These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Your 'Special' Ship

First post
Author
Lady Naween
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#21 - 2012-02-14 21:59:05 UTC
damnation.

sleek, sexy, can take a pounding.. much like well.. something else *winks*
MadMuppet
Critical Mass Inc
#22 - 2012-02-14 22:06:22 UTC
I'm more of a hauler so...

Orca - Just so much utility in a single hull.

Prowler - By the time you've finished reading this I'm through the next gate.

This message brought to you by Experience(tm). When common sense fails you, experience will come to the rescue. Experience(tm) from the makers of CONCORD.

"If you are part of the problem, you will be nerfed." -MadMuppet

Dank Man
#23 - 2012-02-14 22:25:43 UTC
Scimitar, your welcome for still being alive. 2nd is the hound.
Worpout
DEMONS OF THE HIDDEN MIST
#24 - 2012-02-14 23:04:21 UTC
I have a hard time answering this question as I fly a lot of different ships. I however have found Gallente bs's fun to fly, and is planning on active tanked Dominic... shield ofcource.

Much love to Mach, bhaal, vigilant and Proteus, tho =D
FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Imperii Ltd.
#25 - 2012-02-14 23:07:16 UTC
Pilgrim
Legion
Imperial Navy Slicer

Hopefully the Proteus I'm training for will make the list soon.

Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.

Destru Kaneda
Arzad Police Department
#26 - 2012-02-14 23:14:52 UTC
Rifter hull best hull. Best frigate, best looks, best.
Cormallin
Horizon Security
#27 - 2012-02-14 23:16:44 UTC
Pound for pound its gotta be the hound!
drdxie
#28 - 2012-02-14 23:18:35 UTC
I would have to say the Tengu.. I use it for missioning, ratting, wh'ing and exploration. Extremely versatile. 2nd on the list will be the Nighmare.. its a beast of a ship.

Caldari Loving needed.. https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1608277&#post1608277

Zarnak Wulf
Task Force 641
Empyrean Edict
#29 - 2012-02-14 23:19:40 UTC
Arty Thrasher. Bring the rain.Twisted
Pulgy
Doomheim
#30 - 2012-02-15 00:15:59 UTC
Velator.
They never see it coming Twisted
No range? No problem!   Join the Church of the Holy Blasterâ„¢ . A Hybrid religion.
Belthazor4011
Battle BV Redux
#31 - 2012-02-15 00:55:20 UTC
Exequror Navy Issue because everyone thinks its bad so they'll fight it, only to find out its really not that bad Twisted
Roosterton
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#32 - 2012-02-15 01:20:43 UTC
Cookie cutter plate + SAR + nos rifter. Had my first ever successful solo PVP battles with it.
Dibblerette
Solitude-Industries
#33 - 2012-02-15 01:34:54 UTC
The Merlin:
Burning through a stack of these taught me more about PvP than lurking in the warfare and tactics forum ever did. Shining moment was when my Gatling Pulse Laser Merlin jumped a ratting daredevil. And won.

The Brutix:
A beast of a solo vessel. Had my double LSE gank Brute jump onto a nano drake in a belt. I scrammed him and we went at it. I was winning when his first of seven friends started to land. I overheated everything I had, and picked a celestial to warp my pod out to. Spamming warp, I got out (lowsec), posting a reluctant GF in local. Only then did I notice the laughter and rubes directed at the drake pilot. Our ships had exploded simultaneously, even 1v8 Cool

