These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

I Actually Like The New Forum..

First post First post First post
Author
fire runner
EVE-RO
Goonswarm Federation
#41 - 2011-09-07 10:00:31 UTC
Works for me on Firefox, didn't bother to use the others because my primary love is the fox.
CCP Prism X
C C P
C C P Alliance
#42 - 2011-09-07 10:05:51 UTC
Guys, I know you're all having fun and such with these new forums but the guys over in These forums are not bitter enough are complaining over the noise from the party.

Could you all please switch to the Amarr background before they call the police? I know it might sound like a weird solution but the Amarr background has the best sound insulation.

Thank you kindly.
Vak'ran
TUIG Inc.
#43 - 2011-09-07 10:18:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Vak'ran
CCP Prism X wrote:
Guys, I know you're all having fun and such with these new forums but the guys over in These forums are not bitter enough are complaining over the noise from the party.

Could you all please switch to the Amarr background before they call the police? I know it might sound like a weird solution but the Amarr background has the best sound insulation.

Thank you kindly.

I would if it would kindly stick. This door keeps coming back. The door does not seem to be soundproofed well.

edit: nevermind, this has apparently unbroken itself...

* goes look for more coffee *

Vak'Ran is your local unofficial non-dedicated part-time advocate of reading comprehension and proliferation of intelligence on the EVE Online Forums, offering advise and corrections of dubious quality since 2008.

Meryl SinGarda
Belligerent Underpaid Tactical Team
#44 - 2011-09-07 10:29:52 UTC
I also like the new forums.
Signal11th
#45 - 2011-09-07 10:32:30 UTC
I'm fine with the new forums, theres a bit of functionality that could be improved but I'm happy enough with it.

God Said "Come Forth and receive eternal life!" I came fifth and won a toaster!

Rakshasa Taisab
Sane Industries Inc.
#46 - 2011-09-07 10:40:32 UTC
And I get Liked a lot on these forums, so all is good.

Nyan

Bel Amar
Rules of Acquisition
#47 - 2011-09-07 10:43:54 UTC
Vak'ran wrote:
CCP Prism X wrote:

Thank you kindly.

I would if it would kindly stick. This door keeps coming back. The door does not seem to be soundproofed well.

The door keeps coming back to haunt me, my Amarrian background just doesn't want to stay in place...
Naran Eto
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#48 - 2011-09-07 10:52:24 UTC
Bel Amar wrote:
Vak'ran wrote:
CCP Prism X wrote:

Thank you kindly.

The door keeps coming back to haunt me, my Amarrian background just doesn't want to stay in place...

Probably a problem with the cookiee settings on your browser, the background selection is working fine for me, although i did find that changing it while on a gate page it didn't stick for the forum and i had to ctrl+f5 it to get the selection to show. Probably somethign to do with session cookiee timeers or something.
Sphit Ker
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#49 - 2011-09-07 11:15:23 UTC
This is very quick to render. It's snappy. There's a "compact" view mode.

It's a winner I think. I like it a lot more than the old stuff.

It knows what you think.

Cunane Jeran
#50 - 2011-09-07 11:23:33 UTC
I'm also a fan :D
Bel Amar
Rules of Acquisition
#51 - 2011-09-07 11:24:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Bel Amar
Naran Eto wrote:
Probably a problem with the cookiee settings on your browser, the background selection is working fine for me, although i did find that changing it while on a gate page it didn't stick for the forum and i had to ctrl+f5 it to get the selection to show. Probably somethign to do with session cookiee timeers or something.

Possible but unlikely to be a cookie setting, as I don't overly care about cookie "privacy" and have my browser set to accept all cookies from all sites. I also have the same problem on my Mac and my windows box. If it's not a forum problem, then it may be a Chrome issue, as I use the same browser on both computers...

Edit - That being said, I've re-applied the background setting, and it may be sticking this time...
Nyio
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#52 - 2011-09-07 11:30:08 UTC
Hmm.. Think I can get to like this, takes some getting used to I guess.

BTW, I have the most uber backround = Gallente Big smile
Commander Spurty
#53 - 2011-09-07 11:33:20 UTC
Aethlyn wrote:
Unfortunately that feature is still "broken" and will reset once you close the forum (session cookie only? Running IE9 here). You have to get back to the preferences and apply them each visit if you insist on your background picture (or keep at least one session open at all times).

Well it resets for me because I'm not logged in yet.

The second I log into the forums, the background I set in my preferences appears.

Has this been fixed or was that just the issue all along (you weren't logged in)?

There are good ships,

And wood ships,

And ships that sail the sea

But the best ships are Spaceships

Built by CCP

LittleTerror
Illuminated Foundation Trust
#54 - 2011-09-07 11:36:53 UTC
I like this new forum also, you can even filter all the stupid trolls and whiners.
Vatt Wisanson
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#55 - 2011-09-07 11:49:24 UTC
Im also likin´ this : D. It feels cool mam´.
Ciar Meara
PIE Inc.
Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris
#56 - 2011-09-07 11:53:43 UTC
CCP Prism X wrote:

Thank you kindly.

We Amarr don't like anything, unless it involved God or Slavery. The best things in life combine the two...

- [img]http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/corp/janus/ceosig.jpg[/img] [yellow]English only please. Zymurgist[/yellow]

Rykuss
AWE Corporation
Intrepid Crossing
#57 - 2011-09-07 12:20:24 UTC
Nyio wrote:
Hmm.. Think I can get to like this, takes some getting used to I guess.

BTW, I have the most uber backround = Gallente Big smile

68% More Uber! Big smile

You, too, can be a Solid Gold dancer.

bilingi
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#58 - 2011-09-07 12:39:00 UTC
Where is the dislike button? The like one who cares,Ugh
Captain Praxis
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#59 - 2011-09-07 13:13:11 UTC
The new forums are cool - they look nice, work fast and it's easy to see when threads have new posts Big smile
CCP Elais
C C P
C C P Alliance
#60 - 2011-09-07 13:38:46 UTC
The issue of your personalized backgrounds not sticking on the forums has been fixed and deployed.

Thank you for your helpful reporting guys