These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Vote for an independent, non-block aligned candidate - Mu'ad Diib for the CSM

First post
Author
Mu'ad Diib
Nul-Bridge Industrial Technologies
#61 - 2012-02-20 04:37:11 UTC

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. When I die, all those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Mu'ad Diib
#62 - 2012-02-20 16:06:27 UTC

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. When I die, all those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Mu'ad Diib
#63 - 2012-02-20 23:59:41 UTC

Mu'ad Diib
#64 - 2012-02-21 08:30:53 UTC

Mu'ad Diib
#65 - 2012-02-21 13:07:58 UTC

Mu'ad Diib
#66 - 2012-02-21 18:10:09 UTC

Mu'ad Diib
#67 - 2012-02-21 23:05:46 UTC

Mu'ad Diib
#68 - 2012-02-22 03:39:58 UTC

Mu'ad Diib
#69 - 2012-02-22 08:03:26 UTC

Mu'ad Diib
#70 - 2012-02-22 10:58:02 UTC

Mu'ad Diib
#71 - 2012-02-22 17:35:04 UTC

Mu'ad Diib
#72 - 2012-02-22 23:10:31 UTC

Mu'ad Diib
#73 - 2012-02-22 23:50:54 UTC

Kiran
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#74 - 2012-02-23 09:29:57 UTC
Liked the post, I just want a CSM member who is not solely focused on null sec and pvp. I understand there is a need for it, but to be honest during the last CSM industry, high sec, mission running, exploration has been lacking in most of the CSM meetings.

We need CSM members who will not use their membership as a political platform to get things implemented into the game that will benifit just them and their alliances. We also need a member who wishes not to destroy the income of wormholes or the isk making abilities in high sec like some of the previous CSM members.
Mu'ad Diib
#75 - 2012-02-23 19:03:58 UTC
Kiran wrote:
Liked the post, I just want a CSM member who is not solely focused on null sec and pvp. I understand there is a need for it, but to be honest during the last CSM industry, high sec, mission running, exploration has been lacking in most of the CSM meetings.

We need CSM members who will not use their membership as a political platform to get things implemented into the game that will benifit just them and their alliances. We also need a member who wishes not to destroy the income of wormholes or the isk making abilities in high sec like some of the previous CSM members.
Thanks for your support. As far as what you've written goes, I couldn't agree more!

Essentially what I'm aiming to do is stand as a non-aligned candidate who will honestly represent that needs of all capsuleers not just the ones in my particular corporation. I'm from a fairly small corporation and I'm aware that often the needs of these smaller entities and also of independent players get ridden over by the powerful clans who steam onto the CSM.

My aim is simple. If you'd like an independent candidate to represent you honestly and with integrity, then please vote for me.

Snowflake Tem
The Order of Symbolic Measures
#76 - 2012-03-01 12:27:32 UTC
Mu'ad Diib wrote:

On a fundamental level, I'd like to see an increase in player democracy. Specifically, I'd like to see a system in place to allow players to suggest and vote on new content so that the game evolves in line with the democratic wishes of the community.

If I am successfully voted in, I'm committed to running regular monthly surgeries where I'll be available for players to approach me individually with their concerns. I will then raise these at the CSM.

First of all, congratulations on being short-listed. It is always good to see someone from the UK with a strong sense of fair play.

But I really can't agree with your commitment to player lead content though the CSM process.

I wan't CCP to continue to surprise and delight us with their innovations. I do not want a player committee to dictate content because it would short-circuit the experience of exploring the game material.

The suspense of not knowing exactly what is coming in the next release is enjoyable part of the game and it would drastically reduce my profits in market speculation which have been pretty accurate thus far.
Caisman
Smoking Hillbillys
#77 - 2012-03-01 13:08:35 UTC
Mu'ad Diib wrote:
Essentially what I'm aiming to do is stand as a non-aligned candidate who will honestly represent that needs of all capsuleers not just the ones in my particular corporation. I'm from a fairly small corporation and I'm aware that often the needs of these smaller entities and also of independent players get ridden over by the powerful clans who steam onto the CSM.

And this, quite simply, is why you have my vote. I am also the member of a small corp and I like the idea of the representation you promise. I also like the idea of a [revamped] bounty hunting system

Snowflake Tem wrote:
I wan't CCP to continue to surprise and delight us with their innovations. I do not want a player committee to dictate content because it would short-circuit the experience of exploring the game material.

The suspense of not knowing exactly what is coming in the next release is enjoyable part of the game and it would drastically reduce my profits in market speculation which have been pretty accurate thus far.

I completely agree, though I feel that there needs to be a balance between pleasant surprises & less pleasant surprises - for example FiS / game mechanic improvements vs WiS. It's FiS all the way for me, YMMV. Could player input have had a bearing on this prior to implementation? - I'd like to think so.

Good luck and congratulations on reaching the final candidate list.

o/

CTRL+SPACE, just in case

Caisman's Eve

Mu'ad Diib
#78 - 2012-03-05 02:44:43 UTC

Kyzar7th
Via Silvestris
#79 - 2012-03-06 00:26:32 UTC

From your name, you're a George Alec Effinger fan?
Inovy Dacella
Empire Assault Corp
Dead Terrorists
#80 - 2012-03-14 20:25:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Inovy Dacella
To All candidates,

Please help us vote by telling us where you stand on the issues. Describing how you love democracy and what a kick ass player you are does not help us decide who to vote for. We need to know your views on how to make the game better.

A few examples:

How would you fix bounty hunting?

How can we get rid of bots?

What do you think about walking in stations?

How can we improve POS management?

How can you improve pvp?

Most importantly how can Eve attract more players? 300k accounts does not bring in enough profit to develop the game!

I could write pages of questions.