you're describing?

Yessir, here you go.

Unnecessary obstruction of information, often unavoidable. PLZ 2 FIXEN THESES PROBLEMS THANK YOU GENERAL

I was talking about the part where he said:

Viceran Phaedra wrote:
There now also seems to be a limit on how thin you can make the columns in your targeting overview. Don't know if this was intentional or not.

CCP Veritas - Technical Director - EVE Online

Frenzerelly
Project-Phoenix
#42 - 2012-02-16 14:39:49 UTC
The game became pretty much unplayable on this computer. I even downloaded the latest version for the video driver (from Dell's web-site) to no avail. The video driver resets almost every time I jump through a gate or un/dock (screen turns black for 2-3 sec). Now the screen flickers and creates all kinds of strange images. The "local" screen disappears at times and becomes completely unreadable.
The text anywhere on the screen keeps flickering with almost anything I do.

For me this "upgrade" is a major setback and pretty much renders the game unplayable for me.

Computer I use:
Dell E6410
OS - Win7 64
Video - Intel HD Graphics (8.15.10.2418)

Please advise, I am at my wits end. Sad
Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
SLYCE Pirates
#43 - 2012-02-16 14:41:27 UTC
Frenzerelly wrote:
The game became pretty much unplayable on this computer. I even downloaded the latest version for the video driver (from Dell's web-site) to no avail. The video driver resets almost every time I jump through a gate or un/dock (screen turns black for 2-3 sec). Now the screen flickers and creates all kinds of strange images. The "local" screen disappears at times and becomes completely unreadable.
The text anywhere on the screen keeps flickering with almost anything I do.

For me this "upgrade" is a major setback and pretty much renders the game unplayable for me.

Computer I use:
Dell E6410
OS - Win7 64
Video - Intel HD Graphics (8.15.10.2418)

Please advise, I am at my wits end. Sad

Have you reset the setting using the esc menu?

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Frenzerelly
Project-Phoenix
#44 - 2012-02-16 14:48:08 UTC
Salpun wrote:
Frenzerelly wrote:
The game became pretty much unplayable on this computer. I even downloaded the latest version for the video driver (from Dell's web-site) to no avail. The video driver resets almost every time I jump through a gate or un/dock (screen turns black for 2-3 sec). Now the screen flickers and creates all kinds of strange images. The "local" screen disappears at times and becomes completely unreadable.
The text anywhere on the screen keeps flickering with almost anything I do.

For me this "upgrade" is a major setback and pretty much renders the game unplayable for me.

Computer I use:
Dell E6410
OS - Win7 64
Video - Intel HD Graphics (8.15.10.2418)

Please advise, I am at my wits end. Sad

Have you reset the setting using the esc menu?


Yes, not that it means anything, but it is all at default settings. Thanks for the input, any help is greatly appreciated. I always seen issues with EVE on any computer with Intel Video chipsets. But this time it really became so bad that the game practically becomes unplayable. The is no other game what is causing issues with the video. I just see a "bad" relation between EVE and Intel video cards/drivers.
Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
SLYCE Pirates
#45 - 2012-02-16 14:52:15 UTC
Frenzerelly wrote:
Salpun wrote:
Frenzerelly wrote:
The game became pretty much unplayable on this computer. I even downloaded the latest version for the video driver (from Dell's web-site) to no avail. The video driver resets almost every time I jump through a gate or un/dock (screen turns black for 2-3 sec). Now the screen flickers and creates all kinds of strange images. The "local" screen disappears at times and becomes completely unreadable.
The text anywhere on the screen keeps flickering with almost anything I do.

For me this "upgrade" is a major setback and pretty much renders the game unplayable for me.

Computer I use:
Dell E6410
OS - Win7 64
Video - Intel HD Graphics (8.15.10.2418)

Please advise, I am at my wits end. Sad

Have you reset the setting using the esc menu?


