These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The Mittani, CSM7 Chairman: Our work is not yet done.

First post First post
Author
Princess Bride
SharkNado
#521 - 2012-02-17 22:12:46 UTC
Lyris Nairn wrote:
My input?

By responding at all to this thread you are giving The Mittani what he wants, which is threefold: first, you are using your time and effort to focus on him and his antics; second, you are keeping this thread bumped so that he maintains popular name recognition and can later point to the length of the thread to gloat about "whining pubbies," "threadnought," and other such things to gloat; third, you are by virtue of the first two points not doing other, more enjoyable things with your time. It is entirely possible that you derive enjoyment and satisfaction from arguing in circles with idiots on the Internet, and if so then more power to you and honestly I'm quite jealous since you've got a goldmine of never-ending bliss at your fingertips; but, if that is not the case, then you are allowing a megalomaniac to dominate your time, effort, and emotions. In short, you are losing by even participating.

I'd suggest that instead of wasting your time, you vote for me.

Where I repeatedly bump The Mittani's CSM election thread...

Where they to do the same...

Maybe I'm just a spai, sent to bump his thread. Ah, wheels within wheels...

Actually, every now and again I do get in the mood to argue in circles with idiots on the internet. This is indeed one of those times, and at the moment I am quite content. But thank you for your concern.

http://eveprincessbride.wordpress.com/

Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#522 - 2012-02-17 22:13:44 UTC
Johnny Marzetti wrote:
Now, I believe this is The Mittani's thread. Don't make me pee on your leg again.

I believe just you bringing the subject back to The Mittani's impending election involves peeing on her leg, so... keep at it?

Accidentally The Whole Frigate - For-newbies blog (currently on pause)

Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#523 - 2012-02-17 22:14:55 UTC
Princess Bride wrote:

Actually, every now and again I do get in the mood to argue in circles with idiots on the internet.

localhost is 127.0.0.1
Tyrion Struan
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#524 - 2012-02-17 22:15:39 UTC
Princess Bride wrote:

So by your own admission, Mittani's characterization of Darius III in his one-line insult/summary was based on something completely irrelevant. Also, by ignoring your lame hypothetical I'm "picking and choosing" my facts? No. I'm distinguishing facts from hypothetical garbage. That's different.

Nope. He made an assessment. He is free to do that, and better placed to do so than both of us (unless you're privy to the NDA). You are calling him out as a lier based on CCP saying that they lack proof. This does, however, not mean that there was no breach of the NDA. The worst thing you can call him out for is to not have begun his statement with "In my assessment..." Which, I think, is a rather lame outcall. Again, I don't care, I just think its fun that you holding others to standards in their arguments that you are not able to meet yourself, that is my amusement and only concern in this. So by your argument you are a lying [insert derogatory term here], because you are no able to show the truth of your statement that there has been a lie.

I have no doubt that you will now either put your head back into the sand with another statement of, "no, that is not what I said", or once more move the goalpost.
Karadion
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#525 - 2012-02-17 22:16:34 UTC
Princess Bride wrote:
Karadion wrote:
Princess Bride wrote:
Karadion wrote:
Here's a simple question that Princess can answer. If there is nothing NDA breaching, then are you saying that the entire minutes in that meeting can be given out without question? IE if Darius were to give out the entire minutes under the argument by using their statement that few lines Darius intentionally leaked wasn't NDA breaking therefore the rest of the minutes must not be NDA breaking. Would that still be okay with you? The fact is, Darius did leak specific minutes from a meeting under NDA and the rest of the CSM6 team can't trust him anymore not to leak anymore minutes for his own gain.

Hypothetical question is hypothetical. I won't entertain them and choose instead to look at the factual questions that actually happened.

If a frog had wings, it would not repetitively impact its own posterior. However a frog does not have wings, and the situation you lay out above did not happen and so it does not matter.

Yes, exactly. You choose to selectively pick out what you want to make your point for your BFF. Fact is Darius did leak minutes from an NDA meeting where they were all under the impression that the minutes were not going to be given out. The specific parts of the minutes were deemed by CCP not to be critical but if it had compromised of information based on such as Tech moons are going to be nerfed / other moons are going to be buffed, then CCP would be freaking out. But this one was based on insulting Riverini in an NDA meeting, a corp mate of Darius, and Darius didn't like that so he told Riverini.

So by your own admission, Mittani's characterization of Darius III in his one-line insult/summary was based on something completely irrelevant. Also, by ignoring your lame hypothetical I'm "picking and choosing" my facts? No. I'm distinguishing facts from hypothetical garbage. That's different.
It may have been based on something trivial but facts is that it came from an NDA meeting, did it not? Yes or no.
Princess Bride
SharkNado
#526 - 2012-02-17 22:18:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Princess Bride
Johnny Marzetti wrote:
So you're saying...

Why do I get the feeling you're about to try to put words in my mouth, and tell me what I was saying...

Quote:

*bunch of crap I didn't say*

Honestly, after reading the guy's thread I think I'll just not vote for him because of his posting. How's that?

Now, I believe this is The Mittani's thread. Don't make me pee on your leg again.

I don't care who you vote for. Why would I? *confused*

Princess Bride
SharkNado
#527 - 2012-02-17 22:20:53 UTC
Quote:

It may have been based on something trivial but facts is that it came from an NDA meeting, did it not? Yes or no.

What's a NDA meeting?

