These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

EVE Online ITERATIONS: Re-elect Seleene to CSM 7

First post
Author
Pradege D'Hallur
Destructive Influence
Northern Coalition.
#141 - 2012-02-16 15:28:15 UTC
Hamrammur wrote:
Pradege D'Hallur wrote:
Hamrammur wrote:
Sup Prad , you sound mad bro


Why would i be mad? I just called you out for ****** posting as usual. Plus you can always holla at me on msn ***.


Then point out what is so **** about my post man, was it calling Sel a self serving turncoat for his ingame actions or me saying Dominion sov mechanics are crap and that Sel is partly responsible for it.



You make it seem that you are any different? Or that those in you alliance leadership are not. Don't forget for years i was also in the -a- alliance leadership forums. There were a lot of what you call self serving turncoats, but you make it seem like no else does what they feel is in their best interest. You did the same by being in Rage in Terror did you not? So i guess the main question is should you be throwing personal assaults in a CSM thread or actually trying to post something useful instead of the same old usually sith8?

To answer the direct question what is wrong with your post, answer this question then what sov mechanics have actually worked that ccp have spit out? Everything up to this point has been trial and error instead of bitching and complaining at least some people are trying to find something that will work or be somewhat balanced. So maybe instead of armchair quarterbacking and going for personal assaults you could.........i don't know come post something useful and stop being a total ******.
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#142 - 2012-02-16 16:11:43 UTC
Seleene was the main person from CSM 6 who saw early on that CCP was spending too many resources on incarna and not enough iterating on the spaceship game.

When other csms were writing "in defense of incarna" seleene knew that wasn't the way. I'm glad Seleene was on csm6 and I'm glad CCP finally agreed with him that EVE needs iterations.

Eve could definitely use more iterations and I hope Seleene gets on the csm to push for them again.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

herculetz
The Black Company G.C.
Ferrata Victrix
#143 - 2012-02-16 16:43:52 UTC
So a ton of people are asking why we are against Seleene.
Here is quick snapshot:

Seleene misrepresented his intentions. Southern alliances would have never voted for him if he was in PL.
But that's not what is the most annoying. He screwed his own voters.

He had obligations to voters in his bloc and after the election, he has never contacted
anyone in the South to solicit feedback. Yes, his ticker changed but the people who elected him did not.
Seleene turned around and served his new masters tirelessly while ignoring
the people who voted for him.

So cut the b*llsh*t.
You are the sc*mbag who goes in front of voters - tells them what they want to hear and
than proceed to leave them hanging.

So has been the experience of people who voted for you in CSM 6.
Jin Maci
Synergy Holdings Inc
#144 - 2012-02-16 16:58:52 UTC
herculetz wrote:
So a ton of people are asking why we are against Seleene.
Here is quick snapshot:

Seleene misrepresented his intentions. Southern alliances would have never voted for him if he was in PL.
But that's not what is the most annoying. He screwed his own voters.

He had obligations to voters in his bloc and after the election, he has never contacted
anyone in the South to solicit feedback. Yes, his ticker changed but the people who elected him did not.
Seleene turned around and served his new masters tirelessly while ignoring
the people who voted for him.

So cut the b*llsh*t.
You are the sc*mbag who goes in front of voters - tells them what they want to hear and
than proceed to leave them hanging.

So has been the experience of people who voted for you in CSM 6.


So from your account the csm is just there to support the allaince or block they come from?

What about the entire sandbox we play in?
Seleene
Body Count Inc.
Mercenary Coalition
#145 - 2012-02-16 17:19:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Seleene
herculetz wrote:
So a ton of people are asking why we are against Seleene.
Here is quick snapshot:

Seleene misrepresented his intentions. Southern alliances would have never voted for him if he was in PL.
But that's not what is the most annoying. He screwed his own voters.

He had obligations to voters in his bloc and after the election, he has never contacted
anyone in the South to solicit feedback. Yes, his ticker changed but the people who elected him did not.
Seleene turned around and served his new masters tirelessly while ignoring
the people who voted for him.

So cut the b*llsh*t.
You are the sc*mbag who goes in front of voters - tells them what they want to hear and
than proceed to leave them hanging.

So has been the experience of people who voted for you in CSM 6.