Yes, not that it means anything, but it is all at default settings. Thanks for the input, any help is greatly appreciated. I always seen issues with EVE on any computer with Intel Video chipsets. But this time it really became so bad that the game practically becomes unplayable. The is no other game what is causing issues with the video. I just see a "bad" relation between EVE and Intel video cards/drivers.


NP if you can get a screen shot when it messes up and post it or do a bug report and take one using the in game tool adress it the Mr V and post the Bug report here in the forums. This will give CCP full info for there bug hunting.

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Aileen Saya
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#46 - 2012-02-16 14:57:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Aileen Saya
Salpun wrote:
Aileen Saya wrote:
I encouter some problems with the overview window.

When I switch between the tabs in the overview window, it sometimes happens that the new tab doesn't display what it's supposed to display (most of the times nothing at all).

1. Everything is fine
2. Switch overview tab
3. New tab displays old entries, but greyed out.
4. After a few seconds, the greyed out entries disappear.
5. List contains by far not all entries, sometimes it's even empty

If you wait long enough, it sometimes fixes itself. It is sometimes also fixed by jumping to another location.

computer stats?
Reset the UI settings in the Esc menu?

It happens only very occasionally.
Computer:
Win7 x64
2x 2GHz "Athlon 64 X2 3600+"
6 GB Ram
Radeon X1900XT
enough space on my HDD

Resetting and repairing didn't change anything.
Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
SLYCE Pirates
#47 - 2012-02-16 15:01:57 UTC
Aileen Saya wrote:
Salpun wrote:
Aileen Saya wrote:
I encouter some problems with the overview window.

When I switch between the tabs in the overview window, it sometimes happens that the new tab doesn't display what it's supposed to display (most of the times nothing at all).

1. Everything is fine
2. Switch overview tab
3. New tab displays old entries, but greyed out.
4. After a few seconds, the greyed out entries disappear.
5. List contains by far not all entries, sometimes it's even empty

If you wait long enough, it sometimes fixes itself. It is sometimes also fixed by jumping to another location.

computer stats?
Reset the UI settings in the Esc menu?

It happens only very occasionally.
Computer:
Win7 x64
2x 2GHz "Athlon 64 X2 3600+"
6 GB Ram
Radeon X1900XT
enough space on my HDD

Resetting and repairing didn't change anything.

A bug report and picture taken when this is happening will help CCP rule out a server/link issue. And pinpoint the info that is causing the issue.

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Catho Sharn
Don't Die Interstellar Enterprises
#48 - 2012-02-16 15:04:34 UTC
Salpun wrote:
Catho Sharn wrote:
Possible issue with overview. I'm not sure if this is actual or just me on crack.

The ellipses (...) in the velocity (all) and distance columns are either new or taking up a lot more space. I'm having to reset these columns to wider widths to see useful information. I don't remember them being part of these columns before and honestly they provide no useful information. If the column is incomplete the unit info is missing and it's obvious there's more data than can be displayed.

I do not see it like that. Post a bug report with pictures for Mr V above and then reset your UI settings see if you got the same issue.


Image: http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t490/mthomas768/overview_issue.png

In that image the Velocity column is about what I used to use based on the heading text. The Radial and Transversal columns are wider and still clip useful information.
Vengar
Final Dimension
#49 - 2012-02-16 15:06:02 UTC
PC version, windows 7 64 bit. when eve shortcut is launched game instantly crashes

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: ExeFile.exe
Application Version: 7.21.33.8411
Application Timestamp: 4f2ad89b
Fault Module Name: blue.dll
Fault Module Version: 7.21.34.723
Fault Module Timestamp: 4f392939
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00031852
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
CCP Habakuk
C C P
C C P Alliance
#50 - 2012-02-16 15:21:04 UTC
Vengar wrote:
PC version, windows 7 64 bit. when eve shortcut is launched game instantly crashes

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: ExeFile.exe
Application Version: 7.21.33.8411
Application Timestamp: 4f2ad89b
Fault Module Name: blue.dll
Fault Module Version: 7.21.34.723
Fault Module Timestamp: 4f392939
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00031852
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789


Have you tried to run repair.exe? If this does not help: please write a bugreport and include the crash-dump (if you can find one). More information for writing a bugreport can be found at http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Bug_reporting.

