These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The Mittani, CSM7 Chairman: Our work is not yet done.

First post First post
Author
Delici Feelgood
Doomheim
#761 - 2012-02-25 19:50:47 UTC
Weaselior wrote:
he seems like a reasonable chap, sure to have his views affected by things like facts and reason, which is why he thinks he knows anything cause he quoted the prince to prove that he, an unimportant nobody with an unbroken record of failure, knows anything about politics, the "success" of other people notwithstainding

So are you saying that the Mittani is an expert on everything? Even though clearly his understanding of a notable rennaissance diplomat is questionably suspect.
Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#762 - 2012-02-25 19:53:23 UTC
Delici Feelgood wrote:
Weaselior wrote:
he seems like a reasonable chap, sure to have his views affected by things like facts and reason, which is why he thinks he knows anything cause he quoted the prince to prove that he, an unimportant nobody with an unbroken record of failure, knows anything about politics, the "success" of other people notwithstainding

So are you saying that the Mittani is an expert on everything? Even though clearly his understanding of a notable rennaissance diplomat is questionably suspect.

mittani is, presumably, an expert at winning space elections (having achieved more votes than anyone else ever in a csm election) and playing space dictator sucessfully, given that he heads up the most successful alliance in eve

mittani also presumably knows, unlike our dimwitted friend, that machiavellian has a different meaning in common english language than "to the letter follower of machiavelli", it instead refers to a certain disregard for ethics

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#763 - 2012-02-25 19:54:37 UTC
but then, why am i reasoning with a noname npc alt

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#764 - 2012-02-25 19:55:33 UTC
if you lie down and roll over you get a doggie biscuit! who wants the doggie biscuit? is it you? yes its you isn't it

Delici Feelgood
Doomheim
#765 - 2012-02-25 19:58:35 UTC
Weaselior wrote:
mittani is, presumably, an expert at winning space elections (having achieved more votes than anyone else ever in a csm election) and playing space dictator sucessfully, given that he heads up the most successful alliance in eve

Fair enough, just so that we are clear that his CV is mainly getting a block vote from his alliance and being able to head up an alliance, for which he claims that he delegates the everyday running to others (if certain presentations made by the Goons are to be believed) and nothing to do with facts or figures at all.
Princess Bride
SharkNado
#766 - 2012-02-25 20:03:09 UTC
Weaselior wrote:

mittani also presumably knows, unlike our dimwitted friend, that machiavellian has a different meaning in common english language than "to the letter follower of machiavelli", it instead refers to a certain disregard for ethics

Hey look, a counterpoint. Thank you for finally putting one together.

Actually, a disregard for ethics would be covered by the definition of "unethical". When you invoke the name Machiavelli, it really does mean the core principles outlined by Machiavelli, especially in The Prince. Perhaps it has been dumbed-down a bit in your circle, but that's not surprising, nor does it validate anything.

Also, pointing to his success as a roleplayer really doesn't invalidate the fact that he's successful DESPITE completely failing to understand and apply Machiavelli. The worst part, however, is when he roleplays that he's actually Machiavellian while his actions directly contradict The Prince. It's not that he's failing to follow it "to the letter", implying a minor deviance from the core concepts. I can break it down further for you if you wish, but frankly the linked dialogue speaks for itself unless you're intentionally trying to pretend otherwise.

http://eveprincessbride.wordpress.com/

Falin Whalen
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#767 - 2012-02-25 20:03:46 UTC
Princess Bride wrote:
Weaselior wrote:
yes let us reason with the unimportant nobody who thinks quoting the prince means he knows anything

Welp.

What should I expect from an alliance who thinks posting ASCII penises to local is the height of communication.

Local is for posting art, communication happens in mumble/teamspeak, alliance, corp chat, and intel channels.

You just don't apreciate our art.

"it's only because of their stupidity that they're able to be so sure of themselves." The Trial - Franz Kafka 

Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#768 - 2012-02-25 20:10:12 UTC
Princess Bride wrote:
Weaselior wrote:

Hey look, a counterpoint. Thank you for finally putting one together.

