These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

I Actually Like The New Forum..

First post First post First post
Author
Solomar Espersei
Quality Assurance
Brotherhood of Spacers
#61 - 2011-09-07 13:48:12 UTC
Functionality seems better than the old forums, plus cool backgrounds so yeah, +1 here. Kudos for your choice in high quality Amarr coding slaves.

Quality Assurance Recruiting intrepid explorers and BlOps/Cov Ops combat enthusiasts

Tycho Fermi
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#62 - 2011-09-07 13:48:51 UTC
One of a few forums that works perfectly with FastestChrome... gotta love endless pages.
Mirime Nolwe
Mantra of Pain
#63 - 2011-09-07 13:49:31 UTC
Looks wise its way beyond the old forum, functionality wise, i´m sure it will get better with time. Good work (not needed but still good work), now get back to fixing issues in the game! Straight
Ana Vyr
Vyral Technologies
#64 - 2011-09-07 13:52:17 UTC
I definitely prefer the new forums over the old ones.
Theodemir
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#65 - 2011-09-07 13:53:51 UTC
The only black mark [imo] to these new forums are the preview boxes when your mouse cursor hovers over a topic, very frustrating. A lot better than the first iteration, at least you can get rid of the stupid pixel bed!
Aethlyn
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#66 - 2011-09-07 13:54:16 UTC
Me too, but the whining could be a bit less and there are still some minor issues they have to fix (like unintentional usage of ">" or "<" breaking/deleting your posts. :)

Looking for more thoughts? Follow me on Twitter.

Laktos
Perkone
Caldari State
#67 - 2011-09-07 14:09:04 UTC
Old forum was super clunky and awkward. This new forum, while not perfect, is definitely a huge improvement. Well done CCP! :fanboi:

Latest PVP Video: Perseverance

Sard Caid does not endorse this message.

Mocam
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#68 - 2011-09-07 14:12:50 UTC
It's nice, fairly clean looking but it does need a bit of work, though there is that thread on applying some other styles to it... That should help some folks out.

I'm sure they'll be working on it for a while now that it's out.
Akrasjel Lanate
Lanate Industries
#69 - 2011-09-07 14:17:41 UTC
Nice "new" forum Cool

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude

Morbidity Sophis
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#70 - 2011-09-07 14:22:00 UTC
i want a button to jump to the post of a dev / gm made if they posted in the topic. maybe i missed it
javascript:__doPostBack('forum$ctl00$Preview','')
Sir Substance
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#71 - 2011-09-07 14:25:59 UTC
I'm pretty happy as well. This round of forums has solved my two biggest beefs with the old forums, which were the way it logged you out during long poasts and the way the default character thing was cookie based, which meant you sometimes alt-posted (or main-posted) by accident.

I'm not sure it was worth having the incarna expansion, but taken on its own, its pretty good.

The beatings will continue until posting improves. -Magnus Cortex

Official Eve Online changelist: Togglable PvP. - Jordanna Bauer

Calipygian
State War Academy
Caldari State
#72 - 2011-09-07 14:27:55 UTC
I wish the portraits were smaller since them combined with the poster information often takes up more vertical real estate than the post. Otherwise I like the new forums.
Ke'char
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#73 - 2011-09-07 14:40:01 UTC
Calipygian wrote:
I wish the portraits were smaller since them combined with the poster information often takes up more vertical real estate than the post. Otherwise I like the new forums.

You can opt for the "compact view" somewhere in the top right corner. I had the same issue as you and that pretty much solved it for me.
CCP Elais
C C P
C C P Alliance
#74 - 2011-09-07 14:41:35 UTC
Calipygian wrote:

Click the "Compact view" button found in the thread title bar...your portrait will magically shrink and information except for character name will go into the character dropdown list Big smile
Orion Guardian
#75 - 2011-09-07 14:49:32 UTC
As I posted in the announcement: a few more options to customize or set up theforum individually (number of posts/page for example) might be nice
Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#76 - 2011-09-07 14:50:17 UTC
Skex Relbore wrote:
Aldan Romar wrote:
I like the new forums, especially because of the direct integration of EVE Gate.

It's much easier to look up posters and get an impression of their general stance on the game, ponder corporations and alliances.

Most important: not having to log on every quarter of an hour (apparently).

Also all that space makes the flames more bearable.

Ok, I will admit that it's nice to be able to look up a poster and see that they're posting with a character that's only 13 days old telling me that they are either a sock puppet, newbie, or paid shill without having to log into the game.

When you think EvE has paid shills is when you need to log off and get some sunshine, sans tinfoil hat, bruh. Seriously, thats the epitome of paranoia.

internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it

MisterNick
The Sagan Clan
#77 - 2011-09-07 14:50:18 UTC
Here we are in the General forum and yet there is a distinct lack of whine in this thread. This is good, i'm more a beer man anyway Smile

I like the new forums now that they work, and the Gallente background looks very nice indeed. Also the jump to forum function is a time-saver.

"Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom."

Skex Relbore
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#78 - 2011-09-07 15:16:58 UTC
Cipher Jones wrote:
Skex Relbore wrote:
Aldan Romar wrote:
I like the new forums, especially because of the direct integration of EVE Gate.

It's much easier to look up posters and get an impression of their general stance on the game, ponder corporations and alliances.

Most important: not having to log on every quarter of an hour (apparently).

Also all that space makes the flames more bearable.

Ok, I will admit that it's nice to be able to look up a poster and see that they're posting with a character that's only 13 days old telling me that they are either a sock puppet, newbie, or paid shill without having to log into the game.

When you think EvE has paid shills is when you need to log off and get some sunshine, sans tinfoil hat, bruh. Seriously, thats the epitome of paranoia.

If you think they don't you need a dose of reality. In fact they'd be stupid not to have such. It's standard PR stuff in this day and age.

Paid posters are used to drive traffic, generate discussion and yes, push idea's and products. this isn't conspiracy theory stuff this is just the way the world works.

Devil's Call
Social safety
#79 - 2011-09-07 15:17:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Devil's Call
I like them as well, way better then the old forums. Except this 'like' system, it's unnecessary.
Simetraz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#80 - 2011-09-07 15:24:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Simetraz
Devil's Call wrote:
I like them as well, way better then the old forums. Except this 'like' system, it's unnecessary.

Actually think of it more of a inverse filter.
The more Likes a person gets the less likely they will have anything of interest to say.

This is an EVE Forum
Therefore in the end the Trolls will have the highest number of likes.

Or you could just ignore it all together.