CCP Habakuk | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Five 0 | (Team Gridlock)

Bug reporting | Mass Testing

Vjorn Angannon
Lead Farmers
#51 - 2012-02-16 15:23:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Vjorn Angannon
First off......I'm loving what ya'll did with the client improvements in Cruc 1.2!!!!

With that said, I have noticed that when a player switches ships in space at a POS, the overview is not reflecting that change.

For example, in this screenshot, Transmission 116 logged in, in a prowler, when he landed in POS, he switched to his tempest. But the overview did not update that change (tho it does show if you mouse over the tempest, or do a show info).

Win 7
i5 2500
8gb Ram
GTX 460 (2gb)
All updates applied

Addendum: When he warped off grid and back to POS, as well as myself, the overview was correct.

Addendum 2: could someone please show me where the OOG bug report is Oops I can't seem to find it.

Edit: hehehe CCP H seemed to have read my mind as I was typing....
Iam Widdershins
Victory or Whatever
#52 - 2012-02-16 15:30:32 UTC
CCP Veritas wrote:
Iam Widdershins wrote:
CCP Veritas wrote:
Could you post a screenshot of what you mean in regards to the overview columns, just so I can be sure what you're describing?

Yessir, here you go.

Unnecessary obstruction of information, often unavoidable. PLZ 2 FIXEN THESES PROBLEMS THANK YOU GENERAL

I was talking about the part where he said:

Viceran Phaedra wrote:
There now also seems to be a limit on how thin you can make the columns in your targeting overview. Don't know if this was intentional or not.

In the screenshot I linked, Tag and Militia are as small as they can get. This is perhaps twice the size that you could make them before; if they were reverted to the old minimum width, wherein only one character in the column would show, that'd be awesome.

Lobbying for your right to delete your signature

Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#53 - 2012-02-16 15:49:39 UTC
I am frankly quite sick of having my (perfectly reasonable and within the bounds of the forum TOS) comment threads about patches closed for no reason other than to keep the forums 'tidy' and make things easier for CCP staff.

Thanks a lot for forcing us to post here, where it will be subsumed underneath a million other issues, and where discussion about the varying issues invariably get lost! Almost makes me wonder why we continue to act as CCP's unpaid QA department...

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

Ricarda Esubria
Doomheim
#54 - 2012-02-16 15:59:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Ricarda Esubria
Please look up the "decimal separator troubles" reports from the 1.1 issues thread - for once, people that don't use the US notation system in their local PC settings ("period" as factions of ISK separator) are forced to use a system which is not in-line with what the language of the mosty-used client is.... and

b) they can't copy+paste numbers like "1,02 ISK" into market order windows any longer, those numbers appear to be considered improper content for this window. Probably because the copy+paste routine is still checking for "period" characters there? I don't know, but I would prefer getting the functionality back. Preferredly even together with a "use the US decimal separator" as an option.
Grey Stormshadow
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#55 - 2012-02-16 16:06:29 UTC
Ricarda Esubria wrote:
Please look up the "decimal separator troubles" reports from the 1.1 issues thread - for once, people that don't use the US notation system ("period" as factions of ISK separator) are forced to use a system which is not in-line with what the language of the mosty-used client is.... and

b) they can't copy+paste numbers like "1,02 ISK" into market order windows any longer, those numbers appear to be considered improper content for this window. Probably because the copy+paste routine is still checking for "period" characters there? I don't know, but I would prefer getting the functionality back. Preferredly even together with a "use the US decimal separator" as an option.

Yep... actually my comma key in numpad started working during the 1.1 patch and I'm happy about that. I've heard some people say that "." and "," should work fine as long computers operating system has localization settings correctly configured. I can only confirm that this works fine for me.