M8, that goes both ways and I've left no one hanging. Anyone that wanted to talk to me, even you, about what was going on could have contacted me at any time or read about what I was doing. I made it a point to keep people as informed as I could as time allowed. I didn't ignore anyone that contacted me with a big issue, I wasn't "serving new masters" (cripes, even that sounds ridiculously dramatic) and I never bothered to check what anyone's alliance ticker said before I spoke to them either.

My OBLIGATION is to EVE, which is the game that we ALL play. I will never put the interests of one 'bloc' of EVE above any other. If you thought that voting for me was going to somehow influence how I conducted myself as a member of the CSM, you were wrong. I've done the best I could regardless of if someone voted for me or not. My alliance ticker is completely irrelevant to how I form opinions on what direction I would like to see EVE take.

2004-2008: Mercenary Coalition Boss

2007-2010: CCP Game Designer | 2011-2013: CSM6 Delegate & CSM7 Chairman

2011-2015: Pandemic Legionnaire

2015- : Mercenary Coalition Boss

Follow Seleene on Twitter!

Raivi
Perkone
Caldari State
#146 - 2012-02-16 17:24:12 UTC
herculetz wrote:
So a ton of people are asking why we are against Seleene.
Here is quick snapshot:

Seleene misrepresented his intentions. Southern alliances would have never voted for him if he was in PL.
But that's not what is the most annoying. He screwed his own voters.

He had obligations to voters in his bloc and after the election, he has never contacted
anyone in the South to solicit feedback. Yes, his ticker changed but the people who elected him did not.
Seleene turned around and served his new masters tirelessly while ignoring
the people who voted for him.

So cut the b*llsh*t.
You are the sc*mbag who goes in front of voters - tells them what they want to hear and
than proceed to leave them hanging.

So has been the experience of people who voted for you in CSM 6.


Seleene's been responding to contact via evemail or his blog all through his term. Southern alliances have the same avenues to contact him as anyone else. He certainly hasn't given any preferential treatment to PL in that regard. He's not the PL "bloc" candidate, Elise is.
paik
H A V O C
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#147 - 2012-02-16 17:24:41 UTC
herculetz wrote:
Angry words .


Herc your petty anger is what holds you back. Can you link the unanswered e-mails you sent or in fact any correspondence that went unanswered to Seleene please. This whole with us or against us attitude is pretty bad and I would urge you to get some fresh air. You would be better served helping the candidate of your choice get elected to CSM than trying to kick sand in others face because let me tell you about kicking sand , sometimes the wind changes. With that said you know just have fun and play the game not everything is some giant conspiracy theory.


♥ Manny
Seleene
Body Count Inc.
Mercenary Coalition
#148 - 2012-02-16 17:53:21 UTC
Timmy Tebow wrote:
I hope I didn't miss these elsewhere in the thread, but I have three questions for you:

1) How do you feel about time dilation and the potential impact it has on CCP in regards to demotivating them in upgrading server hardware?

2) PLEX/GTC prices are too damn high. How will you leverage your influence on the CSM to bring down the price of game time paid with isk?

3) How should CCP reward veterans for their longevity in playing this game instead of punishing them via "end-game" nerfs?

Also, just wanted to say I appreciate all the hard work you did on CSM 6. It didn't go unnoticed. As I evaluate these early candidates, you are my favorite. Keep up the good work!


1.) I don't think CCP will ever stop upgrading the hardware. They have a very dedicated team that talks to IBM and other companies all the time with regard to how to improve things. In this respect, EVE is unique - there is nothing else out there which does what EVE's cluster does so it naturally draws attention from companies on the leading edge of technology. Every FanFest there is a presentation on this where CCP and other tech companies talk about how they are helping each other do cool :nerd: stuff. So, basically, I'm not worried. Smile

2.) This has actually been talked about quite a bit at the last summit but I cannot really go into detail. I can say that I believe the CSM has pushed hard on this issue and CCP acknowledges that it is a problem they are looking to remedy. TLDR - Already on it!

3.) I think that the game should evolve and expand to keep providing challenges to it's older players. Space is vast and full of mysteries. Since Apocrypha, there really hasn't been a push to recover a sense of wonder in EVE for players. CCP needs to find a way to rediscover this through content designed specifically to feed the passions of jaded, older players so we'll stop swinging lightsabers or forging iron daggers when we get bored.

