These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Web based skill trainer/queue

Author
joebro1060
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#21 - 2012-02-19 04:21:02 UTC
Yea, most of the rigs I go to take forever to load up basic html version gmail. But every now and then I Gera bad ass rig with awesome bandwidth. I can FaceTime and stream YouTube on this rig. Hooray for no IP web tracking but don't tell any1 out here lol
Torrema Sinclair
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#22 - 2012-02-21 21:34:29 UTC
joebro1060 wrote:
Yea, most of the rigs I go to take forever to load up basic html version gmail. But every now and then I Gera bad ass rig with awesome bandwidth. I can FaceTime and stream YouTube on this rig. Hooray for no IP web tracking but don't tell any1 out here lol

Lucky you. BUMP
Nikk Narrel
Moonlit Bonsai
#23 - 2012-02-21 21:48:54 UTC
Good ideas like this would result in most players being happier.
Torrema Sinclair
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#24 - 2012-02-23 12:52:04 UTC
I just love the way people wave this subject off like it was nothing, cause they are just fine with their 24/7/365 access to EVE. Just GREAT-.-
Last Lefts
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#25 - 2012-02-23 14:06:40 UTC
Torrema Sinclair wrote:
I just love the way people wave this subject off like it was nothing, cause they are just fine with their 24/7/365 access to EVE. Just GREAT-.-

Or maybe the CCP demo of something in the direction of web-based training queue access is an indication that we don't need to push too hard to get this one.

+1 and bump anyway Big smile
Dersen Lowery
The Scope
#26 - 2012-02-23 19:40:25 UTC
Two ideas:

1) replace the time-based queue with a slot-based queue;

2) allow people to queue certificates as well as skills.

I also don't understand the impulse to force interaction. If someone really wants to pay $15/month to do nothing but run a skill queue, either they have a good reason (they're on a rig, or in a combat zone) or CCP gets $15/month for basically nothing. Either way the outcome isn't bad. I don't really know why you wouldn't assume that someone who maintains an active account on a game might want to play it.

Proud founder and member of the Belligerent Desirables.

I voted in CSM X!

Previous page12