These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Thought's on general progression and weapons

Author
Kata Amentis
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#61 - 2012-02-18 02:43:05 UTC
Lol

Curiosity killed the Kata... ... but being immortal he wasn't too worried about keeping a count.

Niko Lorenzio
United Eve Directorate
#62 - 2012-02-19 23:14:22 UTC
Good choice on lasers. Dont start a new account. Makes no sense. Train for a nightmare.

The CSM XI Election are now open until March 25th, 2016. Consider Niko Lorenzio for CSM XI.

CSM matters, your voice matters, your vote matters!

Alaric Faelen
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#63 - 2012-02-22 23:15:59 UTC
some good replies, some not so much. My 2 isk worth.....

The trend has been long range, high alpha strike combat. Thus the gap between missiles and guns for PvP is widened even further. I'm primarily a missile user myself and find that the more serious I get into PvP, the more I rely on guns.

I also like lasers for no greater reason than they make pretty light shows (it's just more stereotypically sci-fi for me) although again, I would actually lean toward projectile guns because they seem to be more versatile. By that I mean for example that people often fit projectile guns to non-bonused ships while rarely are lasers used on anything but Amarr laser boats. The Punisher for example is often autocannon fit, but you'll be hard pressed to find a laser fit Rifter (for instance)

IMO, projectile guns may not always have the sheer stats on their side, but are a 'go to' weapon system. Other types tend to be restricted to bonused ships.
Vladimir Smugdog
#64 - 2012-02-23 03:36:30 UTC
Alaric Faelen wrote:
some good replies, some not so much. My 2 isk worth.....

The trend has been long range, high alpha strike combat. Thus the gap between missiles and guns for PvP is widened even further. I'm primarily a missile user myself and find that the more serious I get into PvP, the more I rely on guns.

I also like lasers for no greater reason than they make pretty light shows (it's just more stereotypically sci-fi for me) although again, I would actually lean toward projectile guns because they seem to be more versatile. By that I mean for example that people often fit projectile guns to non-bonused ships while rarely are lasers used on anything but Amarr laser boats. The Punisher for example is often autocannon fit, but you'll be hard pressed to find a laser fit Rifter (for instance)

IMO, projectile guns may not always have the sheer stats on their side, but are a 'go to' weapon system. Other types tend to be restricted to bonused ships.

Agreed.

Niko Lorenzio wrote:
Good choice on lasers. Dont start a new account. Makes no sense. Train for a nightmare.

Probably the most asinine thing I have read suggested to a newbie in ages. Making a beeline for a faction bs is a fool's errand.