These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The Mittani, CSM7 Chairman: Our work is not yet done.

First post First post
Author
Thrawn Rulendo
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#461 - 2012-02-17 02:21:13 UTC
Mittani for CSM Pirate
Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#462 - 2012-02-17 02:25:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Johnny Marzetti
Seleene wrote:
Let me tell you about a Mitten I know.

I first met Alex when I was still working at CCP at the Las Vegas EVE meet in 2009. After a few slideshows and lots of nerd talk, the people attending were broken up into five groups of 'devs' and given about an hour to come up with a new EVE expansion. Name, features, etc... Mittens said he didn't really want to do this or take charge of his group but, of course, he did. When it came time to present their expansion, he launched into a presentation called EVE Online: Corruption that pretty much owned. It was all about how ****** up lo-sec was and how you could do all this cool stuff to make it better and OMG METH-NAUGHTS (drug lab cap ships).

At FanFest 2009, Mittens first, he was all over the place in different panels and round tables. He was in my presentation on Game Design and it was either him or Zastrow that made the chainsaw sound effect for the new DD animation because the video I showed was silent. I remember him saying at one point, "Damnit, I just met a guy I really hate in ATLAS and he's actually pretty cool. I can't hate him now. Coming here was a mistake."Lol

I could talk a lot about the person behind the character, but probably the most honest (and possibly damning) thing I can say is that he's not the monster he wants you to believe. Even before he was in the CSM, I watched Mittens rant about nerfing supercaps just as enthusiastically as bitching about the EVE tutorial and how lost newbies are when they join EVE. I do not agree with him on everything and I wish he would put more of a happy face on sometimes in his responsibilities as CSM Chair, but there is no denying that he has put forth an extraordinary amount of time and effort into the CSM.

TLDR - The Mittani - he's actually a nice guy. Twisted

Quoting this from the bottom of the last page for reference, and also to possibly embarrass ~my ceo~.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#463 - 2012-02-17 02:38:31 UTC
Akelorian wrote:
Though I am glad you recruit many day old newbies, its easier to get spies in that way :)

Silly, newbies that get recruited from say a newbie drive are recruited even before they've started playing EVE.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Princess Bride
SharkNado
#464 - 2012-02-17 03:20:01 UTC

In the same linked linked thread:

CCP Diagoras wrote:

We have not seen evidence of any NDA breaches. Should you have any, please feel free to contact us via the petition system.

I believe this makes you what non-goons call a "liar". Mudslinging makes you far too similar to real-world professional politicians for my tastes. Thanks for all your hard work grabbing power for an alliance I'm not in though.

http://eveprincessbride.wordpress.com/

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#465 - 2012-02-17 04:56:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Alavaria Fera
Princess Bride wrote:
Thanks for all your hard work grabbing power for an alliance I'm not in though.

Thanks for grabbing power for an alliance I'm in! Please continue to do your best :)

I recall they had difficulty finding anything about the BoB T2 BPO thing too, didn't they? Someone refresh my memory on this.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Dilligaf Jack
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#466 - 2012-02-17 05:47:42 UTC
So many space mad pubbiesRoll
Mujen
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#467 - 2012-02-17 05:50:09 UTC
Voted for Mittani last year. He'll have my vote again this year.
Choc talar
Blazing Capsules
Brave Collective
#468 - 2012-02-17 06:23:52 UTC
[quote=The Mittani]This is me. I like pretty girls and puppies. Punkturis is all right, too.

• If you think that virtual pants are more important than spaceships, I don’t want your vote.

• If you think that wardecs and PvP should be consensual, I don’t want your vote.

• If you think that T2 BPO lottery was a good idea, I don’t want your vote.

• If you think that EVE should be made ‘safe’ from scamming and griefing, I don’t want your vote.

• If you think that suicide ganking should be banned, I don’t want your vote. In fact, tell me where you hang out, so I can drop a Brutix on you.

• If “war”, “murder” and “conquest” are naughty words that scare you, I don’t want your vote.

I am and have been a hi-sec dweller but I agree with these things! See not all Hi-Sec are scared puppy dogs!

