These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Unit - Communication Thread [Further research begun]

Author
Unit XS365BT
Unit Commune
#41 - 2011-11-06 22:21:24 UTC
We are willing to aid you with your current situation pilot Hound.
Await further contact.

We Return.

Unit XS365BT. Designated Communications Officer. Unit Commune.

Unit XS365BT
Unit Commune
#42 - 2011-11-18 15:03:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Unit XS365BT
Pilot Hound, We have yet to observe your connection to the NEOCOM network at a time where we are also connected.
Our offer of aid is still open, should it be required.

Further update.
Project Silent Dusk deployment tests completed.
Deployment efficiency increased by 218%.
Area of effect increased by 12%.
Field saturation requirement reduced by 20%.

Yulai prototype updated, Awaiting CONCORD oversight.

We Return.

Unit XS365BT
Unit Commune
#43 - 2011-12-09 14:22:36 UTC
cc.sup.lye.avan.

This is the supposed fragmented code being broadcast from the Polaris system.

Considering the current denizens of the system, We can assume that the first section of the code relates to the CCP alliance.
The second section 'Sup' may be many things, however we believe that it refers to Support or Super [capital] forces.

Currently the remaining portions, 'Lye.Avan', are a mystery to us, however we will continue to attempt to decipher their meaning.

One suggested meaning 'CCP Super Leviathan' does not fit the apparrent data, as this suggestion does not contain one of the characters within the fragments. specifically 'y' .

to summarise: We believe that the data in question begins with either:

CCP Support
or
CCP Super Capital

we will continue work on deciphering the meaning of lye.avan.

We Return.

Aiwha
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#44 - 2011-12-10 06:22:28 UTC
I don't want to interrupt your business with the Jove, but there's something rather important I would like to discuss, and a favor to ask. Its a very personal matter.

Sanity is fun leaving the body.

Unit XS365BT
Unit Commune
#45 - 2011-12-10 13:50:46 UTC
Confirmed pilot Aiwha, we will contact you as soon as we are able.

We Return.

Niall R
Nagles Capital Management
#46 - 2011-12-19 11:01:11 UTC
Haven, if I'm not mistaken, that was the name of a significant planet in the Messoya system, featured in the capsuleer produced holorells, Clear Skies 3.

Whether the planet in question is genuinly called Haven, or if the names are little more than a coincidence remains to be seen.

Regards
Niall R
Unit XS365BT
Unit Commune
#47 - 2011-12-20 16:09:29 UTC
Unit Commune is not, and has never been, resident in the Messoya system.

We Return

41 49 3432
Rogue Drone Systems
#48 - 2011-12-27 18:50:44 UTC
COFFEE MACHINES are {doing well} 41 49 3432 acknowledges.

Perhaps in the near future this datum may be brought into coherence with efficiency.

Which is to modify COFFEE MACHINES records to {not doing well}
Unit XS365BT
Unit Commune
#49 - 2011-12-28 01:22:47 UTC
Notification:

There will be no further communication with damaged drone hive designated Rogue Drone Systems until such a time as the entity in question uses the correct term of address.

On a lighter note, the YC calendar is soon to begin another cycle, we have noted that at this time it is customary to vocalise hopes that known aquaintances and friends have an enjoyable and productive year. We therefore express such sentiments.

We Return.

Istvaan Shogaatsu
Guiding Hand Social Club
#50 - 2011-12-28 23:01:39 UTC
Unit XS365BT wrote:
On a lighter note,

Said the eyeless AI-infested ghoul,

Unit XS365BT wrote:
the YC calendar is soon to begin another cycle, we have noted that at this time it is customary to vocalise hopes that known aquaintances and friends have an enjoyable and productive year. We therefore express such sentiments.

We Return.

Well, there's good tidings for a new year to come! Everyone feeling festive? I know I am!
Tarryn Nightstorm
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#51 - 2011-12-29 04:40:58 UTC
Istvaan Shogaatsu wrote:
Everyone feeling festive? I know I am!

You know it, eh!

Star Wars: the Old Republic may not be EVE. But I'll take the sound of dual blaster-pistols over "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW!!!11oneone!!" any day of the week.

ValentinaDLM
SoE Roughriders
Electus Matari
#52 - 2011-12-29 14:52:19 UTC
Unit XS365BT wrote:
Notification:

There will be no further communication with damaged drone hive designated Rogue Drone Systems until such a time as the entity in question uses the correct term of address.