Karadion
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#528 - 2012-02-17 22:22:46 UTC
Princess Bride wrote:
Quote:

What's a NDA meeting?
Yes or no, did the trivial statements come from a meeting that was under NDA. That's it. That's all I want to hear. Yes or no.
Rochefort Trappistes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#529 - 2012-02-17 22:24:12 UTC
Johnny Marzetti wrote:
Princess Bride wrote:

Actually, every now and again I do get in the mood to argue in circles with idiots on the internet.

localhost is 127.0.0.1

::1

Get with the times.
Boris Lachenkov
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#530 - 2012-02-17 22:27:55 UTC
You guys are getting way off topic.
Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#531 - 2012-02-17 22:31:36 UTC
Boris Lachenkov wrote:
You guys are getting way off topic.

Speaking of topics, a really cool topic is nerfing ECM, don't you think?

Boris Lachenkov
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#532 - 2012-02-17 22:32:53 UTC
ECM don't need a nerf, it needs a reboot.

ECM frigates need a use beyond gimmick/frigate roams.
Lyris Nairn
Perkone
Caldari State
#533 - 2012-02-17 22:34:21 UTC
Princess Bride wrote:

Maybe I'm just a spai, sent to bump his thread. Ah, wheels within wheels..

Let's clear this up right now then.

X up if you're a spy!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sky Captain of Your Heart

Reddit: lyris_nairn Skype: lyris.nairn Twitter: @lyris_nairn

Lyris Nairn
Perkone
Caldari State
#534 - 2012-02-17 22:34:29 UTC
X

Princess Bride
SharkNado
#535 - 2012-02-17 22:34:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Princess Bride
Tyrion Struan wrote:
Princess Bride wrote:

Nope. He made an assessment. He is free to do that, and better placed to do so than both of us (unless you're privy to the NDA). You are calling him out as a lier based on CCP saying that they lack proof. This does, however, not mean that there was no breach of the NDA. The worst thing you can call him out for is to not have begun his statement with "In my assessment..." Which, I think, is a rather lame outcall. Again, I don't care, I just think its fun that you holding others to standards in their arguments that you are not able to meet yourself, that is my amusement and only concern in this. So by your argument you are a lying [insert derogatory term here], because you are no able to show the truth of your statement that there has been a lie.

I have no doubt that you will now either put your head back into the sand with another statement of, "no, that is not what I said", or once more move the goalpost.

Hmm let's go over this one last time:

As other CSMs have said, and as I have repeatedly quoted them saying, and you have failed to disprove, the determination of whether a NDA is breached or not is a legal question. As such, it is either true because it has been proven at law, or it is not true, because it has not. Think "Innocent until proven guilty" here, as you seem to be having trouble (probably intentionally) understanding this point. As many in this thread have argued, it seems that unless a legal determination has been made that the NDA was breached, it has not been breached. And as there is no such determination, nor is the author of the NDA and alleged "victim" in this incident asserting that there was a breach, we can safely assume that there was no breach. Yet you rant on about the semantics of it all and attempt to invalidate my argument with something akin to "How can we know whether I am the dream of the butterfly, or the butterfly part of my dream?"

You have waxed poetic on the subjects of objective reality, the definition of the word "fact" and other theoretical nonsense in an attempt to muddy the waters and obscure The Mittani's mud-slinging. That's great, and you've done a fine job of it. Hopefully, you are being paid for the service.

Next I expect you will propose an argument on the definition of the word "of" or perhaps continue to paraphrase your undergrad philosophy text.

Skye Aurorae
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#536 - 2012-02-17 22:35:36 UTC
I'm a Spy!

XXXXX

Skye Aurora is a 7 year old Girl Who Wants to be on the CSM! Unfortunately, the Lawyers say you have to be 21 - oh well.

Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#537 - 2012-02-17 22:38:40 UTC
Boris Lachenkov wrote:

You mean EW frigates in general, probably.

Also, all other forms of EW get stacking penalized on the target, while ECM does not. It is also possible to be immune to the other EW forms (or to use in-combat maneuvers to minimize their effect) but impossible to do so against ECM other than via fitting ECCM. Also a Falcon touched my Rifter in naughty places.

Oh, and:

X spy who is also a CEO reporting in

Princess Bride
SharkNado
#538 - 2012-02-17 22:39:03 UTC
Karadion wrote:
Princess Bride wrote:
Quote:

What's a NDA meeting?
Yes or no, did the trivial statements come from a meeting that was under NDA. That's it. That's all I want to hear. Yes or no.

Yes or no. Now that you've heard all you want to hear, perhaps you'll now answer MY question?

What's a NDA meeting?

Karadion
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#539 - 2012-02-17 22:41:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Karadion
Princess Bride wrote:
Karadion wrote:
Princess Bride wrote:
Quote:

What's a NDA meeting?

Yes or no. Now that you've heard all you want to hear, perhaps you'll now answer MY question?

What's a NDA meeting?
I still haven't gotten my answer.

Did the trivial statements come from a meeting that was under NDA. Yes or no.
Lyris Nairn
Perkone
Caldari State
#540 - 2012-02-17 22:42:02 UTC
Petrus Blackshell wrote:
Boris Lachenkov wrote:

You mean EW frigates in general, probably.

Also, all other forms of EW get stacking penalized on the target, while ECM does not. It is also possible to be immune to the other EW forms (or to use in-combat maneuvers to minimize their effect) but impossible to do so against ECM other than via fitting ECCM. Also a Falcon touched my Rifter in naughty places.

Oh, and:

X spy who is also a CEO reporting in

I am sure he was referring to the Griffin and Kitsune specifically.