2004-2008: Mercenary Coalition Boss

2007-2010: CCP Game Designer | 2011-2013: CSM6 Delegate & CSM7 Chairman

2011-2015: Pandemic Legionnaire

2015- : Mercenary Coalition Boss

Follow Seleene on Twitter!

Pallidum Treponema
Body Count Inc.
Mercenary Coalition
#149 - 2012-02-16 20:48:59 UTC
Would this include "true exploration" and colonization?
Hamrammur
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#150 - 2012-02-16 20:52:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Hamrammur
Seleene wrote:
Timmy Tebow wrote:
I hope I didn't miss these elsewhere in the thread, but I have three questions for you:

1) How do you feel about time dilation and the potential impact it has on CCP in regards to demotivating them in upgrading server hardware?

2) PLEX/GTC prices are too damn high. How will you leverage your influence on the CSM to bring down the price of game time paid with isk?

3) How should CCP reward veterans for their longevity in playing this game instead of punishing them via "end-game" nerfs?

Also, just wanted to say I appreciate all the hard work you did on CSM 6. It didn't go unnoticed. As I evaluate these early candidates, you are my favorite. Keep up the good work!


1.) I don't think CCP will ever stop upgrading the hardware. They have a very dedicated team that talks to IBM and other companies all the time with regard to how to improve things. In this respect, EVE is unique - there is nothing else out there which does what EVE's cluster does so it naturally draws attention from companies on the leading edge of technology. Every FanFest there is a presentation on this where CCP and other tech companies talk about how they are helping each other do cool :nerd: stuff. So, basically, I'm not worried. Smile

2.) This has actually been talked about quite a bit at the last summit but I cannot really go into detail. I can say that I believe the CSM has pushed hard on this issue and CCP acknowledges that it is a problem they are looking to remedy. TLDR - Already on it!

3.) I think that the game should evolve and expand to keep providing challenges to it's older players. Space is vast and full of mysteries. Since Apocrypha, there really hasn't been a push to recover a sense of wonder in EVE for players. CCP needs to find a way to rediscover this through content designed specifically to feed the passions of jaded, older players so we'll stop swinging lightsabers or forging iron daggers when we get bored.


Why should anyone trust a word you say m8 when you end up joining the very same alliance you hated so much that you wanted them dead, banned and playing MLP online not so long ago?
And don´t give us crap about "Alliance Tickers" blah blah blah .. it´s about you doing whatever serves your interests the best even if it means going against your own words.
Raivi
Perkone
Caldari State
#151 - 2012-02-16 21:51:52 UTC
Hamrammur wrote:


Why should anyone trust a word you say m8 when you end up joining the very same alliance you hated so much that you wanted them dead, banned and playing MLP online no so long ago?
And don´t give us crap about "Alliance Tickers" blah blah blah .. it´s about you doing whatever serves your interests the best even if it means going against your own words.


It's because the people who rage against us the hardest only do so because they secretly want to join us. Just make peace with that and give in to the inevitable. I'm pretty sure we've got a spot in SAS saved for you brother.
Hamrammur
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#152 - 2012-02-16 22:01:49 UTC
Raivi wrote:
Hamrammur wrote:


Why should anyone trust a word you say m8 when you end up joining the very same alliance you hated so much that you wanted them dead, banned and playing MLP online no so long ago?
And don´t give us crap about "Alliance Tickers" blah blah blah .. it´s about you doing whatever serves your interests the best even if it means going against your own words.


It's because the people who rage against us the hardest only do so because they secretly want to join us. Just make peace with that and give in to the inevitable. I'm pretty sure we've got a spot in SAS saved for you brother.



Thank you very much but I´m fine in the alliance I helped to found all those years back .
Raivi
Perkone
Caldari State
#153 - 2012-02-16 22:12:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Raivi
We can wait. You're worth it.
Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#154 - 2012-02-16 22:15:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Johnny Marzetti
Raivi wrote:


It's because the people who rage against us the hardest only do so because they secretly want to join us.


I don't know much about internet spaceships but I have years of experience with penifSMASH's terrible posting so your alliance can't be all that great, sorry.
Raivi
Perkone
Caldari State
#155 - 2012-02-16 22:43:57 UTC
Johnny Marzetti wrote:
Raivi wrote:


It's because the people who rage against us the hardest only do so because they secretly want to join us.