Actually, I think 41 might be onto something, I mean generally speaking it has always made good reasonable decisions and understands humanities needs far better than you have. Therefore I think it knows something that I don't about you..... in any case I take mine with soy cream and sugar, and please grind the beans as short of a time as possible before brewing, I do enjoy it fresh.
wurblewind
Filthy Peasants
Intergalactic Space Hobos
#53 - 2012-01-04 05:16:23 UTC
ValentinaDLM wrote:
Unit XS365BT wrote:
Notification:

Actually, I think 41 might be onto something, I mean generally speaking it has always made good reasonable decisions and understands humanities needs far better than you have. Therefore I think it knows something that I don't about you..... in any case I take mine with soy cream and sugar, and please grind the beans as short of a time as possible before brewing, I do enjoy it fresh.

Don't give it so much credit. Valentina, I remember that junkhea-er, emergent entity's last little emergence tour against the Commune, didn't end so well for the scrap brigad-er emergent entities. Yuni, if they want another round my schedule's more or less free, and my trigger finger is slightly itchy. Just say the word. Pirate

Oh, and also, if you do decide to go into the coffee shop business, a large mug of Earl Grey, black, piping hot. Blink

[center]Keep low, fly fast, die well.[/center]

Unit XS365BT
Unit Commune
#54 - 2012-02-02 15:53:10 UTC
[Status update]

Unit Commune is returning to active service within new eden.

[Update complete]

ValentinaDLM
SoE Roughriders
Electus Matari
#55 - 2012-02-02 16:17:45 UTC
Unit XS365BT wrote:
[Status update]

Unit Commune is returning to active service within new eden.

[Update complete]

Ugh, Really? Where is the Entity when you need it.
Unit XS365BT
Unit Commune
#56 - 2012-02-18 00:07:19 UTC
Current Unit operational parameters have been deemed insufficient to deal with threats to Unit operational area.
Operational parameters upgraded.

Passive / Reactive combat subroutines offline.
Active subroutines activated.

Activating additional Unit forces.

We Return.

Unit XS365BT
Unit Commune
#57 - 2012-02-20 21:35:14 UTC
REQUEST FOR CAPSULEER ASSISTANCE.

We hereby request assistance from capsuleers who frequent the regions of the cluster known as the 'Drone Regions'

This aid is directly linked to a scientific endeavour, aimed at locating a possible link to the origins of the Rogue Drone species as a whole.

While we would, in most cases, have completed this search ourselves, if our hypothesis is correct, success in such a search would prove detrimental to any drone entity, or vessel that is in possession of, or is using, drones.

Further details are available upon request. pending verification of current status.

We Return.

Unit XS365BT
Unit Commune
#58 - 2012-03-27 02:54:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Unit XS365BT
Update:

Capsuleer assistance request ongoing, please refer to the above post.

Project Silent Dusk awaiting final test.
Test dependent upon cluster incursion status..

We Await.

We Return.

Bai'xao Meiyi
#59 - 2012-03-29 11:41:48 UTC
But we know where the rogue drones came from, there a Gallentean corporations screw up aren't they? Regardless if there is an area of that space where its owners operate under a NRDS policy, I would be glad to help you investigate Yuni, if your willing to trust me of course, we haven't met before after all. Call me Bai, I look forward to hearing from you.
Unit XS365BT
Unit Commune
#60 - 2012-03-29 14:17:26 UTC
Negative. The vast majority of rogue drones occurred during the cataclysmic failure of Operation Spectrum Breach, when the worker drones of the terraformer & stargate construction fleet sent by the Gallente Federation broke free of their programming and turned on their controllers, across the entire area now known as the Drone Regions.

A leaked CONCORD report regarding this event, amongst others, can be found at the following Galnet address http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Talk:Code_Aria_Inquiry

The drones of which you speak are specific, and named.

They are: Orphyx, Magnus, Creoptolemus, Lazara, Prosperia, Heaestus & Athol

while there are some theories that state that these drones may have been the precursors to the Rogue Drones we see today, our theories do not follow this route.

We believe that something within the drone regions was of sufficiently advanced technology to corrupt the AI of 8 entire regions in a short enough timeframe to render any chance of the human controllers successful intervention null

It is for this reason that we cannot commit to this search ourselves, as if we were to find this artefact, there is no garuantee that we would not be affected in a simillar manner.

We cannot at this time garuantee that the denizens of the 8 regions now known as the drone regions would all be NRDS, such is the nature of lawless space. therefore we would suggest that any search be performed in a covert operations capable vessel.

due to the nature of the device being sought, we would not suggest taking a compliment of drones.

We Return.