However as above poster said, the copy paste functionality has stopped working and that is rather annoying. I did use that in isk query boxes quite a lot. Would be nice have it fixed.

Get classic forum style - custom videos to captains quarters screen

Play with the best - die like the rest

Melina Lin
Universal Frog
#56 - 2012-02-16 16:07:24 UTC
Bumblefck wrote:
I am frankly quite sick of having my (perfectly reasonable and within the bounds of the forum TOS) comment threads about patches closed for no reason other than to keep the forums 'tidy' and make things easier for CCP staff.


Roll You are complaining to people who used something about "zombie kittens" as thread title, then used that thread as feedback anchor for mutiple changes to the game. Common sense isn't exactly their strong point.
Jack Tronic
borkedLabs
#57 - 2012-02-16 16:07:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Jack Tronic
CCP Veritas wrote:
Viceran Phaedra wrote:
Some kind of crazy bug is wreaking havoc with the 'Bulletins' tab of the Corp screen. All the entries are smashed up together and the text overlaps.

There now also seems to be a limit on how thin you can make the columns in your targeting overview. Don't know if this was intentional or not.

All I've noticed so far.

I'm currently working on the corp bulletins. Appears to be happening very frequently but not *all* the time.

Could you post a screenshot of what you mean in regards to the overview columns, just so I can be sure what you're describing?


That is an ancient corp bulletin bug that has been around since forever. It occurs due to the width of the window being too small(to fit any big lines of text) after opening/reopening the corporation window and going to the bulletins. Stretching the corp window out will usually cause it to fix itself.

There's also an ancient formatting issue with the corp bulletins where the formatting in one bulletin can "break" and make everything else go stupid like all the edit/delete links for the following bulletins no longer working. (Editing the broken bulletin usually fixes it)
Daneel Trevize
Give my 11percent back
#58 - 2012-02-16 16:12:44 UTC
Some feedback from us hated high-sec incursion blitzers:

Swapping ammo crystals and tracking computer scripts is wonky. It's tripping over itself about guns being full or 0 space left and 0.01 needed for the module that it's actually already just swapped things for correctly. IDK if this is a server-side dogma thing, or something in the client's now doing a second/out-of-order space check but many fleetmates reported the same thing.

Also as already stated, the locking speed animation in the overview seems slower. And more instances of faded items that have left the grid but aren't yet removed from overview.

Lastly, could there be an option for a small intended delay for resorting the overview, because when you're moused over and a new set of things is added, they go to the bottom, and if you move slightly off of the overview while heading down that way, they jump to the top typically.

Really what would be best is an option to have the overview populated from the bottom up. This is different to just changing your sort order, as it means you can resize the overview down and the entries will be aligned down with it, rather than simply growing space and forcing you to move up to the top of the screen for the nearest targets, or to a dynamic position if you sort by distance so the neastest is at the bottom of the list but the list count varies.
Superpongo
Masterminds Industries
#59 - 2012-02-16 16:27:17 UTC
The issue that prevented dividends from being paid out to corporation members and that you have written would be resolved in the patch Crucible 1.1.2 will still exist.



Lago Mabebu
ORE Corp.
#60 - 2012-02-16 16:37:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Lago Mabebu
Frenzerelly wrote:
The game became pretty much unplayable on this computer. I even downloaded the latest version for the video driver (from Dell's web-site) to no avail. The video driver resets almost every time I jump through a gate or un/dock (screen turns black for 2-3 sec). Now the screen flickers and creates all kinds of strange images. The "local" screen disappears at times and becomes completely unreadable.
The text anywhere on the screen keeps flickering with almost anything I do.

For me this "upgrade" is a major setback and pretty much renders the game unplayable for me.

Computer I use:
Dell E6410
OS - Win7 64
Video - Intel HD Graphics (8.15.10.2418)

Please advise, I am at my wits end. Sad

have the same problem

http://shot.qip.ru/005kMj-202MWIT/
http://shot.qip.ru/005kMj-102MWIV/



ADD: thorough cleaning of the game - helped