I don't know much about internet spaceships but I have years of experience with penifSMASH's terrible posting so your alliance can't be all that great, sorry.


PL has worked hard to accumulate the galaxy's foremost collection of terrible posters. Once we absorb the most prolific remaining AAA posters we'll be an unstoppable juggernaut of badposting like the world has never seen.

Be afraid.
Hamrammur
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#156 - 2012-02-16 23:40:58 UTC
Pradege D'Hallur wrote:
Hamrammur wrote:
Pradege D'Hallur wrote:
Hamrammur wrote:
Sup Prad , you sound mad bro


Why would i be mad? I just called you out for ****** posting as usual. Plus you can always holla at me on msn ***.


Then point out what is so **** about my post man, was it calling Sel a self serving turncoat for his ingame actions or me saying Dominion sov mechanics are crap and that Sel is partly responsible for it.



You make it seem that you are any different? Or that those in you alliance leadership are not. Don't forget for years i was also in the -a- alliance leadership forums. There were a lot of what you call self serving turncoats, but you make it seem like no else does what they feel is in their best interest. You did the same by being in Rage in Terror did you not? So i guess the main question is should you be throwing personal assaults in a CSM thread or actually trying to post something useful instead of the same old usually sith8?

To answer the direct question what is wrong with your post, answer this question then what sov mechanics have actually worked that ccp have spit out? Everything up to this point has been trial and error instead of bitching and complaining at least some people are trying to find something that will work or be somewhat balanced. So maybe instead of armchair quarterbacking and going for personal assaults you could.........i don't know come post something useful and stop being a total ******.


Yes Prad, I am still in AAA and did not fck over my voters and join nr 1 enemy alliance 15 minutes after I got elected.
I´m not sure I follow you when you try to use it against me that I am in RAT. but whatever bro.
What I was questioning about Sel is his trustworthiness as he has shown himself capable of a complete turn around on just about anything in this game if it so suits him or his corp.
Furthermore you did not answer my question what was wrong with my post but instead asked another question, I can tell you that the previous POS sov mechanics made more sense than the BS we have to endure now... I mean try to explain this crap to someone who does not play Eve but would like to try.
And there was nothing personal in what I said, I made it clear to include the word INGAME in every accusation I made against Sel.
The RL person is a chill dude i´d share a beer with anytime.
Seleene
Body Count Inc.
Mercenary Coalition
#157 - 2012-02-17 00:25:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Seleene
Hamrammur wrote:

Yes Prad, I am still in AAA and did not fck over my voters...

And there was nothing personal in what I said, I made it clear to include the word INGAME in every accusation I made against Sel.
The RL person is a chill dude i´d share a beer with anytime.


Thanks, man (me too), so let's talk about RL then because you've nailed the main issue. I feel very comfortable in saying that I didn't do one thing different on the CSM regardless of who voted for me. I ran very openly as someone that does not have any intention of bias toward one alliance or style of gameplay. Sure, I have my personal priorities but those are all public record, moreso than many other CSMs. This nonsense that I somehow violated your trust implies that I actively worked against some secret agenda that I would never agree to in the first place.

You cannot offer anything that says I favored PL or any other alliance in my tenure on CSM 6. You have NOTHING but bitching about how I amd Manny and whoever else decided to do what we felt best for us and our bros. The reason you can't is because the CSM is an OUT OF GAME ORGANIZATION. When we sit down in Iceland or talk on Skype, I talk with real people about real issues in the game. I talk with people like Alex, Robert, Mikhal, Josh, Sean and Stephan. In fact, it's pretty funny how rare, if ever, anyone gets ~mad~ about in game politics. If someone comes in amd starts this tinfoil bullshit they are rapidly outcast.

If you are mad about some in game political thing, all right. But stop trying to connect it to the Real Life work that the CSM does on the video game we all play. Smile

2004-2008: Mercenary Coalition Boss

2007-2010: CCP Game Designer | 2011-2013: CSM6 Delegate & CSM7 Chairman

2011-2015: Pandemic Legionnaire

2015- : Mercenary Coalition Boss

Follow Seleene on Twitter!