I would like to hear what you have planned however, or rather what items you would push over the next year. had to add an outside support since most support so far seems a little pedantic.
Syninder
Perkone
Caldari State
#469 - 2012-02-17 08:38:11 UTC
Vote Mittans.

You may not like him and his alliance but he gets **** done.
Adeirik Brelgard
Doomheim
#470 - 2012-02-17 09:15:47 UTC
Proletariat Tingtango
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#471 - 2012-02-17 09:42:28 UTC
It would be better to accept and submit to a Tyrant that can rule well, than to subject yourselves to the will of the unwashed, uneducated masses. What is good for Goonswarm is good for Eve.

Submit and be fruitful.
Boris Lachenkov
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#472 - 2012-02-17 10:18:35 UTC
Seleene wrote:
better and OMG METH-NAUGHTS (drug lab cap ships)

Seleene wrote:
OMG METH-NAUGHTS

Seleene wrote:
Methnaught

http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/1912-so-much-win.jpg
Hrald
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#473 - 2012-02-17 10:40:24 UTC
I'm only a few weeks away from finishing all my training for a carrier. I would drop EVERYTHING for a methnaught.
Vile rat
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#474 - 2012-02-17 10:54:53 UTC
Princess Bride wrote:

In the same linked linked thread:

CCP Diagoras wrote:

We have not seen evidence of any NDA breaches. Should you have any, please feel free to contact us via the petition system.

I believe this makes you what non-goons call a "liar". Mudslinging makes you far too similar to real-world professional politicians for my tastes. Thanks for all your hard work grabbing power for an alliance I'm not in though.

You both are slightly incorrect actually.

The information leaked from a NDA protected channel was deemed non NDA breaking. That he leaked information from that channel was never in question. After the incident it was reiterated to all of us that the channel that leaked was not to be leaked in any way.
Dipluz
Notorious Legion
#475 - 2012-02-17 11:34:50 UTC
Go Mittens (and im not even goonswarm!)

Btw Mittani look at the proposal I made in Assembly Hall!

Its a littlebit about Risk VS Reward which we had some exchanging words about, and I want your views on it. Do feel free to mail me ingame if its good or ****.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=70962&find=unread
Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#476 - 2012-02-17 14:36:31 UTC
Hrald wrote:
I'm only a few weeks away from finishing all my training for a carrier. I would drop EVERYTHING for a methnaught.

You and everyone else. Methnought BPOs would basically be a license to print isk. And idea full of win, a company full of fail, cast your vote for Mittens, and let the WIN prevail! Burma Shave.
Boris Lachenkov
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#477 - 2012-02-17 15:53:41 UTC
I vote the methnaught have a new gang warfare link that allows a booster effect to be partially applied to the whole fleet for the duration, this would be in addition to the boosters used by any of the fleet users.

This would require a new siege module of course and it deploys itself into the smiling face of The Mittani, eyes glowing and green smoke pouring out from his mouth.
Vordak Kallager
Wilderness
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
#478 - 2012-02-17 16:19:47 UTC
Boris Lachenkov wrote:
Seleene wrote:

Seleene wrote:
OMG METH-NAUGHTS

Seleene wrote:
Methnaught

@Mittani: you can probably secure Hans Jagerblitzen's vote if you pinky-promise to make OMG METH-NAUGHTS happen. He loves his booster production.

Sa souvraya niende misain ye.

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#479 - 2012-02-17 17:29:17 UTC
Vordak Kallager wrote:
Boris Lachenkov wrote:
Seleene wrote:

Seleene wrote:
OMG METH-NAUGHTS

Seleene wrote:
Methnaught

@Mittani: you can probably secure Hans Jagerblitzen's vote if you pinky-promise to make OMG METH-NAUGHTS happen. He loves his booster production.

I can't seriously imagine anyone being against METH-NAUGHTS

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#480 - 2012-02-17 17:30:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Alavaria Fera
Boris Lachenkov wrote:
This would require a new siege module of course and it deploys itself into the smiling face of The Mittani, eyes glowing and green smoke pouring out from his mouth.

Out of his cigar would be better.

(His avatar on our secret forums, for you pubbies that haven't seen it)