The Taranis:
Was screwing around trying to get my clone back to the staging system in null when the intel channel lights up, some jerks in stealth bombers were lighting up one of our SBUs, and no one was nearby. No one, except for me. I arrive in system, see about 20 enemies and two others. I convo the odd men out on a hunch. Turns out he was sitting cloaked in a falcon with an alt in another ceptor on the other side of the system. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, so we warped in at either side of the SBU. I landed first, and about half the bombers locked me up. I frantically try to lock the nearest ones before they can cloak, but miss most. Then, a particulary lethargic purifier decides to get locked. Grinning, I fire my MWD just as someone fires a torpedo salvo my way. Knowing that would hurt if it hit me with the MWD on, I barely make orbit and land point on the purifier as my cycle ends. I fire up the neutrons and the afterburner as more torpedoes slam into my hull. My armor starts to scream as it dissolves under the barrage, but the Purifier pops. A Manticore decloaks 10k away and lands a point. With my fabulous Gallente hull beneath me, I gamble and fire the MWD for one overheated cycle. I slingshot past the 'core, out of point range and straight at the gate. I almost miss clicking warp my hands are shaking so bad, but by some miracle, I warp. The trail of fire leads me to look at my readout. I have 1% hull. I mouse over it. 3 Hp remain. To this day, I have never undocked without a damage control.

All of these stories happened as I thought I was getting bored with EVE. Good thing I logged in that one more time, eh?
DIsposible Hero
State War Academy
Caldari State
#34 - 2012-02-15 01:44:33 UTC
Hurricane Hurricane Hurricane Hurricane Hurricane Hurricane.

I can't believe no-one has said Hurricane yet. It can do anything. Armor tank, shield tank, 100k ehp bait ship, frig killer, instalock, wormholes, missions, PVP roams, nullsec ratting, anything.

When I saw the title I thought this was going to be about a specific ship you've had for a while and it would have to be my wormhole Hurricane. No, I don't live in a wormhole... anymore... but I do scan regularly and whenever I find a quiet CL1 or 2 i'm always sure to jump in and grab some delicious nanoribbons. I must have made at least a billion from that one 50M battlecruiser...
Garr Earthbender
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#35 - 2012-02-15 01:47:53 UTC
I think I love the Maller. Tank fit or gank fit, it's a wonder how much damage those things survive. Maller that goes faster than 1000m/s NO WAY!??!!!?! Yes way. I just srammed you, webbed you, then melted your face. While you and your buddy have fun with my armor buffer.

Then you die to an Enyo a couple of nights later when you turn all dumb and forget to stop overheating your web...... and let the Enyo get out with 40% structure left...... Bah. Maller FTW cause it can bring the expected and unexpected. Also, it looks badass now.

-Scissors is overpowered, rock is fine. -Paper

Nylith Empyreal
Sutar Rein
#36 - 2012-02-15 01:56:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Nylith Empyreal
The Deimos.

Hauling armored ass to the target in a blaze of miracles; you're not dead yet. Locking down and unloading more chaos than a warhammer 40k scene while watching your life flash before your eyes... screaming at the computer while you overload your modules. Twisted

Fun times. Pirate

Who's the more foolish the fool or the fool who replies to him?

Jeyson Vicious
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2012-02-15 02:16:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Jeyson Vicious
I loved the black and white squad car looking Navy Comet... But now it's changed give me the Hyperion. Looks like a corvette viewed from the front. Practicality of both be damned!

But I feel like Forrest Gump with the Comets. "I've got 12 Jennys."
God's Apples
Wilderness
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
#38 - 2012-02-15 02:16:34 UTC
When I think of EvE the first thing that comes to my mind would be either the hurricane or the rifter. They are both so iconic, it just has to be those to. Although I do love the cyclone because it is a super sexy train thingy.

"Hydra Reloaded are just jealous / butthurt on me / us because we can get tons of PVP action in empire while they aren't good enough to get that." - NightmareX

Katherine Starlight
Doomheim
#39 - 2012-02-15 03:26:44 UTC
Repblic Fleet Firetail
http://i.solidfiles.net/872865e1b9.png
Because when 80+ republic fleet firetails suddenly appeared from nowhere that "wat" moment scarred me for life.
Clyde ElectraGlide
Emara Entertainment Inc.
#40 - 2012-02-15 06:50:33 UTC
I don't have a set 'special ship' but right now I'd have to say it's the Pilgrim. Awesome for cloaky pew on the PVP side and running mag and radar sites on the PVE side.

In Need of a New Signature