Two step
Aperture Harmonics
#158 - 2012-02-17 01:07:21 UTC
Seleene wrote:
Hamrammur wrote:

Yes Prad, I am still in AAA and did not fck over my voters...

And there was nothing personal in what I said, I made it clear to include the word INGAME in every accusation I made against Sel.
The RL person is a chill dude i´d share a beer with anytime.


Thanks, man (me too), so let's talk about RL then because you've nailed the main issue. I feel very comfortable in saying that I didn't do one thing different on the CSM regardless of who voted for me. I ran very openly as someone that does not have any intention of bias toward one alliance or style of gameplay. Sure, I have my personal priorities but those are all public record, moreso than many other CSMs. This nonsense that I somehow violated your trust implies that I actively worked against some secret agenda that I would never agree to in the first place.

You cannot offer anything that says I favored PL or any other alliance in my tenure on CSM 6. You have NOTHING but bitching about how I amd Manny and whoever else decided to do what we felt best for us and our bros. The reason you can't is because the CSM is an OUT OF GAME ORGANIZATION. When we sit down in Iceland or talk on Skype, I talk with real people about real issues in the game. I talk with people like Alex, Robert, Mikhal, Josh, Sean and Stephan. In fact, it's pretty funny how rare, if ever, anyone gets ~mad~ about in game politics. If someone comes in amd starts this tinfoil bullshit they are rapidly outcast.

If you are mad about some in game political thing, all right. But stop trying to connect it to the Real Life work that the CSM does on the video game we all play. Smile


Just wanted to point out that Seleene has *always* been willing to raise issues even if those would hurt whatever alliance he is currently in. This includes advocating for nerfs to supercaps while he flies one himself and his alliance (PL) is widely known as the largest users of supers.

Seleene hasn't f'd over anyone that voted for him. He has done a fantastic job representing *everyone* who plays this game. Thanks to all of you who voted him on CSM 6, it would have been a much worse CSM without him.

CSM 7 Secretary CSM 6 Alternate Delegate @two_step_eve on Twitter My Blog

Hamrammur
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#159 - 2012-02-17 05:39:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Hamrammur
Seleene wrote:
Hamrammur wrote:

Yes Prad, I am still in AAA and did not fck over my voters...

And there was nothing personal in what I said, I made it clear to include the word INGAME in every accusation I made against Sel.
The RL person is a chill dude i´d share a beer with anytime.


Thanks, man (me too), so let's talk about RL then because you've nailed the main issue. I feel very comfortable in saying that I didn't do one thing different on the CSM regardless of who voted for me. I ran very openly as someone that does not have any intention of bias toward one alliance or style of gameplay. Sure, I have my personal priorities but those are all public record, moreso than many other CSMs. This nonsense that I somehow violated your trust implies that I actively worked against some secret agenda that I would never agree to in the first place.

You cannot offer anything that says I favored PL or any other alliance in my tenure on CSM 6. You have NOTHING but bitching about how I amd Manny and whoever else decided to do what we felt best for us and our bros. The reason you can't is because the CSM is an OUT OF GAME ORGANIZATION. When we sit down in Iceland or talk on Skype, I talk with real people about real issues in the game. I talk with people like Alex, Robert, Mikhal, Josh, Sean and Stephan. In fact, it's pretty funny how rare, if ever, anyone gets ~mad~ about in game politics. If someone comes in amd starts this tinfoil bullshit they are rapidly outcast.

If you are mad about some in game political thing, all right. But stop trying to connect it to the Real Life work that the CSM does on the video game we all play. Smile



No Sel and you quoted the wrong part of my post .. the real question being asked is your trustworthiness based on your ingame actions after all you campaign with your ingame alias and your ingame avatar, feel free to move this campaign to Facebook if you want to mix your RL persona in this.
Take Mittens for example; he is quite possibly somekind of record holder in Eve for lying,swindling and being a complete bastard, but he is still a goon and never changed his colors.
You did Sel when it suited you and more than once and that is why I question you as a CSM candidate.
Constantinee
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#160 - 2012-02-17 05:43:12 UTC
I think i still owe you 20 bil....I vote for you and now were even my old friend. :)

Constantinee video archive. http://www.youtube.com/user/Constvids?feature=mhee