Actually, a disregard for ethics would be covered by the definition of "unethical". When you invoke the name Machiavelli, it really does mean the core principles outlined by Machiavelli, especially in The Prince. Perhaps it has been dumbed-down a bit in your circle, but that's not surprising, nor does it validate anything.

Also, pointing to his success as a roleplayer really doesn't invalidate the fact that he's successful DESPITE completely failing to understand and apply Machiavelli. The worst part, however, is when he roleplays that he's actually Machiavellian while his actions directly contradict The Prince. It's not that he's failing to follow it "to the letter", implying a minor deviance from the core concepts. I can break it down further for you if you wish, but frankly the linked dialogue speaks for itself unless you're intentionally trying to pretend otherwise.

wrong, moron

Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#769 - 2012-02-25 20:10:37 UTC
this is why i don't reason with pubbies you can't reason with something incapable of thinking

Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#770 - 2012-02-25 20:11:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Weaselior
if there is anyone capable of coherent thought who was puzzled, please see: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/machiavellian

definition 2&3

Princess Bride
SharkNado
#771 - 2012-02-25 20:14:03 UTC
Weaselior wrote:
if there is anyone capable of coherent thought who was puzzled, please see: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/machiavellian

definition 2&3

Big smile

Yes, everyone, please completely ignore the primary and secondary definitions. Only look at the tertiary. Nothing to see in 1 and 2, move along, nothing to see here!

Delici Feelgood
Doomheim
#772 - 2012-02-25 20:14:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Delici Feelgood
The Mittani wrote:
I mostly delegated discussion of hybrid issues to the CSM6 hybrid experts, Prometheus Exenthal and White Tree. I'm a nullsec sovwar guy, whether rails need a 10% buff and a 12% grid decrease is really too micro for me. I'd just mess things up.

I'm pretty happy with what Tallest has posted in his hybrid blog.

Another demonstration of the Mittani expertise and dedication to a subject. Which is pretty interesting since he has been missing for a week seemingly disinterested with CSM 7 and yet his campaign slogan is "Our" work is not yet done.
Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#773 - 2012-02-25 20:20:46 UTC
Princess Bride wrote:
Weaselior wrote:

definition 2&3

Big smile

Yes, everyone, please completely ignore the primary and secondary definitions. Only look at the tertiary. Nothing to see in 1 and 2, move along, nothing to see here!

see this is why you don't let them think they're people

they start thinking their opinions mean anything to real people

Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#774 - 2012-02-25 20:21:14 UTC
and they're not intelligent enough to figure out they're wrong

Delici Feelgood
Doomheim
#775 - 2012-02-25 20:27:36 UTC
Weaselior wrote:

And clearly your level of debating skills is limited to a derogatory and contradictory stance. Blink

Such prowess.
Princess Bride
SharkNado
#776 - 2012-02-25 20:27:41 UTC
Weaselior wrote:

Sure, if you're willing to believe that the third definition in the dictionary is actually the primary, and the primary should be disregarded. 1 is 3 and 3 is 1. Black is white, and white is black. Roll

Falin Whalen
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#777 - 2012-02-25 20:29:05 UTC
Leave him be Weaselior, he has stapled the tinfoil to his skull to tight, and you can't fix stupid.

"it's only because of their stupidity that they're able to be so sure of themselves." The Trial - Franz Kafka 

Berke Negri
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#778 - 2012-02-25 21:15:41 UTC
wait, so by "interview" that pubbie actually meant he just edited together excerpts from this thread? that's even worse than riverini
Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#779 - 2012-02-25 21:30:01 UTC
Weaselior wrote:
this is why i don't reason with pubbies you can't reason with something incapable of thinking

Not all pubbies are incapable of thinking, just the loud ones a lot of times.

P.S. How do I join Goonswarm?

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

Johan Krieger
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#780 - 2012-02-25 21:41:03 UTC
Princess Bride wrote:
Weaselior wrote:
yes let us reason with the unimportant nobody who thinks quoting the prince means he knows anything

Welp.

What should I expect from an alliance who thinks posting ASCII penises to local is the height of communication.

ASCII penises are the absolute epitome of communication.